I like this site a lot bettr

Old 08-06-2014, 03:46 PM   #41
theTruth
voice of reason

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
theTruth is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by -J- View Post
I agree with this. It is one of the reasons I choose to register here and just recently made the decision to start posting here. I can't understand the point or why people want to visit the other forum when its like 10% discussion and 90% immature troll posts.
I dont mind trolling with moderation ..

Get it? I dont mind - nvm, theyll get that on the way home
theTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 04:09 PM   #42
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 836 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by theTruth View Post
I dont mind trolling with moderation ..

Get it? I dont mind - nvm, theyll get that on the way home
Put it in subtitles or somethin
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 04:24 PM   #43
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
ppl come on this site and feel like it's an "us vs them" kinda thing.
Yup, and I feel like it's kotd's fault for not staying in their own lane. They created the divide, and their supporters rallied behind it. It's not like URL was on here trying to one-up kotd. They always gave them their space and showed respect from what I can tell. They didnt copy anything kotd was doing or try and of try to crossover to their lane. It was a lot better when kotd just did what they did and didnt try to "copy the format." Since this is a kotd site, they're gonna benefit the most from the divide, but the cold part is, they still have the audacity to complain that not EVERYONE is on their nuts.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 04:29 PM   #44
Rusty Shackleford

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Rusty Shackleford is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
LMAO, the fuck is this guy even talking about?

He's just as bad as any of those clowns on the other site, or those squares on the talk back group.

@kotd, check out my sig. These are the kinda people who are licking ur balls. Is this the type of person u want as ur core-audience?

It's ok to say yes. I wouldn't be surprised... The image of ur league is already a reflection of the fanbase and vice versa

And Idk what this "URL>>" business is about. It's clear that this is KOTDBVA.com, and URL is a shit league that fell off after summer madness 2. The only next step is to not post ANY URL battles here, which I'm sure would make most people happy.

If this is the direction we're heading, them just lemme kno now, so I that I might find somewhere else to chop it up with battle fans that aren't racist or on kotd's nuts like that
but the two url battles that came out in the last week are on like 80 & 135 replies, one was a female battle (which never get shine) and one kinda sucked. people are obviously interested, especially reading the gattas/hustle thread, which has surprisingly little negativity at all tbh. i think your issue is with a very vocal minority rather than the forum as a whole
Rusty Shackleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 04:41 PM   #45
Nick H.
on her mind, in her mouth

Mentioned: 471 Post(s)
Nick H. is better than Grind Time AustraliaNick H. is better than Grind Time Australia
Send a message via AIM to Nick H.
Quote:
Yup, and I feel like it's kotd's fault for not staying in their own lane. They created the divide, and their supporters rallied behind it. It's not like URL was on here trying to one-up kotd. They always gave them their space and showed respect from what I can tell. They didnt copy anything kotd was doing or try and of try to crossover to their lane. It was a lot better when kotd just did what they did and didnt try to "copy the format." Since this is a kotd site, they're gonna benefit the most from the divide, but the cold part is, they still have the audacity to complain that not EVERYONE is on their nuts.
I don't get it.,
Old 08-06-2014, 05:23 PM   #46
6000GP
tupac back

6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
but the two url battles that came out in the last week are on like 80 & 135 replies, one was a female battle (which never get shine) and one kinda sucked. people are obviously interested, especially reading the gattas/hustle thread, which has surprisingly little negativity at all tbh. i think your issue is with a very vocal minority rather than the forum as a whole
LOL, I don't understand what URL has to do with kotd in the first place tho. Or why people can't just be happy with what kotd is without comparing it to URL. It's a different world.

But about the vocal minority, u could be right...

