Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Don't Flop DMV Weekend Update Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 05:10 AM   #1
TheSuburbCeleb
Contributor

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
TheSuburbCeleb is not the worst person
Don't Flop DMV Weekend Update Thread

Figured I'd start a update thread for the weekend for some of the things we're doing, as well as for anyone who is at the events to update battles....

Right now at my house is:
Eurgh
Big T
Drect
Cruger
Liam
Quill
J Short
Impact

We went out to dinner tonight, and everyone was going crazy about the restaurant's bread ...The waitress went in back and said someone ( Big T) ate a whole basket.
A waiter came out to see who it was, was freaked out to see Drect, was going crazy to see Big T , saw Eurgh and was like wtf is going on?? lol so he came over saying one mah fucka in this whole restaurant would recognize ya'll... So he'll be out this weekend...Ryan Kerrigan from the Washington Redskins was at the table next to us...

Btw Sunday July 5th has been moved to the Rock and Roll Hotel 1353 H St NE DC 20002
Stop Sleepin Yall
He bringing that Hot Lava
Salute My G

Last edited by TheSuburbCeleb; 07-03-2015 at 05:38 AM.
TheSuburbCeleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 05:19 AM   #2
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSuburbCeleb View Post
We went out to dinner tonight, and everyone was going crazy about the restaurant's bread

subbed
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 05:23 AM   #3
Exenexex
project pattahhhhh

Mentioned: 322 Post(s)
Exenexex is better than Grind Time AustraliaExenexex is better than Grind Time AustraliaExenexex is better than Grind Time Australia
dead @ T devouring the bread basket
Exenexex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 06:11 AM   #4
NotATroll

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
NotATroll is not the worst person
my hype for this event died when i found out dose vs shine was not a real battle

kshine has 0 to lose now and dose has 0 to gain now

fking waste of a potential game changer for dose. guess he gotta wait for his time still
NotATroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 06:20 AM   #5
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotATroll View Post
my hype for this event died when i found out dose vs shine was not a real battle

fking waste of a potential game changer for dose. guess he gotta wait for his time still
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 01:15 PM   #6
IsATroll

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
IsATroll is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotATroll View Post

Agreed

Fuck this event, it can not possibly bring any entertainment without this battle being a 3 rounder, what are DF thinking

Who cares if Shine has had all these 2 on 2's and would go light if it was a 3 rounder
IsATroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 01:17 PM   #7
DonnyOni
Cleto Reyes Gloves

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
DonnyOni is better than Grind Time AntarcticaDonnyOni is better than Grind Time AntarcticaDonnyOni is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsATroll View Post
Agreed

Fuck this event, it can not possibly bring any entertainment without this battle being a 3 rounder, what are DF thinking

Who cares if Shine has had all these 2 on 2's and would go light if it was a 3 rounder
DonnyOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 03:36 PM   #8
Gopher D'Gusto

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Gopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I'll be in the building. Shit's gonna be hype.
Gopher D'Gusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 10:31 PM   #9
TheSuburbCeleb
Contributor

At the venue, The White Room 1249 9th Street NW DC
Stop Sleepin Yall
Salute My G

Last edited by TheSuburbCeleb; 07-03-2015 at 11:03 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:43 PM   #10
Gopher D'Gusto

Gopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSuburbCeleb View Post
At the venue, The White Room 1249 9th Street NE DC
You mean 1240 9th St NW?

http://whiteroomdc.com/info
Old 07-03-2015, 11:31 PM   #11
Ugly Ben Studly
The Black Doug Funnie

Ugly Ben Studly is not the worst person
legggggooo!!! on they way now.

will most likely post updates if im sober enough.

Old 07-03-2015, 11:35 PM   #12
Ugly Ben Studly
The Black Doug Funnie

can't front tho...a lil disappointed in the venue change for sunday. shits all sorta extra inconvenient. but fuck it...dfafd & snbafd!
Old 07-04-2015, 04:33 AM   #13
Gopher D'Gusto

Day 1 just finished. Couple real crazy battles and a few one-sided joints with a standout performance. Be on the lookout for Dallas Cash vs Tyranny and Flo Leeds vs Luminous. Some folks with good performances were J Morr and Tre Awthenticc.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:36 AM   #14
Gopher D'Gusto

Also, Dallas Cash rebuttaled an entire concept round. If he isn't in your top 5 freestylers after this battle, I don't know what to tell you.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:13 AM   #15
TheSuburbCeleb
Contributor

Tyranny vs Dallas Cash was super dope... Tyranny fits in more with DF/KOTD vs URL... This was his breakout performance...

As Gopher said... Luminous vs Flo Leeds nobody has heard of... But is a must view battle once it drops...

