Announcement I am beasley of smack/ url

Old 05-05-2014, 01:58 AM   #41
BEASLEY
VIP

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
BEASLEY is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopher D'Gusto View Post
Beas, what's your take on the current battle landscape as far as throwing events goes? It seems all it takes now to have a major event is a stage and enough money. Do you feel "supercards" like the upcoming ones in Arizona and Baltimore undermine the work of you and your colleagues?
HAHA This is a great question as well as a touchy subject. It's good for the MC's because they can battle all over and make money but bad because they end up spreading themselves thin trying to catch every dollar. I wish these leagues would create their own talent!!! This would make it more interesting because when they use the same MC's it diminishes their value and kills anticipation for big events.. for example lets say DNA is set to battle Charlie Clips on a URL but two weeks before DNA battles astro pack jack in Oregon it kills the vibe for his super fight.. If we could see KOTD with only pat stay, bender, daylyt etc. and URL with Clips, DNA, T-Rex etc. and The other leagues with their talent it would make it okay for all these leagues to exist. Lately it seems like everybody is trying to do SMACK/ URL battles without SMACK.. I recently saw a trailer for a big event and the voice over for the event was nearly identical to a voiceover for a URL trailer.. The tone of the voice, slogans , MC's on the card & voice used.. haha Amazing!!! I watch these leagues pop up and die every year.. These guys come in offer tons of money that they can't recoup because the culture isn't there yet. This is bad because it makes the MC's believe that this money exists and they become frustrated when they can't get it again.. This is when you see your favorite battle rappers doing short rounds or one rounders in an attempt to do something that equates to that one time pay day.
The bottom line is these leagues don't help and won''t contribute to what's going on until they create more stars.. URL can't be the only platform to depend on for new talent.. Every super card is loaded with URL MC's .. I wanna see somebody do a mega card without URL MC's.. At the end of the day Im use to this continued foolishness.. hahaha.. Let's see what how this all pans out
BEASLEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:07 AM   #42
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Mentioned: 805 Post(s)
Luke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gggyea View Post
FUCKIN TAWWWK TOEM LUKE!!!! its ridiculous. but theyll never tell u its jealousy that philly never bowed down to punk ass NYC in the old days. now they are black balling THE REAL SPITTERS from philly out the game. everyone knows that philly has the real spitters round the tri state. let the real spitters in the game and be prepared for philly to kick the fuckin door down..

PHILLY IN DA BUILDING WE DA ONLY THING TA TALK ABOUT!
@Beasely

Top Five Best at "Flow", all time - Joey Jihad, E Ness, Arsonal, Calicoe, Yung Ill (when he is on point)
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:14 AM   #43
J.V.L.
Banned

Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
J.V.L. is not the worst person
Don't mind Luke. He moved to Philly a month ago and thinks he's from there now.
J.V.L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:18 AM   #44
BEASLEY
VIP

BEASLEY is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
@Beasely
There are some new guys from Philly that you will see in PG's that are dope.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:22 AM   #45
Loc

Mentioned: 417 Post(s)
Loc is not the worst person
@BEASLEY Any advice for up and coming battle rappers who wanna make it to the URL Stage? What I gotta do to make it?
Old 05-05-2014, 02:46 AM   #46
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJQuotes View Post
In an interview, I heard you say you used to dabble in graf. Me too. Was most active from '90 to the early 2000's, but Giuliani really fucked things up for writers, and I was getting too old to be getting locked up for that shit.

Do you still write? Did you bomb hard or were you on some toy shit? What areas did you hit the most? What do you think of the current state of graffiti in NYC?
my interest is peaked

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:49 AM   #47
BEASLEY
VIP

BEASLEY is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG KANNON View Post
Will we ever see big kannon back on url?????
Possibly if a match comes about that makes sense..
Old 05-05-2014, 02:53 AM   #48
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
@BEASLEY, I know you spoke a little bit on your Untold Truth interview about doing something with some of the URL battles that have been in The Vault for awhile; is there a chance that URL will do something like still showcasing good rounds that certain battlers had in a battle where their opponent choked a bunch (e.g.: A battle along the lines of 100 Bulletz vs. T-Dubb-O)?
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:57 AM   #49
BEASLEY
VIP

BEASLEY is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikForeman View Post
Great to have you Beasley! We appreciate what you've done for battle rap

How has UFF affected URL? Do you see yourselves ever shying away from the "event" structure and focusing on "meant for tv" format?

Have you ever heard of RMBVA before you were approached for this Q&A?
UFF is good for us so far.. I enjoy it as business move as well as a fan.. The battles have been dope.. I think we gave freestyle friday a much needed update. UFF is a raw as you can possibly be on network television.. URL will always continue to do mega events and even small events in record shops etc. it's what keeps us grounded and authentic.

I heard about RMBVA for sometime.. people have mentioned it in unbias review and Serge T downloaded me on everything when you first launched
Old 05-05-2014, 02:59 AM   #50
wizworld
I back my meat out

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
wizworld probably likes in here/hair word play
For a non serious question....
Have you ever prank called Battle Rap Arena and pretended to be someone else?
wizworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:59 AM   #51
BEASLEY
VIP

BEASLEY is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kang View Post
Any thoughts for SM4 of bringing back a legend like Soul Khan?He was really popular and accepted there.If you could put on the Khan Conceited battle it would be a big win for the culture and URL.Im sure if the price is right SK would return for this grudge match
Man i've tried to get Soul Khan back for sometime but he is focused on his music which is actually pretty good.. Maybe one day he will get the urge to return to the ring and I'll make a super match with him and whoever makes sense.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:03 AM   #52
BEASLEY
VIP

BEASLEY is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc View Post
@BEASLEY Any advice for up and coming battle rappers who wanna make it to the URL Stage? What I gotta do to make it?
Battle where ever you can so you have some decent footage of you in action. come to proving grounds and introduce yourself and have bars on deck for anybody in the bldg. if we have time we may shoot your battle right on the spot. Study the game tapes and see what the best guys are doing to stand out and then create your own style...
Old 05-05-2014, 03:03 AM   #53
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyProehl View Post
my interest is peaked
*piqued

Get subtle nuances in language = Get pussy

...awready
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:05 AM   #54
Loc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEASLEY View Post
Battle where ever you can so you have some decent footage of you in action. come to proving grounds and introduce yourself and have bars on deck for anybody in the bldg. if we have time we may shoot your battle right on the spot. Study the game tapes and see what the best guys are doing to stand out and then create your own style...
Thanks so much for the answer! You'll see me in the PG one day.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:06 AM   #55
Loc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
*piqued

Get subtle nuances in language = Get pussy

...awready
DISCLAIMER: DON'T READ IF YOU TAKE ME SERIOUSLY:

So basically, you're saying that all black males get no pussy?
Old 05-05-2014, 03:07 AM   #56
BEASLEY
VIP

BEASLEY is a PY Poster
footage is key.. battle at the league closet to your city and put that work in.. send us the links.. don't stop pushing until you reach your goal
Old 05-05-2014, 03:07 AM   #57
hiphopisreal.com
hiphopisreal.com

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
hiphopisreal.com has seen da-feet
Quote:
What's RMBVA ? Thank You for having me.. Talk to me
Hey Beasley

this is a forum or thread for video post or hip hop & battle rap discussion on a variety of topics dealing with the culture.. I joined a few months ago when i found out that a lot of my youtube views came from this source.. when i investigated i seen this wonderful site catered to People in our Niche so i joined and been on everyday since.. Its a wonderful site if used right and haven't had many problems here.. Enjoy
Old 05-05-2014, 03:07 AM   #58
Loc

Quote:
footage is key.. battle at the league closet to your city and put that work in.. send us the links.. don't stop pushing until you reach your goal
Who can I send the links to?
Old 05-05-2014, 03:08 AM   #59
GetPaid

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
GetPaid is better than Grind Time AustraliaGetPaid is better than Grind Time Australia
Now that Qleen Paper is getting back into battling, what are the chances he'll be back on the mainstage? I know you know he's a rare talent, but how many battles does he have to take and perform well in before URL gives him another shot?
GetPaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:09 AM   #60
Exenexex
project pattahhhhh

Mentioned: 322 Post(s)
Exenexex is better than Grind Time AustraliaExenexex is better than Grind Time AustraliaExenexex is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
I recently saw a trailer for a big event and the voice over for the event was nearly identical to a voiceover for a URL trailer.. The tone of the voice, slogans , MC's on the card & voice used.. haha Amazing!!!
Referring to Total Slaughter 1? Royce really strived his hardest to sound like you lmaooo
Exenexex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:09 AM   #61
BEASLEY
VIP

BEASLEY is a PY Poster
@BEASLEYnyc @urltv @Streestarnorbe @SMACKwhite and other rappers in the game
Old 05-05-2014, 03:11 AM   #62
Loc

Quote:
@BEASLEYnyc @urltv @Streestarnorbe @SMACKwhite and other rappers in the game
Thanks man. One of these days you gonna see alot of mentions on twitter
Old 05-05-2014, 03:15 AM   #63
BEASLEY
VIP

BEASLEY is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exenexex View Post
Referring to Total Slaughter 1? Royce really strived his hardest to sound like you lmaooo
HAHAHA it's flattering on one end because shady records is a huge corporate giant who can focus on anything they want to in the world and they chose to emulate SMACK/ URL to the tee.. But it's sad because they are a hiphop label and one of the laws of HipHop is to be original.. They have also been in the press acting like they have invented something new.. haha smh.. shows me that battle rap is where it's at right now.. I just hope they don't fuck up because it will set us back.. They need to do a little more homework because they lack experience in this area..
Old 05-05-2014, 03:17 AM   #64
Serge T
Magitek Mayhem

Mentioned: 314 Post(s)
Serge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local league
Loc and GP, stop derailing. No need for that. Lmao@that last one though.
Serge T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:18 AM   #65
Memphis
Coon

Mentioned: 410 Post(s)
Memphis is not the worst person
@BEASLEY

How do you feel about one off's.

One off's have been URL's best battles

I understand niggas got to get there money but more Main Event niggas should be down to do One Off's, those are usually the best battles
Old 05-05-2014, 03:21 AM   #66
Loc

How did you meet Smack?
Old 05-05-2014, 03:26 AM   #67
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
mapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarctica
just wanna shoutout you guys for the quality of the mics on the UFF... i know theres a good chance that was set up and provided by BET but perhaps you guys could use the same equipment in future battles... easily the best hands free mics and sound quality i've heard
mapleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:29 AM   #68
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 836 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
What's RMBVA ? Thank You for having me.. Talk to me
yo Beasley...why specifically did Dose vs Lotta Zay get vaulted, and will it ever be released? Did you and the URL staff ever consider booking Dose for more battles because he has a much more fresh and unpredictable style than the majority of other new smack battlers? A lot of people sound the same nowadays and I think having a few dose battles would liven things up. thoughts? And also please advise about the dose v lotta footage.

thanks
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:34 AM   #69
CBA

Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
CBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICE
@BEASLEY, we've seen more and more people incorporate gimmicks into their performances, whether it's costumes, pictures on big screens, having others jump in the battle and say something, props - do you think this stuff is good for battle rap? Do you think this is going to be the future and that there will eventually be a lot more of this?
CBA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:41 AM   #70
BEASLEY
VIP

BEASLEY is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
@BEASLEY

How do you feel about one off's.

One off's have been URL's best battles

I understand niggas got to get there money but more Main Event niggas should be down to do One Off's, those are usually the best battles
I agree with you 100% I wish more guys would do it for the quality it brings to the culture
Old 05-05-2014, 03:42 AM   #71
BEASLEY
VIP

BEASLEY is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf View Post
just wanna shoutout you guys for the quality of the mics on the UFF... i know theres a good chance that was set up and provided by BET but perhaps you guys could use the same equipment in future battles... easily the best hands free mics and sound quality i've heard
The same camera crew is shooting NOME 4
Old 05-05-2014, 03:44 AM   #72
BEASLEY
VIP

BEASLEY is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdk View Post
yo Beasley...why specifically did Dose vs Lotta Zay get vaulted, and will it ever be released? Did you and the URL staff ever consider booking Dose for more battles because he has a much more fresh and unpredictable style than the majority of other new smack battlers? A lot of people sound the same nowadays and I think having a few dose battles would liven things up. thoughts? And also please advise about the dose v lotta footage.

thanks
Dose vs Lottazay battle will drop soon.. I have considered doing more Dose battles just none lined up yet.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:47 AM   #73
BEASLEY
VIP

BEASLEY is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharronBeatArsonal View Post
@BEASLEY, we've seen more and more people incorporate gimmicks into their performances, whether it's costumes, pictures on big screens, having others jump in the battle and say something, props - do you think this stuff is good for battle rap? Do you think this is going to be the future and that there will eventually be a lot more of this?
Everything is cool as long as it's done in moderation.. We can't lose sight of the bars at the end of the day.. Gimmicks or props are cool just as long as your bars meet the hype of your gimmick
Old 05-05-2014, 03:48 AM   #74
Serge T
Magitek Mayhem

Mentioned: 314 Post(s)
Serge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local league
My question is:

What is the best battlerap discussion forum online and why is it rmbva.com?
Serge T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:49 AM   #75
Loc

Who's your favorite wrestler?
Old 05-05-2014, 03:51 AM   #76
thatsliiiiighttt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
thatsliiiiighttt is a PY Poster
Beasley can you finally settle the whole lagging on the releasing of the battles?

what's the deal with that? is it costly to edit and release the vids? or is it some type of strategy to wait weeks/months to release battles? no complaints just want to finally settle this issue.... there hasnt been a clear answer on why the url release schedule is the way it is.... Thank you for your hardwork and giving us entertainment.

ps. why does smack use namsayean every 2 words? lol dude got a nervous twitch?
Old 05-05-2014, 04:08 AM   #77
SWJames

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
SWJames is a PY Poster
Surprised big zero ain't here yet lmao!

But on the real though, have you thought of learning Portuguese?
SWJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:12 AM   #78
rocky
Contributor

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
rocky is not the worst person
so what is the likelihood of URL doing ppv? Folks complain about waiting for footage to be uploaded after long gaps, or if the footage gets uploaded at all, and ppv can afford you purchasing fans that satisfy this complaint. Or, too many folks cannot attend the events via distance, or the price-point for many folks struggling may not be affordable enough for live events, and therefore ppv may be a cheaper option for a lot of folks. Ur thoughts on the matter?

Carter Deems>>>>>>
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:57 AM   #79
Maven

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Maven probably likes in here/hair word play
Will URL book Pat Stay a battle?

Will URL tour more cities?
Maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:00 AM   #80
BEASLEY
VIP

BEASLEY is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky View Post
so what is the likelihood of URL doing ppv? Folks complain about waiting for footage to be uploaded after long gaps, or if the footage gets uploaded at all, and ppv can afford you purchasing fans that satisfy this complaint. Or, too many folks cannot attend the events via distance, or the price-point for many folks struggling may not be affordable enough for live events, and therefore ppv may be a cheaper option for a lot of folks. Ur thoughts on the matter?
The problem with PPV is everybody knows the streams can be cracked now.. Nobody is buying PPV.. all these so called PPV leagues paying big money are no longer around.. PPV kills the excitement of the events... People stop talking about the battles immediately and they just don't hold the same value.. People are watching the bootleg versions of all these battles.. very few are actually paying for PPV

Tags
beas da don, fohclown, kotd butthurt like a drag fag, url # 1, url stay winning, youcantcopyrespect