Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Dirtbag Dan's biased commentary is fucking up KOTD's integrity

Old 05-19-2016, 05:07 PM   #81
billing

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
billing is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky View Post
Rone is awesome with anything related to interviews, press conferences, etc. He's smart, witty, sincere, and asks great questions
What about you fam? You did a more than capable job on the initial couple of KOTD PPV's
billing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 05:10 PM   #82
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Y'all still talking about this?
6000GP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 08:09 PM   #83
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
DBD make no qualms about his West Coast bias and I think anyone even tangentially familiar with him knows what to expect.

Not sure why his personal opinions affect anything. He's not much worse that BattleRapChris and his KOTD/Canadian bias. In fact, Chris's personal views happen to toe the company line more than Dan's California bias, but it's not like these guys are there for unbiased reporting here, it's color commentary to fill the gap between battles.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:20 PM   #84
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOBone View Post
DBD make no qualms about his West Coast bias and I think anyone even tangentially familiar with him knows what to expect.

Not sure why his personal opinions affect anything. He's not much worse that BattleRapChris and his KOTD/Canadian bias. In fact, Chris's personal views happen to toe the company line more than Dan's California bias, but it's not like these guys are there for unbiased reporting here, it's color commentary to fill the gap between battles.
This^

I got 4 more bars hold on ..

then rap a whole 16
RonRon da Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 09:23 PM   #85
Battlehogg

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
Dirty Dan is a fuckin herb. He starts unessecarry, unwarranted beef with people like DNA and Uno Lavos because they the most street niggas he can diss without getting checked. When his boyfriend Caustic got roasted by Tsu Surf they act like he's the immature one. And yea I agree with the Bias thing 100%. It's not even a fresh coast thing. He actually tried to say Bonnie Godiva beat Uno Lavos. Smh.
Battlehogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 11:49 PM   #86
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
What else would you expect is my thought. The majority of the "Fresh Coast" dudes are corny as fuck. Thesaurus, Diz, Dan, all of them, regardless of talent. One ridiculously large circle jerk that makes Detroit Vs. Everybody look better in comparison .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 11:54 PM   #87
SpecialOh
©

Mentioned: 1155 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOBone View Post

lol maybe people are like me and want him to get fired so he has to go back to battling

team #backpack took an L to kotd in that sense
SpecialOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 02:14 AM   #88
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
Obviously could never happen, but Chris and Norbes seem like they'd have potential
Jack Deuce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 04:49 PM   #89
My Kall

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
I'm a consistent DBD Show viewer, and I honestly haven't noticed that much Cali favouritism. In fact Dan's VERY complimentary about almost every top-tier and mid-tier battler.
My Kall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 12:39 AM   #90
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Hitchslap is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kall View Post
I'm a consistent DBD Show viewer,
That's all I had to read....

Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 02:50 PM   #91
ToddMargaret

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
ToddMargaret is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by billing View Post
What about you fam? You did a more than capable job on the initial couple of KOTD PPV's
Trying to find that rocky on a segway gif... haha thats a classic!

@rocky

I do agree tho, rocky would do great!
as he did back in the day
ToddMargaret is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 05:38 PM   #92
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdarOne View Post
of course he's biased. i think its more about how all the fresh coast guys wanna suck pass's dick because he's the "realest black rapper" they know. cuz tbh i never really got it. dudes ok, but the fresh coast guys volley for him like he fucking invented battle rap or some shit.
Pass is much better than just ok. I think the west rides so hard for him because the east wants to sleep on him so much. Other areas dont give the west the respect they do deserve so they make up for it by giving each other more respect than they might deserve.

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 04:51 AM   #93
Nick H.
on her mind, in her mouth

Mentioned: 471 Post(s)
Nick H. is better than Grind Time AustraliaNick H. is better than Grind Time Australia
Send a message via AIM to Nick H.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMumbles905 View Post
Pass is much better than just ok. I think the west rides so hard for him because the east wants to sleep on him so much. Other areas dont give the west the respect they do deserve so they make up for it by giving each other more respect than they might deserve.
Yuuup
Old 05-24-2016, 05:09 AM   #94
Zero
Big Clowns In The Kitchen

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Zero is a PY Poster
Are you saying Dirtbag Dan is a....dirtbag?
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 07:33 AM   #95
6000GP
tupac back

6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
That's a myth that they (and you) made up in their heads.

If I'm wrong about that, then exactly where are you getting this from? Because I've NEVER seen anyone hating on the *fresh coast rappers just because they're from the West Coast.

They seem to have an "us vs them" mentality and it makes no sense to me, because who is "them" and exactly what are they doing that is so oppressive?

*edit

You guys should've let this thread die a week ago, I have no idea why you continue to bump it. I tried to let it go, but some of your guy's comments are completely asinine.

*edit 2

And it's not the West that rides for him so hard, its only *fresh coast and their fans, which is a battle rap clique. I don't live in the *fresh coast, I live in the West Coast, they are not the same thing.

Last edited by 6000GP; 05-24-2016 at 07:59 AM.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:56 PM   #96
rocky
Contributor

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
rocky is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by billing View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddMargaret View Post
Trying to find that rocky on a segway gif... haha thats a classic!