The thing is, the vocal minority from the opposing side actually gets accused of trolling, has their opinions challenged, their voices suppressed, or banned in some cases. That doesn't happen to people on the opposite side of that coin. It leads me to believe that most people cosign that kind of trolling, or better yet, agree with that "vocal minority"

Just my personal opinion tho. Do I need to add a pic to validate it?
Old 08-06-2014, 05:24 PM   #47
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
I've always viewed this site like dat dope ass bar in the hood u go to that people wasn't hip to

after a while, cats would hear about it and, all of the sudden, theres a bunch of assholes in the spot

it fucks wit u at first but most of them end havin to get stole on or slapped around a bit and most leave, some stay

some of the assholes you even learn to like, altho theyre still assholes

this cycle continues so long that the bar becomes "just good"

now you just habitually come as u always have but operate like "dis my shit" and somehow u no longer notice the assholes anymore
Neanderthol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 05:44 PM   #48
theTruth
voice of reason

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
theTruth is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdk View Post
Put it in subtitles or somethin
Subtitles for my subtitles..who you posed to be?

Quentin Tarantino?
theTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 05:45 PM   #49
Beaux Jangles
bojangles snappin!!!

Mentioned: 386 Post(s)
Beaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthol View Post
I've always viewed this site like dat dope ass bar in the hood u go to that people wasn't hip to

after a while, cats would hear about it and, all of the sudden, theres a bunch of assholes in the spot

it fucks wit u at first but most of them end havin to get stole on or slapped around a bit and most leave, some stay

some of the assholes you even learn to like, altho theyre still assholes

this cycle continues so long that the bar becomes "just good"

now you just habitually come as u always have but operate like "dis my shit" and somehow u no longer notice the assholes anymore
@Neanderthol applebeesin!!!
Beaux Jangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:08 PM   #50
Rusty Shackleford

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Rusty Shackleford is not the worst person
Quote:
LOL, I don't understand what URL has to do with kotd in the first place tho. Or why people can't just be happy with what kotd is without comparing it to URL. It's a different world.

The thing is, the vocal minority from the opposing side actually gets accused of trolling, has their opinions challenged, their voices suppressed, or banned in some cases. That doesn't happen to people on the opposite side of that coin. It leads me to believe that most people cosign that kind of trolling, or better yet, agree with that "vocal minority"

??? URL has directly to do with this:

Quote:
And Idk what this "URL>>" business is about. It's clear that this is KOTDBVA.com, and URL is a shit league that fell off after summer madness 2. The only next step is to not post ANY URL battles here, which I'm sure would make most people happy.

If this is the direction we're heading, them just lemme kno now, so I that I might find somewhere else to chop it up with battle fans that aren't racist or on kotd's nuts like that
that's what I was referring to, I don't give a fuck if people like kotd, gt, street status, a&b or w/e, but I just don't see the anti-URL thing at all. people like the battles, people are into luke's countdown & GSB's list which are basically all URL. people say URL fell off, but everyone was saying that about KOTD before BO4 was announced. people are fickle

& most people get called out for their bullshit at some point, like ekelon takes a lot of shit for his opinions, and this jamal richardson thing that people keep posting about, people are always ripping on mrmumbles etc. fuck knows what clarkekillingsouls thinks half the time but he's always banned.

tl;dr everyone on the board is a bit of an asshole sometimes i guess
Rusty Shackleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:12 PM   #51
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:

that's what I was referring to, I don't give a fuck if people like kotd, gt, street status, a&b or w/e, but I just don't see the anti-URL thing at all. people like the battles, people are into luke's countdown & GSB's list which are basically all URL. people say URL fell off, but everyone was saying that about KOTD before BO4 was announced. people are fickle

& most people get called out for their bullshit at some point, like ekelon takes a lot of shit for his opinions, and this jamal richardson thing that people keep posting about, people are always ripping on mrmumbles etc. fuck knows what clarkekillingsouls thinks half the time but he's always banned.

F'sho. U make some good points and ur not wrong
Old 08-06-2014, 06:15 PM   #52
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:

When have we banned someone for voicing pro URL opinions? I'm genuinely curious if people feel differently about bannings than I do (or if we, or just I, have made any mistakes).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:57 PM   #53
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
When have we banned someone for voicing pro URL opinions? I'm genuinely curious if people feel differently about bannings than I do (or if we, or just I, have made any mistakes).
Again, I don't get what URL has to do with this in the first place.

