Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Who's got the best chance of battling on url(again if at all)

Old 02-09-2016, 03:03 PM   #1
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Who's got the best chance of battling on url(again if at all)

Bigg k- don't wanna speculate because he'll bite my head off... But supposedly there's some sort of disagreement. His style most suits url

Illmac- I think anybody would tell you he's one of the most lyrically gifted mc's. In the right circumstance, he'd do very well.

Pass- delivery delivery and straight to the point....another supremely talented mc who hasn't graced the url stage... Does he have the bars to impress the url crowd?

Dizaster- his fight with math may hurt his chances but he has battled on url before vs Rex and arguably won

Who'd YOU like to see?

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 03:19 PM   #2
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Bigg K his only real beef is with norbes i think tbh you should have hoffa as an option although i wouldn't really wanna see him
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 03:29 PM   #3
VAallDAY

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
VAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Diz and Big K from the ones u listed are the only 2 I care to see on url
VAallDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 03:33 PM   #4
Casual

Mentioned: 452 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Bigg K will be back on I think.

Illmac did an AMA on reddit a couple weeks back and he said he will do one, probably in the next couple years.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 03:38 PM   #5
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
Bigg k- don't wanna speculate because he'll bite my head off... But supposedly there's some sort of disagreement. His style most suits url

Illmac- I think anybody would tell you he's one of the most lyrically gifted mc's. In the right circumstance, he'd do very well.

Pass- delivery delivery and straight to the point....another supremely talented mc who hasn't graced the url stage... Does he have the bars to impress the url crowd?

Dizaster- his fight with math may hurt his chances but he has battled on url before vs Rex and arguably won

Who'd YOU like to see?
Bigg K- The only one on your list who can hold the URL crowds attention. His image, structure, and punches are all top tier.

Illmaculate- No. His style doesn't translate. He'll get boo'ed.

Pass: All delivery. He doesn't punch very well, and he would most likely get boo'ed on the big stage. I'd need to see a PG first.

Dizaster: He's already failed once. His style is ONLY for KOTD and Grindtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 03:56 PM   #6
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
pass and illmac could do well on URL if they switch their styles up to fit the stage/crowd. they'd definitely do well in a one-off.

edit: actually, i don't think pass would have to change much. if hitman can become a fan favorite and not be known for being that much of a great lyricist, pass should be fine. it'd be interesting to see how the crowd would react to him, though. pass is pretty different from the URL regulars.

bigg k in URL >>>>>

diz, though? eh. he'd have to be in rare form to win over the smack crowd.

Last edited by peace; 02-09-2016 at 04:01 PM.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 04:16 PM   #7
Bawlin

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Bawlin is better than Grind Time AustraliaBawlin is better than Grind Time Australia
Pass would do damage on url
Old 02-09-2016, 04:21 PM   #8
VAallDAY

VAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceAintRight View Post
diz bodybagged swave in front of a bunch of nyc url fans.. and they all only came there to boo him and heckle him.. and by the end of the battle they loved him

that rex battle was just weird.. both were terrible and it was at like 1 AM at the very end of the night

if diz is on he can rock any crowd

Last edited by VAallDAY; 02-09-2016 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:42 PM   #9
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
bigg k probably the only one i could see on URL. Hope they do give Pass and Illmac chances tho
Shadowposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:16 PM   #10
ukallday
We FUCK THAT

Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
ukallday is better than Grind Time Australiaukallday is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAallDAY View Post
diz bodybagged swave in front of a bunch of nyc url fans.. and they all only came there to boo him and heckle him.. and by the end of the battle they loved him
How do you know that they were url fans, not saying you're wrong just wondering how you came to that conclusion.
ukallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:21 PM   #11
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Bigg K- The only one on your list who can hold the URL crowds attention. His image, structure, and punches are all top tier.

Illmaculate- No. His style doesn't translate. He'll get boo'ed.

Pass: All delivery. He doesn't punch very well, and he would most likely get boo'ed on the big stage. I'd need to see a PG first.

Agreed with all this
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:17 PM   #12
brodeezy

Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
i could see pass on url before any of the others.

bigg k had his time on it and it didnt work out. doubt either parties are that interested in making it happen again. K is too much of a crybaby anyway

diz was fuckin awful on url and will never be back

illmac would get eaten alive imo. not suited for that stage

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:51 PM   #13
The Kang
99percent resembleMadIllz

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
The Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Pass.Mac.And Diz would get booed hard.....Charron got the best chance to return there because they may book him vs Shine

Current Bottom 15 active battlers

1.Manik
2.Realistic
3.Lexx Luthor
4.Joe Cutter
5.Tycoon Tax
6.Tony D
7.Rum Nitty
8.Deadman
9.KG the Poet
10.Danny Myers
11.Bishop Brigante
12.Skelly
13.Bonnie Godiva
14.Ogmios
15.Pass
The Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:55 PM   #14
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
URL crowds are a lot more willing to give people chances than some are giving them credit for
Jack Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:36 PM   #15
diddy_dream

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
diddy_dream is not the worst person
Charron would have to get physically shot to beat Shine on URL.

