Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Live Update SMACK VOL. 2 Open Thread


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2018, 02:58 AM   #201
Chk82
Registered User
 
Chk82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 217
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Chk82 is not the worst person
Hollow didnt even have to bring the folders out. Who's left for him to battle? A washed-up Mook?
Chk82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 03:02 AM   #202
god level
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,755
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
Haven't seen any of smack vol2. Only here to say Hollow da goat
god level is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 03:03 AM   #203
StabYourself
Seasoned Fan
 
StabYourself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: 831
Posts: 3,793
Mentioned: 337 Post(s)
StabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Ars was not ready for that
StabYourself is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 03:18 AM   #204
Sky2real
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,131
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
Tech gettin all up in that ass. Ars actin pussy
__________________
Ain't nothin wrong wit a little shootin, so long as the right people get shot. - Osolo
Sky2real is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 04:14 AM   #205
Emancee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 4,012
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Night of one-sided battles.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathstare View Post
and emancee is a faggot
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 07:26 AM   #206
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser
 
cripplesunday1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Tea n Crumpets
Posts: 2,433
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Glad I didn't stay up for this one.

You guys surprised ars came out of fake retirement and was shit?

Sucks T top Vs K didn't live up to the hype
__________________
It's all subjective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:12 AM   #207
Emancee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 4,012
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by cripplesunday1 View Post
You guys surprised ars came out of fake retirement and was shit?
Ars was never going to be a great small room rapper at this point in his career. He is far too used to the big stages.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathstare View Post
and emancee is a faggot
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 11:53 AM   #208
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.
 
TheGodOfPez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,261
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chk82 View Post
I never get why fat rappers stay wearing shmedium shirts. Go the Organik route and XXXL it up
/dead
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 12:14 PM   #209
RickyProehl
RickyWatters
 
RickyProehl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: queens ny
Posts: 4,377
Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Between the cock butler / lyrical evolution/ tworks career being over then him coming back from the dead im intrigued by this event. Awesome update thread thanks guys
__________________

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 12:49 PM   #210
Neanderthol
Registered User
 
Neanderthol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,486
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
Afterthoughts:
Tez vs red was FIYAH-will be watched many times (Red too much rt now.)

Twork vs Verb will be a multiple runback battle as well.

John John can make any battle unwatchable, regardless of opponent.

Feel almost the same about Ars; very low replay value. I wasn't excited ever really but I understood the history so I never said shit, but it turned out as it always was going to. At least Hollow was really good in this one.

While K may win with further analysis, Top is just entertaining. People will likely say things like "K aint what he used to be" or "we need that old K back" but its really that he is toooooo much exactly what he used to be, exactly the same way he always is.
I will always watch Bigg K battles but he is plagued with formula and short material.
He is as consistent as they come but he no longer wins really and the "I never lose/its all preference" thing isn't helping his cause.


Oh and..
Why is Mike P still a thing?
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 12:57 PM   #211
sleeping dogs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,652
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthol View Post
Afterthoughts:
Tez vs red was FIYAH-will be watched many times (Red too much rt now.)

Twork vs Verb will be a multiple runback battle as well.

John John can make any battle unwatchable, regardless of opponent.

Feel almost the same about Ars; very low replay value. I wasn't excited ever really but I understood the history so I never said shit, but it turned out as it always was going to. At least Hollow was really good in this one.

While K may win with further analysis, Top is just entertaining. People will likely say things like "K aint what he used to be" or "we need that old K back" but its really that he is toooooo much exactly what he used to be, exactly the same way he always is.
I will always watch Bigg K battles but he is plagued with formula and short material.
He is as consistent as they come but he no longer wins really and the "I never lose/its all preference" thing isn't helping his cause.


Oh and..
Why is Mike P still a thing?
The criticism with recent form Bigg K is that he just shows up to spit mixtape like verses. It would sound good on a track, and his flow/rhyme patterns are really nice but in a battle you have to let your material breathe and he doesn't really build up to punches lately. He used to do back to back four bar punches and now he just quickly raps through a verse w/no stopping w/an occasional standout line peppered in there. His 3rd was decent.. and I do think it will be seen as a 2-1 either way with consensus leaning to T-Top because T-Top was at least more on form in comparison w/what he usually does vs a returning Bigg K who had a lot of expectations that he did not live up to. Outside of preconceptions going into it, its a somewhat even battle but I think most people wanted to see that Head Ice or JC Bigg K and not the O-Red/John John Da Don Bigg K.
__________________
"say 'his style is very painterly' but paintings not an art
art is tricking you with statements that the painter's painting art
without an explanation it's just pretty little marks
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, hollow, loaded lux, soul
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 01:16 PM   #212
Neanderthol
Registered User
 
Neanderthol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,486
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeping dogs View Post
you have to let your material breathe and he doesn't really build up to punches lately. He used to do back to back four bar punches and now he just quickly raps through a verse w/no stopping w/an occasional standout line peppered in there. His 3rd was decent.. and I do think it will be seen as a 2-1 either way with consensus leaning to T-Top because T-Top was at least more on form in comparison w/what he usually does vs a returning Bigg K who had a lot of expectations that he did not live up to. Outside of preconceptions going into it, its a somewhat even battle but I think most people wanted to see that Head Ice or JC Bigg K and not the O-Red/John John Da Don Bigg K.
I agree with all of this.
He's always had strange mixtape-esque parts in his shit (kiwi Chrysler, nose cramp, etc..,) but hes missing the haymakers. Wheres the "Cool Runnings" level shit at?

