Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
how much time does KOTD have left before they realize not even illipsis can save them

Old 02-02-2018, 10:03 PM   #1
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
how much time does KOTD have left before they realize not even illipsis can save them

they should've booked him more but i am afraid it is too late for them uncle smack has KOTD cornered like a square you'd see on a 90 degree angle

illipsis would beat shit down a lot of battlers' legs. he's like charron but with a much better grasp on writing and another plus is hes not charron

RIP KOTD let's just hope dre dennis puts you in a good place

we got avo in smack vol 1 now i want illipsis for smack vol 2. then bigg k smack vol 3. they need everything taken away like the book of job

Last edited by peace; 02-02-2018 at 10:20 PM.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:09 PM   #2
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Here the list of up & coming kotd talent:

1. Machete trevy
2. Thats it.

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:38 PM   #3
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyProehl View Post
Here the list of up & coming kotd talent:

1. Machete trevy
2. Thats it.
I thought Machete Trevy was originally a fake name, but it looks like heís battling Math Hoffa on that DMS league where Krome battled JC, DNA and Loe Pesci.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:46 PM   #4
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
idk, Battle of the Zae is farming a lot of new talent that can be utilized. If kotd doesn't give Sasquatch Josh a plate then they're really just digging their own grave. Dude's the total package.
u a cracked out fatty like butts are
~fever
wwjjddd? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:47 PM   #5
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
they talkin bout that dude (Trevy) vs real Deal as the make up battle; RD says hes down to do it but just needs a lil extra compensation so we'll see; KOTD is NOT very good at making these things happen absent Nikaya tho I've noticed
Neanderthol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 12:49 AM   #6
iamHBY

iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthol View Post
they talkin bout that dude (Trevy) vs real Deal as the make up battle; RD says hes down to do it but just needs a lil extra compensation so we'll see; KOTD is NOT very good at making these things happen absent Nikaya tho I've noticed
So instead, they got Quest MCody vs. Joey Gambello happening as the replacement battle for Dunsh/RD.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:03 AM   #7
Neanderthol

Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
So instead, they got Quest MCody vs. Joey Gambello happening as the replacement battle for Dunsh/RD.
Yeah I saw that haha but about 10 minutes before I made that post (which was after the Quuest announcement) RD was on live still talking about being down to battle and that he going to Toronto regardless but I doubt they make it happen
Old 02-03-2018, 01:05 AM   #8
iamHBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthol View Post
Yeah I saw that haha but about 10 minutes before I made that post RD was on live still talking about being down to battle and that he going to Toronto regardless but I doubt they make it happen
Sounds like Real Deal is about to unwind at that event the same way he did at V2R when him vs. Ill Will got canceled super last minute.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:18 AM   #9
Neanderthol

Quote:
Sounds like Real Deal is about to unwind at that event the same way he did at V2R when him vs. Ill Will got canceled super last minute.
Word definitely, looked like he was getting a jump start on the live actually
said somethin like "I was down to do the battle wit two days notice, then 1 day notice, and now its less than.. I dunno why, maybe its this guy (slides pint into the frame)..but I'm still down to put some dope shit together for yall" lol
Old 02-03-2018, 04:10 AM   #10
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
As long as the tiki torchers can use the internet, KOTD will live.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:16 AM   #11
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
This is what you get by not nurturing homegrown talent (or at least the right talent). Take all that money you invested into Charron's wack ass and you could organize good Canadian vs Canadian battles.

