Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
I just dropped a new Podcast w/ Dizaster, spoke bout Bodied, Russia, KOTD etc peep it

Old 05-08-2018, 10:30 PM   #1
Okwerdz
We Have A The Saurus

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Okwerdz is not the worst person
I just dropped a new Podcast w/ Dizaster, spoke bout Bodied, Russia, KOTD etc peep it

hey guys do people still use this site? hope everyone is well! anyways i just dropped a new episode with Diz that i thought yall might be interested in, check it out and lemme kno what you think. thanx

Okwerdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 10:34 PM   #2
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 346 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
Hell yeah watching now

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch
PJ Sumroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 10:35 PM   #3
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 346 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
@Okwerdz you ever think about jumpin in the ring again? Like on Ruin Your Day or BOTZ?

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch
PJ Sumroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 01:12 AM   #4
Dusted123

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Dusted123 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Sumroc View Post
@Okwerdz you ever think about jumpin in the ring again? Like on Ruin Your Day or BOTZ?
Okwerdz in a rumble on BOTZ!
Dusted123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 03:26 AM   #5
Okwerdz
We Have A The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Sumroc View Post
yah i think about jumping in the ring all the time for the last couple years or so now but it never ended up materializing. hope you liked the episode, appreciate ya watching.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:18 AM   #6
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
If there's anything to take away from this episode, it's that Oshea's da gawd.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 06:24 AM   #7
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Few cliffnotes:

-Anthony Michel Hall>>>>
-Diz definitely buys his own hype. After listening to this, I am not convinced Diz is all that, but Diz definitely believes he is the greatest actor/ rapper/ talent ever.
-Everyone at KOTD is beefing with each other? Crazy if true!
-Diz is actually trying to defend not writing three rounds because he only writes when he is happy?!? I know he's an 'artist', but damn!
-Diz has another battle on URL.
-Diz's reasons for not rating Charron are hilariously on point

Good to see Ok was able to rein him in somewhat, this was actually a reasonably good listen.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.

Last edited by Emancee; 05-09-2018 at 09:43 AM.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 12:03 AM   #8
ass2myface

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
yeah, diz was actually pretty coherent here tbh. KOTD not promoting the NEMS battle right, was pretty accurate. I'm guessing most of KOTD's newer fan base isn't very familiar with his fight klub work and the announcement coming out of left filed didn't help any build up.

He actually admitted his lack of business experience was at fault for the fallout with the oxy battle. Russians bootleg game is no joke lol, so not putting that battle out right away was pretty stupid though.

Not a fan of all his battles like most, but I fucks with his passion for the craft at the end of the day tbh.
ass2myface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 01:03 AM   #9
Battlehogg

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
I wonder who this hip hop legend he’s in negotiations with to battle might be?
Battlehogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 01:27 AM   #10
ass2myface

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlehogg View Post
I wonder who this hip hop legend he’s in negotiations with to battle might be?
just a guess obviously, but i'm thinking supernat or king los. Not bigger names per say to the general public over cassidy or canibus, but Diz thinks pretty highly of them.
ass2myface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 01:50 AM   #11
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by ass2myface View Post
He actually admitted his lack of business experience was at fault for the fallout with the oxy battle. Russians bootleg game is no joke lol, so not putting that battle out right away was pretty stupid though.
I think Organik was expecting the Russians to buy the PPV and was already spending the million plus PPV sales in his head. Instead like ONE Russian bought the PPV and made a million downloads out of it, lol.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:57 AM   #12
Battlehogg

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ass2myface View Post
just a guess obviously, but i'm thinking supernat or king los. Not bigger names per say to the general public over cassidy or canibus, but Diz thinks pretty highly of them.
That would be dope to see how Supernat goes in the accapella era. King Los would be dope too. I was thinking more along the lines of a Joe Budden which wouldn’t really be interesting to me.
Battlehogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 03:02 AM   #13
iamHBY

iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
I think Organik was expecting the Russians to buy the PPV and was already spending the million plus PPV sales in his head. Instead like ONE Russian bought the PPV and made a million downloads out of it, lol.
I thought part of the delay of putting out the battle (which was fully edited and uploaded to YouTube I believe less than 12 hours after it happened) had to do with Oxxxymiron and his manager pulling an all nighter alongside Clayton in making sure the Russian subtitles were accurately added to the battle.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:02 AM   #14
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlehogg View Post
That would be dope to see how Supernat goes in the accapella era. King Los would be dope too. I was thinking more along the lines of a Joe Budden which wouldn’t really be interesting to me.
It for sure will be some 90s rap legend, not someone like King Los. I would bet on someone like Sticky Fingaz, a member of D12 or MC Ren or someone like that.
Old 05-10-2018, 01:41 PM   #15
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
Diz is erratic at times but is clearly a very very smart dude the stuff about KOTD needing to promote Nems with promotional vids summing up his past achievements etc. to their newer fans is 1000% correct.

