Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Notes from #Bars by Ryan O'Leary

Old 12-25-2018, 04:19 AM   #41
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
irvsykeg is not the worst person
because diz was already popular and known before greg and pete battled in GT. the chronology is obv confusing given that others aren't sure if u mean GT or spin the mic. either way, the way the author wrote it doesn't reflect reality lol

i haven't and won't read a book on battle rap LOL esp from soneone who aparently knows less than me about the time periods id care about so i have no clue if ur transcribing it wrong on accident or if the authr is just wrong. i dont care either way, just pointing out its just some bowshiet that pete and greg were top dogs who killed each other and diz was the phoenix rising from the ashes lol

its cool of u to transcribe tho keep up the good work, KEEP BANGIN

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 07:53 PM   #42
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
The bible says, I mean the book says that Diz lost in the WRC's. Merry Christmas
Profess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 12:42 AM   #43
irvsykeg

idk what ur point is with that, but word, merry dizmas.

my quote looks boss in ur sig, thx dog, keep bangin

i know ur just havin a giggle m8, but on the rill, i am a pretty solid source of knowledge for shit during that time period. i was at both spin the mic and the botb with diz vs ganik and greg vs pete. shit son, i was referenced in both of those battles actually. and u can even see me doing really retarded motions in the outside battles in the spin the mic footage NO FOOLIN

i could even tell u the REAL story of bartone fight. but im savin that for my own battle book called BART ONE: a punchers chance.

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)

Last edited by irvsykeg; 12-26-2018 at 12:47 AM.
Old 12-26-2018, 12:51 AM   #44
irvsykeg

thats cool u were at spin the mic too. maybe we talked to one another and i made fun of ur battle rap knowledge IRL. and maybe u said somethin like "hey bud, one day im gonna transcribe a battle rap book on battle forums. YOU'LL SEE!!" welll if that's the case, i must *profess* that you showed me. kudos, sir

Old 12-26-2018, 03:28 AM   #45
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post
thats cool u were at spin the mic too. maybe we talked to one another and i made fun of ur battle rap knowledge IRL. and maybe u said somethin like "hey bud, one day im gonna transcribe a battle rap book on battle forums. YOU'LL SEE!!" welll if that's the case, i must *profess* that you showed me. kudos, sir
I like the transcribed a Battle Rap book angle. But it might hit harder if it wasn't coming from the guy leaving an 80 page critique from an Erik Forman Battle

Old 12-27-2018, 09:12 AM   #46
irvsykeg

there was no attempt at a hard hit bruv, i wasn't making fun of you for transcribing the book. as i said earlier, "its cool of u to transcribe tho keep up the good work, KEEP BANGIN" i'm sure there could be some nuggets in there idk about or maybe find interesting.

writing battle bahz is something i'm good at and i've actually helped a lot of battlers get better at it belieb it or not. i wasn't critiquing the foreman battle, more so running wild on how to write shit better (at least imo) as that's somewhat of an interest of mine

i could likely critique every foreman battle with the same brevity: lot of meh lines/setups, a few really good punches, very bad delivery. i took an adderall and became hyper focused on writing and explained my thought process and threw together an example. maybe it'll make up for the 27537959 times i've just said someone's writing is dog shit?

plus that quick verse i penned up on his scheme was hot

black smith and wesson, family name that'll get y'all killed/ nah, blacksmith profession, hammers bang when i grip hot steel

mmmmmmm

Last edited by irvsykeg; 12-27-2018 at 09:14 AM.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:24 AM   #47
irvsykeg

despite my comments itt, i think you're providing solid content to this dying board. the spin the mic shit was a joke, bruv.

also my apparent manifesto in the foreman thread is super solid content to anybody who tries writing battle shit. re-reading it and there's hella solid stuff in there, wth solid examples, that tons of ppl could use to improve their writing. if you can't see that YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM

Old 12-27-2018, 01:44 PM   #48
Water Mage

Water Mage is not the worst person
Quote:
"It's said that when Illmac and The Saurus battled each other they exploded each other, and Diz is what found his way out of the wreckage. Diz battled The Saurus in a close battle they he edged. Shooting his into stardom"

LOL no

everyone agreed diz jerked thesaurus, that ol cock swallowing novelist

no idea what you mean by they exploded one another. are u talkin about spin the mic? all 3 dudes continued a rise in popularity after everything mentioned here. diz the most.

lol @ exploded eachother… The saurus battle was good for Diz and

1. you're right, a lot of ppl felt he jerked the saurus
2. and yet, a lot of people were really dazzled by Diz's machine gun multis and seemed to be too high to care how weird it was. I think it was one of those things that ppl thought was stupid and cool at the same time.. Kinda like a bad movie that's awesome to watch high.. So in that sense, Diz started riding a wave around that time.. Which was a big deal compared to what Diz was going thru prior...

History is a multi faceted thing.... there are events and different perceptions / responses of events that simultaneously happen. But that's my problem with a history book like this that is only 300ish pages, tries to encapsulate ALL of battle rap history.... When ur space is that limited, u have to oversimplify and omit and no summary is gonna sound right to people who were there and saw all of the layers to everything.

Irvsykeg ---- U should write a memoir about battle rap from ur point of view.. That would be a much better book... ONE insider's story about what they personally witnessed on the scene thru the earlier years... Would be much better than an attempt at an objective history book

Last edited by Water Mage; 12-27-2018 at 01:49 PM.
Water Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 02:26 PM   #49
ThaDiz
A bump bump bump

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ThaDiz is not the worst person
Fucking DIED laughing at the opinions this kid holds of HIMSELF. "One the real I'm a solid source of information" cracked me. I know I'ma get 6 quoted posts explaining how smart and right he is and that I'm wrong but this shit ia fucking hilarious. Happy holidays everybody ����
ThaDiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 03:16 PM   #50
irvsykeg

yeah "i am solid source of information" is an insanely high opinion to hold of oneself. i was around and active in a specific time period of battle rap. thus, i would know a bunch of random shit. dude acting like i said im a rhodes scholar or some shit LOL

Old 12-28-2018, 06:16 AM   #51
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
despite my comments itt, i think you're providing solid content to this dying board. the spin the mic shit was a joke, bruv.

also my apparent manifesto in the foreman thread is super solid content to anybody who tries writing battle shit. re-reading it and there's hella solid stuff in there, wth solid examples, that tons of ppl could use to improve their writing. if you can't see that YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM
We're good. You're not from France, are you? I remember talking to a French dude for a few mins there. He had an encyclopedic knowledge of hip-hop.
Old 12-28-2018, 07:10 AM   #52
irvsykeg

wtf u have to be kidding me LOL yes, i'm from france and i'm very sure that was me. pretty sure we got to talking when you asked if i watched battles and i nodded and said, "oui" and then you said, "oh, so you're hard hitting, huh? then riddle me this, who won vs eyedea vs eminem?" i responded but my voice was muffled due to interference from the large baguette sticking out of my paper bag. but i said, "Je n'apprécie pas votre ruse" and stormed off. i could hear you laughing as you said, "sorry pierre, but your encyclopedic knowledge of hip-hop pales in comparison to my transcribed e-book knowledge. au revoir, frenchy!"

nah that wasn't me actually BUT COULD YOU IMAGINE

Old 12-28-2018, 04:41 PM   #53
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Mentioned: 388 Post(s)
mapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
no i don't plan on reading some dork's summary of events i was present for a decade ago in a hobby i no longer care about
it seems like you missed this point, but the "dork" (ryan who is a cool guy) who wrote it doesn't really summarize as much as he's just literally using the words of the people he interviewed to let them tell the story. theres not much in the form of editorializing. so profess is doing the summarizing if anything. if there's anything that he says that you're vehemently disagreeing with, theres a high chance it comes from someone else in the scene who was around at the time.