DF had its faults, but it kept bringing up some incredible talents and managing their development well
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:54 AM   #12
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
I thought Machete Trevy was originally a fake name, but it looks like heís battling Math Hoffa on that DMS league where Krome battled JC, DNA and Loe Pesci.
Hes got potential and im a real harsh critic especially some canadian with a horrible name but id vouch for machete hes got a little SONS / 24/7 vibe to him kind of like skelly but much much better and hes only a few battles in

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 02:15 PM   #13
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 346 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
Quote:
DAMN. Dunsh/RD was literally what i wanted to see the most. I fuck with Quest..but not feeling Joey Gambello at all

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch
PJ Sumroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 06:12 PM   #14
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
Why was Dunsh RD cancelled?
Cuntoffs are Jumps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 06:45 PM   #15
iamHBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuntoffs are Jumps View Post
Why was Dunsh RD cancelled?
Dunsh made a post in TalkBack about how his personal life and battle rap were conflicting, and while he didnít go into detail regarding why he specifically had to back out of battling this weekend, he said that after this fuck up heís retiring. I got a screenshot somewhere, but I donít know how to post the pic from my phone.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:14 AM   #16
Emseed

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Emseed is not the worst person
The way things are going, battle rap is going down hill anyway.

I'm just wondering whats going to happen to Dizaster when he bombs on Smack and his stock goes way down. Where's he going to go? Start a new league with Lush again where money will go missing again?
Old 02-05-2018, 03:49 AM   #17
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
Quote:
Dunsh made a post in TalkBack about how his personal life and battle rap were conflicting, and while he didnít go into detail regarding why he specifically had to back out of battling this weekend, he said that after this fuck up heís retiring. I got a screenshot somewhere, but I donít know how to post the pic from my phone.
thanks for info, that's a shame dude is fire.
Cuntoffs are Jumps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 06:51 AM   #18
WhatBombs
********* /r/RapBattles

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
WhatBombs is a PY Poster
Luke Nukem is pretty good, Jaws, DekstOne and Pigsty too
Old 02-06-2018, 01:39 PM   #19
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatBombs View Post
But we donít know who they are because kotd spent the last 5 years trying (and failing) to convince us that they were tough guys. Now itís too late for them to go back to being themselves
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 06:16 PM   #20
Zero
Big Clowns In The Kitchen

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Zero is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emseed View Post
The way things are going, battle rap is going down hill anyway.

I'm just wondering whats going to happen to Dizaster when he bombs on Smack and his stock goes way down. Where's he going to go? Start a new league with Lush again where money will go missing again?
The corner with a 40 like the dirtbag he is
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:19 PM   #21
illipsis
Hal Jordan of Recordin'

Mentioned: 478 Post(s)
illipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatBombs View Post
Not to mention Cope, Joey, Peppe, and Trevy.

The talent is there tb100, but it's difficult to build that talent organically and get the fan base to take notice while it develops (as opposed to just shelling out for rookie/vet matches, which don't automatically guarantee fan attention because of how prolifically big names battle these days).

I'mma still save it, they just gotta give the Bat-phone a ring
Old 02-06-2018, 09:35 PM   #22
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 427 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Deuce View Post
As long as the tiki torchers can use the internet, KOTD will live.

loooooool
Old 02-08-2018, 12:42 PM   #23
corny

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
corny is a PY Poster
I am not sure if kotd needs saving but they definitely need to brand a new worthy face for their league, you don't have to agree with it but dizaster was hands down their best headliner as far as fans coming out or sparking peoples attention

head ice is only gonna last so long for that Canadian crowd head ice has no appeal to me, and you could argue solomon could put in some nice work for them but how long do you think solomon will want to continue battling?
Old 02-08-2018, 01:42 PM   #24
Mark Doubt

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Mark Doubt is not the worst person
KOTD should be focusing only on the states. they are clearly the biggest league in canada. no other league is competition up there. Why they haven't shifted their primary focus to the states is beyond me. the talent pool is in the states. when the bunker was active it was great, but that's no longer around. MASS have been their best events in the last few years but that's mostly thanks to nikiya. FOCUS on the states and build talent coming from the small leagues.
Mark Doubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 02:29 PM   #25
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
KOTD could use another one of these

JC
All Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 05:36 AM   #26
Spacelab

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Spacelab is not the worst person
KOTD needs a "back in the day" card

Syco
Loe Pesci
Step Easy
HFK
Oz
Jack Shitt
CL
Wird of Pley

Who else?