He used to get mad because he had to stop at all because of reaction, but it added so much to his performance. In the Ice and Ill Will battles, that whole "he aint bout to beat me" and "let me go" or "c'mon man"(wanting the crowd to stop "interupting" him,) actually added to the quality of his verses. I get not wanting to stop after every line but there should be a happy median somewhere.
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 01:19 PM   #213
Neanderthol
Registered User
 
Neanderthol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,486
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeping dogs View Post
people want to see that Head Ice or JC Bigg K and not the O-Red/John John Da Don Bigg K.
This shit should be written into his upcoming contracts tbh
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 07:19 PM   #214
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost
 
PJ Sumroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Portland , OR
Posts: 4,630
Mentioned: 346 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthol View Post

John John can make any battle unwatchable, regardless of opponent.

Feel almost
I don't think truer words have ever been spoken. I think this also plays into why he wins battles ..because how do you get excited ..or even care..if your battling jjdd?
__________________
"Ginger ale and hot sauce, two things I live by"
- Action Bronson

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW


http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict



-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch
PJ Sumroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:09 PM   #215
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br
 
culturedboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,577
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
event is over but i do gotta inform y'all we live chat over all of the battles on every live event over at the dre dennis discord cause this forum shit is wild inconvenient most of the time

you literally gotta make an account and tell us who you are and then you've got access to the whole server where you can make memes about verb's hair or talk about how tech 9 would get smoked by cal in a live call with the RMBVA goats
__________________
i write about battle rap for nevercultured

click the con face to learn yourself



Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:50 PM   #216
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice
 
azhotazice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,140
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
azhotazice is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
event is over but i do gotta inform y'all we live chat over all of the battles on every live event over at the dre dennis discord cause this forum shit is wild inconvenient most of the time

you literally gotta make an account and tell us who you are and then you've got access to the whole server where you can make memes about verb's hair or talk about how tech 9 would get smoked by cal in a live call with the RMBVA goats
I want in
__________________
Only fair to warn I was born with a set of horns
azhotazice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 03:06 AM   #217
iamHBY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,306
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Finally catching up on all the battles with the VOD, here's my reflex reactions to all the battles just off of first watch.

For Mike/YK, I have YK taking it rather clearly in a 3-0 edge. YK had some somewhat solid material consistently throughout the battle, while for the most part it seemed like Mike would have some decent concepts but not really build up to anything that crazy (although I did like the Indiana Jones bar in the 3rd).

For Cortez/O-Red, I think that ended up being the best overall and most competitive battle of the night. I had Cortez taking the 1st, O-Red taking the 2nd (although he did rap for way longer than Cortez did in the 2nd and 3rd), and then the 3rd is super debatable to me, with Cortez having a really solid round, but O-Red having two of the best moments of the entire battle with the Sub-Zero finisher bar and the DMX sequence. If you think Cortez won, you can make a good case for that, and if you think O-Red won, you can make a good case for that as well).

For Nitty/JJDD, I have Nitty taking it 2-1. I thought Nitty's 1st started off hot then declined somewhat abruptly, while JJDD's 1st started off slow but found a good groove midway through. However, I thought Nitty was consistently better in the last 2 rounds, while JJDD's approaches and lines were kind of hit or miss for the rest of the battle.

For K/Top, this might be unpopular, but I have Bigg K edging every round slightly in this battle. To me, K had a better 1st round where he had stuff like that Skywalker/fly swatter segment that was pretty cool, and I thought his 3rd was a tiny more compelling than Top's 3rd. If you give Top the 2nd, I'm not mad, that was kind of a tossup round from both of them, but I edged it ever so slightly to K for stuff like the Diddy Kong and Bartenders bar.

For Verb/Twork, I had Verb with a clear 2-1 in the 1st and 2nd, while Twork got the 3rd. Obviously Verb got the 1st by default thanks in part to Twork abruptly ending his 1st round, and Verb's 2nd round to me might have some of his best writing in awhile with stuff like the children's movie bar. However, I think Twork definitely took the 3rd and I thought he ended his round rather effectively, while Verb took a meh approach to something that could've been a solid angle.

Ars/Hollow was a clear 3-0 for Hollow, I thought Hollow broke Ars down pretty effectively, and threw Ars off in a way that had him out of his element for the first time in awhile. Definitely the most complete 3 round performance from Hollow I've seen in a minute, while it seemed like Ars had maybe changed up stuff a little too much after the press conference.

Overall, I thought it was a decent event. It may have not had that Iron/Nitty moment, but there were some solid performances throughout the event, and I have to give props to URL for throwing a card with quite a few battles that fans had been wanting to see for a long time.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 04:17 AM   #218
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser
 
cripplesunday1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Tea n Crumpets
Posts: 2,433
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
event is over but i do gotta inform y'all we live chat over all of th......
Oh really. I wasn't aware.
__________________
It's all subjective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 04:59 AM   #219
Sky2real
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,131
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post

For Cortez/O-Red, I think that ended up being the best overall and most competitive battle of the night. I had Cortez taking the 1st


Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
For K/Top, this might be unpopular, but I have Bigg K edging every round slightly in this battle.


Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
For Verb/Twork, I had Verb with a clear 2-1 in the 1st and 2nd, while Twork got the 3rd.
__________________
Ain't nothin wrong wit a little shootin, so long as the right people get shot. - Osolo
Sky2real is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 05:01 AM   #220
iamHBY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,306
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky2real View Post






Specifically with Verb/Twork, stuff like the children's movie bar and that whole "shirt something/urn something" segment was way more compelling and creative to me than watching Keke Hardbody and whoever that dude was next to Twork overhyping some really mediocre material of his just to help him regain momentum he lost after a really bad choke.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 06:28 AM   #221
Sky2real
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,131
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
Specifically with Verb/Twork, stuff like the children's movie bar and that whole "shirt something/urn something" segment was way more compelling and creative to me than watching Keke Hardbody and whoever that dude was next to Twork overhyping some really mediocre material of his just to help him regain momentum he lost after a really bad choke.
I ainít too mad at that. The Verb/Twork battle is the most understandable. It could certainly come down to preference. It will be 2-1 either way depending on the second. Fair enough.

However, Iíd like to know why you thought Cortez won the first against Red. Redís first was one of the best first rounds Iíve heard in battle rap.
__________________
Ain't nothin wrong wit a little shootin, so long as the right people get shot. - Osolo
Sky2real is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 06:46 AM   #222
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice
 
azhotazice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,140
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
azhotazice is not the worst person
Just finished YK V Mike P.
Calling a pretty clear 21 for YK, Mike took the third and got hella cocky through YK’s third but at least he got to save face not getting 30’ed.
When he’s on he’s on by YK got the first two for sure.

T Top 21 on Bigg K, I’m probably giving K the last round. I was really really looking forward to his return on Smack and to see him lose to T Top was disheartening.

Hollow with the 21 on Ars (Rounds 1/3) I’m giving Ars the 2nd round.

Haven’t seen the rest of the battles well enough to judge but wait for it.
__________________
Only fair to warn I was born with a set of horns
azhotazice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 12:04 PM   #223
sleeping dogs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,652
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
Finally catching up on all the battles with the VOD, here's my reflex reactions to all the battles just off of first watch.

For Mike/YK, I have YK taking it rather clearly in a 3-0 edge. YK had some somewhat solid material consistently throughout the battle, while for the most part it seemed like Mike would have some decent concepts but not really build up to anything that crazy (although I did like the Indiana Jones bar in the 3rd).

For Cortez/O-Red, I think that ended up being the best overall and most competitive battle of the night. I had Cortez taking the 1st, O-Red taking the 2nd (although he did rap for way longer than Cortez did in the 2nd and 3rd), and then the 3rd is super debatable to me, with Cortez having a really solid round, but O-Red having two of the best moments of the entire battle with the Sub-Zero finisher bar and the DMX sequence. If you think Cortez won, you can make a good case for that, and if you think O-Red won, you can make a good case for that as well).

For Nitty/JJDD, I have Nitty taking it 2-1. I thought Nitty's 1st started off hot then declined somewhat abruptly, while JJDD's 1st started off slow but found a good groove midway through. However, I thought Nitty was consistently better in the last 2 rounds, while JJDD's approaches and lines were kind of hit or miss for the rest of the battle.

For K/Top, this might be unpopular, but I have Bigg K edging every round slightly in this battle. To me, K had a better 1st round where he had stuff like that Skywalker/fly swatter segment that was pretty cool, and I thought his 3rd was a tiny more compelling than Top's 3rd. If you give Top the 2nd, I'm not mad, that was kind of a tossup round from both of them, but I edged it ever so slightly to K for stuff like the Diddy Kong and Bartenders bar.

For Verb/Twork, I had Verb with a clear 2-1 in the 1st and 2nd, while Twork got the 3rd. Obviously Verb got the 1st by default thanks in part to Twork abruptly ending his 1st round, and Verb's 2nd round to me might have some of his best writing in awhile with stuff like the children's movie bar. However, I think Twork definitely took the 3rd and I thought he ended his round rather effectively, while Verb took a meh approach to something that could've been a solid angle.

Ars/Hollow was a clear 3-0 for Hollow, I thought Hollow broke Ars down pretty effectively, and threw Ars off in a way that had him out of his element for the first time in awhile. Definitely the most complete 3 round performance from Hollow I've seen in a minute, while it seemed like Ars had maybe changed up stuff a little too much after the press conference.

Overall, I thought it was a decent event. It may have not had that Iron/Nitty moment, but there were some solid performances throughout the event, and I have to give props to URL for throwing a card with quite a few battles that fans had been wanting to see for a long time.
Bigg K is in my top five and I know Sky2Real also rates him and we both gave T-Top the battle pretty clearly. T-top wasn't great but Bigg K was on some T-Rex mixtape shit with a couple cool lines and a few decent jokes.
__________________
"say 'his style is very painterly' but paintings not an art
art is tricking you with statements that the painter's painting art
without an explanation it's just pretty little marks
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, hollow, loaded lux, soul
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 03:11 PM   #224
Casual
Registered User
 
Casual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10,580
Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeping dogs View Post
Bigg K is in my top five and I know Sky2Real also rates him and we both gave T-Top the battle pretty clearly. T-top wasn't great but Bigg K was on some T-Rex mixtape shit with a couple cool lines and a few decent jokes.
Yeah. I'm probably one of the biggest Bigg K fans on here. And I've given him his pass for using mixtape bars against clowns like JJDD but man he really chose the wrong battle to come with his mixtape bars.

First return to Smack, in a small room, and he doesn't have a single room shaker? The crowd wanted to react too, wasn't like they were hating.

His best bar was "Can't be that small...he in here".


Anyway. Top sucked too but he won. I guess.
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 03:27 PM   #225
iamHBY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,306
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Yeah. I'm probably one of the biggest Bigg K fans on here. And I've given him his pass for using mixtape bars against clowns like JJDD but man he really chose the wrong battle to come with his mixtape bars.

First return to Smack, in a small room, and he doesn't have a single room shaker? The crowd wanted to react too, wasn't like they were hating.

His best bar was "Can't be that small...he in here".


Anyway. Top sucked too but he won. I guess.
I thought the "All this cocaine music/Cocaine Muzik, well where the money bag yo/Moneybagg Yo?" line in the 3rd was pretty solid. Also, I thought Top's approach to the camping video was weird, as well as him saying that Bigg K's battle against Conceited was on KOTD.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 03:29 PM   #226
Casual
Registered User
 
Casual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10,580
Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I thought the "All this cocaine music/Cocaine Muzik, well where the money bag yo/Moneybagg Yo?" line in the 3rd was pretty solid. Also, I thought Top's approach to the camping video was weird, as well as him saying that Bigg K's battle against Conceited was on KOTD.
Oh yeah. Top wasn't exactly much better.

I could see you giving it to K.

It's one of those battles where both kinda lost to me.
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 04:13 PM   #227
sleeping dogs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,652
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Oh yeah. Top wasn't exactly much better.

I could see you giving it to K.

It's one of those battles where both kinda lost to me.
Yeah its not like Bigg K didn't have time to prep and he's had good material on short prep before (vs Real Deal). I doubt we'll be seeing him on URL again anytime soon.
__________________
"say 'his style is very painterly' but paintings not an art
art is tricking you with statements that the painter's painting art
without an explanation it's just pretty little marks
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, hollow, loaded lux, soul
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 05:18 PM   #228
iamHBY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,306
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Oh yeah. Top wasn't exactly much better.

I could see you giving it to K.

It's one of those battles where both kinda lost to me.
I think also I went into watching the battle with somewhat high expectations after seeing recaps that had Top bodying K, only to find the battle somewhat underwhelming in general.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 07:10 PM   #229
Defcee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Defcee is not the worst person
I actually enjoyed all the battles I've watched thus far (still haven't seen Nitty/JJDD and YK/Mike P), Top/K included. The crowd seemed lukewarm, and it didn't necessarily come across as being the battlers' fault as much as their material wasn't what people in that small room were looking for. Maybe that's just me, though. I don't mind the mixtape verses as long as they're dope, but I understand why people looking for material that hits more directly would be disappointed. The only cringeworthy bar was the O-Red 6ix9ine joint, which was the only dud in an otherwise fire battle.
Defcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
8217, url


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
Forum Stats
Members: 5,540
Threads: 27,057
Posts: 732,130
Total Online: 1669

Newest Member: Mindscribe

Latest Threads
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by Chk82
- by iamHBY
- by Chk82
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:58 AM.