Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Do you go to events?

Old 01-31-2017, 11:39 PM   #1
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 427 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Do you go to events?

If so which ones have you been too or plan on going to?

If not, why?
Old 01-31-2017, 11:47 PM   #2
Nikolas34520

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Nikolas34520 is better than Grind Time AustraliaNikolas34520 is better than Grind Time Australia
I've never been to an event, considering going to BO7 or MASS3. What's my best option?
Nikolas34520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 11:57 PM   #3
3xthoroughb
Crakk Nicholson

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
3xthoroughb is not the worst person
miss the gt days, when there was an event every few months in ny for around 40 bucks.
went to most of them between bad blood and the most hated tourney.

high stakes i had to be to see lux vs hollow despite being $100 ticket and in jersey

only kotd event ive been to was WD4, hoping to go out to cali for a bunker event soon

never been to a smack event, have a free ticket for nome 7 tho

http://crakknicholson.com/
3xthoroughb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 12:30 AM   #4
RandallFlagg
Registered Loser

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
RandallFlagg is better than Grind Time AustraliaRandallFlagg is better than Grind Time AustraliaRandallFlagg is better than Grind Time Australia
Mass 2 was the only event Ive been too. I plan on going to 3 if they have it. Id like to catch a flight out to the bunker and convince Avo to let me paint one of those walls or murals
RandallFlagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 12:32 AM   #5
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Went to dont flop ones from around 2012 , now just go kotr and UKBL and potentially dubscandal soon new league
Old 02-01-2017, 12:53 AM   #6
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Yeah I go to events, I'd rather go to events than watch battles on YouTube. It's way more fun.

I been to KOTD Vendetta 2 in LA
DF ATL event that had Ness vs Ness (that whole event was great)
And a bunch of No Coast events

I wanna go to a Bullpen event in Atl next time they gave a good card.

I wanna go to a URL event, but I've never been to NYC.

Need to go to the bunker next time I'm in LA too.

also wanna go to a Kotd Toronto event, but I'm not sure if I can get into Canada.
mike rigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 01:12 AM   #7
mulatto mutant

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
mulatto mutant is not the worst person
only been to one event, and it was a don't flop atlanta event

would love to go to a big url event or the next mass event, but tbh just honestly have never seen a card that made me want to spend half a stack on planes/food/hotel/etc

probably will sometime this year either way though since i just finished school
03) Tsu Surf
04) Calicoe
05) B Magic
06) Illmaculate
07) Aye Verb
08) Iron Solomon
09) Tay Roc
10) Fresco
mulatto mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 01:40 AM   #8
thatguy

Mentioned: 768 Post(s)
thatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledge View Post
If so which ones have you been too or plan on going to?

If not, why?
no, mostly because the crowds seem pretty embarrassing / not people I want to associate with. (...present company excepted of course...) not trying to hate on anyone that goes and enjoys themselves, I'm just being honest.

Me standing in the camera shot next to a person who is non-ironically shooting their hand towards the ceiling like a gun or making gun sounds as a reaction is pretty much a nightmare scenario.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
Dizaster is my most favorite battle rapper of all time.
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 01:51 AM   #9
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 836 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
ive been to battle rap events in: LA, san francisco, san diego, somewhere near oakland, brooklyn, manhattan, the bronx, colorado springs...and that might be it

8 cities, who got me beat?
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 01:52 AM   #10
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 836 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
if u count ny boroughs as cities lol
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 02:11 AM   #11
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
never been to an event.

i had plans with a friend to go to BL2, but the ticket prices were absurdly expensive and both of us dropped out. lol

i plan on making my way to at least one event, though. i want to experience losing my shit while hearing man poetry. also, it'd be cool to meet yall if we're ever at the same event.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 02:13 AM   #12
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I try to make it out to as many big L.A. events as I can. I've been to every KOTD event in L.A. since Takeover, I was at both URL Traffic events, Ether and BOLA 4.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 02:19 AM   #13
el gordo
part time head turner..

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
el gordo is not the worst person
I went to the bar exam where caddy Ron battled celestial ...battle of the bay 6 on crutches ...that weird one where day battled Hoffa ...and boLA when hollow battled okwerdz. Jin was supposed to battle diz and illmac at that one. Pretty sure it was New Years.

And Ima try to hit up the next bunker event

w/e
el gordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 02:21 AM   #14
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Next event i'll probably be at will be Mass 3, Mass 2 was a really good time.

Was thinking about BO7 but I hate the battlers/card being up in the air.

I'll probably head to some of the new iBattle events, really like smaller, more lowkey events.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:48 AM   #15
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Next event i'll probably be at will be Mass 3, Mass 2 was a really good time.

Was thinking about BO7 but I hate the battlers/card being up in the air.

I'll probably head to some of the new iBattle events, really like smaller, more lowkey events.
Pat,

You have a favorite event you been to?
mike rigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 03:07 AM   #16
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike rigs View Post
Pat,

You have a favorite event you been to?
I always go back to this event, just because of how ridiculous some of the things that were going on during it but Smack's birthday event on PPTV.

