Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Cadalack Ron was the most innovative battle rapper ....

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 11:11 AM   #1
SHOWTIME

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
SHOWTIME is better than Grind Time AustraliaSHOWTIME is better than Grind Time Australia
Cadalack Ron was the most innovative battle rapper ....

The way he trolled everyone with his racist angles was amazing.

Nobody got it or understood it....
Old 11-29-2016, 11:24 AM   #2
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME View Post
The way he trolled everyone with his racist angles was amazing.

Nobody got it or understood it....
we got it after the first time.
Old 11-29-2016, 02:23 PM   #3
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
was actually a fan of caddy for quite some time. i didn't hear about his white nationalist ties until after he died and only just recently found out that he confirmed on the DBD show when someone posted a video a few weeks back. obviously didn't know the dude personally so i can't determine his true feelings about race, but his association with that ideology makes his racist angles pretty damn suspect. not to mention that they attract the wrong type of people to battle rap regardless.

Last edited by peace; 11-29-2016 at 07:25 PM.
Old 11-29-2016, 02:37 PM   #4
corny

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
corny is a PY Poster
nah not really.
the bars he used for his racist angles were common old jokes nothing new about them

i'm not saying caddy was a full blown racist but in my eyes it definitely wasn't a troll, caddy's mentality seemed stuck in convict code where it's whites with whites blacks with blacks

so I'm saying at the least caddy had some true racial tension in his heart but at the same time he could be cool with anyone.
Old 11-29-2016, 03:24 PM   #5
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Honestly Caddy lost the plot before he passed away. Caddy 2.0 was actually getting really dope and then he started taking obvious angles and played jokes. Watch some of Caddy's battles right when he started being Caddy 2.0 and there is some really creative writing and angles going on. Then he did a couple of offensive battles and then just went crazy with it.

I doubt there is a single person on the forum that didn't 'get' what he was trying to do after that, but it wasn't even remotely pleasant to the ears, just a bunch of 'look at me, aren't I being shocking'?
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Old 11-29-2016, 03:55 PM   #6
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
WE WAZ kangz
Of course you liked ron, he was a rapping stormfront meme
Old 11-29-2016, 04:58 PM   #7
SHOWTIME

SHOWTIME is better than Grind Time AustraliaSHOWTIME is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Of course you liked ron, he was a rapping stormfront meme
You have no idea how much I hate you as a user. Just the fact that you find me saying WE WAZ KANGZ racist kind of proves that you, are in fact racist.
At least a dumbass. Definitley a dumbass.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:06 PM   #8
6000GP
tupac back

6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
You have no idea how much I hate you as a user. Just the fact that you find me saying WE WAZ KANGZ racist kind of proves that you, are in fact racist.
At least a dumbass. Definitley a dumbass.
Lol, you "hate"? There's another big surprise..

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/we-wuz-kings?full=1

" In addition to its widespread usage on /pol/, the phrase has been also adopted by detractors of Pan-Africanism on other discussion forums, including white supremacist and nationalist websites."

But I'm racist for pointing this out. Okay, guy...
Old 11-29-2016, 05:08 PM   #9
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
Old 11-29-2016, 05:17 PM   #10
SHOWTIME

Quote:

" In addition to its widespread usage on /pol/, the phrase has been also adopted by detractors of Pan-Africanism on other discussion forums, including white supremacist and nationalist websites."

So because white supremacist point out that "we WAZ kangz," and this whole "Egyptians were the negus," thing is retarded anyone who agrees with that is a neo nazi ? Oh wow. I bet your one of those who tell people "HITLER WAS A CHRISTIAN!!!" And are the first to remind people that the nazi's had "Gott minn uns" on their uniforms...

Wow, that's amazing. So if you don't agree with people like brother POLIGHT and point out how stupid ANY racial pride is (that includes Varg Vikernes being prideful of his white heritage and blonde hair) is stupid that's somehow racist.
But if I was black and said we WAZ kangs is dumb you would have no issue and wouldn't draw the comparison between me and a white nationalist.

I know this isn't a valid point but if you think I could support white nationalism, I can't.im not white and my race is somewhere at the top of their lists.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:18 PM   #11
SHOWTIME

Quote:

"Oh wow you hate?!" What a PC liberal California faggot. Drop dead.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:23 PM   #12
AdarOne
shoots fair ones

Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
AdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICE
Obvi attempt to troll 6000 from the op.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:23 PM   #13
AdarOne
shoots fair ones

Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
AdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICE
Hall of shame thread IMO
Old 11-29-2016, 05:24 PM   #14
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
"Oh wow you hate?!" What a PC liberal California faggot. Drop dead.
Chill out. You may disagree but 'waaaa he's a faggot pc nazi, i want him to die' doesn't seem likely to change anyone's mind
Old 11-29-2016, 05:28 PM   #15
riffic
RYD ;

riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
What a PC liberal California faggot. Drop dead.
take a breather
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Old 11-29-2016, 05:31 PM   #16
6000GP
tupac back

Wow, this guy just had a breakdown...