Bring all those guys back out for an Expendables-like "one more time" card
Old 02-09-2018, 09:24 AM   #27
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacelab View Post

Syco
Loe Pesci
Step Easy
HFK
Oz
Jack Shitt
CL
Wird of Pley

Who else?

Fingaz
Wise guy(although i heard he's ina mental hospital)
Pigsty
osa
tricky p
Old 02-09-2018, 10:53 AM   #28
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
The other thing KOTD needs to do is stay in its lane. Seeing it trying to be a street league is embarrassing. Verb just looks bored when he has to go up against trash like Charron, for example. Instead let Verb battle a 'street' rapper, let Charron battle someone like Rone or Chedda and you would see far better battles.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:59 PM   #29
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Doubt View Post
KOTD should be focusing only on the states. they are clearly the biggest league in canada. no other league is competition up there. Why they haven't shifted their primary focus to the states is beyond me. the talent pool is in the states. when the bunker was active it was great, but that's no longer around. MASS have been their best events in the last few years but that's mostly thanks to nikiya. FOCUS on the states and build talent coming from the small leagues.
If you look at WHO battles on KOTD they have had made the states the PRIMARY focus. That has been a problem now.
The owners all LIVE in Toronto. So regardless where the battlers are from I think it will always be a company based OUT of Canada.
I don't know why that gets yall so mad. Yall been made that one of the best leagues and probably the longest running league is out of Canada

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:00 PM   #30
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacelab View Post

Syco
Loe Pesci
Step Easy
HFK
Oz
Jack Shitt
CL
Wird of Pley

Who else?

This would be cold

I also think they need to do an All Canadian card for July 1st ( Canada Day)

Old 02-09-2018, 02:02 PM   #31
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
The other thing KOTD needs to do is stay in its lane. Seeing it trying to be a street league is embarrassing. Verb just looks bored when he has to go up against trash like Charron, for example. Instead let Verb battle a 'street' rapper, let Charron battle someone like Rone or Chedda and you would see far better battles.
At the same time you can only do so many street vs street battles until all top tier face each other. People then want to see mixes of top street vs top jokester or top nerds or stuff like that.

Why make every battle the same

Old 02-09-2018, 03:47 PM   #32
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMumbles905 View Post
If you look at WHO battles on KOTD they have had made the states the PRIMARY focus. That has been a problem now.
The owners all LIVE in Toronto. So regardless where the battlers are from I think it will always be a company based OUT of Canada.
I don't know why that gets yall so mad. Yall been made that one of the best leagues and probably the longest running league is out of Canada
Nobody is MAD that the LEAGUE is run out of Canada, they're just saying that THE events in Toronto are basically COMPLETE TRASH and that the events they hold in America are ALWAYS BETTER.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 02:22 AM   #33
Paradox

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Paradox is not the worst person
Kotd should do a 2on2 event again

Ilmac and Pete
Fresco real deal
Shuffle t and Marlo
Nwo
Caustic and dbd

Most 2on2s have so much replay value. Do a tourney again and give incentive
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 03:47 AM   #34
Emancee

Despite the overall tone of this, I am definitely interested to see where KOTD UK goes.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:57 AM   #35
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 943 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
If the trailer park wanksta staff at KOTD hasn't figured out how to properly brand, develop talent and expand geographically by now, it's never going to happen.
SonnyDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 04:58 AM   #36
RandallFlagg
Registered Loser

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
RandallFlagg is better than Grind Time AustraliaRandallFlagg is better than Grind Time AustraliaRandallFlagg is better than Grind Time Australia
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post
If the trailer park wanksta staff at KOTD hasn't figured out how to properly brand, develop talent and expand geographically by now, it's never going to happen.
You owe Showtime a hundred dollars and an apology.