Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
did norbes ever address the fact that his entire rant was false?

Old 02-11-2014, 06:46 PM   #1
Gggyea

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Gggyea is not the worst person
did norbes ever address the fact that his entire rant was false?

for like 40 mins of that BRA show he was being a corny asshole n dickridin hollow saying how huey newton died of an overdose. since he wouldnt shut the fuck up abot it i checked it out since he was SO CONVINCED of it. well it seems.....

Huey Newton Killed; Was a Co-Founder Of Black Panthers
By The Associated Press
Published: August 23, 1989
EMAIL
PRINT
Huey P. Newton, a co-founder of the Black Panther Party and a leader of a generation of blacks in the 1960's, was shot to death early today in the neighborhood where he began his organizing.

His body was found lying in a pool of blood on a street in an Oakland neighborhood where residents say they fear they are losing the fight against drug dealing and poverty.

Dr. Newton, who earned a Ph.D. in social philosophy from the University of California at Santa Cruz in 1980, was shot several times, at least once in the head, said Officer Terry Foley of the Oakland Police Department.

The shooting was reported to the police at 5:29 A.M. The 47-year-old Dr. Newton was taken to Highland Hospital, where he was pronounced dead less than an hour later.

did he ever say anything about being wrong and for just being an overall douchebag?

@40ozjessie
what u think of this?
Gggyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:48 PM   #2
RFP
Chill Out

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
RFP is a PY Poster
idk, fill me in
RFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:58 PM   #3
Gggyea

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFP View Post
idk, fill me in
lmfao fill u in on what? i was asking if anyone heard him retract it yet or if he just played it off. did anyone press him on twitter about it?

im lookin for info too my brother.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:02 PM   #4
JustJ123

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Yes he did, someone phoned in and corrected him and he admitted it multiple times after that and even went on about how "Fast people get on me" when he's wrong.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:03 PM   #5
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Mentioned: 637 Post(s)
King Fly is not the worst person
he got shot coming out of a known crack house, i think thats where Norbes got it confused, but i do think he corrected himself
King Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:03 PM   #6
JustJ123

JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
That whole fucking rant of his was stupid though even wtihout that.

Why does it matter if Huey used drugs? It got him killed. A stand up black man who could contribute and help his race was taken from the world because of his problems with drugs.

Going on about that doesn't take away from Lux, Norbes is an idiot.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:04 PM   #7
JustJ123

I think the theory some people have is that he wasn't a user though, he was on his Omar from The Wire shit and he robbed drug dealers? I dunno I heard something about that once before, not quite sure what to think.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:06 PM   #8
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Mentioned: 637 Post(s)
King Fly is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJ123 View Post
I think the theory some people have is that he wasn't a user though, he was on his Omar from The Wire shit and he robbed drug dealers? I dunno I heard something about that once before, not quite sure what to think.
yeah there are a bunch of rumors/theories as to why he was at the place he was, guess only he knows the real reason and he cant tell us
King Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:10 PM   #9
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

Mentioned: 371 Post(s)
uuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarctica
yo ...... please understand a lot of ppl not even fucking with the battle rap arena cuz its so dry ; so there will be a lot of ppl not knowing whats going on here (me )

WHAT rant ?? why is he talking about huey newton ?? what does that have to do with the hollow battle ??????

btw i believe that norbes was being a douche bag and got information wrong ; he does that consistently and he IS a dickhead
Old 02-11-2014, 07:20 PM   #10
JustJ123

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
yo ...... please understand a lot of ppl not even fucking with the battle rap arena cuz its so dry ; so there will be a lot of ppl not knowing whats going on here (me )

WHAT rant ?? why is he talking about huey newton ?? what does that have to do with the hollow battle ??????

btw i believe that norbes was being a douche bag and got information wrong ; he does that consistently and he IS a dickhead
You know the "Stand up niggas don't lean" line?

NOrbes is saying its shit because Huey P Newton(Leader of BLack Panthers for those who don't know) was a drug user. And kept going on about how he died of an OD.

And saying that clearly Lux considers Huey a stand up nigga since he came out there doing a whole black panthers routine.

Which according to Norbes ruins the entire angle Lux had about Hollow using drugs.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:22 PM   #11
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
what about Norbes makes you think he is up on his Black History?

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Ass Napkin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:25 PM   #12
Mark Doubt

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Mark Doubt is not the worst person
huey had fell into using drugs heavy, and got shot comin out of a drug house. it's been rumored that he had robbed some local drug dealers and that he was shot because of that. but yeah i feel what where norbes was coming from, but he was wrong about the OD part.
Mark Doubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:26 PM   #13
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

uuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarctica
well if huey was an actual drug user what does that change at the end of the day ?

yea he fucked up the OD part but the guy was a drug user so that kinda changes luxs whole angle
Old 02-11-2014, 07:27 PM   #14
rocky
Contributor

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
rocky is not the worst person
i would never use anything ever said by anyone on a rap show to be a legit source on historical information, unless its rap history of course, and even then its all opinion-sharing. I wouldn't even waste time fact-checking these guys unless u genuinely believe them to be a reputable source of information on the subject matter, which i'm sure most folks don't.

