Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Announcement URLTV Quarantined/Sterilized 2 Trailer

Old 05-15-2020, 08:49 PM   #1
iamHBY

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
URLTV Quarantined/Sterilized 2 Trailer

T-Top vs Mike P
Geechi Gotti vs Chilla Jones
Danny Myers vs Nu Jerzey Twork
JC vs Emerson Kennedy
Rum Nitty vs Franchise
B Dot vs Th3 Saga

Last edited by iamHBY; 05-16-2020 at 11:21 PM.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 09:10 PM   #2
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
anyone else think this is the worst URL card ever?
Feral Linguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 09:33 PM   #3
iamHBY

iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Linguist View Post
Eh, I remember not being particularly big on the SMACK Volume 4 card when it first got announced, but then that ended up being solid. As far as the worst URL card on paper, I feel like SM3 is up there with that distinction, maybe even Genesis too in hindsight.
Old 05-15-2020, 10:41 PM   #4
Feral Linguist
otbva

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
Eh, I remember not being particularly big on the SMACK Volume 4 card when it first got announced, but then that ended up being solid. As far as the worst URL card on paper, I feel like SM3 is up there with that distinction, maybe even Genesis too in hindsight.
good shout. Something to be said about expectations as well.

I just roll my fuckin eyes at Meyers v Twork, like the reddit dorks will be clappin their hands the wrong way at that one, and everything else is just like .... why? but hey, maybe there'll be a dope surprise battle, can't be too much a curmedgeon
Old 05-16-2020, 01:12 AM   #5
Emancee

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Chilla vs. Geechi is literally a matchup so terrible that I can't believe Smack allowed it.

Edit: I was trying to think of a corny Chilla Jones-type scheme and I started writing a scheme about Geechi's girl using C, gang, and blew like Heisenberg until I realized that Chilla actually did exactly that against Daylyt...
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 01:15 AM   #6
Emancee

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

I just roll my fuckin eyes at Meyers v Twork, like the reddit dorks will be clappin their hands the wrong way at that one, and everything else is just like .... why? but hey, maybe there'll be a dope surprise battle, can't be too much a curmedgeon
I can literally imagine the entire battle in my head, lots of yelling and non-stop punches, and I 100% guarantee the real battle will be virtually identical...
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 01:44 AM   #7
Feral Linguist
otbva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Chilla vs. Geechi is literally a matchup so terrible that I can't believe Smack allowed it.

Edit: I was trying to think of a corny Chilla Jones-type scheme and I started writing a scheme about Geechi's girl using C, gang, and blew like Heisenberg until I realized that Chilla actually did exactly that against Daylyt...
hahahahaha

i just imagine Chilla saying Gi, Chi, GAH-ti well gee, she, got ee like GEECHI GOTTI
Old 05-16-2020, 01:45 AM   #8
Feral Linguist
otbva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
I can literally imagine the entire battle in my head, lots of yelling and non-stop punches, and I 100% guarantee the real battle will be virtually identical...
i don't hate either of these guys but damn i cannot imagine this being less cringe than Doul Khan vs Diz
Old 05-16-2020, 01:48 AM   #9
iamHBY

Quote:

Well, Danny/Twork was originally booked for Initiation in July 2018, but Twork was in the hospital the day of the event I think due to alcohol poisoning or something along those lines. Plus, Danny and Twork were talking super spicy to one another on URL Live on Caffeine this past Wednesday. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Emerson called out JC against Jey The Nitewing in an attempt to get a battle on Traffic 4, but obviously with Traffic 4 not happening anytime soon, I guess the match is happening either way.

With Geechi/Chilla, I think it could be solid, however the one match that seems odd to me is Rum Nitty vs. Franchise. I know they're both in EFB together, and it's essentially Nitty giving Franchise a shot, but I don't think Franchise will even get a single round.
Old 05-16-2020, 02:09 AM   #10
Feral Linguist
otbva

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
Well, Danny/Twork was originally booked for Initiation in July 2018, but Twork was in the hospital the day of the event I think due to alcohol poisoning or something along those lines. Plus, Danny and Twork were talking super spicy to one another on URL Live on Caffeine this past Wednesday. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Emerson called out JC against Jey The Nitewing in an attempt to get a battle on Traffic 4, but obviously with Traffic 4 not happening anytime soon, I guess the match is happening either way.

With Geechi/Chilla, I think it could be solid, however the one match that seems odd to me is Rum Nitty vs. Franchise. I know they're both in EFB together, and it's essentially Nitty giving Franchise a shot, but I don't think Franchise will even get a single round.
good info

i'd bet that Nitty will go super light and the talking heads will hype it as "performance of the night" to get Franchise in there, ya know?

Twork v Meyers is bound to have a couple dope bars at the very least, but a lot of unsettling filler , imho
Old 05-16-2020, 11:42 PM   #11
StankDaddy

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
StankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Booooooooo!!!!!!
StankDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 12:07 AM   #12
iamHBY

BTW, extra battle announced in the YouTube version of the trailer, Jerry Wess vs. B-Magic on Avo's roof!
Old 05-17-2020, 01:08 AM   #13
Feral Linguist
otbva

honestly thought Jerry Wess and Emerson Kennedy were the same person

I heard Aye Verb v Pass might be goin down
Old 05-17-2020, 01:15 AM   #14
iamHBY

Quote:
honestly thought Jerry Wess and Emerson Kennedy were the same person

I heard Aye Verb v Pass might be goin down
Funny you say that, Jerry's 1st PG battle was against Emerson Kennedy on the same A Perfect Day To Die One Off/PG card that had such battles as MyVerse vs. Bonnie Godiva and Ave vs. Mike P among many other battles. Also, Aye Verb vs. Pass has to happen, I've been wanting to see that for years.