Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Interview Dizaster Talks new West Coast group (Left Side Connection) & issues with KOTD

Old 02-09-2018, 03:16 AM   #41
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusted123 View Post
Right...The west would just be completely ignored and no one would ever start up a leagu out West with all that talent out there.

Without American Talent, no one cares about KOTD for this long or on this level. Where would they be without KOTD? On another league that doesn't exist because KOTD stepped in first.

KOTD took advantage of a good situation, and I'm glad they did, but they didn't save the west.
Look at EVERY other Grind time division and it will show you what would have happened.
There was no other league BIG enough to do it. What would have happened was a couple of guys might have accepted a No Coast battle. Some of the bigger names would have gotten to dont flop. Some of the street dudes MIGHT have made it to Smack. But to pretend like the West Coast helped KOTD more than KOTD help westcoast is false.

Without the west coast KOTD can still book talent from all over the world. They could have taken all the other GT non west coast mcs and still would have been successful

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 03:19 AM   #42
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
I would call it a mutually beneficial relationship at the time. Yeah, the West was dead and KOTD was doing well, but it wasn't gonna last forever. KOTD would have been in rough shape a lot quicker if not for the west. Even at that point in time the Canadian talent pool was on its way to being non existent. By adopting the west, they became part of "KOTDs roster".

Simply put, the west kept KOTD on or near the top much longer than they would have been otherwise. There hasn't been a good Toronto event in like 3 years, there's 0 battlers anyone really gives a shit about from Canada anymore...Pat and Bender are both a dice roll performance wise at this point and everyone else in Canada just straight up garbage.
I'm notsaying KOTD ddin't get help from the west But the west didn't save them. KOTD had the whole rest of the US to pick talent from

Old 02-09-2018, 03:23 AM   #43
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Quote:
I would call it a mutually beneficial relationship at the time. Yeah, the West was dead and KOTD was doing well, but it wasn't gonna last forever. KOTD would have been in rough shape a lot quicker if not for the west. Even at that point in time the Canadian talent pool was on its way to being non existent. By adopting the west, they became part of "KOTDs roster".

Simply put, the west kept KOTD on or near the top much longer than they would have been otherwise. There hasn't been a good Toronto event in like 3 years, there's 0 battlers anyone really gives a shit about from Canada anymore...Pat and Bender are both a dice roll performance wise at this point and everyone else in Canada just straight up garbage.
You must not watch allot of KOTD events. Maybe missed the last two Gully vs Ganik events which were both fire.
And BlackOut was good

Charron still gets views and good battles but I guess he retired
Pat as a dice roll is a joke comment
bender I agree with
They don't have allot of Top tier talent at the moment but I think they are producing some of the best lower tier mid card type talent

Old 02-11-2018, 09:35 PM   #44
Casual

Mentioned: 451 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMumbles905 View Post
You must not watch allot of KOTD events. Maybe missed the last two Gully vs Ganik events which were both fire.
And BlackOut was good

Charron still gets views and good battles but I guess he retired
Pat as a dice roll is a joke comment
bender I agree with
They don't have allot of Top tier talent at the moment but I think they are producing some of the best lower tier mid card type talent
Gvg2 was trash by all accounts man lol.

Pat is absolutely a dice roll. You'll probably get at least one good round but outside of Hollow what was his last complete showing?

"They are producing some of the best lower tier mid card type talent". Yeah...I agree? That's kind of the problem. It's weird that you're positioning that as a good thing lol. Every league has lower mid card talent. The good leagues have top tier talent and that's what separates them.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 09:36 PM   #45
Casual

Mentioned: 451 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMumbles905 View Post
I'm notsaying KOTD ddin't get help from the west But the west didn't save them. KOTD had the whole rest of the US to pick talent from
I guess that's why they decided to book a bunch of washed up New York mid tiers for GvG2.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 09:50 PM   #46
iamHBY

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Gvg2 was trash by all accounts man lol.
Eddy I. vs. Ness Lee and A. Ward vs. Cortez were both very fire battles. The rest of the battles were pretty much landslide victories for the vets though.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:53 PM   #47
corny

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
corny is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
Eddy I. vs. Ness Lee and A. Ward vs. Cortez were both very fire battles. The rest of the battles were pretty much landslide victories for the vets though.
I gotta admit I watched their release trailer for that event and ill actually watch most of those battles when they drop

Tags