Carter Deems>>>>>>
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:32 PM   #15
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

i agree @rocky , norbes is an idiot and he is the reason why battle rap arena sucks ^
Old 02-11-2014, 07:39 PM   #16
NatGeografik

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
NatGeografik is not the worst person
The Hollow fans are really gettin' anxious, are you guys really that scared that your opinion was wrong? Didn't you guys learn from (ironically) Tsu Surf vs Hollow?

Lux is ownin' y'all and it's hilarious to watch
NatGeografik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:40 PM   #17
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

lux put on a classic debatable with the goat ^ nobody is mad
Old 02-11-2014, 07:40 PM   #18
Gggyea

aight thanks guys...i didnt know that he had already addressed it. hes still a jerkoff anyway.

and ux9 norbes went in on jesse saying luxs ENTIRE anti drug stnace meant nothing at all because he was dressed like HPN...like literally everything jesse would say he would ct him off and say "BUT HE DIED OF A OVAHDOSE DOE" he musta said the shit like 100 times. it was pissing me off so fucking bad even before i knew he was beating his chest with false information. if i were black and knew that he actually got shot i think i woulda drove to BRA studios<aka jesses grammas basement> and stabbed norbes with one of tay rocks bitches needles. givem aids n errythang.

but yea thanks fellas for clearing that up

OH AND FOR THE RECORD ITS ALWAYS

BATTLE ADDICT>>>>>>>>>>>>BATTLE RAP ARENA
Old 02-11-2014, 07:42 PM   #19
NatGeografik

Quote:
lux put on a classic debatable with the goat ^ nobody is mad
LOL alright calm down bro

I bet this guy would try to rake my eyes if I was in front of him right now
Old 02-11-2014, 07:46 PM   #20
Gggyea

man when is this whole childish "HE MAD AS HELL" shit gonna end...since when if u disagree with an obvious troll post does that make you "MAD"? noone is mad about anything except ur childish way of making urself think ur winning a debate.

this is the only battle in the history of battles that people have said "NAH YO U JUST GOTTA WATCH THE SHIT 100times LIKE ME AND YOULL KNOW LUX WON" every other battle is watched judged and the winner is based off FIRST reactions...now that lux got washed and its crushing to these little lux fanboys u cant trust what u saw the first time u have to do a college thesis and make a diagram of pros n cons for the bars said.

sounds like the lux fans are the "MAD" ones. not angry...mad as in crazy. cause ur blatent dickriding of another man is purely INSANE
Old 02-11-2014, 07:46 PM   #21
J.V.L.
Banned

Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
J.V.L. is not the worst person
He was "allegedly" killed by the police. See how to use that word Shitfly?
J.V.L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:49 PM   #22
Gggyea

lmfao people will say anything when one of their heros get killed...
HE WASNT REALLY A DRUG USER HE WAS ROBBING THE HOUSES TO CLEAN P THE STREETS
HE DIDNT GET SHOT BY A DEALER HE RIPPED OFF HE GOT KILLED BY A RACIST SOCIETY AND THE POLICE ENFORCING THEIR RACIST POLICIES

LUX DIDNT LOSE U JUST HAVE TO WATCH IT 500times AND WRITE A 4 PAGE ESSAY ON THE BARS TO SEE WHAT HE WAS SAYING.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:49 PM   #23
JustJ123

Quote:
well if huey was an actual drug user what does that change at the end of the day ?

yea he fucked up the OD part but the guy was a drug user so that kinda changes luxs whole angle
I dunno man, I don't really think it takes away from it tbh.

If Huey wasn't involved in drugs(any shape, using, stealing, whatever) he wouldn't have died, Meaning he'd still have been around to contribute and help his race.

I mean it sorta takes away from that specific line, because Huey was a stand up nigga despite using drugs. The angle though? I feel its strengthened by a figure head in the black community being taken due to drugs.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:50 PM   #24
NatGeografik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gggyea View Post
lmfao people will say anything when one of their heros get killed...
HE WASNT REALLY A DRUG USER HE WAS ROBBING THE HOUSES TO CLEAN P THE STREETS
HE DIDNT GET SHOT BY A DEALER HE RIPPED OFF HE GOT KILLED BY A RACIST SOCIETY AND THE POLICE ENFORCING THEIR RACIST POLICIES

LUX DIDNT LOSE U JUST HAVE TO WATCH IT 500times AND WRITE A 4 PAGE ESSAY ON THE BARS TO SEE WHAT HE WAS SAYING.
LOL wow this guy is gonna blow his top, take a break bro
Old 02-11-2014, 07:51 PM   #25
NatGeografik