Last edited by mapleleaf; 12-28-2018 at 04:48 PM.
mapleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 06:33 PM   #54
irvsykeg

well yeah, i didn't see much to indicate it's literally just quotes ITT, and profess saying, "it's said that..." seems to attribute things to the book (author) and not a battler. my b, yo, my b.

whoever said it, i disagree so unconcerned with who. but yes, i incorrectly assumed the book included the author's summary as well as quotes, which is what i thought profess was summarizing.

profess, any clue who was telling the story about illmac and pete exploding one another? it'd be dope to include that if ur still summarizing shit. altho i dont wanna spoil the whole book, im sure dude put work into it so i ain't hatin if he makes a lil cheez

Old 12-28-2018, 06:35 PM   #55
irvsykeg

qr codes to go to battles is a dope touch, u feel like taking a pic of a page or 2 for da quality?

Old 12-28-2018, 06:49 PM   #56
irvsykeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
When he says that illmac and the Saurus exploded each other, he is saying that those were the top two guys.
makes it seem like he's referencing the author's words nahmean, ez mistake for me

Quote:
I haven't watched Diz vs Saurus in years. IDK if it was judged. But it seems like you have a strong opinion on that one. Feel free to go into more detail.
neither have i. many folks thought it was a jerking. from what i remember, pete was not amazing, but consistent, and diz had lots of intensity that won the crowd over in person. but he had a bunch of shitty multis that made no sense and wowwed dumb judges. plus diz got fouls or some shit and blanked out in a round and somehow still won.

diz is hilarious tho i like that guy

Old 12-28-2018, 06:56 PM   #57
irvsykeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
lol @ exploded eachother… The saurus battle was good for Diz and

1. you're right, a lot of ppl felt he jerked the saurus
2. and yet, a lot of people were really dazzled by Diz's machine gun multis and seemed to be too high to care how weird it was. I think it was one of those things that ppl thought was stupid and cool at the same time.. Kinda like a bad movie that's awesome to watch high.. So in that sense, Diz started riding a wave around that time.. Which was a big deal compared to what Diz was going thru prior...

History is a multi faceted thing.... there are events and different perceptions / responses of events that simultaneously happen. But that's my problem with a history book like this that is only 300ish pages, tries to encapsulate ALL of battle rap history.... When ur space is that limited, u have to oversimplify and omit and no summary is gonna sound right to people who were there and saw all of the layers to everything.

Irvsykeg ---- U should write a memoir about battle rap from ur point of view.. That would be a much better book... ONE insider's story about what they personally witnessed on the scene thru the earlier years... Would be much better than an attempt at an objective history book
good summary of diz and pete. also damn, it's 300+ pages? that seems pretty sizeable. how much is content vs pictures? are there hard copies available?

i cant think of something sillier than me writing a memoir about battle rap LOL u can just go through my 37,375 posts on rm where 80% of them are "this person is terrible" and "90% of battles suck now"

i wouldn't say i was an insider either. there was a time period where i went to a bunch of big/pivotal events tho. i should do an ama to like 7 people and tell yall bout how i spun chedda cheese around on my shoulders at scribble. mapleleaf has some funny stories and was around for lot back then too.

if i wrote abook it would be dissecting everyones writing styles and tellin ppl they suck

Old 12-29-2018, 12:13 AM   #58
Profess
Smooth Criminal

@mapleleaf reiterates an important point which is mentioned a couple times on page one of this thread and in the OP. That is that the book is an oral history. Essentially, meaning the book is all quotes. So @irvsykeg saying I was summarizing Ryan’s collection of quotes is more accurate than saying I was directly quoting him in my musings. The book opens with a list of 100+ figures in the battle rap community, and a small bio for each iirc. I was more familiar with some of the names than others, and some of the contributors I learned about through the book.

I don’t recall who the quotes from the Pete/ Diz battle were from. And I’m not going to post pics of the QR tags. Maybe you can find that service on otbva lol

Yes, there is a hardcover version of the book available. It can be purchased on Amazon or at this site. https://www.battlerapbook.com/

<side note> the interview between DME and Ryan linked in the OP discussed what is would have taken to make this an audiobook. With the contributors reading their parts.

I stopped posting notes on the book when the timeline started getting pretty close to the present. While the newer part is solid as well. I just wasn't as inspired to discuss that.