As for the OP, Bigg K in a small room vs Tay Roc
diddy_dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:47 PM   #16
VAallDAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukallday View Post
How do you know that they were url fans, not saying you're wrong just wondering how you came to that conclusion.
u got plenty of URL rappers in the crowd and ppl who are affiliated with URL and NYC hip hop... its a room full of NYC street dudes.. who do u think attends URL events?
Old 02-09-2016, 09:51 PM   #17
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Pass makes the most sense. He has no issue with any member of the URL staff
His style will be successful in URL
He’s a West Coast Vet so it be good to have him on the east coast

Bigg K probably the easiest one to get on URL. But it need to be a good matchup for it to count

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:53 PM   #18
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

I swear yall paint the URL crowd as if the rapper aint doing a bunch of dumb slogans and gun so big lines the URL crowd won't fuck with you.

Old 02-09-2016, 10:29 PM   #19
6000GP
tupac back

6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Deuce View Post
URL crowds are a lot more willing to give people chances than some are giving them credit for
I think you're right, and I doubt that illmac or passwurdz would get booed, but I feel like they still might bore the crowd because they don't punch enough or have a lot of "bars", if u know what I mean.

Illmac takes way too long to build up his punchlines, and they're kinda corny when he gets there, more often than not. Plus he does a lot of "hibbity bibbity" shit on his way there. Passwurdz might bark on somebody, like he did with arsonal, and I could see it getting the crowd hype, but he also does the "hibbity bibbity" shit. I think his angles and lack of punchlines might turn a crowd off if he was on a big stage, too. I kinda see people reacting to him like they did with brizz rawsteen before his DNA battle (dude was good in that battle).
Old 02-09-2016, 10:44 PM   #20
ukallday
We FUCK THAT

ukallday is better than Grind Time Australiaukallday is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
u got plenty of URL rappers in the crowd and ppl who are affiliated with URL and NYC hip hop... its a room full of NYC street dudes.. who do u think attends URL events?
I don't know who attends URL events, I don't really know what the crowd was like at that GT event either so that's I found it abit odd to say it was a URL crowd just because they were abit hostile and in NYC.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:46 PM   #21
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
#HibbityBibbity replaces "Rappity Rap" from this day forward. Props to 6000 Grand Prix.

Quote:
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 11:16 PM   #22
Rapsin
Queensbridge Murderer

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Rapsin is not the worst person
Bigg K was talking to Norbes who trolls online, and Norbes was just trolling.

Pass, Diz, Illmac & Bigg K are all dope, but they can probably only have One-Off battles on URL.

Dizaster said he wouldn't ever take Hollow on URL, because that would be Hollow 3-0 due to crowd.

Bigg K should battle Tay Roc on URL, and I don't think him and Beasley have a problem.

Illmac, nah.

Pass, yeah maybe.
Rapsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 11:17 PM   #23
Rapsin
Queensbridge Murderer

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Rapsin is not the worst person
The only person I wanna see on URL at the moment is Qleen & Yung Ill atm.
Rapsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 11:36 PM   #24
Sky2real

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
Bigg k won't be on URL because they both feel the other party wronged them.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:41 PM   #25
My Kall

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
I don't watch enough URL to assess their fans sensebilities. And I certainly don't constitute their target audience. But I'm gonna ignorantly assume that Rone would be able to assimilate better to URL. I think his charisma is undeniable, he seems like the type of few guys who could get on with anyone from any and all dispositions. I bet a lot of Philadelphia fans attend URL events, more home-field than Abstrakt's suggestions.

Bigg K's an upgraded version of the standard proverbial PG journeyman. Bigg K benefits from the 'Eminem effect' more than anyone else though.

Illmaculate and Pass are rappers rappers, I really like both, and they certainly wouldn't be detestable but I'm sceptical a Smack festival would find their technical lexical orchestral spectacles acceptable.
My Kall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 01:07 AM   #26
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kall View Post
Bigg K benefits from the 'Eminem effect' more than anyone else though.
Lol, what? No he doesn't. One of the reasons people fuck with bigg k so much is because he DOESNT play up his whiteness. He just raps, I imagine, because he knows he dope without that gimmick.

If anything, it would be rone or real deal who have the "eminem effect" thing going for them.

Bigg k, Sno, Mike p, profecy, etc, are some of the white dudes that stayed away from that lame gimmick, and I personally respect them for it.
Old 02-10-2016, 01:27 AM   #27
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
#HibbityBibbity replaces "Rappity Rap" from this day forward. Props to 6000 Grand Prix.
"Rappity rap" thats the word I was searching for, but I spaced lol
Old 02-10-2016, 02:12 AM   #28
pugonomics
Shooter from the Hooter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
pugonomics is not the worst person
If Pass and Illmac could scheme about kitchen appliances or laundry detergent THEN they could do well on URL. Otherwise they ain't ready.
pugonomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 02:18 AM   #29
Sky2real

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Lol, what? No he doesn't. One of the reasons people fuck with bigg k so much is because he DOESNT play up his whiteness. He just raps, I imagine, because he knows he dope without that gimmick.

If anything, it would be rone or real deal who have the "eminem effect" thing going for them.

Bigg k, Sno, Mike p, profecy, etc, are some of the white dudes that stayed away from that lame gimmick, and I personally respect them for it.
Facts!!!
Old 02-10-2016, 02:50 AM   #30
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Quote:
I don't watch enough URL to assess their fans sensebilities. And I certainly don't constitute their target audience. But I'm gonna ignorantly assume that Rone would be able to assimilate better to URL. I think his charisma is undeniable, he seems like the type of few guys who could get on with anyone from any and all dispositions. I bet a lot of Philadelphia fans attend URL events, more home-field than Abstrakt's suggestions.

Bigg K's an upgraded version of the standard proverbial PG journeyman. Bigg K benefits from the 'Eminem effect' more than anyone else though.

Illmaculate and Pass are rappers rappers, I really like both, and they certainly wouldn't be detestable but I'm sceptical a Smack festival would find their technical lexical orchestral spectacles acceptable.
lol great break down

Pass got more bars that URL will like he talks some Oakland street shit here and there and would probably bring more of it for a URL battle

Uno Lavos taught me that as long as you are entertaining the URL crowd will accept you. They are not as picky as people pretend they are

Old 02-10-2016, 02:58 AM   #31
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
ilmac would need a small room to ever battle on smack actually think they would fuck with fresco though
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 06:25 AM   #32
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
I just caught this
Old 02-10-2016, 08:44 AM   #33
VAallDAY

Quote:
I don't know who attends URL events, I don't really know what the crowd was like at that GT event either so that's I found it abit odd to say it was a URL crowd just because they were abit hostile and in NYC.
I mean its fair to assume ppl who go to a battle rap event in NYC with math, cortez, hollow, DNA , swave, pen, cormega, sara kana, moneybagz etc are the same ppl who will also go to URL events right??

They're obv fans of battle rap and are there watching street battlerappers
Old 02-10-2016, 01:24 PM   #34
Tyren

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tyren is not the worst person
Fuck the list ill make my own of who need to go to/comeback
-day
-math
-arsonal
-diz
-shotty
-bigg k
-qleen
-pass
-fresco
Honestly url should really push for a url west.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Tyren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 02:49 PM   #35
ukallday
We FUCK THAT

Quote:
I mean its fair to assume ppl who go to a battle rap event in NYC with math, cortez, hollow, DNA , swave, pen, cormega, sara kana, moneybagz etc are the same ppl who will also go to URL events right??

They're obv fans of battle rap and are there watching street battlerappers
I guess my main point would be that if you look at the card this was very clearly a GT event, alot of the people you named did not battle at that event. If you look at the matchups on the card how many would fit on URL, 2 at most. So I think it's fairer to just say its a GT crowd.
Old 02-10-2016, 02:52 PM   #36
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
I guess my main point would be that if you look at the card this was very clearly a GT event, alot of the people you named did not battle at that event. If you look at the matchups on the card how many would fit on URL, 2 at most. So I think it's fairer to just say its a GT crowd.
I think it's fair to say that, too. Like, a DF crowd is different from the battle of the brave crowd despite the fact that they both had events in London, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:13 PM   #37
knuklo

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
knuklo is not the worst person
Lol @ the idea of Illmac or Pass needing a PG. URL would try to book Illmac vs Steams and Pass vs The Saga.
knuklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 04:17 PM   #38
VAallDAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyren View Post
Fuck the list ill make my own of who need to go to/comeback
-day
-math
-arsonal
-diz
-shotty
-bigg k
-qleen
-pass
-fresco
Honestly url should really push for a url west.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
yea all those guys...

pat stay too just so he can get exposed
Old 02-10-2016, 04:28 PM   #39
ca9rl

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
ca9rl is not the worst person
lol do you guys realise that when people like rone, real deal, soul khan, diz, charron, uno lavoz and bigg k have all performed for URL crowds that the crowd has lapped it up every. single. time?

it's kind of hard to predict who'll get back on because the fact is it has had nothing to do with how the crowd treated them. the crowd loves all those guys.
ca9rl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 04:37 PM   #40
MM3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
MM3 is not the worst person
I can't understand all the love Pass gets here. He's ass to me and always has been. He can rap yes but he don't say shit
MM3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hibbitybibbity