I really think Gggyeah and Willy should be temporarily banned for their own sanity; these guys are obviously bipolar

We have a responsibility here guys
Old 02-11-2014, 07:52 PM   #26
J.V.L.
Banned

Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
J.V.L. is not the worst person
Who would know first hand the dangers of crack to a community and gain the most by trying to chase it out? A crack user.
J.V.L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:52 PM   #27
JustJ123

Quote:
man when is this whole childish "HE MAD AS HELL" shit gonna end...since when if u disagree with an obvious troll post does that make you "MAD"? noone is mad about anything except ur childish way of making urself think ur winning a debate.

this is the only battle in the history of battles that people have said "NAH YO U JUST GOTTA WATCH THE SHIT 100times LIKE ME AND YOULL KNOW LUX WON" every other battle is watched judged and the winner is based off FIRST reactions...now that lux got washed and its crushing to these little lux fanboys u cant trust what u saw the first time u have to do a college thesis and make a diagram of pros n cons for the bars said.

sounds like the lux fans are the "MAD" ones. not angry...mad as in crazy. cause ur blatent dickriding of another man is purely INSANE
This is completely wrong.

Ness vs Solomon is the first example I'd throw out.

I don't understand people. Every time a battle drops if it has replay value people big it up and say its a dope battle for that. The very idea of something having replay value implies your opinion could change.

But when people watch a battle with replay value and their opinions change they are apparently reaching. Shit is fucking dumb.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:52 PM   #28
NatGeografik

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatGeografik View Post
I really think Gggyeah and Willy should be temporarily banned for their own sanity; these guys are obviously bipolar

OH yeah, also Gun So Big, that guy might be the most insane of all (even though he's right about Lux vs Hollow)
Old 02-11-2014, 07:54 PM   #29
NatGeografik

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.V.L. View Post
Who would know first hand the dangers of crack to a community and gain the most by trying to chase it out? A crack user.
If you ever did something wrong in your life that you don't agree with then apparently you're a hypocrite in the eyes of these kids

Y'all need to grow up; we ALL do bad things, doesn't make those bad things good nor does it make a person a hypocrite for speaking out against it.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:54 PM   #30
NatGeografik

Quote:
But when people watch a battle with replay value and their opinions change they are apparently reaching. Shit is fucking dumb.
He's just mad man, take it easy on him; I heard he might be bipolar
Old 02-11-2014, 07:59 PM   #31
Gggyea

Quote:

please dont lump me in the same category with that douchbag
thanks
Old 02-11-2014, 07:59 PM   #32
NatGeografik

Quote:
please dont lump me in the same category with that douchbag
thanks
I just meant y'all are both obviously mentally unstable, not that you have sex with shemales
Old 02-11-2014, 08:02 PM   #33
Gggyea

Quote:
This is completely wrong.

Ness vs Solomon is the first example I'd throw out.

I don't understand people. Every time a battle drops if it has replay value people big it up and say its a dope battle for that. The very idea of something having replay value implies your opinion could change.

i honestly hardley ever change my opinion on who i think won based off multiple watches. replay value absolutely has its place in battles becoming a "classic" but i dont change my opinion usually. i just want to see it again. i just go with what i think i saw on my first watch and most of the time i agree with my first watch opinion. idk maybe just me tho.

u gotta admit the lux fans are going a little overboard with all the rules u have to put in place to see that lux won tho. i dont care who you think won. when there is a list of things u need to do to see a certain battler won its kinda biased.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:03 PM   #34
Gggyea

Quote:
I just meant y'all are both obviously mentally unstable, not that you have sex with shemales

LMFAO oh aight...crazy i can deal with. not the worst thing ive been called by any means. lol
Old 02-11-2014, 08:26 PM   #35
Throwback Mike
I'M NOT PAT STAY

Mentioned: 806 Post(s)
Throwback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Reducing Huey Newton's legacy to his later years when he became addicted to drugs is ridiculously offensive. Besides, Huey's struggles with addiction don't detract from Lux's angle at all. I mean, the Black Panthers had a famous pamphlet called "Capitalism Plus Dope Equals Genocide." If anything, Huey Newton's later life was only confirmation of that.

It should also be noted that, when Huey's addiction began, the Black Panther Party didn't even exist anymore, so Norbes' point has absolutely nothing to do with Lux's performance. The "Free Huey" button on his beret clearly indicates that Lux's character was based in a time period (1968-1970) long before the Panthers were finally destroyed by police violence and drug addiction fueled by the state's covert campaign.

Tl;dr Norbes is a clown who knows nothing about Black history.
Throwback Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:52 PM   #36
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 346 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
The fact that He looked that far into a Lux bar.shows how extremely butt hurt he is

Me as a battle rap show host> >>Norbes has a battle rap show host

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch
PJ Sumroc is online now   Reply With Quote