Sunday once again is now at the Rock and Roll Hotel 1353 H St NE DC 20002
Stop Sleepin Yall
Salute My G
Old 07-04-2015, 03:24 PM   #16
Dynamo Dan
D-D-D-D-Dan namsayin'?

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Dynamo Dan is not the worst person
I got Tre coming up, good to hear he on his shit.

wrap your head around that!!!
Dynamo Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 03:30 PM   #17
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1181 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
haha the bread story thats hilarious.

tell liam i miss and love him
AVOCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 04:57 PM   #18
DonnyOni
Cleto Reyes Gloves

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
DonnyOni is better than Grind Time AntarcticaDonnyOni is better than Grind Time AntarcticaDonnyOni is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVOCADO View Post

Why can't you tell him urself? That's what skype is for from what i gather from personals against soul.
DonnyOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 05:30 PM   #19
Gopher D'Gusto

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVOCADO View Post

Liam is one of the coolest people I've met in battle rap. He definitely held it down.
Old 07-04-2015, 06:34 PM   #20
TheSuburbCeleb
Contributor

Watched Tyranny vs Dallas.... Amazing battle, Dallas 3rd was ten minutes long and will have to be edited lol... He freestyle rebuttaled a whole round for 5 minutes.... Then went into his writtens...

We're in Walmart now... Getting food for a cook out.... Shopping with T for this.... Should be interesting lol
Stop Sleepin Yall
Salute My G
Old 07-04-2015, 09:20 PM   #21
Dynamo Dan
D-D-D-D-Dan namsayin'?

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Dynamo Dan is not the worst person
Shit look ugly outside though. Wasn't able to make it last night but I'll be out there Sunday fam! @TheSuburbCeleb

wrap your head around that!!!
Dynamo Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:35 PM   #22
rocky
Contributor

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
rocky is not the worst person
man this already sounds like a bit of an adventure. Wish I could be there to check some of these battles. The lineup looks awesome. Glad day 1 went well. Glad to hear about battles popping up in some of these more neglected cities in the US that have so much to offer.

"Big T at Walmart" sounds like a viral video waiting to happen. Hopefully someone tapes it. I'm curious how T shops.

Carter Deems>>>>>>
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:40 PM   #23
Gopher D'Gusto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo Dan View Post
Shit look ugly outside though. Wasn't able to make it last night but I'll be out there Sunday fam! @TheSuburbCeleb
Yeah, the venue being as packed as it was made shit really hot. I actually didn't mind it outside lol
Old 07-04-2015, 09:45 PM   #24
Breakneck
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Breakneck is better than Grind Time AustraliaBreakneck is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky View Post
I'm curious how T shops.
Leaned
Old 07-04-2015, 11:00 PM   #25
TheSuburbCeleb
Contributor

Someone tell me how to upload pics on my phone... We spent like 250 on food... Liam been killing shit on the grill ever since....
This dude Goldie got no showed last night, so he's coming to my house and we're gonna film a freestyle battle him vs J Short at the cookout...
Big T be kickin it no shirt on some Rick Ross shit lmao
Stop Sleepin Yall
Salute My G

Last edited by TheSuburbCeleb; 07-04-2015 at 11:03 PM.
Old 07-05-2015, 02:47 AM   #26
Ugly Ben Studly
The Black Doug Funnie

my quick day 1 recap (would make a thread but):

showed up smashed, upon approach saw eurgh walkin from the liquor store on the corner to the venue with a bag of what i can only assume is beer/liquor in his hand. i retardedly scream "eurgh! (he looks back) welcome to dc!" he looks at me very bothered and gives a head nod of recognition then proceeds to enter the venue looking over his shoulder as if dodging a serial killer.

i walk up to the entrance and finish my jack out front. i then see my nigga a-class wit a couple of his people. we greet, i meet his people, we agree to link later since they got a spot up the street from the event plus i had a spliff to smoke niggas out wit on deck, and we enter the venue.

dude at the door asks if im battling, i slur something inaudible, but insist on paying to get in to support the kutcha i guess.

walking up the stairs, i notice there is no bar, which would typically be an issue for me, but im distracted by big t coming down the stairs. i dap him up saying im a fan and mention something about whiteboy wasted. he giggled.

then after a few minutes, they announced the first battle. i move to see it and it was surprisingly dope. some frumpy white kid killed this other white kid in a one rounder. i, and a lot of others, praised dude outside for the dub he rightfully earned. i mean niggas was losin they minds to some of his bars. me included. dude is gifted.

as im watching the first battle, i see maestro walking around lookin official like he's in coordination mode. cruger was posted up snappin flicks. i also see eurgh running around seeming disjointed. the whole time, even during intros, he seems pensive af, like he could die anytime. still don't know why. other than that, im noticing a bunch of people wit beers and liquor bottles drinkin in the venue. so i figure they brought it in wit em. so i start schemin and decide during that battle that im gonna cop some brews from where eurgh came from. after the battle i run out and grab some dank beers. a 4pack of 9.5% abv craft beer. i pocket that shit and re-enter the venue.

i drink one while watching battle number 2. it was aight. waaaay lighter that the first. so i wasnt too enthused. they break after that battle. we all migrate outside where i smoke a jack. saw a couple dc emcees, one of which ive collabed wit so i approached to say what up. ain't seen him in years.

we get to reminiscing. then homie mentions he got a bottle of jack in the whip. so me and 3 other niggas proceed to swig on the whiskey in the whip. one thing leads to another and we start freestylin. shit was beautiful. dc still got spitters. i gifted my nigga wit a bottle of beer to match the liquor i drank. then I excused myself to head back to the venue.

I get back, didn't feel the battle that was goin on, so my drunk ass left. it was some black dude wit dreads against some other human. i text class lettin him kno I made moves. then I hopped the train and headed home. crazy shit ensued but it's not battlerap related.

class hits me back like "you leave already?" and im like "yeah, had to dip.". then I ventured off into the ethers.

that's all i can remember. my overall feel of the event is "dope". sounds like i aint miss much from other recaps tho. lookin forward to tomorrow.
Old 07-05-2015, 03:00 AM   #27
TheSuburbCeleb
Contributor

J Short vs Goldie Freestyle battle about to go down... But we're all kinda fucked up , so we're gonna get to it at some point... Probably film it in my studio
Stop Sleepin Yall
Salute My G
Old 07-05-2015, 03:07 AM   #28
Gopher D'Gusto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Ben Studly View Post
my quick day 1 recap (would make a thread but):

showed up smashed, upon approach saw eurgh walkin from the liquor store on the corner to the venue with a bag of what i can only assume is beer/liquor in his hand. i retardedly scream "eurgh! (he looks back) welcome to dc!" he looks at me very bothered and gives a head nod of recognition then proceeds to enter the venue looking over his shoulder as if dodging a serial killer.

i walk up to the entrance and finish my jack out front. i then see my nigga a-class wit a couple of his people. we greet, i meet his people, we agree to link later since they got a spot up the street from the event plus i had a spliff to smoke niggas out wit on deck, and we enter the venue.

dude at the door asks if im battling, i slur something inaudible, but insist on paying to get in to support the kutcha i guess.

walking up the stairs, i notice there is no bar, which would typically be an issue for me, but im distracted by big t coming down the stairs. i dap him up saying im a fan and mention something about whiteboy wasted. he giggled.

then after a few minutes, they announced the first battle. i move to see it and it was surprisingly dope. some frumpy white kid killed this other white kid in a one rounder. i, and a lot of others, praised dude outside for the dub he rightfully earned. i mean niggas was losin they minds to some of his bars. me included. dude is gifted.

as im watching the first battle, i see maestro walking around lookin official like he's in coordination mode. cruger was posted up snappin flicks. i also see eurgh running around seeming disjointed. the whole time, even during intros, he seems pensive af, like he could die anytime. still don't know why. other than that, im noticing a bunch of people wit beers and liquor bottles drinkin in the venue. so i figure they brought it in wit em. so i start schemin and decide during that battle that im gonna cop some brews from where eurgh came from. after the battle i run out and grab some dank beers. a 4pack of 9.5% abv craft beer. i pocket that shit and re-enter the venue.

i drink one while watching battle number 2. it was aight. waaaay lighter that the first. so i wasnt too enthused. they break after that battle. we all migrate outside where i smoke a jack. saw a couple dc emcees, one of which ive collabed wit so i approached to say what up. ain't seen him in years.

we get to reminiscing. then homie mentions he got a bottle of jack in the whip. so me and 3 other niggas proceed to swig on the whiskey in the whip. one thing leads to another and we start freestylin. shit was beautiful. dc still got spitters. i gifted my nigga wit a bottle of beer to match the liquor i drank. then I excused myself to head back to the venue.

I get back, didn't feel the battle that was goin on, so my drunk ass left. it was some black dude wit dreads against some other human. i text class lettin him kno I made moves. then I hopped the train and headed home. crazy shit ensued but it's not battlerap related.

class hits me back like "you leave already?" and im like "yeah, had to dip.". then I ventured off into the ethers.

that's all i can remember. my overall feel of the event is "dope". sounds like i aint miss much from other recaps tho. lookin forward to tomorrow.
Damn, that means you missed Tyranny vs. Dallas, which was fucking insane. That shit would've been worth waiting for tbh, but I don't blame you for dipping early. Most dudes on the card aint really come with it. The 804 boys (JMorr and Tre) killed it tho. Also, Yung Mose took some bullshit shot at Ty Law that almost lead to a fight, but got deaded quick by Troy Brown.

As for the frustration by Eurgh, that was due to a number of things. One, he's not used to crowds like the ones that show up to DC. It was a struggle getting people to shut up. It was also a struggle to get a lot of fools to show up for their battles. By 8:30, we only had like four or five full battles ready to go. Most dudes ended up showing, but this one kid, Maze, was MIA last night after promising Eurgh and Maestro he was gonna come with it. So they were mostly annoyed at Maze.

Last edited by Gopher D'Gusto; 07-05-2015 at 03:12 AM.
Old 07-05-2015, 04:06 AM   #29
TheSuburbCeleb
Contributor

Battle about to go down....
Stop Sleepin Yall
Salute My G
Old 07-05-2015, 05:10 AM   #30
TheSuburbCeleb
Contributor

Holy shit... That was fun
Stop Sleepin Yall
Salute My G
Old 07-05-2015, 01:51 PM   #31
Ugly Ben Studly
The Black Doug Funnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopher D'Gusto View Post
Damn, that means you missed Tyranny vs. Dallas, which was fucking insane. That shit would've been worth waiting for tbh, but I don't blame you for dipping early. Most dudes on the card aint really come with it. The 804 boys (JMorr and Tre) killed it tho. Also, Yung Mose took some bullshit shot at Ty Law that almost lead to a fight, but got deaded quick by Troy Brown.

As for the frustration by Eurgh, that was due to a number of things. One, he's not used to crowds like the ones that show up to DC. It was a struggle getting people to shut up. It was also a struggle to get a lot of fools to show up for their battles. By 8:30, we only had like four or five full battles ready to go. Most dudes ended up showing, but this one kid, Maze, was MIA last night after promising Eurgh and Maestro he was gonna come with it. So they were mostly annoyed at Maze.
damn, gonna have to check for that tyranny vs dallas footage when it drops. and yeah, figured somethin was goin on wit eurgh from his demeanor. that scenario makes sense. l

def gonna be in the building tonight for the duration tho. tryin not to be awkward and antisocial and shit. legggggo!
Old 07-05-2015, 01:56 PM   #32
Ugly Ben Studly
The Black Doug Funnie

ps - y'all shoulda sold tickets for that cookout and had a live ppv! i woulda copped iah.
Old 07-05-2015, 03:25 PM   #33
Breakneck
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Breakneck is better than Grind Time AustraliaBreakneck is better than Grind Time Australia
What's the card for tonight?
Old 07-05-2015, 03:53 PM   #34
Ugly Ben Studly
The Black Doug Funnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mage BTM View Post
What's the card for tonight?
Old 07-05-2015, 05:45 PM   #35
Exenexex
project pattahhhhh

Mentioned: 322 Post(s)
Exenexex is better than Grind Time AustraliaExenexex is better than Grind Time AustraliaExenexex is better than Grind Time Australia
A-Class & X could be a certified classic
Exenexex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 05:47 PM   #36
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
I enjoy that a good portion of this thread is about alcohol consumption and Big T's gluttony
Old 07-05-2015, 07:03 PM   #37
Gopher D'Gusto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Deuce View Post
I enjoy that a good portion of this thread is about alcohol consumption and Big T's gluttony
Ty Law gave everybody some sagely advice last night: don't mix jack and exclusiv vodka
Old 07-05-2015, 07:49 PM   #38
TheSuburbCeleb
Contributor

We in here...
Stop Sleepin Yall
Salute My G
Old 07-05-2015, 08:12 PM   #39
Jaybird

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Jaybird is not the worst person
What do you all think? Dose is one of my favorites so I'm definitely interested to see what happens today and I'm glad he got a good look like this.

On the other hand I think Dose could be a little bit more self-aware, he tries to switch up sometimes and I don't think it serves him well, jokes, and slow punches don't work for him. Dose is at his best when he's that aggressive, straight rap Dose from the first battle with Math.

K-Shine is obviously good depending on whether or not he puts in the work. Today he says he's not fucking around. I could see him sleeping on the battle but again, this is the main event on the card, which is a look he doesn't usually get so maybe he will come with it.

No homo.
Jaybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 08:42 PM   #40
Ugly Ben Studly
The Black Doug Funnie

just rolled up. chill vibe.