Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Above the Devil by Lush ONe is a fire album

Old 04-25-2018, 02:08 AM   #1
Profess

Mentioned: 244 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Above the Devil by Lush ONe is a fire album

While he was mediating the YR/CP beef this album was mentioned. If you cop a CD from his bandcamp that will get him trending. Which is good for the scene

https://lushone.bandcamp.com/album/above-the-devil

Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:05 AM   #2
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I like the beats and vibes, not convinced about Lush's rapping yet, he has the concepts but not really the flow and musicality.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:07 AM   #3
Battlehogg

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
Ain’t nobody paying money for a Lush One album lol
Battlehogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:45 AM   #4
magik

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
magik is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
he has the concepts but not really the flow and musicality.
Pretty much this. There's something about the way he projects that is just like nails on a chalkboard type shit, where it makes it impossible for me to get into.

I appreciate alot of the shit he dabbles in outside of the music though, the guy's knowledgebase in general is on a scary level, the blog thing is awesome as is his contributions on RYD

But rapping it just doesn't work for me.

Plexx just makes it sound like it comes natural to him, but then Lush comes in and it's almost like his voice drowns in the beat.

I guess the closest i could come to describing it, is that the way he projects lacks any kind of 'melodic' tone to me

^ This shit works

Last edited by magik; 04-25-2018 at 10:53 AM.
magik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 02:52 PM   #5
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
there's sometimes where's he's slightly offbeat in a deliberate way and it's super dope, and other times where he's just offbeat, it's like sometimes he's trying to pack in too many styles at once. On beat I like DBD a lot he's concise flows well etc.
Cuntoffs are Jumps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 08:10 AM   #6
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuntoffs are Jumps View Post
there's sometimes where's he's slightly offbeat in a deliberate way and it's super dope, and other times where he's just offbeat, it's like sometimes he's trying to pack in too many styles at once. On beat I like DBD a lot he's concise flows well etc.
Yeah, DBD seems very self-aware and never tries to do stuff that he can't do. Lush is trying to push the envelope, but I think the track often escapes him because of that. He has a track where he tries E40 style bounce, but you have to have real presence to pull off that style and Lush just gets lost.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:59 PM   #7
EchosMyron

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
EchosMyron is not the worst person
Ringtone is fire.
EchosMyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 02:45 AM   #8
King John
AKA Barry McCockiner

Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
King John is not the worst person
I'm not sure if niggas is serious or not when they say Lush's music is anything but straight trash. Chase makes some fire beats, unfortunately they're wasted on Lush trying to rap.
King John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 03:35 AM   #9
corny

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
corny is a PY Poster
I honestly don't listen to a lot of rap so i'm not a professional when it comes to these kind of opinions but I actually like lushone's flow..it's unique to me
Old 04-27-2018, 02:09 PM   #10
Profess

Mentioned: 244 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
One thing that stands out about Lush's album is that even though he's from a world that is all about classic hip hop, he advocates mumble rap here. Lush is pushing the culture forward but also respecting the past. Can I get a UNO!
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 03:03 PM   #11
Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Fanatic is a PY Poster
I bought the this last week. It’s a really fuckin good. Lush got way better and genuinely killed it. This and np4 are my favorite battle rap related albums in god knows how long. Definitely impressive work.
Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 04:25 PM   #12
Bwdawatt

Bwdawatt is not the worst person
I think he should never rap again. I can't think of a single type of song he'd be able to rap well tbh.
Bwdawatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 05:08 PM   #13
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
it's funny to me to ssee these wildly polarised opinions.

i like Lush's music, but i don't necessarily think he's amazing either. seems i'm in a small minority there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 11:32 PM   #14
Fanatic

Fanatic is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Diary View Post
it's funny to me to ssee these wildly polarised opinions.

i like Lush's music, but i don't necessarily think he's amazing either. seems i'm in a small minority there.
Heís gotten great. A lot of people hate just because itís him and give props to mediocrity. Above the Devil and np four are top notch albums.
Old 05-01-2018, 11:53 AM   #15
Bwdawatt

Bwdawatt is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanatic View Post
Heís gotten great. A lot of people hate just because itís him and give props to mediocrity. Above the Devil and np four are top notch albums.
If by "because it's him" you mean "because he's an awkward person" then yeah, I think that translates to his music.
Bwdawatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 04:31 PM   #16
Fanatic

Fanatic is a PY Poster
Itís easy to tell which posters have girlfriends that Lush slept with. Crazy.
Old 05-01-2018, 05:38 PM   #17
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
NP4 is great and Lush is a rather important part of that but he's far and away not the only reason the album is tight. Chase, Bobby, Fredo, Illmac, DBD et al are every instrumental in that too.

Above the Devil i admittedly have only listened to twice so far and i enjoyed it. it's a really cool album. i'm in no way trying to shit on Lush, far from it.

i just think it's funny that people have such strong opinions on him in here. i love what 667 are doing but this isn't the standout album of their recent-ish releases to me. Fredo's and Chase's albums i both prefer to it tbh.

but obviously if you love Lush's music more power to you and enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:45 PM   #18
Fanatic

Fanatic is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Diary View Post
NP4 is great and Lush is a rather important part of that but he's far and away not the only reason the album is tight. Chase, Bobby, Fredo, Illmac, DBD et al are every instrumental in that too.

Above the Devil i admittedly have only listened to twice so far and i enjoyed it. it's a really cool album. i'm in no way trying to shit on Lush, far from it.

i just think it's funny that people have such strong opinions on him in here. i love what 667 are doing but this isn't the standout album of their recent-ish releases to me. Fredo's and Chase's albums i both prefer to it tbh.

but obviously if you love Lush's music more power to you and enjoy!
Itís way better then Fredos album which was only decent to me. He doesnít rap about anything besides weed on there itís repetitive. Chaseís album was good but not as good as Above The Devil at all. Above the Devil and Bobbyís album are my favorites from 667 so far.
Old 05-01-2018, 06:52 PM   #19
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
Quote:
Itís easy to tell which posters that Lush slept with. Crazy.
Fixed (j/k)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags