Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Interview Dizaster Talks new West Coast group (Left Side Connection) & issues with KOTD

Old 01-18-2018, 04:23 AM   #1
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Dizaster Talks new West Coast group (Left Side Connection) & issues with KOTD

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/angryfa...ide-connection

They made a new westcoast battle group with Diz, Daylyt, Illmac, Rum Nitty, Danny Myers, B-dot, and Geechi

Last edited by mike rigs; 01-18-2018 at 04:27 AM.
mike rigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 04:41 AM   #2
corny

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
corny is a PY Poster
I didn't listen to this interview yet but after watching dizaster's mental breakdowns on the clips he released on twitter...

what it really boils down to is that dizaster wants more money, he is salty as fuck that he can't retire off this battling shit....now battling can open up other doors for him to maybe one day be able to retire but I doubt it.

I could be wrong in saying this but quite fucking honestly battling is a fucking hobby, dizaster is a fucking idiot for trying to force it as a career

diz is kind of smart though for wanting to break off and do his own things on the west, because for now in the current scenes state, kotd has zero homegrown bred talent that can actually keep carrying the company, so organik might not admit it but diz and other west coasters joining together will hurt kotd.

in the end if dizaster does get a company off the ground...in the future of that company he will realize that If you want to stay afloat maybe u have to use shady business practice such as kotd does.
Old 01-18-2018, 05:35 AM   #3
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by corny View Post
I didn't listen to this interview yet but after watching dizaster's mental breakdowns on the clips he released on twitter...

what it really boils down to is that dizaster wants more money, he is salty as fuck that he can't retire off this battling shit....now battling can open up other doors for him to maybe one day be able to retire but I doubt it.

I could be wrong in saying this but quite fucking honestly battling is a fucking hobby, dizaster is a fucking idiot for trying to force it as a career

diz is kind of smart though for wanting to break off and do his own things on the west, because for now in the current scenes state, kotd has zero homegrown bred talent that can actually keep carrying the company, so organik might not admit it but diz and other west coasters joining together will hurt kotd.

in the end if dizaster does get a company off the ground...in the future of that company he will realize that If you want to stay afloat maybe u have to use shady business practice such as kotd does.
Partly agree with you, Corny. If Diz and Lush joined together to make a Westcoast league, it would really hurt KOTD. Some of the Canadians that Organik is trying to push show how shallow the waters of the talent pool are now.

Also Diz needs to get a job. Battle rap just doesn't have the structure there yet to offer anything more than sporadic paydays. Honestly if you have the rep of Dizaster and can't turn that into enough money to live then something is clearly wrong with your hustle.

Disagree with the second part though. KOTD has never really been that shady. Honestly except for this Diz thing (Which we only really have Diz's batshit crazy word for) and that Smack PPV weirdness, KOTD has been one of the few non-shady companies out there.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:43 AM   #4
corny

corny is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Partly agree with you, Corny. If Diz and Lush joined together to make a Westcoast league, it would really hurt KOTD. Some of the Canadians that Organik is trying to push show how shallow the waters of the talent pool are now.

Also Diz needs to get a job. Battle rap just doesn't have the structure there yet to offer anything more than sporadic paydays. Honestly if you have the rep of Dizaster and can't turn that into enough money to live then something is clearly wrong with your hustle.

Disagree with the second part though. KOTD has never really been that shady. Honestly except for this Diz thing (Which we only really have Diz's batshit crazy word for) and that Smack PPV weirdness, KOTD has been one of the few non-shady companies out there.
calling it shady business practice is perhaps too strong of a word, kind of what I meant was that the money coming an employees way wont always be what you expect and I mean there are a slew of companies that do this, UFC, WWE.....people cry about pay and you would have to imagine that this problem is even worse for smaller companies like kotd, thus opening the door to dealing with shady shit
Old 01-18-2018, 03:59 PM   #5
JR77

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Left Side Connection is a shitty name
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 04:36 PM   #6
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Red name for everyone in LSC

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:22 PM   #7
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
So many takeaways:
Yes left side connection is a terrible name
Diz is so bad at articulating a point even when there is some validity that lies beneath the mess that is this man

Some completely bullshit positions:
-that he should somehow get more money than he agreed to
-that he should own the masters/footage of his battles (where did he get this from)
-that he set up every match that made KOTD successful (I've/we've been nerdily aware of battle set-ups throughout history I mean from aspect One to Lush to Avo to Nikaya, this is simply not true)
- that KOTD shouldn't use money THEY made from events out west for other events wherever (his gripe is for Canada)

Some points, albeit muddied, that are undeniably valid
-that Diz is responsible for some of KOTD's most successful battles (including THE BATTLE that kept them afloat last year)
-that KOTD had somewhat abandoned building homegrown talent from Canada for booking Americans
-that KOTD will suffer if they lose the west coast MCs

This muhfucka made excuses for every bad performance he ever had saying that now finally he'll be able to deliver perfect battles because he won't be stressed out by KOTD, shit is redic.
This cat even tried to bring in Saurus, and people having an ill opinion of him, into his bullshit saying that the reason any west coast MC may have not had the best performances was because they ain't have their own shit out west-smh
Regardless this man is seriously disturbed no matter how you slice it; makes for good entertainment tho
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:48 PM   #8
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Illmac the only one in that group who can't (or in Dizaster's case, doesn't) say the N Word though.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 07:11 PM   #9
Carl Spackler
Cinderella story

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Carl Spackler is better than Grind Time AustraliaCarl Spackler is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthol View Post
-that KOTD had somewhat abandoned building homegrown talent from Canada for booking Americans
Funny how he fails to connect that he's the reason they abandoned their homegrown talent.

Carl Spackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 08:09 PM   #10
JF1VE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
JF1VE is not the worst person
How the hell did he convince these dudes to go along with this!? I honestly feel bad for them.

Can't imagine this is a good thing for anyone's battle career, particularly Illmac's. WOW
JF1VE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 04:11 AM   #11
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
ok trying to do better than kotd is cool, give it a shot

but this group is pointless
JC
All Day is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 03:57 PM   #12
PaulWhite

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
PaulWhite is not the worst person
No opinion on this either way , hope it works out for both sides. But for real man, this design would look more professional if it were done in crayon on a bar napkin.

PaulWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:58 PM   #13
Dog Debarko
Pupper In Charge

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Dog Debarko is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR77 View Post
GRRRRR GGGGROWL BARK ROOF RUFF

In before an opponent of theirs uses a "Hit him with the southpaw, now THATS a Left Side Connection..." bar

*Press SFX buttons*

CLICK ME ->Dog Debarko Hits The Airhorn
Dog Debarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:06 PM   #14
Dog Debarko
Pupper In Charge

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Dog Debarko is not the worst person
RUFF RUFF GRRR GRRRRRRRRRR

I fixed their artwork

*Press SFX buttons*

CLICK ME ->Dog Debarko Hits The Airhorn
Dog Debarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:51 PM   #15
Casual

Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulWhite View Post
No opinion on this either way , hope it works out for both sides. But for real man, this design would look more professional if it were done in crayon on a bar napkin.

Lmao wait is this real?

@AVOCADO you're a terrible friend for letting this happen.

Real shit though, this group got more talent than the entire Canadian scene combined. And that's WITH Danny and diz dragging em down.
Old 01-20-2018, 01:23 AM   #16
corny

corny is a PY Poster
the flyer does suck and also the first drop of it had myers name spelled wrong, but diz actually admitted this flyer sucked and asking fans and or anyone for a new one, before this thread was even made so in my eyes its not really a big deal
Old 01-20-2018, 01:58 AM   #17
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
People keep saying the West saved KOTD when its more like KOTD saved the west. KOTD was going and rising during the Wests and GT heyday. So to say KOTD would be dead without the west is false revionist history.

KOTD wouldn't be as big as it is without the west is facts. But without KOTD where would the West coast be.

Look at the list of LeftCoast and ask where would any of them be without KOTD

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 06:43 AM   #18
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Best two on two team out right now diz & mental illness... move over nwx/shufflo

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 07:58 AM   #19
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

This is hilarious to me as they stole the Westside Connection's album cover (Below) and then did a bunch of shitty editing and rendering on it and it looks terrible. Literally anyone could spend a few hours on photoshop and make something better.

Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Old 01-20-2018, 11:33 AM   #20
Battlehogg

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMumbles905 View Post
People keep saying the West saved KOTD when its more like KOTD saved the west. KOTD was going and rising during the Wests and GT heyday. So to say KOTD would be dead without the west is false revionist history.

KOTD wouldn't be as big as it is without the west is facts. But without KOTD where would the West coast be.

This may be the first and only time I will agree with you.
Battlehogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 01:13 PM   #21
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
They should just expand from BOTZ (events) and RYD (one off or two off battles in special locations) because both of those are established solid brands.

Whoever said Diz and Lush should run a league together is loco, cos Ether + the blackface paintball gun event went so well.
Cuntoffs are Jumps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 01:47 PM   #22
Profess

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
End of the day Diz is leading the way and taking steps to get his money right and help his area. Doesnt sound like he wont battle on KOTD again, but if he does it will be on better terms. Looks like this could be a good thing.
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 04:53 PM   #23
Casual

Quote:

I would call it a mutually beneficial relationship at the time. Yeah, the West was dead and KOTD was doing well, but it wasn't gonna last forever. KOTD would have been in rough shape a lot quicker if not for the west. Even at that point in time the Canadian talent pool was on its way to being non existent. By adopting the west, they became part of "KOTDs roster".

Simply put, the west kept KOTD on or near the top much longer than they would have been otherwise. There hasn't been a good Toronto event in like 3 years, there's 0 battlers anyone really gives a shit about from Canada anymore...Pat and Bender are both a dice roll performance wise at this point and everyone else in Canada just straight up garbage.

Last edited by Casual; 01-20-2018 at 04:56 PM.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:21 PM   #24
Dusted123

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Dusted123 is not the worst person
Quote:

Right...The west would just be completely ignored and no one would ever start up a leagu out West with all that talent out there.

Without American Talent, no one cares about KOTD for this long or on this level. Where would they be without KOTD? On another league that doesn't exist because KOTD stepped in first.

KOTD took advantage of a good situation, and I'm glad they did, but they didn't save the west.
Dusted123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 07:40 PM   #25
ICeeZeeI
Oliver ClothesOff

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
ICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time AustraliaICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time Australia
A new group and new potential league is cool and all until we all realize its dont count unless its on URL.

This going to be a new league? Does this mean ill and all the other guys in this group wont be on kotd any longer?

Ill bet anyone here 100 bucks that this wont go anywhere. We will see most of these guys on kotd next event lmfao!!!
ICeeZeeI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 01:27 AM   #26
brodeezy

Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
lmao who in their right mind would go along with diz in something like this

these guys are all dummies

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 02:38 AM   #27
Profess

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
This is hilarious to me as they stole the Westside Connection's album cover (Below) and then did a bunch of shitty editing and rendering on it and it looks terrible. Literally anyone could spend a few hours on photoshop and make something better.

How about a Jerry West logo remix.. hell he made his name in LA

edit.. might as well add Jerry Wess to the group
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 01:23 PM   #28
gregrieke20
Media

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
gregrieke20 is not the worst person
So as a battle group, what do they like, do? Like, get together and practice? I don't get it.
Old 01-21-2018, 01:44 PM   #29
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Hitchslap is not the worst person
Hopefully those involved don’t invest heavily into this. Look at the last even dizaster tried to host. I’m sure they’re begging Avo to film this, but if I were him I would stay away.
Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:06 PM   #30
PaulWhite

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
PaulWhite is not the worst person
The real "Left Side Connection"

PaulWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:25 PM   #31
GetPaid

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
GetPaid is better than Grind Time AustraliaGetPaid is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR77 View Post
At least it wasn't Fresh Side Connection
GetPaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 08:19 PM   #32
Marcus

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Marcus is better than Grind Time AustraliaMarcus is better than Grind Time Australia
Being in a group with Danny Myers: instaloss.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:56 PM   #33
corny

corny is a PY Poster
it would probably take a lot to split up illmaculate riding with dizaster, these mother fuckers known each other since way back....battling on yahoo chat..way back.

these guys probably just want something new, especially someone like illmac, its like what can kotd really offer illmac at this point?

not saying diz can offer him shit but at least its a change up
Old 01-23-2018, 03:10 PM   #34
god level

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
I suppose its funny how it's not under the Freshcoast umbrella
god level is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 05:12 AM   #35
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by corny View Post
these guys probably just want something new, especially someone like illmac, its like what can kotd really offer illmac at this point?
Better money, non-Fresh coast opposition, not having some completely insane as the face of the company...
Old 01-24-2018, 07:04 AM   #36
corny

corny is a PY Poster
Quote:
Better money, non-Fresh coast opposition, not having some completely insane as the face of the company...
so if dizaster and company did decide to set up a battle company they would only allow people from the west to battle? LoL.

better money is debatable in my eyes, kotd are only able to give out big pay days when its someone elses money..

face of the company ok u got me.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:01 PM   #37
MCVeteran

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
MCVeteran is a PY Poster
Quote:

MS Paint struggle graphics lmfaooooo

Those cruisin’ USA video game stolen palm trees murder me.

Terrible look for Illmac
MCVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 11:58 PM   #38
Symphoniez

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Symphoniez is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCVeteran View Post

Those cruisin’ USA video game stolen palm trees murder me.

Lmaooooooooooooooooo Amazing reference.
Symphoniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 02:08 AM   #39
Battlehogg

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphoniez View Post
Lmaooooooooooooooooo Amazing reference.
They more like the ones outa Donkey Kong 64
Battlehogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 05:44 AM   #40
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
holy shit @ cruisin usa!!!!
JC
All Day is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags