Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
I believe...

Old 08-18-2018, 07:07 PM   #1
Blaze Won
Gravy Crockett

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Blaze Won is not the worst person
I believe...

We're about to see a huge shift in the powers that be in battle rap after tonite.
Kinda the way we had when T-Rex vs Math battled. I'm kind of glad for RBE. I really like ARP and think he is one of the best guys involved in battle rap. I honestly never imagined URL NOT being the #1 battle league. I always thought...if KOTD can't take them down (and I personally enjoyed KOTD battles more)....no one could...Especially not another league from NYC!!!

I've never been a fan of Mook. I've always gave him his due obviously but I have more memories of Aye-Verb....but I've never been more interested in what a battle rapper has to say outside of Mood tonite. I think experience and wisdom are gonna be the determining factors on why Mook not only beats Verb tonite...but set the bar again for battle rap. I think we all love Verb but we all feel like we've seen his ceiling. Mook has the advantage of the unknown...we don't know what his ceiling is.

I say that to say this...he sold this fight.
Old 08-19-2018, 12:09 AM   #2
Blaze Won
Gravy Crockett

Plz delete
Old 08-19-2018, 12:29 AM   #3
god level

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
wut r u 12
god level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 02:06 AM   #4
Feral Linguist

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze Won View Post
Plz delete
ahhhhh ahahaha
Old 08-19-2018, 11:47 AM   #5
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
it's prolly a lack of seasoning on my part but I never fully got the Mook thing, vs Serius I preferred Serius (though prolly I should rewatch) and I remember thinking his Total Slaughter performance was absolute ass biscuits, vs Iron I loved the Zimmerman approach and was like okay his crowd control aura etc. is second to none.

But battle rap is characterised by over-reaction (so emotional) 'Mook trash lolz' he still was a huge part of building this house...
Cuntoffs are Jumps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 02:29 PM   #6
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuntoffs are Jumps View Post
was like okay his crowd control aura etc. is second to none.
Sounds like you totally get it. Rap, especially in front of a big crowd, isn't only about bars people also want to listen to non-boring personalities.
Michael Vick/ dogs bars
Unironic kids movie gun bars
Any reference to a movie where you state exactly what happened in that movie without changing it
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:06 PM   #7
Blaze Won
Gravy Crockett

I'll say this....Mook vs verb was 10x better than Mook vs Solomon
Old 08-19-2018, 08:13 PM   #8
Profess

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
RBE def set a high bar, but URL has urned the right to have until SM8 til anyone can start legit clams that RBE is now the top league. And that his incorporation of 6 sigma principals has been a major reason my his supervisory might be better suited for running a top league as opposed to Organik, Teddy Gristle, or Smack.
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 08:16 PM   #9
Profess

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze Won View Post
I'll say this....Mook vs verb was 10x better than Mook vs Solomon
For sure, Mook's meat scheme was more entertaining than the Skittles angle
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:46 AM   #10
god level

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuntoffs are Jumps View Post
it's prolly a lack of seasoning on my part but I never fully got the Mook thing, vs Serius I preferred Serius (though prolly I should rewatch) and I remember thinking his Total Slaughter performance was absolute ass biscuits, vs Iron I loved the Zimmerman approach and was like okay his crowd control aura etc. is second to none.

But battle rap is characterised by over-reaction (so emotional) 'Mook trash lolz' he still was a huge part of building this house...
Nah fool I thought Mook WAS trash. I thought Serius clearly beat him. And I always thought Math took his battle rap persona from Serius Jones. But the fact that quite a bit of battlers I respect really hold him in high regard makes me HAVE to respect him.

It was even a joke back then that Mook had to battle so many times just to try to get a record deal when the really good ones (i.e. Serius at the time/Jin also) didn't have to battle as much in the DVDs, I was led to believe.
(I hope Hollow uses that angle)

He doesn't truly impress me anyway, other than his great delivery and battle rap icon presence

Last edited by god level; 08-20-2018 at 02:51 AM.
god level is offline   Reply With Quote