Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Original Content Mook's Total Slaughter performance was good

Old 05-10-2020, 06:55 AM   #1
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Mook's Total Slaughter performance was good

His first was good and his third was great. The material was almost completely direct and most of his angles were strong. The Busta segment is a classic. His writing wasn't technically great. There were more than a few bad punches, but they didn't take away from the angles getting over. And the energy throughout the rounds was fire. Battle rap is missing character nowadays.

His second was bad. But when you consider his first and third, it's a solid performance.

It's kinda crazy how this board loved the best of Grind Time and hated Mook vs Lux when they're both similar. I guess it's not that crazy since it's cool to hate Mook.

Last edited by peace; 05-10-2020 at 07:00 AM.
peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 09:31 AM   #2
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
His first was good and his third was great. The material was almost completely direct and most of his angles were strong. The Busta segment is a classic. His writing wasn't technically great. There were more than a few bad punches, but they didn't take away from the angles getting over. And the energy throughout the rounds was fire. Battle rap is missing character nowadays.

His second was bad. But when you consider his first and third, it's a solid performance.

It's kinda crazy how this board loved the best of Grind Time and hated Mook vs Lux when they're both similar. I guess it's not that crazy since it's cool to hate Mook.

Honestly the only thing i remember from that battle was the more hypocritical than a dying hippo , might have to rewatch it to confirm if i wrote that battle off too early
Old 05-10-2020, 09:34 AM   #3
clapburn

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
clapburn is a PY Poster
No. The battle was so bad it gave me cancer. Glad u enjoyed it
clapburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 10:44 AM   #4
Emancee

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy View Post
Honestly the only thing i remember from that battle was the more hypocritical than a dying hippo , might have to rewatch it to confirm if i wrote that battle off too early
Haha! Love the fact that Peace is trying to work out why everyone wrote Mook off after that battle. Erm, that's probably the reason.

That line was actually where I turned it off, so might have to check whether the 3rd was actually worth watching or not. I don't remember Mook's first being anything special though.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 10:53 AM   #5
ThaDiz
A bump bump bump

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ThaDiz is not the worst person
I've been back twice since my initial watch to try to make it through and couldn't last a round either time, might try again but I really remember this being just fucking awful tbh.
ThaDiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 01:22 PM   #6
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Mook had a good performance but shitty bars.... he was smart though, he had easily digestible material for the crowd of n00bs whereas lux was rambling and mook called him out for rambling. lux deserved to lose but mook didnt really impress.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. surf
5. geechi
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 02:05 PM   #7
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
that's a pretty weak argument, Mook v Lux was similar to a GrindTime battle, so why like GrindTime if you don't like Mook's performance v Lux - it must be because it's "cool" to hate on Mook ?

There's a lot of hot garbage on GrindTime but plenty of good battles too. i just dunno what is compelling about that
Feral Linguist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 02:16 PM   #8
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
this board DOES seem to love grindtime and tht shit has aged horribly

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. surf
5. geechi
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 02:58 PM   #9
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Haha! Love the fact that Peace is trying to work out why everyone wrote Mook off after that battle. Erm, that's probably the reason.

That line was actually where I turned it off, so might have to check whether the 3rd was actually worth watching or not. I don't remember Mook's first being anything special though.
I mean, "He said a horrible punchline so the performance wasn't good at all LOL!" is exactly what I was getting at. Pretty evident.
peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 08:12 PM   #10
iamHBY

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I think the "mandate/man date" line Mook had in the 2nd might be worse than the dying hippopotamus bar.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 09:04 PM   #11
StankDaddy

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
StankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
this board DOES seem to love grindtime and tht shit has aged horribly
It really depends who and what match up you're talking about. Something like Real Deal/Cortez or 24/7 vs Caustic, Diz vs Swave... a whole load of great battles. The format just evolved (imo to a fault) toward 2 hours battles where no one says anything directly to their opponent and just tries to use words they don't actually know.

I mean, you're sifting out 70% of it but that's true of all leagues really.
StankDaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 09:51 PM   #12
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
alright, i started watchin Mook v Lux and he has a lot of hot trash aside from dyin hippopotamus

Light work like electricians...
Moses, staff, part of the whole sea..
I'm a busboy nigga, that mean I can't wait (????)
lmaoooo 'tricked by a tranny Lux... isa man date....

i dont think i wanna go on any longer

plus he hates on Lux for having his hands on his hips, and puts his hands on his own hips... he's trash
Feral Linguist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 01:41 AM   #13
Sky2real

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
Lux won 3-0 in a disappointing battle. The absolute worst battle crowd of any major battle. Horrible event and Eminem/slaughterhouse/Sway made a complete mockery of battle rap.
Old 05-11-2020, 01:53 AM   #14
Profess
become the conspiracy

Mentioned: 257 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
vs Young Hot is Mook's best battle

Profess is online now   Reply With Quote