+ Math v Marv, Suge v Swave, Heartless v Moneybagz, Ciddy v Chilla, Flamez
+ It was like 5000 degrees and the A/C broke and the floor was all flooded from humidity so everybody went onto the streets on Avenue A in between battles and it was like a block party.
+ Everyone in the venue was wasted and having a good time for Smack's birthday except for one dude.
+ Said dude heckled Roosevelt during an undercard battle and Roose jumped off stage and fought dude mid-verse.
+ It was Math's return on Smack's birthday and he had his best performance in forever, then had a face to face with Suge.
+ Small crowd, amazing vibes and a really good time.

Mass 2 was amazing too tbh, the quality of battles on that one, plus drinking and kicking it with some members from here was pretty awesome.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:53 AM   #17
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Live by Toronto so yeah...been to pretty much all the major KOTD Toronto ones (WD/BO/Flatline/GP events).

Only event I've been to out of town was NOME3. I'll never go to an out of town event again...that was such an underwhelming event considering the card... I mean, if I happened to be in Cali on a date that coincided with a Bunker event or something I'd go. Not going somewhere specifically for battle rap though.

tbh I'm kinda done with live events. Toronto events have kinda been on the decline for a variety of reasons and truthfully I no longer enjoy those festival type events as much, which is pretty much what Toronto gets. I'd definitely jump back in if we got some Bunker type ones. But like 16 hours at a venue over two days for what usually turns out to be 4 good battles if you're lucky is too much. I copped the PPV for WD6 and I'll likely do the same for BO unless the card is just bananas. I was out of town for GvG I think, but I'd probably have gone to that one otherwise.

Last edited by Casual; 02-01-2017 at 03:57 AM.
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 04:09 AM   #18
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is not the worst person
i dont like battlerap enough to be standing around all day. i can barely get through battles in 1 sitting on youtube
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 04:10 AM   #19
Laugh N' Stalk
Butt Sweat Brett

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Laugh N' Stalk is better than Grind Time AustraliaLaugh N' Stalk is better than Grind Time Australia
I can confirm @mdk is well traveled.

@DrLaughNStalk on Twitter
Laugh N' Stalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 04:27 AM   #20
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
Been to 5ish KOTD events in TO, want to get to a URL event in NYC, if for no other reason than I want to go to NYC.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:35 AM   #21
RandallFlagg
Registered Loser

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
RandallFlagg is better than Grind Time AustraliaRandallFlagg is better than Grind Time AustraliaRandallFlagg is better than Grind Time Australia
Thumbs up

Quote:
Mass 2 was amazing too tbh
It was really dope man. I've been to a LOT of shows and music festivals and that was the best atmosphere I've been in for a live event. Everyone was chill as fuck.

Cool little hip hop factoid. Me and my friend talked to Poison Pen and complimented his work with Apathy. He told us that he had actually first met Apathy there in The Middle East years ago.

Right around the time before Hollow Vs Pat an unnamed low tier battler was drunkenly crying and yelling all over the place outside while another low tier battler tried to calm him down. Peanut butter jelly with NO crust.
RandallFlagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 04:36 AM   #22
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Mentioned: 637 Post(s)
King Fly is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdk View Post
ive been to battle rap events in: LA, san francisco, san diego, somewhere near oakland, brooklyn, manhattan, the bronx, colorado springs...and that might be it

8 cities, who got me beat?
toronto, ottawa, montreal, calgary, vancouver, hamilton, london (ontario), brantford
damn i thought i had you beat til i typed it out lol. tied it is.
King Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 05:11 AM   #23
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Concrete animals once and they played me & my boy on a tryout in favor of ppl who had abysmal showings

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 05:25 AM   #24
grandgroove

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
grandgroove is better than Grind Time Australiagrandgroove is better than Grind Time Australia
Well, we don't get the tri-state luxuries here in Charleston, but we try.

Did a red-eye commute for Bullpen's last Close Range event. I lived in Atlanta for about a decade, and a pleasant surprise - I ran into two of my old crate digging buddies! Still on grown man bars and had to drive home for a Monday 7:30am DevOps staff meeting, but the good news is that now I have crash space in ATL for the next event.

I will do my best to livestream Southeastern events and try to pound pavement for LRL/CRBL. Humble promotions, good folks.

I bought Bill Collector a superfood smoothie. Best memory so far. Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grandgroove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 05:36 AM   #25
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I'll admit though, I've become spoiled by The Bunker, as far as the live battle rap experience.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 05:37 AM   #26
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
couldn't go to DF Orlando because i hadn't turned 18 yet and it was 18+, but also the only battle worth it on the card was like Jonny Storm vs Clips, so I wasn't too peeved

events don't come to Florida ever since Teddy Grizzle fucked the scene up down here like half a decade ago

our locals are too shit to even care about (lu cipher's our best export in a while), and i'd do the drive for DF ATL events but ion have friends that're into a 7 hour drive to Atlanta just to drive back after

KOTD should come down here and do an FL event in Miami or something, i'd be your lead correspondent for my new website, babblerap.com

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 05:37 AM   #27
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
also i'm going to CA this summer most likely w a few friends so if there's a bunker event @ the time i'll def go to that. it's mostly just a "i physically can't" issue

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-01-2017, 06:01 AM   #28
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallFlagg View Post
It was really dope man. I've been to a LOT of shows and music festivals and that was the best atmosphere I've been in for a live event. Everyone was chill as fuck.