How is Nems vs Head Ice (ffs) gonna go down with a Toronto crowd more familiar with Krome and Charron than these two + if you're not in at least your late 20s you wouldn't have caught Nems first time round.
Cuntoffs are Jumps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:29 PM   #16
grandgroove

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
grandgroove is better than Grind Time Australiagrandgroove is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okwerdz View Post
hey guys do people still use this site? hope everyone is well! anyways i just dropped a new episode with Diz that i thought yall might be interested in, check it out and lemme kno what you think. thanx

Thanks, Ok! Good to have seen you on the RYD Watch video. Looking healthy and happy!
grandgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:49 PM   #17
iamHBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuntoffs are Jumps View Post
Diz is erratic at times but is clearly a very very smart dude the stuff about KOTD needing to promote Nems with promotional vids summing up his past achievements etc. to their newer fans is 1000% correct.

How is Nems vs Head Ice (ffs) gonna go down with a Toronto crowd more familiar with Krome and Charron than these two + if you're not in at least your late 20s you wouldn't have caught Nems first time round.
*Boston crowd.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:52 PM   #18
Okwerdz
We Have A The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
If there's anything to take away from this episode, it's that Oshea's da gawd.
haha one of the best parts, im glad it happened, that was just a random tangent that came outta no where too.

glad yall seem to be enjoying the Podcast too appreciate yall! if u really fucking with it like that u might wanna try some of the other episodes too, if you looking for something more battle rap still before you jump all the way in peep the hollow episode. we got an episode with Allen Covert the star of Grandma's Boy dropping next then we filming with skate legend Steve Caballero, Tom Arnold & a few more surprises.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:53 PM   #19
Okwerdz
We Have A The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandgroove View Post
Thanks, Ok! Good to have seen you on the RYD Watch video. Looking healthy and happy!
appreciate it man thanx! crazy that watch is like a year old, i just thought it wasnt coming out then they dropped it out the blue. E Ness still the gawd!
Old 05-10-2018, 04:09 PM   #20
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
*Boston crowd.
Yeah that makes more sense. I suck, still they should play up the legacies of vets more nonetheless, also re: the podcast enjoyed the Slug one too, any chance of Open Mike Eagle? as an ex-battler / all round dope dude
Old 05-10-2018, 04:11 PM   #21
Cuntoffs are Jumps

And Abstract Rude please
Old 05-10-2018, 05:16 PM   #22
Feral Linguist

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
Exclamation

Quote:
haha one of the best parts, im glad it happened, that was just a random tangent that came outta no where too.

glad yall seem to be enjoying the Podcast too appreciate yall! if u really fucking with it like that u might wanna try some of the other episodes too, if you looking for something more battle rap still before you jump all the way in peep the hollow episode. we got an episode with Allen Covert the star of Grandma's Boy dropping next then we filming with skate legend Steve Caballero, Tom Arnold & a few more surprises.
who are the top 5 people you would want to battle in present times?
Old 05-11-2018, 03:31 PM   #23
Okwerdz
We Have A The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Linguist View Post
who are the top 5 people you would want to battle in present times?
i dont think there are even 5 people that id like to battle right now. Dont really wanna disclose names & make it some public issue at the moment but lets just say many of the people who book quality battles already know who they are so if they want to make it happen its really up to them at this point. I dont believe i have asked for anything unrealistic so it wouldnt be difficult to accomplish at all if they wanted to make it happen.
Old 05-11-2018, 03:33 PM   #24
Okwerdz
We Have A The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuntoffs are Jumps View Post
Yeah that makes more sense. I suck, still they should play up the legacies of vets more nonetheless, also re: the podcast enjoyed the Slug one too, any chance of Open Mike Eagle? as an ex-battler / all round dope dude
open mike eagle would be fire thanx for the suggestion, hes a really good dude. appreciate you checking out the slug episode too, trying to get some more rappers aside from all the other randomness i have on there.
Old 05-11-2018, 03:37 PM   #25
Feral Linguist

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
Thumbs up

Quote:
i dont think there are even 5 people that id like to battle right now. Dont really wanna disclose names & make it some public issue at the moment but lets just say many of the people who book quality battles already know who they are so if they want to make it happen its really up to them at this point. I dont believe i have asked for anything unrealistic so it wouldnt be difficult to accomplish at all if they wanted to make it happen.
cool man, I appreciate the response
Old 05-16-2018, 05:10 AM   #26
MCVeteran

MCVeteran is a PY Poster
Quote:

A white boy named brian peeeeeeeblessss.

Hello Brian. I miss talking shit to you daily on the rapmusic forums.

Time heals all though and im ready to put my hating aside for the culture.

I hope Cowtown is treating you well, Brian. Please give us an update on Stratus.

-McVet
MCVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:13 AM   #27
MCVeteran

MCVeteran is a PY Poster
I also watched your show. I enjoyed it. <3
MCVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 04:08 PM   #28
Okwerdz
We Have A The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCVeteran View Post
A white boy named brian peeeeeeeblessss.

Hello Brian. I miss talking shit to you daily on the rapmusic forums.

Time heals all though and im ready to put my hating aside for the culture.

I hope Cowtown is treating you well, Brian. Please give us an update on Stratus.

-McVet
whoa this is kind of a big moment we may need to get this post stickied now cuz shit just got real! Stratus is doing well btw.

Tags