I hate to say this because I don't want it taken the wrong way because for me the book was 10/10. (I was genuinely happy to read a 200+pg turner. ) I did catch 2 small typos. That I imagine won't be there if there is a second run of this book. So the debate about if Diz was really a star before battling the Saurus could be addressed in an update. I wouldn’t have minded seeing some coverage being given to bloggers, forum sites, and facebook groups.

Side note, in both the DME interview mentioned above and in a discussion in the Nutdog Discord. Another battle rap book was brought up. That one by @gregrieke20
Who has posted on rmbva. Well, that was never made into a book. But the discussion we were having was that it would make a good coffee table book.

Here is a link where Greg addresses that

http://rmbva.com/showthread.php?t=1216

And here is s link of his illustrations

https://coadgame.wordpress.com/2010/...ork-from-book/

Another good illustrator that has posted on rmbva too @RonRon da Dong I don’t have links to his stuff at the moment. But I think he was doing his thing during Laura Tarsi’s era.

Last edited by Profess; 12-29-2018 at 12:23 AM.
Old 12-29-2018, 12:28 AM   #59
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:

^^^that- except that it would be much better. That is debatable. I imagine it would certainly could be interesting
@irvsykeg

Last edited by Profess; 12-29-2018 at 12:32 AM.
Old 12-29-2018, 12:53 AM   #60
vokab206
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
vokab206 is not the worst person
Not sure I'd say Phillip Drummond is the architect of the west coast. He was a key contributor but it wasn't just one person that makes the west coast great. It's a collection of people and I think Lush One is the guy who would be the CEO. Then you would have others who played key parts.

soundcloud.com/vokab206
https://vokab206.bandcamp.com/releases
vokab206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 01:09 AM   #61
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokab206 View Post
Not sure I'd say Phillip Drummond is the architect of the west coast. He was a key contributor but it wasn't just one person that makes the west coast great. It's a collection of people and I think Lush One is the guy who would be the CEO. Then you would have others who played key parts.
I agree that Lush reigned as the CEO of the west coast. Especially since 2008 when he planted the GT flag in CA. And then spearheaded classic events like Battle of the Bay 5. Maybe someone else will pinpoint an exact date for when he passed the baton. But I'll speculate that @AVOCADO has been the top West Coast figure since at least the Bunker.

Thanks, "key figure" is a better term for PF. But had I not said, architect then I might not have seen that video you mentioned where I say him freestyling in the early 2000's.
Old 12-29-2018, 01:58 AM   #62
Profess
Smooth Criminal

@iamHBY what was it like being interviewed for this book?
Old 12-29-2018, 02:54 AM   #63
iamHBY

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
@iamHBY what was it like being interviewed for this book?
It was pretty cool. Knocked out the interview rather quickly, Ryan had some good questions and I tried to explain to the best of my ability what I'd witnessed both in the more contemporary era of battle rap in person, and also as a fan watching on YouTube.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 03:22 AM   #64
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
It was pretty cool. Knocked out the interview rather quickly, Ryan had some good questions and I tried to explain to the best of my ability what I'd witnessed both in the more contemporary era of battle rap in person, and also as a fan watching on YouTube.
Thanks, I can't remember what questions you answered off the top, or rather what your replies were.

There been some interest in this thread as to who said what.

I just took it as a collective work with a good narrator.

Would you agree that a book like this should include more research methods. I partly ask because Ryan stated in the DME interview that a goal of his would be having this be a textbook in Harvard ever offers a course on Battle Rap.

Can history be a science.. idk
Old 12-29-2018, 06:32 AM   #65
irvsykeg

wasn't asking for pics of qr codes bro, i know how to search for battles on YT. was asking for pics of the pages when i earlier thought they had pictures in em.

cmon dog, u cant go back to diz vs pete section and see which rappers quote it is?

Last edited by irvsykeg; 12-29-2018 at 07:35 AM.
Old 12-29-2018, 07:54 AM   #66
Profess
Smooth Criminal

@irvsykeg Hollow, Diz, Aspect-1, Okwerdz, Chaz Kangas, Erik Foreman, and Phranchyze. Are the first few people that are quoted when the story shifts focus to Diz's rise to stardom.

Don't ask me to get more specific than that. Because I think you should buy the book.
Old 12-29-2018, 07:40 PM   #67
Water Mage

Quote:
wasn't asking for pics of qr codes bro, i know how to search for battles on YT. was asking for pics of the pages when i earlier thought they had pictures in em.

cmon dog, u cant go back to diz vs pete section and see which rappers quote it is?
Just my two cents but iirc Diz's performance was hyped by many at the time while others hated it... SOme couldn't get past cock swallowing novelist and others were delightfully overwhelmed by Diz's over the top pressure packed machine gun delivery of multis... Remember this was a time and a place where many people simply wanted to be high and get blown away by a larger than life performance and presence.... Whether they laughed with the batler or at him didn't matter.. as long as people were having fun and laughing that worked in the battlers favor... That wasn't everyone's cup of tea but many were gulping down the tea as fast as people like Diz could pour it

So it's not revisionist history or hyperbole to describe Diz's rise as meteoric.. In that sense it was...SO there was a mix of naysayers and true believers of Diz.. doesn't change the fact that Diz's rise had begun-- Whether deserved or not is irrelevant...... and no amount of nitpicking or quibbling could change that then and will not change that now

historical events have multiple layers to them... It sounds like this book has too wide a scope and too few pages ... Omissions of the various receptions to key performances is going to happen.. no?

Last edited by Water Mage; 12-29-2018 at 07:43 PM.
Old 12-29-2018, 08:12 PM   #68
Water Mage

Quote:
good summary of diz and pete. also damn, it's 300+ pages? that seems pretty sizeable. how much is content vs pictures? are there hard copies available?

i cant think of something sillier than me writing a memoir about battle rap o.

if i wrote abook it would be dissecting everyones writing styles and tellin ppl they suck
lol but see.. a memoir would be more amazing because we've heard all of these criticisms of people's styles before...

So you're not an insider insider but still an insider compared to most fans and you have a good memory.. there's way too much battle lore that will be lost forever if ppl like you don't write about it

and 300 pages isn't much cconsidering the book is pretty large in scope... includes all of the diff battle leagues

Last edited by Water Mage; 12-29-2018 at 08:15 PM.
Old 12-29-2018, 08:15 PM   #69
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 424 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
this threads a lot to take in its like the old rm

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 10:23 PM   #70
irvsykeg

Quote:
@irvsykeg Hollow, Diz, Aspect-1, Okwerdz, Chaz Kangas, Erik Foreman, and Phranchyze. Are the first few people that are quoted when the story shifts focus to Diz's rise to stardom.

Don't ask me to get more specific than that. Because I think you should buy the book.
thank god foreman and chaz kangas were quoted. i was going to cop it, but hearing there's 2 typos in it swayed me back to tire kicker

Quote:
Just my two cents but iirc Diz's performance was hyped by many at the time while others hated it... SOme couldn't get past cock swallowing novelist and others were delightfully overwhelmed by Diz's over the top pressure packed machine gun delivery of multis... Remember this was a time and a place where many people simply wanted to be high and get blown away by a larger than life performance and presence.... Whether they laughed with the batler or at him didn't matter.. as long as people were having fun and laughing that worked in the battlers favor... That wasn't everyone's cup of tea but many were gulping down the tea as fast as people like Diz could pour it

So it's not revisionist history or hyperbole to describe Diz's rise as meteoric.. In that sense it was...SO there was a mix of naysayers and true believers of Diz.. doesn't change the fact that Diz's rise had begun-- Whether deserved or not is irrelevant...... and no amount of nitpicking or quibbling could change that then and will not change that now

historical events have multiple layers to them... It sounds like this book has too wide a scope and too few pages ... Omissions of the various receptions to key performances is going to happen.. no?
its revisionist history to say diz rise was catalyzed by greg and pete's battle and even more silly to add on that its cuz they "exploded" one another or w/e. nobody debating diz had a huge rise. never mentioned that, just that he was already popular at the time of greg/pete

Quote:
there's way too much battle lore that will be lost forever if ppl like you don't write about it
this is my gift to yall. THE GOOD BATTLE MEMORIES DIE WITH ME. only lore ill file in my public memoirs is i wrote dlores gladiator scheme (minus the terrible multis he added) and his eat your ancestors alive shit among others, fuck him

Last edited by irvsykeg; 12-29-2018 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-29-2018, 10:27 PM   #71
irvsykeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyProehl View Post
this threads a lot to take in its like the old rm
the board was fun when 90% of battle rap discourse was consolidated there. the times, they are a changin

i hope they interviewed chaz kangas a bunch for the new york shit actually, he does know a lot about that side of tings.

