Originally Posted by el gordo View Post
here's an announcement letting you know we wil not be making any announcements
isnt it better than an announcement of another announcement? lol
King Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:48 AM   #42
ukallday
We FUCK THAT

Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
ukallday is better than Grind Time Australiaukallday is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Fly View Post
just know there are a couple highly requested battles on this card
Just wondering if the battlers involved have a confidentiality clause in their contracts?

Also are you planning to release the names in brackets eg these 8 battles will = 4battles or is it just releasing which names on which day and that's it.

Would be cool if kotd ran a competition to see who can predict the most matchups correctly with a prize of some sort.
ukallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:48 AM   #43
Gopher D'Gusto

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Gopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
just know there are a couple highly requested battles on this card
Bender vs Big T confirmed.
Gopher D'Gusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:49 AM   #44
Casual

Mentioned: 452 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:
well technically you're just announcing that in addition to announcing all the individual battlers in the coming weeks, you'll also be announcing their matchups at the event.

nice try though kingfly.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:49 AM   #45
el gordo
part time head turner..

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
el gordo is not the worst person
Quote:
haha true. it's a great idea though. it'll get Twitter and the forums crackin

w/e
el gordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:52 AM   #46
Bigzero

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Bigzero is not the worst person
Who came up with this idea?

this event is taking place in the same weekend as one of the most anticipated matchups which is Hollow vs Lux and yall are taking a risk in one of yall best cards ever(as said by Organik)?

Makes no sense, but i will buy the ppv so dont let me down and dont make Uno Lavoz the Co-main event!
Bigzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:53 AM   #47
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
azhotazice is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopher D'Gusto View Post
Bender vs Big T confirmed.
Big T would eat em he could barely catch his breath and lacked momentum with Dirt.

Great writer tho
Old 12-02-2013, 05:55 AM   #48
Casual

Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by azhotazice View Post
Big T would eat em he could barely catch his breath and lacked momentum with Dirt.

Great writer tho

pew pew.

pew pew pew.

boom boom.

rah rah rah

binnggggggggg

puh puh puh puh

blaowwwwwwwwwww

boo boo boo blocka

fla fla fla flocka
Old 12-02-2013, 05:55 AM   #49
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Mentioned: 637 Post(s)
King Fly is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukallday View Post
Just wondering if the battlers involved have a confidentiality clause in their contracts?

Also are you planning to release the names in brackets eg these 8 battles will = 4battles or is it just releasing which names on which day and that's it.

Would be cool if kotd ran a competition to see who can predict the most matchups correctly with a prize of some sort.
yes they all have a confidentiality clause as well as a couple other performance based clauses.

We're not even sure if we are going to tell you what day each person is battling on.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:57 AM   #50
Casual

Quote:
yes they all have a confidentiality clause as well as a couple other performance based clauses.

We're not even sure if we are going to tell you what day each person is battling on.
isn't it gonna be like BOTB? ie. the undercard shit is the day before? that'll make it easy to figure out. uno lavoz is obviously day 1.

or is it more WD where the battles are spread out...
Old 12-02-2013, 05:57 AM   #51
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Deuce View Post
Yeah, I think the prior knowledge of the gimmick is important. With UW people can get annoyed on some "i have to wait a week to see who he's battling" but with this, that's never the thought here so maybe that'll help
Well King Fly said in the other thread that they were planning on spacing out the battler announcements to 2 per week so there could still be the same effect.

Personally, I think it works better from a fan perspective to know the card all at once or in large chunks like with BOTB6, rather than a slow drip feed, at least in terms of building hype.

Even in this situation, if they let all the names out at once I think it would be better, especially since with the large events like Blackout, some people might want to travel there and being able to know the card to potentially make plans to travel (book a flight, hotel, take off work, etc.) in advance is a big part being able to make your own judgement rather than trusting a league to put something together that you want to see.

Just saying, it's the sort of topic that comes up time and time again with highly anticipated events that are known months in advance but announcements of the card are delayed. I was thinking about flying out for SM3 way early on assuming URL would try to top SM2 and that Hollow vs Lux was one of the battles. I'm glad I didn't tbh.
JOBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:00 AM   #52
Water Mage

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Water Mage is not the worst person
I understand why some people are lukewarm to this "experiment".. But I am hoping the pay off will be worth it.. from a fans perspective, it could be like Christmas morning.

Plus I would be interested to see the effect that this experiment has on crowd reaction. The surprise factor could get the crowd really hyped and that could make for some great footage.
Water Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:01 AM   #53
Paul Robeson
Loe Pesci's Biggest Fan

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Paul Robeson is not the worst person
I think this is fuckin awesome honestly

Hope I can be in the building for this one
Top Ten White People: 1. Norman Bethune 2. Vladimir Lenin 3. Abraham Lincoln 4. George Carlin 5. John Brown 6. Frank Thompson 7. Lyudmila Pavlichenko 8. Anna Louise Strong 9. Woody Guthrie 10. Tadeusz Kościuszko
Paul Robeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:02 AM   #54
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
isn't it gonna be like BOTB? ie. the undercard shit is the day before? that'll make it easy to figure out. uno lavoz is obviously day 1.

or is it more WD where the battles are spread out...
more like WD4
Old 12-02-2013, 06:02 AM   #55
Shoryuken
Ken Masters

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Shoryuken is not the worst person
KOTD doing it big..
'You think you dope 'cause you spit jokes about dicks and gay rectums.. You just as wack as them smack rappers, but on the opposite end of the same spectrum. See over there its gun talk, and over here its cracking jokes, but in the middle its the real MCs that are dope enough to master both!'
-Locksmith
Shoryuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:08 AM   #56
JOBone
Seasoned fan

JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopher D'Gusto View Post
Yeah, I guess so. I just think it'll lead to less disappointment since it's being set up so mysteriously.
Or it might lead to more disappointment.

ie. (to use an example from this thread)

-Bender and Big T announced to both be battling on the card

-Battles announced at the event:

Bender vs Uno Lavoz and Big T vs Fingaz

Old 12-02-2013, 06:08 AM   #57
brocavic

brocavic is a PY Poster
Quote:
more like WD4
How many battles are on the card?
brocavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:13 AM   #58
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
this is a cool idea, im rockin with it.
mike rigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:14 AM   #59
Franklin Drebin
Police Squad

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Franklin Drebin is better than Grind Time AustraliaFranklin Drebin is better than Grind Time Australia
I like it. It's like a rigged spin the mic. The lights should dim in the club like The Undertaker was about to walk out, then after a few seconds they suddenly come back on and the two battlers are in the pit. Huge reactions.

Especially if you guys could book The Undertaker.
Franklin Drebin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:15 AM   #60
Paul Robeson
Loe Pesci's Biggest Fan

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Paul Robeson is not the worst person
Big T vs Scott Jackson plz
Top Ten White People: 1. Norman Bethune 2. Vladimir Lenin 3. Abraham Lincoln 4. George Carlin 5. John Brown 6. Frank Thompson 7. Lyudmila Pavlichenko 8. Anna Louise Strong 9. Woody Guthrie 10. Tadeusz Kościuszko
Paul Robeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:18 AM   #61
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Plus I would be interested to see the effect that this experiment has on crowd reaction. The surprise factor could get the crowd really hyped and that could make for some great footage.
Good point. I think as much as people wanted to see DNA vs Charron, the surprise element probably added to how excited people were in the building.

Should at least be interesting to see if it does change how people perceive a battle.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:21 AM   #62
JOBone
Seasoned fan

@King Fly, didn't you guys say you were planning to do a press conference for BO4?

Or am I imagining things?
Old 12-02-2013, 06:22 AM   #63
RemBla
Ruger Palmer

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
RemBla is not the worst person
This is a dope idea. Organik stays being the best uhh "battle CEO" for lack of a better term. He is always thinking outside the box, I really like this

Although I am not really sure how the press conference will turn out, since nobody can say who they are battling and shit. So that might be kinda pointless to have it, but we will see how they do it
Old 12-02-2013, 06:27 AM   #64
whitebait
Handgun w/the rubber grip

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
whitebait is a PY Poster
If QP is in the list of battlers I will assume every battle is someone vs QP.
whitebait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:33 AM   #65
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocavic View Post
How many battles are on the card?
16 i believe
8 each day
Old 12-02-2013, 06:33 AM   #66
WillyRotel

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
WillyRotel is a PY Poster
this is actually aprettycool idea
WillyRotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:34 AM   #67
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOBone View Post
@King Fly, didn't you guys say you were planning to do a press conference for BO4?

Or am I imagining things?
we are, but like @RemBla mentioned, we still working on exactly how it will work with this new twist
Old 12-02-2013, 06:35 AM   #68
brocavic

brocavic is a PY Poster
Quote:
16 i believe
8 each day
Props
brocavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:37 AM   #69
JustJ123

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Dope idea.

I think people hating on it are just impatient. Which is cool. Admittedly I was a bit disappointed not to get an announcement of another battle out of the video.