Cool little hip hop factoid. Me and my friend talked to Poison Pen and complimented his work with Apathy. He told us that he had actually first met Apathy there in The Middle East years ago.

Right around the time before Hollow Vs Pat an unnamed low tier battler was drunkenly crying and yelling all over the place outside while another low tier battler tried to calm him down. Peanut butter jelly with NO crust.
wondering if you are talking about what I think you are...if you are it's a little more in depth then someone drunkenly crying haha

but yeah man mass2 was a great weekend, got up there on Saturday night, kicked it with a bunch of people then did the same on Sunday. Pretty sweet and only a 4hr drive.

Last edited by ledge; 02-01-2017 at 06:04 AM.
ledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 06:18 AM   #29
grandgroove

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
grandgroove is better than Grind Time Australiagrandgroove is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
couldn't go to DF Orlando because i hadn't turned 18 yet and it was 18+, but also the only battle worth it on the card was like Jonny Storm vs Clips, so I wasn't too peeved

events don't come to Florida ever since Teddy Grizzle fucked the scene up down here like half a decade ago

our locals are too shit to even care about (lu cipher's our best export in a while), and i'd do the drive for DF ATL events but ion have friends that're into a 7 hour drive to Atlanta just to drive back after

KOTD should come down here and do an FL event in Miami or something, i'd be your lead correspondent for my new website, babblerap.com

Damn, that is a hell of a drive to/from Atlanta!

You take the I-75/-10/-4 corridor ? The jaunt to Charleston isn't a huge reduction in time, but you're welcome to crash space. We have a guest room and just got some new hardwood floors. The place is about an hour from I-95, 5 minutes from downtown Charleston. Rest up, brunch and back on the road if time presses.

I usually rent a nice car for road trips from here to there. You're welcome along - anyone for that matter.
grandgroove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 06:19 AM   #30
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:

gully will be co-hosting an art of war event down there soon, which usually leads to a couple gz events (and if they do good - bigger events)

also not sure if serious about teddy grizzle lololol
Old 02-01-2017, 06:20 AM   #31
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Fly View Post
gully will be co-hosting an art of war event down there soon, which usually leads to a couple gz events (and if they do good - bigger events)

also not sure if serious about teddy grizzle lololol

half serious abt teddy

also good to know, if anyone i fw is there i'll totally come thru n support

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-01-2017, 06:24 AM   #32
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
half serious abt teddy

also good to know, if anyone i fw is there i'll totally come thru n support
the return of high collide!!! first battle since winning the grindtime t-shirt! longest undefeated champ in battle rap.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:29 AM   #33
Triptych
ɥɔʎʇdıɹ⊥

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Triptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time Australia
Never been. I didn't get into it enough to want to go to one until after I was already living in FL, and Grindtime was long gone by then. Plus the card for that DF Orlando event just wasn't enough for the gas money.

Maybe soon. If they ever throw another New Orleans event I'm on it, because any excuse to go back to NOLA basically.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:33 AM   #34
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Quote:
half serious abt teddy
teddy had nothin to do w grizzle but im sure you are just fucking around
Old 02-01-2017, 06:34 AM   #35
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Quote:
teddy had nothin to do w grizzle but im sure you are just fucking around

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-01-2017, 06:46 AM   #36
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Old 02-01-2017, 06:53 AM   #37
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Duel in the Desert flopped so bad that it somehow ruined battle rap in Florida
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 09:04 AM   #38
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
I've been to quite a lot of Don't Flop events but not for awhile because I stopped liking the crowd/vibes of their events.
I've been meaning to go to one of the big KOTR ones but I never keep up on when the events are happening, realise like the day before and already have a weekend planned or I'm too low on money.

Also do wanna visit America and it would be sick if I could also go to a Bunker or URL event while I was out there. Not sure I'll be over there soon enough for battle rap though, depends how long this shit has left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz

Last edited by rogermellie; 02-01-2017 at 09:10 AM.
rogermellie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 09:21 AM   #39
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Been to 3 DF events
North vs South 2 (Deffintion vs Pamflit)
BITW 5 day one (Mark Grist vs Blizzard)
And the 4th birthday weekend.

So the last battle i saw live was Shotty/Arsonal. But my job dosent give me many weekends off. And my friends would rather go to a gig then watch men lyrically shoot eachother. Also fuck traveling through London, battling dosent come to the Midlands too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 11:46 AM   #40
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
no, because i live in Austria.

well technically I've been to a freestyle battle event in Vienna a few years ago. that was tiny and really amateurish though. my friend's friend won the whole thing so that was cool i guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
themoreyouknow