I just said it was a white supremacist meme (which it is), and that it's not surprising that you liked the real life embodiment of it

I have no idea what else you are ranting about, but it has nothing to do with me
Old 11-29-2016, 05:31 PM   #17
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

Mentioned: 1284 Post(s)
ErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time Antarctica
When caddy first had a battle drop with unorthodox phrases I really went hard against him on rapmusic tbh. I felt his racial approach was corny/embarrassing and pretty rough to listen to. As time went on he seemed to tone it down and had some very well written angles and approaches I came to appreciate. At the same time, though, I noticed he still had pretty controversial POVs and comments thrown in and realized that's just part of who he was; he seemed to be pushing the boundaries in any way he could.

Before he passed, I met him at Back to Basics and had a convo with him about how critical I was of him and I learned the guy is really a lot different in person and that may offer a bit of context in terms of who he is and why he felt free to push the boundaries in that way. I think in some way he didn't account for the fact that most viewers online won't be able to know who he is on a personal level and would take his message far differently. He did voice his regret for the approach early on and mentioned that's what "2.0" was all about and that his detractors (me, for instance) were ones that helped him develop to a much more accessible product

I still don't agree with his original material, but meeting him did put it into perspective for me and Caddy will be missed
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
erik foreman is like the vince mcmahon of this shit ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gggyea View Post
holy shit FOREMAN is a ruthless mother fcker!!! he sees an idea working and makes it his own. ur a sly businessman my friend. crushing the opposition every chance u get.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:34 PM   #18
6000GP
tupac back

That's some good copypasta tho
Old 11-29-2016, 05:42 PM   #19
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikForeman View Post
When caddy first had a battle drop with unorthodox phrases I really went hard against him on rapmusic tbh. I felt his racial approach was corny/embarrassing and pretty rough to listen to. As time went on he seemed to tone it down and had some very well written angles and approaches I came to appreciate. At the same time, though, I noticed he still had pretty controversial POVs and comments thrown in and realized that's just part of who he was; he seemed to be pushing the boundaries in any way he could.

Before he passed, I met him at Back to Basics and had a convo with him about how critical I was of him and I learned the guy is really a lot different in person and that may offer a bit of context in terms of who he is and why he felt free to push the boundaries in that way. I think in some way he didn't account for the fact that most viewers online won't be able to know who he is on a personal level and would take his message far differently. He did voice his regret for the approach early on and mentioned that's what "2.0" was all about and that his detractors (me, for instance) were ones that helped him develop to a much more accessible product

I still don't agree with his original material, but meeting him did put it into perspective for me and Caddy will be missed
He had ties to white supremacist gangs and shit outside of battle rap. This is a confirmed fact. He referenced things like "Odinism", "Valhalla", and "the 14 words" unironically. I'm sure you know what those things are, and if anyone doesn't, I recommend you google those terms, because ron was a sneaky guy and slipped in some esoteric references that only white nationalists could appreciate. But I'm happy for you that you have reconciled your more nuanced "alt-right" stance with his more wreckless "alt-right" legacy.

Old 11-29-2016, 05:47 PM   #20
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
You have no idea how much I hate you as a user.
@Ryuha you had your time in the sun, your love for the feminine form/energy has brung me many smiles over the past year or so since, you first declared it, now I have to move on. This one isn't as unique, special or close to my heart but I feel it needs some time to grow on all of us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz

Last edited by rogermellie; 11-29-2016 at 05:50 PM.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:49 PM   #21
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

ErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
He had ties to white supremacist gangs and shit outside of battle rap. This is a confirmed fact. He referenced things like "Odinism", "Valhalla", and "the 14 words" unironically. I'm sure you know what those things are, and if anyone doesn't, I recommend you google those terms, because ron was a sneaky guy and slipped in some esoteric references that only white nationalists could appreciate. But I'm happy for you that you have reconciled your more nuanced "alt-right" stance with his more wreckless "alt-right" legacy.

I don't know what those things mean, really. Also, our stances really didn't align at all, I'm explaining the impression I got from him from my 1 convo with him

what do you mean by esoteric references? (btw I'm not alt right)
Quote:
holy shit FOREMAN is a ruthless mother fcker!!! he sees an idea working and makes it his own. ur a sly businessman my friend. crushing the opposition every chance u get.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:57 PM   #22
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
I don't know what those things mean, really. Also, our stances really didn't align at all, I'm explaining the impression I got from him from my 1 convo with him

what do you mean by esoteric references? (btw I'm not alt right)
Fair enough. My mistake, I thought you were an alt-right guy, if not, sorry for the mix up.

I will give ron credit tho, because a lot of people didnt get those references, and it was very coy the way he'd sneak stuff like that in. Because if they did know what he was talking about, it'd be really difficult to deny that ron was a card carrying white supremacist.

#14/88
Old 11-29-2016, 06:01 PM   #23
Scartown

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Scartown is better than Grind Time AustraliaScartown is better than Grind Time Australia
Man, I don't know any of you or barely anything about caddy. I just never got the "you don't know the real Ron" bullshit. You're right, most don't know him so all we have to go on is what he says as well as his battle persona.

Judging by that he was a POS.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:04 PM   #24
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

Quote:
Fair enough. My mistake, I thought you were an alt-right guy, if not, sorry for the mix up.

I will give ron credit tho, because a lot of people didnt get those references, and it was very coy the way he'd sneak stuff like that in. Because if they did know what he was talking about, it'd be really difficult to deny that ron was a card carrying white supremacist.

#14/88
just searched the 14 words, did he really reference that?
Quote:
Old 11-29-2016, 06:12 PM   #25
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
i walked into this thread knowing 6k would be the victim of showtime's trolling and fell for it anyway

i'm surprised you guys haven't realized showtime's posts are entirely satirical and any response to them is just fodder for him to run off of -- dude made a Hitman Holla vs PoRich thread that got 30 posts in a day and all of em were pretty serious takes on the matter

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
Old 11-29-2016, 06:12 PM   #26
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scartown View Post
Man, I don't know any of you or barely anything about caddy. I just never got the "you don't know the real Ron" bullshit. You're right, most don't know him so all we have to go on is what he says as well as his battle persona.

Judging by that he was a POS.
if you're referencing my post that's not what I meant at all. Realistically, I didn't even "know the real Ron"; I only spoke to him once. I was just saying I felt like who he was tended to be lost in translation, if that at all matters (I can understand the opinion that it does not)
Quote:
Old 11-29-2016, 06:18 PM   #27
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
*Blinks*

*Looks at @6000GP*

Only one question. Why, instead of embracing their inherent racist over and undertones.. do white people play the game? Who, precisely, do they believe is fooled?

Quote:
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:19 PM   #28
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 427 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
who banned showtime?

he has been trying to prove how stupid our community has been by his recent trolls threads and posts

seems its worked
Old 11-29-2016, 06:20 PM   #29
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
just searched the 14 words, did he really reference that?
Yeah, vs ncredable

Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
i'm surprised you guys haven't realized showtime's posts are entirely satirical
Why is this so often the excuse for when people say dumb shit? "It was satire/joking/trolling..."

Nah.. You gotta be pretty naive to believe that there aren't actual fucked up people among us.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:22 PM   #30
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
Quote:
Nah.. You gotta be pretty naive to believe that there aren't actual fucked up people among us.
no, like

when i called his trolling out within the hitman/porich thread, he repped me

for this

he's admitting to it right here, dude's just being an asshole for fun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-29-2016, 06:23 PM   #31
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceAintRight View Post
*Blinks*

*Looks at @6000GP*

Only one question. Why, instead of embracing their inherent racist over and undertones.. do white people play the game? Who, precisely, do they believe is fooled?
No one's really racist, it's all satire lol

Nah, but forreal, they're only fooling themselves
Old 11-29-2016, 06:25 PM   #32
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
no, like

for this

haha, i've got the same thing going on btwn him and me in the reps too...

but i mean it was pretty obvious even before he started repping
Old 11-29-2016, 06:29 PM   #33
PriceAintRight

PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
no, like

for this

It's not him, it's the people that folks like him bring to the light. They turn satire into reality real quick.

Quote:
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:30 PM   #34
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledge View Post
haha, i've got the same thing going on btwn him and me in the reps too...

but i mean it was pretty obvious even before he started repping
precisely

which is why it's mildly alarming people still take him so seriously, when it's very obvious he's just trying to piss everyone off

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-29-2016, 06:31 PM   #35
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceAintRight View Post
They turn satire into reality real quick.
that's dumb though

that's dumb and should be viewed as dumb, this community's small enough to have us know when we're being trolled by someone and when it's a legitimate opinion

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-29-2016, 06:32 PM   #36
riffic
RYD ;

lol if you guys like the joke why are you whistleblowing it

also @culturedboy is duckin!!!!
Quote:
Old 11-29-2016, 06:33 PM   #37
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

convo would be much different if he hadn't passed away, I'ma keep it respectful considering the fact
Quote:
Old 11-29-2016, 06:33 PM   #38
PriceAintRight

Quote:
that's dumb though

that's dumb and should be viewed as dumb, this community's small enough to have us know when we're being trolled by someone and when it's a legitimate opinion
So you say.

Quote:
Old 11-29-2016, 06:34 PM   #39
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post

fight me
Old 11-29-2016, 06:34 PM   #40
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post

i actually had a tab open on my other browser asking you if you wanted to do like a one-off during the time of the next event's battles dropping, like an event one-off
whenever ur ready set dates so i can put you to sleep

you ain't even catch that

(you probably caught it, you're a sharp guy)

setdate

put you to sleep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread

Tags
10004, 1052, 1053, 1054, 1199, 128064, 128076, 1281, 128175, 1488, 2848, 3174, 445, 5047, 55357, 56847, 688, 691, 7497, 7501, 7506, 7511, 7590