Black Ice Cartel Presents: DNA vs. Real Deal

View Poll Results: Who won?
DNA 8 26.67%
Real Deal 22 73.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2015, 08:51 PM   #1
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Black Ice Cartel Presents: DNA vs. Real Deal

Last edited by riffic; 11-07-2015 at 09:01 PM.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 08:57 PM   #2
mulatto mutant

Mentioned: Post(s)
Was just about to post this. Surprisingly dope battle. Both came with just bars for almost the whole battle, and it felt like a vintage grindtime battle.

Only thing missing was Real Deal's aggression, but I mean he's a dad now, and like 30 ish, so it makes sense why his delivery is more relaxed.

It's close, but I'mma edge Real Deal 2-1. The way DNA set up his third round had a strong angle, but some of the ways he utilized it were kinda weird to me and didn't hit. Not mad at anyone saying DNA won tho
Old 11-07-2015, 09:19 PM   #3
Sky2real

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
Will watch later I guess. Already know it's real deal 3-0 since DNA sucks. When you already know the outcome, there's not a lot of motivation to watch.
Old 11-07-2015, 09:22 PM   #4
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 836 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
the description alone is like s premonition for the potential 20 odd minutes of boringness to come

let's see if im wrong
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 09:22 PM   #5
The Saurus
VIP

Mentioned: 463 Post(s)
The Saurus is better than Grind Time AustraliaThe Saurus is better than Grind Time Australia
cant front, DNA was much better in this than expected, especially his first round. This & his performance against DBD in the Bay were dope & he's noticeably put more work into his writing. RD had some absolute fire all 3 rounds here too. Good battle from both
The Saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 09:36 PM   #6
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Both had some good bars, good performances, and the crowd was on point.

Pretty much everything you could ask for in a battle.
Old 11-07-2015, 09:38 PM   #7
WallaceBread
Shit like that

Mentioned: 215 Post(s)
WallaceBread is better than Grind Time AntarcticaWallaceBread is better than Grind Time AntarcticaWallaceBread is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Were the effects wackier than usual or is it me?
WallaceBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:02 PM   #8
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
I liked this battle 10x more than I thought I would.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:12 PM   #9
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
mapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Yea, this battle was wayyy better than it was supposed to be

Real Deal got busy and DNA did much better than usual, especially considering he had like 6 battles in the next 4 weekends or some crazy shit and had done the BET awards the night before
mapleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:16 PM   #10
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

mapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarctica
What surprised me a lot about this battle was how many people were fucking with DNA...

Everyone in the crowd was talking about how Real Deal was getting "bodied"... I haven't watched the footage yet but mad people were yelling "FIGHT BACK!" during Real Deals rounds.
Old 11-07-2015, 10:20 PM   #11
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf View Post
What surprised me a lot about this battle was how many people were fucking with DNA...

Everyone in the crowd was talking about how Real Deal was getting "bodied"... I haven't watched the footage yet but mad people were yelling "FIGHT BACK!" during Real Deals rounds.
crowd was weird. they cheered for i'll give the whole card the butt, that's a tip drill

the also reacted to that horrible pakistan/israel line

dna's wordplay is just awful to me, but he has been doing a lot better
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 11:09 PM   #12
Schwarzer_Negger

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Schwarzer_Negger is better than Grind Time AustraliaSchwarzer_Negger is better than Grind Time Australia
Its the goddamn black ice cartel effect, it's hard to have a bad battle in this league.

DNA definitely came with it in the first, "that's something real'll state but we ain't buying homes" best bar I've heard him spit in a long time.
Schwarzer_Negger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 11:30 PM   #13
xstatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
xstatic is a PY Poster
y'all hatin you know DNA got this
xstatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 11:41 PM   #14
Bubba Barz
Antonyms and Synonyms

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Bubba Barz User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstatic View Post
y'all hatin you know DNA got this
This..
Bubba Barz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 12:46 AM   #15
Hughms

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Hughms is not the worst person
John Doe really started cooking in the 2nd
Hughms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 12:49 AM   #16
Chromium
Banned

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Chromium is not the worst person
man DNA is just........ whats everyone talking about?? "Secretary Of State, the pow will take away your colon and shit"

Really? REALLY? That has to be one of the worst bars of all time
Chromium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 12:58 AM   #17
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf View Post

DNA often wins at the venue. A lot of guys don't really care about the writing, they want punchlines and energy. It's only on Youtube that we can hear some of DNA's obvious weaknesses
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 01:22 AM   #18
Flamazide

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Flamazide is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
DNA often wins at the venue. A lot of guys don't really care about the writing, they want punchlines and energy. It's only on Youtube that we can hear some of DNA's obvious weaknesses
This. DNA is great live, but when you play his shit back you see that he had some poorly structured material. He still isn't bad; but he does have obvious flaws. When i hear updates saying he won a battle I always take that into consideration.
Flamazide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 01:25 AM   #19
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Voted real deal watched and was happy with my decision not looking forward to seeing 4 DNA battles in a weekend next week
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 05:16 AM   #20
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 836 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughms View Post
haha so was rd and the crowd

everyone was hitting a crescendo
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 05:26 AM   #21
ux9 u so fine

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
ux9 u so fine is better than Grind Time Australiaux9 u so fine is better than Grind Time Australia
Lol who in THE HELL would watch this shit
ux9 u so fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 06:38 AM   #22
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine View Post
Lol who in THE HELL would watch this shit
on paper it's a trash battle but it ended up being pretty good IMO
Old 11-08-2015, 06:39 AM   #23
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
yea I def catch that

but even in the YT comments there are people calling me a DNA hater cause I guess I'm in the footage and not reacting to his more trash lines
Old 11-08-2015, 07:46 AM   #24
barack mo drama

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
barack mo drama is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughms View Post
He put a big ass pause on dna face

Lmao
barack mo drama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 08:21 AM   #25
The Kang
99percent resembleMadIllz

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
The Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I cant believe im giving DNA the win....This is a damn good battle...Should win battle of the month easy

Current Bottom 15 active battlers

1.Manik
2.Realistic
3.Lexx Luthor
4.Joe Cutter
5.Tycoon Tax
6.Tony D
7.Rum Nitty
8.Deadman
9.KG the Poet
10.Danny Myers
11.Bishop Brigante
12.Skelly
13.Bonnie Godiva
14.Ogmios
15.Pass
The Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 03:07 PM   #26
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 943 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
Cool battle. Think this was the best platform possible for the match up. Gave DNA the 1st and Real Deal the 2nd and 3rd.
SonnyDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 03:45 PM   #27
Chk82

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Chk82 is not the worst person
Real Deal said, "type different like a court stenographer"

Chk82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 05:17 PM   #28
Gopher D'Gusto

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Gopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
DNA had arguably his best performance ever here. I wish he battled less often so he could give himself more time to have performances like this.

Real Deal made me a fan of his again. I was ready to give up on him, but he showed flashes of being one of the best in this shit. He just needs the right matchups. No more wacky mismatches like Head Ice or Daylyt, please.
Gopher D'Gusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 09:26 PM   #29
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
irvsykeg is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromium View Post
man DNA is just........ whats everyone talking about?? "Secretary Of State, the pow will take away your colon and shit"

Really? REALLY? That has to be one of the worst bars of all time
glad i didn't watch this

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 04:56 AM   #30
Flamazide

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Flamazide is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopher D'Gusto View Post
DNA had arguably his best performance ever here. I wish he battled less often so he could give himself more time to have performances like this.

Real Deal made me a fan of his again. I was ready to give up on him, but he showed flashes of being one of the best in this shit. He just needs the right matchups. No more wacky mismatches like Head Ice or Daylyt, please.
The Head ICE battle was good, wtf.
Flamazide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 06:13 AM   #31
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
ahem

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 01:57 AM   #32
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 640 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant View Post
Was just about to post this. Surprisingly dope battle. Both came with just bars for almost the whole battle, and it felt like a vintage grindtime battle.

Only thing missing was Real Deal's aggression, but I mean he's a dad now, and like 30 ish, so it makes sense why his delivery is more relaxed.

It's close, but I'mma edge Real Deal 2-1. The way DNA set up his third round had a strong angle, but some of the ways he utilized it were kinda weird to me and didn't hit. Not mad at anyone saying DNA won tho
Yeah I agree Real Deal 2-1 DNA did have a fire round he was really cooking in. Real Deal rebuttaled lines and killed it with funny bars and a lot of what moments where you need to google this shit sometimes just to know what he means. That takes real skill to go way over my head. I usually get every line
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 05:27 AM   #33
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Gotta love Black Ice Cartel productions, they've now got gunshots, Slo-mo, camera scanning across the crowd... when the lights failed, it took me a second to realize that it wasn't just another effect, lol.

I think DNA had more reaches than Real Deal, so edging Trevor, but the battle was way better than expected.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:29 PM   #34
Wickedness

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Wickedness has seen da-feet
Real deal 3-0 dna. Dna needs to start writing otherwise he is shit lol
Old 12-06-2015, 11:27 AM   #35
talal12345

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
talal12345 is a PY Poster
RD got this.
talal12345 is offline   Reply With Quote