I'm talking about people such as the one quoted in my sig. Those are the people I consider the "opposite side of the coin" in terms of the so called "vocal minority"

People who've said unpopular things challenging the status quo, and go overboard to the point of spam are the ones who have gotten banned, i.e., JVL, GSB, etc...

Lush was the one who brought URL into the conversation, not me.

I was just saying that this board leans far, far more to the kotd side. This is not debatable. It's partly due to kotd's highly-functioning, omnipresent propaganda machine, and I just don't understand what the complaint is, or why the passive-agressive slick shit is necessary.

I don't see URL on here making sarcastic comments about kotd.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:57 PM   #54
My Kall

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
I just don't see the anti-URL thing at all. people like the battles, people are into luke's countdown & GSB's list which are basically all URL. people say URL fell off, but everyone was saying that about KOTD before BO4 was announced. people are fickle
That's because this site embraces a group of street battlers who we associate with URL, they don't embrace URL, and I'm not saying they have to either. But the fans are very contemptous when URL makes errors, whilst overlooking KOTD's inadaquacies. I don't even mind if people critique URL, but don't discriminate, at least be fair.

I actually think fans on RMBVA are excessively biased in favour of street battlers, like B-Magic, Daylyt, Clips, Hitman Holla by ranking them above better KOTD battlers like Real Deal, Pat Stay, Pass. I apologize to y'all if that seems polemical.
My Kall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:05 PM   #55
ekelon
Banned

Mentioned: 591 Post(s)
ekelon Three rounds of Loe Pesci chokesekelon Three rounds of Loe Pesci chokesekelon Three rounds of Loe Pesci chokes
Quote:

My opinions are always right...

That's why they hate.
ekelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:15 PM   #56
Franklin Drebin
Police Squad

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Franklin Drebin is better than Grind Time AustraliaFranklin Drebin is better than Grind Time Australia
As a man of the law I have little tolerance for vocal minorities.
I couldn't believe it was her. It was like a dream. But there she was, just as I remembered her. That delicately beautiful face. And a body that could melt a cheese sandwich from across the room. And breasts that seemed to say... "Hey! Look at these!" She was the kind of woman who made you want to drop to your knees and thank God you were a man! She reminded me of my mother, all right. No doubt about it.
Franklin Drebin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:19 PM   #57
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Again, I don't get what URL has to do with this in the first place.

I'm talking about people such as the one quoted in my sig. Those are the people I consider the "opposite side of the coin" in terms of the so called "vocal minority"

People who've said unpopular things challenging the status quo, and go overboard to the point of spam are the ones who have gotten banned, i.e., JVL, GSB, etc...

Lush was the one who brought URL into the conversation, not me.

I was just saying that this board leans far, far more to the kotd side. This is not debatable. It's partly due to kotd's highly-functioning, omnipresent propaganda machine, and I just don't understand what the complaint is, or why the passive-agressive slick shit is necessary.

I don't see URL on here making sarcastic comments about kotd.
Yeah, true. KOTD, for the longest time, was a distant second to URL, despite putting in a lot of work on these boards and responding to fans. They've definitely said some inappropriate things; I imagine it's just 'cause of being in second place for so long.

The board definitely fucks with KOTD more than URL at this point. I think it's down to the fact people here feel more of a personal attachment due to how much attention we get from KOTD here. Also, they have tried to fix complaints people have with match ups. Generally makes sense why people would be more invested. Hell, a lot of the battlers they've brought out to battle in Cali are because of people asking for them on here.

If people felt like that with URL, it'd probably be a different story. Mind you, KOTD should probably be only respectful to URL on here. Same with fans. The URL hate is real, imo. Some people are looking to see URL fail. Pretty weird.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote