Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
So Hollow actually recorded that interview during his 3rd vs Pat..

Old 05-21-2016, 12:28 PM   #1
Oscar Wilde

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Oscar Wilde is not the worst person
So Hollow actually recorded that interview during his 3rd vs Pat..

First battle rapper to get 4-0'd

Oscar Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 01:02 PM   #2
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
If I was fat maybe he could've told fart jokes...

Yeah, I think pat edged this one. His 3rd was Def better than hollow's

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 01:24 PM   #3
pityposter
aka ekelon

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
pityposter User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Haha, didn't expect that camera to be actually rolling

But when Hollow told Pat "How's it feel being the first battle rapper to get 4-0'd", in my opinion, Math Hoffa was the first battle rapper to get 4-0'd when he battled Diz on TS and KOTD
pityposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 01:35 PM   #4
Emancee

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
It's original, but this is a kinda wack angle honestly...
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 01:56 PM   #5
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post

But when Hollow told Pat "How's it feel being the first battle rapper to get 4-0'd", in my opinion, Math Hoffa was the first battle rapper to get 4-0'd when he battled Diz on TS and KOTD
Math 3-0d or at the very least 2-1d Diz at BOLA.

I already said, Hollohan is the only rapper to get 4-0d (by Clips)
Shadowposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 01:58 PM   #6
paddy87

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
paddy87 is better than Grind Time Australiapaddy87 is better than Grind Time Australia
hollows third was better than most are saying tbh,and pats 3rd round angle lacked any real substance!

the interview was a really small part of hollows third iah

@hectorbizerk
paddy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 01:59 PM   #7
Profess

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy87 View Post
hollows third was better than most are saying tbh,and pats 3rd round angle lacked any real substance!

the interview was a really small part of hollows third iah
I'm not excited
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 02:09 PM   #8
pityposter
aka ekelon

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
pityposter User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Math 3-0d or at the very least 2-1d Diz at BOLA
Heh nope
pityposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 02:11 PM   #9
paddy87

paddy87 is better than Grind Time Australiapaddy87 is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
I'm not excited
hey,if you think pat tryna be negative about hollow being a smart businessman is a good angle,or hard hitting, then thats upto you.just sounded like jealousy imo.

do you think hollow is a sellout for maximising what he earns?

i have never heard hollow say that he only does this for the love of battling,yet thats pretty much all pat was saying.

substance>presentation imo

@hectorbizerk
Old 05-21-2016, 02:15 PM   #10
Casual

Mentioned: 452 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
If I was fat maybe he could've told fart jokes...

Yeah, I think pat edged this one. His 3rd was Def better than hollow's
Lol yeah it's funny that we let that slide but there was a thread about pats proofreader line.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 02:21 PM   #11
paddy87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Lol yeah it's funny that we let that slide but there was a thread about pats proofreader line.
ones a slip of the tongue the other is a written and prepared bar thats been done to death,theres a big difference

@hectorbizerk
Old 05-21-2016, 05:41 PM   #12
MrFujiwara
VIP

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
MrFujiwara is not the worst person
Math definitely got 4-0'd by Rex

Shit Tay Roc got 6-0'd by Clips probably. Plenty of teams got 6-0'd in the WRCs as well.
MrFujiwara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 05:41 PM   #13
WiggerDaDon
I'm retarded

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
WiggerDaDon is not the worst person
Quote:
ones a slip of the tongue the other is a written and prepared bar thats been done to death,theres a big difference

Niggas is trying to make Pat win no matter what lmao.

WiggerDaDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 05:49 PM   #14
brodeezy

Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
hey,if you think pat tryna be negative about hollow being a smart businessman is a good angle,or hard hitting, then thats upto you.just sounded like jealousy imo.

i have never heard hollow say that he only does this for the love of battling,yet thats pretty much all pat was saying.

facts

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 06:27 PM   #15
Marcus

Marcus is better than Grind Time AustraliaMarcus is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:

Loyalty ova Money he says it all the time lol, we get it you like Hollow. Love is blind, I guess.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 06:32 PM   #16
brodeezy

brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Loyalty ova Money he says it all the time lol, we get it you like Hollow. Love is blind, I guess.
lmao what loyalty is he fuckin up by being a smart business man?

u guys actin like he should be donating his rounds to leagues to prove his loyalty. his battle vs lux, it was his first time on that league. his battle vs pat, it was his first time on that league (twice, actually.) . he supposed to prove his loyalty to those leagues by giving them mad discounts for his first battle on them?

u guys are silly. "loyalty over money" doesnt mean what u think it does lol

n we talking about a guy who "FUCKED UP THE LOOYYALLLTTYY" vs hollohan

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:

Last edited by brodeezy; 05-21-2016 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:32 PM   #17
paddy87

Quote:
if he was being disloyal to anyone then that angle would make sense,who has hollow been disloyal to lol?

i'ma take lessons on loyalty from a guy who stabbed his best friend in the back in a battle with more than a pinch of salt!

i like pat too,he was beaten in the battle tho.i dont need to dickride i can give my perspective clearly.

@hectorbizerk
Old 05-21-2016, 07:06 PM   #18
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
I think what he did to CLips could be labelled at not loyal. And its the way Pat painted his actions to look bad whether they are or not dont matter
It was a well written and well delivered angle and he def won that round

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 07:06 PM   #19
Assassin Ben

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
it was something different, can't hate on that

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChopChoiceBeats
www.facebook.com/ChopChoiceBeats

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. MF Doom
4. Notorious BIG
5. Rick Ross
Assassin Ben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 07:27 PM   #20
VAallDAY

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
VAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
why the fuck would Hollow be loyal to KOTD? those aint his homies...

this is a business deal... u expect him not to want to maximize his profits??

loyalty over money doesnt mean what u think it means... it means dont sell out ur fam/homies to make money and that fam is more important then money.. it doesnt mean battle for free on some random canadian league that never did shit for u

and i dont even like hollow i think hes really overrated.. nowhere near as good as ppl pretend he is
VAallDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 08:01 PM   #21
Oscar Wilde

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Oscar Wilde is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAallDAY View Post
That reminds me, didn't Hollow fire shots at Organik and Nikya in his first round? Can't really remember it fully
Oscar Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 08:07 PM   #22
brodeezy

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Old 05-21-2016, 08:27 PM   #23
paddy87

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMumbles905 View Post
I think what he did to CLips could be labelled at not loyal. And its the way Pat painted his actions to look bad whether they are or not dont matter
It was a well written and well delivered angle and he def won that round
what loyalty did he have to clips and why?

it was a great angle and the fact hollow made money off it made it better for me iah,it showed me tht hollow was smarter than most!

i honestly see your point and its the best way i've seen someone put it into words,bcoz pat presented his rond superbly and it was definitely the better presented and performed of their 3rd rounds,but it ultimately holds no weight to me.

slagging hollow for being disloyal to people he shouldnt be loyal yo holds 0 weight for me,it was like hitting a skinny person with the best fat jokes ever!

the best bars ever about hollow being disloyal doesn't hold any weight for me considering hollow has never appeared disloyal imo.

i respect your view because pat defo had the better presented 3rd of them,but ultimately for me it was empty words presented well.

@hectorbizerk
Old 05-21-2016, 08:30 PM   #24
Marcus

Marcus is better than Grind Time AustraliaMarcus is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAallDAY View Post

this is a business deal... u expect him not to want to maximize his profits??

loyalty over money doesnt mean what u think it means... it means dont sell out ur fam/homies to make money and that fam is more important then money.. it doesnt mean battle for free on some random canadian league that never did shit for u

and i dont even like hollow i think hes really overrated.. nowhere near as good as ppl pretend he is
Ok I seem to have not been complete in my first post. Hollow has been known to been calling out people on their diva behavior and claims to hate that shit. Made a big point to call out Lux on his at the time high amount of money he asked for that battle (40K). Also his slogan and clothing company is Loyalty over Money. But now he is asking in the same region of money and also a % of the PPV, which is one could say a greedy move and disloyal to da culchaa
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 08:48 PM   #25
paddy87

Quote:
Ok I seem to have not been complete in my first post. Hollow has been known to been calling out people on their diva behavior and claims to hate that shit. Made a big point to call out Lux on his at the time high amount of money he asked for that battle (40K). Also his slogan and clothing company is Loyalty over Money. But now he is asking in the same region of money and also a % of the PPV, which is one could say a greedy move and disloyal to da culchaa
fuck this disloyal to the culture bullshit when he's dealing with fly by nights,how loyal are they to the culture?

actually fuck this, @st0ned are you happy with the deal you made with hollow,do you feel he handled things in a professional way and would you be interested in him performing again?

i think hollow deserves a cut of ppv for what he brings to the table,and would be surprised with anyone saying he isn't worth it for what he brings to the table!

@hectorbizerk
Old 05-21-2016, 08:53 PM   #26
paddy87

when you see KOTD paying cannbis and cassidy what they did(even with independent financing) for them to say tht hollow is overpriced or wrong for ensuring he gets compensated well i dont think would happen!

this aint rapping it darker in a park,people should ensure they get the most they can for their performances,the same as leagues should get the most theycan for their investment!

this is business at the end of the day man

@hectorbizerk
Old 05-21-2016, 08:54 PM   #27
idealaedi

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
idealaedi is not the worst person
Pretty sure the point of Pat's round was just that Hollow called Lux a diva for wanting 40K a battle and now Hollow is following in the same footsteps. Which is a valid angle. It has nothing to do with whether or not Hollow is a smart businessman and more about calling him a hypocrite. Take it for what it's worth on whether or not the angle was effective, but it was valid.
idealaedi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 09:18 PM   #28
paddy87

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealaedi View Post
Pretty sure the point of Pat's round was just that Hollow called Lux a diva for wanting 40K a battle and now Hollow is following in the same footsteps. Which is a valid angle. It has nothing to do with whether or not Hollow is a smart businessman and more about calling him a hypocrite. Take it for what it's worth on whether or not the angle was effective, but it was valid.
but how is he a fuxking hypocrite lmao?

bcoz pat said so?

how much does hollow ask for?

if after watching the spectacle of the total slaughter event where the non battle people got paid a lot more than those that built the shit,then i think anyone thinking hollow maximising his profits after what he seen lacks vision!

fuck it tho,i am comfortable in my opinion and can dwfend it,aint gonna make the point anymore unless challenged

@hectorbizerk
Old 05-21-2016, 09:35 PM   #29
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1464 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
hahaha "Loyalty Over Money... that must mean he's loyal to me!"
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 09:36 PM   #30
brodeezy

i literally haven't heard anyone talk about negotiations with hollow being difficult because of him being a diva. ever.

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Old 05-21-2016, 10:45 PM   #31
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Heh nope
heh yep
Shadowposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 10:49 PM   #32
paddy87

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
i literally haven't heard anyone talk about negotiations with hollow being difficult because of him being a diva. ever.
yep

never heard anyone say he aint worth what was paid either!

put him on the card,he freestyles a lot and it still contributes to best KOTD card ever and gives the best of KOTD a debatable with half free's

@hectorbizerk
Old 05-22-2016, 01:16 AM   #33
medium sean

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
medium sean is better than Grind Time Australiamedium sean is better than Grind Time Australia
DNA got 6-0d by e ness
medium sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 01:19 AM   #34
paddy87

Quote:
Originally Posted by medium sean View Post
DNA got 6-0d by e ness
e-ness fucking 6-0'd himself

@hectorbizerk
Old 05-22-2016, 02:34 AM   #35
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Genuinely wondering if some of these posters even watch battle rap at all, lol. Taking your opponent's biggest strength (In this case Hollow's business acumen) and making it seem like a weakness of character is pretty much battle rap 101...
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 03:20 AM   #36
Breakneck
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Breakneck is better than Grind Time AustraliaBreakneck is better than Grind Time Australia
Pat lost that battle 2-1 but the angle about loyalty was great. In battle rap you are supposed to attack both their strengths and weaknesses. However you need to do it to get the crowd to believe you is what you do.
Old 05-22-2016, 05:29 AM   #37
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Hitchslap is not the worst person
Quote:

Stop turning shit into some Dizaster love parade you stupid little monkey. Math was winning 3-0 before the sucker punch.
Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 01:45 PM   #38
Chromium
Banned

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Chromium is not the worst person
Quote:
yep

never heard anyone say he aint worth what was paid either!

put him on the card,he freestyles a lot and it still contributes to best KOTD card ever and gives the best of KOTD a debatable with half free's
You've clearly not seen more than about four battles lmao
Chromium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 02:27 PM   #39
paddy87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromium View Post
You've clearly not seen more than about four battles lmao
i haven't seen more than 4 battles because i haven't heard anyone dealing with hollow to say he isn't worth his asking price,and tht he gave pat atleast a debatable while incorporating a lot of freestyle in his rounds lol?

you're a retard tbh

@hectorbizerk
Old 05-22-2016, 03:04 PM   #40
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Quote:
what loyalty did he have to clips and why?

it was a great angle and the fact hollow made money off it made it better for me iah,it showed me tht hollow was smarter than most!

i honestly see your point and its the best way i've seen someone put it into words,bcoz pat presented his rond superbly and it was definitely the better presented and performed of their 3rd rounds,but it ultimately holds no weight to me.

slagging hollow for being disloyal to people he shouldnt be loyal yo holds 0 weight for me,it was like hitting a skinny person with the best fat jokes ever!

the best bars ever about hollow being disloyal doesn't hold any weight for me considering hollow has never appeared disloyal imo.

i respect your view because pat defo had the better presented 3rd of them,but ultimately for me it was empty words presented well.
Stealing someone elses slogan to make money off it is def underhanded and if it was done by someone you didn't like would be viewed differently. If Nike came in and started making money off the rappers without cutting them in it would be looked down upon.

If Alki David had done this or Mad Illz had done this I doubt people would have such a positive view of the matter.
The fact of making money off another mans shit is underhanded business tactics

And unless we going to always investigate the truthfulness of battle rappers its more on how its presented to how true it is.

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote