Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Battle KOTD - Iron Solomon vs Illmaculate | #WD7 (MERRY X-MAS)

View Poll Results: Who won?
Iron Solomon 5 15.63%
Illmaculate 27 84.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2018, 05:11 PM   #41
iamHBY

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
This happened in LA.
In front of a bunch of Russians.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 05:28 PM   #42
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
In front of a bunch of Russians.
I wasn't commenting on whether they would get the reference or not but I wouldn't assume that they didn't just because they are Russian either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
there is no point of rewinding 5 times that 7 guys molested okwerdz family 11 times.
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:51 PM   #43
Lebron Jereurghmy
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿(⌐■.■)

Mentioned: 237 Post(s)
Lebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICE
i really liked that iron had that extra intensity it really made this feel like a grudge match but illmac won this 3-0 he just picked iron apart. is it just me or does it seem like iron watches a lot of rone battles?

Last edited by Lebron Jereurghmy; 01-03-2018 at 07:54 PM.
Lebron Jereurghmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 04:12 AM   #44
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Yeah, lol.90% of TO-fans probably think Madchild invented hiphop and Charron is old school.
i'm an old grizzled grump hip hop retired backpacker from NJ and I had to think about it

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 04:17 AM   #45
iamHBY

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
I wasn't commenting on whether they would get the reference or not but I wouldn't assume that they didn't just because they are Russian either.
Sorry, it's a reflex for anything that got reaction at the WD7 day in L.A. for me to be like, "The crowd was mostly Russian," whether it's positive or negative. There were so many Russians there.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 09:59 AM   #46
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
Sorry, it's a reflex for anything that got reaction at the WD7 day in L.A. for me to be like, "The crowd was mostly Russian," whether it's positive or negative. There were so many Russians there.
Haha I hear you, must have been pretty crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
there is no point of rewinding 5 times that 7 guys molested okwerdz family 11 times.
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:10 AM   #47
JR77

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonal View Post
If Iron Solomon vs Illmaculate came out in 2008-2011 it probably would have been a battle I would have watched over and over again.

In 2017 it was tedious, like all battles with well-known veterans and I don't care to pick a winner. This battle was another history lesson with critical analysis of issues going back 10 years to the moment of transition from freestyle to written battles. They really dive into this material and open up the field to a rich discourse. *rolls eyes*

Other than that this became the critical breakdown of eachother's moral character that so many battles are now that many of the rappers are 30-something fathers. When they're not getting serious on the issues it's the boring multi-meaning wordplay that every single rapper does now, where every multiple meaning is so obvious and it makes me miss the days when Iron vs Illmac would have been 3 60 minute rounds multi-syllable short vs jewish nerd jokes.
The problem is that the character breakdowns are both forced as hell and executed as if "exposing" somehow wins battles. You lost a title match! You're not poor! Your style vaguely resembles mine! You don't make music! You said this and then did it yourself!

Yeah, you've really convinced me that the other guy is not a morally upstanding citizen and does not deserve my vote.

Which sucks even more when both guys are actually good battle rappers, and could have put on something way more entertaining.

But props to Illmac for going full grindtime with the timestamps in the 3rd round.
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:56 AM   #48
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
irvsykeg is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR77 View Post
The problem is that the character breakdowns are both forced as hell and executed as if "exposing" somehow wins battles. You lost a title match! You're not poor! Your style vaguely resembles mine! You don't make music! You said this and then did it yourself!

Yeah, you've really convinced me that the other guy is not a morally upstanding citizen and does not deserve my vote.

Which sucks even more when both guys are actually good battle rappers, and could have put on something way more entertaining.

But props to Illmac for going full grindtime with the timestamps in the 3rd round.
yeah thats why i like when greg battles generic dudes like jc or chilla cuz he can just rap random dope battle shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrist View Post
that easter island line was fire...

also there's no way 90% of the people that cheered got that Nice and Smooth line.....

but jesus Illmac...this was brutal....that "when he see's the word so" thing was so slept on...crowd is really weird as usual.....

i had a good time
what line was easter island one?
irvsykeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:07 PM   #49
Carl Spackler
Cinderella story

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Carl Spackler is better than Grind Time AustraliaCarl Spackler is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post
what line was easter island one?
This clown could never fuck with me, permanent friend zone. Easter Island, I will give your whole circle a headstone.

Carl Spackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 05:24 AM   #50
irvsykeg

i think he's confusing moai with stonehenge since moai aren't traditionally in circles but whatever I GOT AN EVEN BETTER EASTER ISLAND LINE TRUST ME
Old 01-09-2018, 03:46 AM   #51
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Well i enjoyed it!

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 09:23 PM   #52
irvsykeg

yeah maybe if i was also uneducated on the structure of moai i might enjoy it too!

Tags
8217, 8220, 8221, wd7