Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Diz goes in on KOTD on Periscope

Old 12-30-2017, 01:50 PM   #41
VAallDAY

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
VAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
shitttttt, dizaster destroying KOTD...

droppin truth bombs god damn
VAallDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 03:59 PM   #42
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 346 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMumbles905 View Post
Url cant take over the west as they dont fuck with the Kings of the West. The top west coast battlers are not Street battlers.

Like with the fall of GT. The west coast rappers NEED KOTD
Yeah I dont agree with this at all. URL has already done battles with Diz,Pass,B Dot, Danny Myers,Daylyt, Rum Nitty, etc all big west coast names. ..And with them recently linking up with Avocado I can see URL easily taking over the west. Are we trying to act like Traffic 3 wasnt a massive success?

I think youve got it backwards KOTD NEEDS THE WEST

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch
PJ Sumroc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 04:02 PM   #43
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Really? KOTD had a very successful year in 2017 Diz not fucking with them is more of a loss to Diz than to KOTD. People been saying KOTD won't be around to long for almost a decade now LOL
Ya, idk man, this legit looks like kotd’s worse year ever. They had only 3 events for the whole year and finished off with WD in Toronto which had, what looks to be, about 75-100 people in attendance. I heard Avirex plans on leaving, diz is leaving, head ice is getting long in the tooth

But in your following post, I agree with you — the west coast rappers need kotd because url is not putting them on. The so-called “Kings of the West” aren’t really relevant as it is, they’ll fade into obscurity without a major platform showcasing them
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 04:04 PM   #44
6000GP
tupac back

6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Sumroc View Post
Yeah I dont agree with this at all. URL has already done battles with Diz,Pass,B Dot, Danny Myers,Daylyt, Rum Nitty, etc all big west coast names. ..And with them recently linking up with Avocado I can see URL easily taking over the west. Are we trying to act like Traffic 3 wasnt a massive success?

I think youve got it backwards KOTD NEEDS THE WEST
I agree with you to a degree, but I think mumbles might’ve been talking about the old grind time or “fresh coast” guys when he was referring to “the kings of the west”. I could be wrong tho
Old 12-30-2017, 04:22 PM   #45
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
I agree with you to a degree, but I think mumbles might’ve been talking about the old grind time or “fresh coast” guys when he was referring to “the kings of the west”. I could be wrong tho
word, but thats why i mentioned people like Diz and Pass. Only a matter of time before Illmac gets a west URL matchup after that RBE performance and who knows with the right matchup Saurus could get one too.

With BOTZ,Ruin Your Day, LA Battlegroundz, Skytier NW, and now URL the whole "The west needs KOTD" statement just isnt true anymore IMO

BATTLE ADDICT

-YOUTUBE-
Old 12-30-2017, 04:30 PM   #46
Profess

Mentioned: 244 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Url cant take over the west as they dont fuck with the Kings of the West. The top west coast battlers are not Street battlers.

Like with the fall of GT. The west coast rappers NEED KOTD
Illmac about to make the transition (no Bruce Jenner)

Are you saying that keeping the current kings of the west at their status is what gives kotd their power?
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 04:33 PM   #47
Profess

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
word, but thats why i mentioned people like Diz and Pass. Only a matter of time before Illmac gets a west URL matchup after that RBE performance and who knows with the right matchup Saurus could get one too.

With BOTZ,Ruin Your Day, LA Battlegroundz, Skytier NW, and now URL the whole "The west needs KOTD" statement just isnt true anymore IMO
Couldn't agree more. Illmac recently mentioned on watch that he wants in for the upcoming bay area URL event.
Old 12-30-2017, 04:35 PM   #48
Profess

Quote:
Mumbles was talking about The Saurus probably. His match with Geechi gotti will be interesting ...
Old 12-30-2017, 04:38 PM   #49
iamHBY

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I wouldn't be surprised if Illmac vs. Brizz Rawsteen eventually happens on one of the small room SMACK events at some point in 2018.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 05:04 PM   #50
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Mumbles was talking about The Saurus probably. His match with Geechi gotti will be interesting ...

Looking forward to Geechi/Saurus. Would be dope to see Saurus on the bay area URL card

BATTLE ADDICT

-YOUTUBE-
Old 12-30-2017, 05:06 PM   #51
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Also Illmac and Geechi were joking around about doing a 2on2...that shit would be FIRE on URL West

BATTLE ADDICT

-YOUTUBE-
Old 12-30-2017, 05:24 PM   #52
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Diz 2-1 imo

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 06:16 PM   #53
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I think KOTD is safe from a total URL takeover as a lot of the talent doesn't match the brand. I doubt Fresco, Saurus, PNut, Rone etc would ever really find a longterm home on URL without changing their style and alienating their audience.

The bigger danger is someone like Diz or even Avo forming a league out in the West (Like Shox and Shotty have done in the UK). Except possibly Saurus, I doubt any of the Westcoasters really have any loyalty to KOTD.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.

Last edited by Emancee; 12-30-2017 at 06:18 PM.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 06:26 PM   #54
iamHBY

iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
I think KOTD is safe from a total URL takeover as a lot of the talent doesn't match the brand. I doubt Fresco, Saurus, PNut, Rone etc would ever really find a longterm home on URL without changing their style and alienating their audience.

The bigger danger is someone like Diz or even Avo forming a league out in the West (Like Shox and Shotty have done in the UK). Except possibly Saurus, I doubt any of the Westcoasters really have any loyalty to KOTD.
Wait, what league did Shox form out in the UK? Chalked Out Battles?
Old 12-30-2017, 06:50 PM   #55
god level

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
Haven't watched yet but this is already fire
god level is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 08:38 PM   #56
r3flex

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
r3flex is not the worst person
This is what happens when people think they're "bosses" but don't know actual business. So he signed a deal to battle where he took a cut in pay. So? That happens all the time. If you agreed to it, then you agreed. Next time don't agree. Then he signed said deal without a back end deal that would've given him a percentage of ppv, gate, adsense, etc.?

So he sees how successful it was AFTER the fact and wants more money that wasn't in the original contract? That's not how it works. He got Barry Gordy'd. Wrote a song, sold it to motown for $100, the song went platinum and now he wants more money? Doesn't work that way.
r3flex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 08:46 PM   #57
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Lmk when the third eppy drops

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 08:48 PM   #58
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
Wait, what league did Shox form out in the UK? Chalked Out Battles?
Yeah, pretty sure Shox is one of the two owners of that league
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:06 PM   #59
ICeeZeeI
Oliver ClothesOff

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
ICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time AustraliaICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time Australia
URL has him for a couple more battles............So what happens after he ruins all of them?

LMFAO
ICeeZeeI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 09:15 PM   #60
iamHBY

Quote:
Yeah, pretty sure Shox is one of the two owners of that league
Duly noted then. I knew Danny Jacq owned Code Red, and that Shotty is one of the people behind Premier, cool to know that Shox is one of the owners of Chalked Out (especially since they have a cool card coming up in February).
Old 12-31-2017, 02:09 AM   #61
Profess

Quote:
Looking forward to Geechi/Saurus. Would be dope to see Saurus on the bay area URL card
It would be a shame if he wasn't. Saurus gets a bad rap with the smack crowd.
Old 12-31-2017, 02:25 AM   #62
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
So Fresco bought GT but Diz claims is was by proxy for KOTD-hmmn interesting
I understand Diz is mad cuz he wanted to buy GT but oh well it aint happen but why he would think he should somehow own rights to his footage when he wasn't the one to buy it is beyond me

Honestly if KOTD is going to keep on saying nothing on the subject then this is a clear body of KOTD by Diz

I think he needs medical help
I think he is confused about how business works; this is akin to Triple H getting pissed every time an action figure is bought BUT in this particular game:mums the word=you lose

all the groups are spreading these around like Diz is speaking the gospel; people that don't usually een fuck wit Diz at all

KOTD lookin shaky baby
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 09:26 AM   #63
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
azhotazice is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
The guy is really unbearable...

Are people involved in battle rap ever aware that there are other career paths available?
Easy to say when you haven’t dedicated your whole life to it, no one has done more for battle rap as a whole than him.
Old 12-31-2017, 10:38 AM   #64
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhotazice View Post
Easy to say when you haven’t dedicated your whole life to it, no one has done more for battle rap as a whole than him.
I agree with the first part. If someone offered me like 20 stacks to write man poems on top of my regular job, I would be all about that.

The second part though confuses me. Diz is important for sure, but Lush, Ganik, Smack, Beasley, hell even Bishop are far more important than Diz. Even as battlers go, regarding contributions to da culture Arsonal is infinitely more important. Arsonal brought us Lux vs Hollow; Diz brought us Caddy dressed as a KKK grand wizard getting paintballed by Daylyt...
Old 12-31-2017, 10:40 AM   #65
Emancee

Quote:
Arsonal brought us Lux vs Hollow; Diz brought us Caddy dressed as a KKK grand wizard getting paintballed by Daylyt...
Also a metaphor for their careers as a whole, lol.
Old 12-31-2017, 05:52 PM   #66
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
azhotazice is not the worst person
Quote:
I agree with the first part. If someone offered me like 20 stacks to write man poems on top of my regular job, I would be all about that.

The second part though confuses me. Diz is important for sure, but Lush, Ganik, Smack, Beasley, hell even Bishop are far more important than Diz. Even as battlers go, regarding contributions to da culture Arsonal is infinitely more important. Arsonal brought us Lux vs Hollow; Diz brought us Caddy dressed as a KKK grand wizard getting paintballed by Daylyt...
I mean like he’s rapped in other countries and other languages for the sake of getting paid and further exposing battle rap in parts of the world like Germany, Russia, The Phillipines and The Middle East. Battled all the big name artists he’s one of the few as much as you hate he embodies this shit.
Old 12-31-2017, 05:55 PM   #67
Bruceleroy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Bruceleroy is a PY Poster
Diz really doubling down on using the n word.
Bruceleroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 07:21 PM   #68
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Arsonal brought us Lux vs Hollow; Diz brought us Caddy dressed as a KKK grand wizard getting paintballed by Daylyt...
lmaooooo
JC
All Day is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 10:55 PM   #69
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthol View Post
So Fresco bought GT
Fresco bought GT?
Old 12-31-2017, 11:42 PM   #70
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Fresco bought GT?
Ya, what’s this about? Source?
Old 01-01-2018, 12:20 AM   #71
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Quote:
yeah Maddillz sold GT to Fresco and Wird Of Play. It was pretty common knowledge for minute there. At one point they got in an argument with Mosh Jelton and privated several of his battles ...I only heard about it on Talkback before leaving the group

BATTLE ADDICT

-YOUTUBE-
Old 01-01-2018, 12:21 AM   #72
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Maddillz was just talking about selling to Fresco on his twitter the other day too I believe

BATTLE ADDICT

-YOUTUBE-
Old 01-01-2018, 01:31 AM   #73
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
yeah Maddillz sold GT to Fresco and Wird Of Play. It was pretty common knowledge for minute there. At one point they got in an argument with Mosh Jelton and privated several of his battles ...I only heard about it on Talkback before leaving the group

Huh... have they talked about any plans for it? Or is nothing gonna change?
Old 01-01-2018, 01:36 AM   #74
iamHBY

Quote:
Maddillz was just talking about selling to Fresco on his twitter the other day too I believe
I'm still trying to figure out how Fresco and Wird Of Pley got into buying leagues, and selling them to other people for a lower fee (since I believe that's what also happened with iBattle earlier this year).
Old 01-01-2018, 03:14 AM   #75
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Quote:
Huh... have they talked about any plans for it? Or is nothing gonna change?
no idea, ive heard nothing since they purchased it

BATTLE ADDICT

-YOUTUBE-
Old 01-01-2018, 05:33 PM   #76
swishcheese

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
swishcheese is not the worst person
On one hand, I understand where Diz is coming from. He's probably strapped for money and it's coming at a time where he's finding out how much he really could have - and should have - been pulling in from KOTD. And with getting lowballed by the Oxy battle, I can empathize how torn he must be feeling inside, especially with how important he thinks he was/is to KOTD.

On the other hand, I'm not really a fan of Diz as a rapper or an artist. Who are all these people buying PPV to watch him? He's totally gassed himself with statements like that. Making ultimatums on youtube and creating long-ass videos where you act dramatic for 15+ min is a REALLY desperate look and doesn't make him a sympathetic figure. And the lack of accountability in these videos is stark in contrast to his charges against KOTD. I mean, it takes 2 parties to put a contract in affect, so by signing your name, you did it to yourself. You have to at least acknowledge some responsibility on that if you want me to give you a charitable hearing
swishcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 06:12 PM   #77
Neanderthol

Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:

LOL when I was looking for this I saw lots of hilarity on Mad Illz page, the extended full version of the above convo with Debo (shitting on Drect,) strange epiphanies, and a Diz-esque multi-post rant on Lush, calling him out for a MMA type fight LMAO-BR stays on one nowadays

Last edited by Neanderthol; 01-01-2018 at 06:15 PM.
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 06:55 PM   #78
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthol View Post
https://twitter.com/MADDILLZ/status/946887253791473664

https://twitter.com/MADDILLZ/status/946888783416487941

LOL when I was looking for this I saw lots of hilarity on Mad Illz page, the extended full version of the above convo with Debo (shitting on Drect,) strange epiphanies, and a Diz-esque multi-post rant on Lush, calling him out for a MMA type fight LMAO-BR stays on one nowadays
yeah i saw him ranting about Lush not accepting his MMA challenge..claiming that him and his backers would even pay him $10k lol

BATTLE ADDICT

-YOUTUBE-
Old 01-01-2018, 07:40 PM   #79
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Quote:
Correct

Te King of the Fresch Coast are still the Thesaurus Illmac and those.

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 07:47 PM   #80
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Quote:

This is how I see it as well.

If Avo formed a FreshCoast League. That would be trouble for KOTD

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8217, 8220, 8221