Old 12-29-2018, 10:30 PM   #72
irvsykeg

speaking of old RM and battle lore being lost, when those dildos bought the site and ruined it, they also changed the URL structure without properly forwarding the old to new, so google has been rapidly deindexing all of the old 404'd pages with no way to index the new. the search function on the site is also broken. so its basically impossible to find any old threads anymore, which legit sucks

i was tryin to find yall my scribble jam 05 recap which was pretty epic and had lots of lil funny tings

if anybody out there is a coder or knows python and r or something, yall should scrape the emceebattles forum and archive the shit before they take the entire site down. figure its only a matter of time before they sell the domaijn to someone else since the traffic is at 0

my body of work, gone

Old 12-29-2018, 10:38 PM   #73
irvsykeg

lol wow there's only 23k forum threads indexed across the entire rm forum. i had more posts than that myself. i should email these bozos and offer to setup proper forwarding and submit a new sitemap or something. legit mind boggling a company has the capital to buy a site like that and zero knowledge of anything else required. isn't very difficult either.

sorry for thread derail. back to #bars discussion.

Old 12-30-2018, 06:11 AM   #74
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
lol wow there's only 23k forum threads indexed across the entire rm forum. i had more posts than that myself. i should email these bozos and offer to setup proper forwarding and submit a new sitemap or something. legit mind boggling a company has the capital to buy a site like that and zero knowledge of anything else required. isn't very difficult either.

sorry for thread derail. back to #bars discussion.
Or you could just buy the site then fix it as you see fit without having to write a kiss ass letter

Old 12-30-2018, 06:48 AM   #75
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1474 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
I'm pretty sure one of the OTBVA guys who had mod power on RM moved tons of threads into one consolidated thread to fuck with people
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 11:09 PM   #76
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 347 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
got the #BARS book for xmas. Its so fire. I cant put it down

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch

"im nice with a gun, my bitch do black magic, what you want a bullet or some wizard shit?!" -Swamp
PJ Sumroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 01:03 AM   #77
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Sumroc View Post
got the #BARS book for xmas. Its so fire. I cant put it down
I'm curious about how you interpret the rise of diz section. You might have seen there was some blowback when I summarized someone (i forget who) saying that The Saurus and Illmac battling each other (exploding each other) opened a lane for Diz to be the star he is today.
Old 12-31-2018, 01:08 AM   #78
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
lol but see.. a memoir would be more amazing because we've heard all of these criticisms of people's styles before...

So you're not an insider insider but still an insider compared to most fans and you have a good memory.. there's way too much battle lore that will be lost forever if ppl like you don't write about it

and 300 pages isn't much cconsidering the book is pretty large in scope... includes all of the diff battle leagues
@irvsykeg

He has mentioned writing for D-Lor on a few occasions .. it might be interesting to hear the context being that.
Old 12-31-2018, 01:47 AM   #79
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Call me greedy but I want an entire 400+ page book just on the topic of the Fresh coast and or freestyle era.. I am interested in this book but I am just worried it won't go into enough detail since my interest in battle history is kinda narrow
The book winds down a bit after talking about Math v Rex. Would you agree that is the battle that started the current era?
Old 12-31-2018, 01:49 AM   #80
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf View Post
I had always heard that justice bought the footage from Phillip Drummond. At that time, he had a much more extensive collection of footage than you could find online.
So if I'm assuming that PD helped The Saurus make his name. Could his selling footage to Justice ever have seemed disloyal to Pete? If you were going to speculate

Tags
55357, 56856, 8217, 8230, bars, salute