But I fucks with this idea.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:38 AM   #70
illipsis
Hal Jordan of Recordin'

Mentioned: 478 Post(s)
illipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarctica
This is a really exciting concept tbh. I like this. The game needs this sort innovation to avoid stagnation. With that being said: I've never seen the argument for live PPV...it's never been a deal-breaker for me that they're the day after, gives more time for a crisp product and let's the hype get out a bit. I've never understood in the past why people would refuse to get the PPV just because it was aired a day later. With that being said, with this announcement format, there's a definite advantage to the live stream so that the home audience is given the same experience of surprise as the in-person attendants. Will cop regardless, and I'm stoked to see what Ganik is saying is the best card thus far, but that's got to be an argument that's being considered at this point.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:43 AM   #71
KBomb
2dope4you

Mentioned: 1551 Post(s)
KBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICE
this is dope as fuck. definitely gonna try to be in the house for this one

but con go line made a don demarco come out my speakers for no reason
KBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:49 AM   #72
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 834 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
This idea is cool with me. There's still hype because everyone's gonna know who the rappers are that are going to be there, but now there will be endless speculation as to what the matches are, people will be talking about it a lot trying to guess the battles, people will say they have inside info and post matchups, actual matchups will definitely get leaked before the event as well. Someone will always chirp at least a battle or two, probably the rappers will tell people and it will spread to certain other people in the community and then eventually leak to the boards and whatnot, it's to be expected. Not saying every match but a few I'm sure.

Would be cool to go to this event live if ur a super fan of Kotd because the surprise factor would be cool, but if you're the type that would only go for a certain match then you might not wanna attend this one

Anyway I think they will sell just as many tickets and have just as much success with this one and it's a good idea to throw a change up to keep shit from getting stale but also not getting too gimmicky like don't flop with guitar battles and shit.
mdk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:00 AM   #73
ESEM
Yokozuna

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
ESEM is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Robeson View Post
Big T vs Scott Jackson plz
damn this shit bodied me hahaha
ESEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #74
Laugh N' Stalk
Butt Sweat Brett

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Laugh N' Stalk is better than Grind Time AustraliaLaugh N' Stalk is better than Grind Time Australia
Variety is the spice of life tbh. I like this idea. Everything is worth a try once.

MyStErY~*~*~* >>>>>>

@DrLaughNStalk on Twitter
Laugh N' Stalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:45 AM   #75
JesusOfRap
Автомат Калашникова 47

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
JesusOfRap is a PY Poster
its a cool concept, maybe fans wont have such high standards and just respect the performances. The matchup announcements at the venue will actually be more exciting then perhaps the battles themselves. im guessing some battlers will be lieing to everyone on the internet like tricky p gonna say he has hitman holla if they both on the card. i think it will be fun and obviously make kotd sell more ppv's. youtube views i guess dont mean shit anymore with the kind of Live and ppv profit. if someone NO SHOWS thats gonna be funny as fuck if you were waiting to see one battler. and Surprise lux's opponent aint there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QPSONS View Post
GTN + kotd = fuck smack
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
god damn man QP never ceases to entertain. always has multiple moments/lines per battle where I have to just pause the vid and punch something. So ill

Last edited by SpecialOh; Today at 03:29 AM. Reason: (:lol:)
JesusOfRap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:57 AM   #76
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2899 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Eh, I feel like most of the battles are going to get leaked by battlers or friends of battlers. Cool idea and all, but I'm pretty sure we'll all know the card by the end of this month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:01 AM   #77
whitebait

whitebait is a PY Poster
BTW this has a real WWF vibe to it. Like watching the Royal Rumble. Have to agree 100% that Live PPV would put this over the edge, but I know it's got a bunch of issues with it.
@kingfly does this confirm there are no 2v2s?
Old 12-02-2013, 08:06 AM   #78
ToddMargaret

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
ToddMargaret is not the worst person
Ye a live ppv with this format would be crazy as fuck.
Is there really no way to fix the problems you had with live? i mean it cant be impossible, or is it just to much money to spend ?
@kingfly
ToddMargaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:10 AM   #79
whitebait

whitebait is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
Eh, I feel like most of the battles are going to get leaked by battlers or friends of battlers. Cool idea and all, but I'm pretty sure we'll all know the card by the end of this month.
There always information and misinformation, I bet we hear rumours but you really won't know what real and what is just OTBVA style trolling.

I bet you can probably guess pretty confidently at 8 or so battles based on what matchups make sense but I doubt it will be 100% clear cut.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:20 AM   #80
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebait View Post
BTW this has a real WWF vibe to it. Like watching the Royal Rumble. Have to agree 100% that Live PPV would put this over the edge, but I know it's got a bunch of issues with it.
@kingfly does this confirm there are no 2v2s?
as of right now there isn't. i posted in another thread we tried to get shuffle and marlo over for a 2on2, but they have marv/quest a month before and shuffle wants a bit of time off after.

Tags
8207, 8482, blackout4, bo4