@rocky

I do agree tho, rocky would do great!
as he did back in the day
I'll be honest. I watch maybe 5 battles of the 100 that drop monthly, and even then I struggle to get through them. Same reason I find little time to watch the ppv's till the battles drop officially. If I lived in Cali or tdot, I'd be happy to help, but I can't get the time these days with work, a new baby on the way, moving, etc to do much more than be a fan. I'll still come out to events. We can always chit chat about battles and history if u like, lol.

Besides, i'm sure my dude @BattleRapChris is killing the game. Hes smart and well spoken. I'm sure the entire kotd staff is doin their thing, even if I don't know what's exactly happening on the ppv's these days

Carter Deems>>>>>>
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 11:30 PM   #97
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Quote:
That's a myth that they (and you) made up in their heads.

If I'm wrong about that, then exactly where are you getting this from? Because I've NEVER seen anyone hating on the *fresh coast rappers just because they're from the West Coast.

They seem to have an "us vs them" mentality and it makes no sense to me, because who is "them" and exactly what are they doing that is so oppressive?

*edit

You guys should've let this thread die a week ago, I have no idea why you continue to bump it. I tried to let it go, but some of your guy's comments are completely asinine.

*edit 2

And it's not the West that rides for him so hard, its only *fresh coast and their fans, which is a battle rap clique. I don't live in the *fresh coast, I live in the West Coast, they are not the same thing.
If you don't think Pass is good than there's something off with your preferences of battle rap.
I don't even know how to defend that it makes absolutely no sense
His resume alone makes him have to be good. His performance vs Hollow is STILL one of the best performances vs Hollow in the modern era.
West Coast ride with him Canada ride for him overseas ride for him

You wont see the east coast bias as you are part of the problem
Its not actually a east coast thing or its rappers It's fans of the street scene underate anything not from that street scene and have a hate on for the Fresh Coast
All of the rappers on the Fresh Coast are underrated and people try to play off like theyre not legends of battle rap all the time.
People downplay Thesaurus Illmac Diz and every big name Fresh Coast battler

Old 05-24-2016, 11:36 PM   #98
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
If you don't think Pass is good than there's something off with your preferences of battle rap.
I don't even know how to defend that it makes absolutely no sense
His resume alone makes him have to be good. His performance vs Hollow is STILL one of the best performances vs Hollow in the modern era.
West Coast ride with him Canada ride for him overseas ride for him

You wont see the east coast bias as you are part of the problem
Its not actually a east coast thing or its rappers It's fans of the street scene underate anything not from that street scene and have a hate on for the Fresh Coast
All of the rappers on the Fresh Coast are underrated and people try to play off like theyre not legends of battle rap all the time.
People downplay Thesaurus Illmac Diz and every big name Fresh Coast battler
Who said passwurdz isn't good tho?

Again, where are these examples of people underrating fresh coast legends?

*edit

I swear, some of you guys have made this up in your head, and the more this sentiment gets echoed, the more you believe it, in spite of it being without merit.

Just for an example, if someone doesn't like rap music (thesaurus, illmac, diz, etc..) it doesn't mean they're underrating it, it just means that it doesn't appeal to their tastes. You're acting like there's some secret war between people who like rap music and people who don't. Meanwhile, people who don't like rap music aren't even thinking about you, they're listening to what they like, and for the most part, minding their own damn business.

Last edited by 6000GP; 05-24-2016 at 11:44 PM.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:05 AM   #99
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1179 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
Bump.

fresh coast >
AVOCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 12:08 AM   #100
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
being biased>>>>

i love being biased. its what makes it fun and my opinion superior.
mike rigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 12:12 AM   #101
6000GP
tupac back

You get a bias! And YOU get a bias!! EVERYONE GETS A BIAS!!!

Old 05-26-2016, 02:42 AM   #102
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Quote:
Who said passwurdz isn't good tho?

Again, where are these examples of people underrating fresh coast legends?

*edit

I swear, some of you guys have made this up in your head, and the more this sentiment gets echoed, the more you believe it, in spite of it being without merit.

Just for an example, if someone doesn't like rap music (thesaurus, illmac, diz, etc..) it doesn't mean they're underrating it, it just means that it doesn't appeal to their tastes. You're acting like there's some secret war between people who like rap music and people who don't. Meanwhile, people who don't like rap music aren't even thinking about you, they're listening to what they like, and for the most part, minding their own damn business.
When ppl deny thesaurus and illmac are legends in battle rap that is underrating them. If you going to say ppl dont try and say that you are just lieing to yourself.
I dont like mook I think hes trash and been trash but I'm not going to doubt or underplay his status as a legend in battle rap
But you going to see what you want so it is what it is

Old 05-26-2016, 02:54 AM   #103
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
When ppl deny thesaurus and illmac are legends in battle rap that is underrating them. If you going to say ppl dont try and say that you are just lieing to yourself.
I dont like mook I think hes trash and been trash but I'm not going to doubt or underplay his status as a legend in battle rap
But you going to see what you want so it is what it is
Who said thesaurs and illmac aren't legends tho? Show me.

I think thesaurus is one of the most obnoxious and goofiest rappers ever, and he looks and sounds like a guy who moonlights as a shopping mall santa clause, but I would never say that he's not a legend in battle rap. I really think this is all in your head, man.

Tags
backpack