Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
BR attempts to cancel Avo the day after standing for him against Caffeine

Old 08-28-2020, 04:15 AM   #41
Water Mage

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Water Mage is better than Grind Time AustraliaWater Mage is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
I said some racist things, but I was a drunk idiot. Look at all these black people I am friends with. There saved you two hours...
Did you see what happened up here in Canada? Our Prime Minister was caught wearing blackface in public on multiple occasions and he got re-elected shortly thereafter. He just said, "I didn't know it was wrong because of my privilege but now I know it was wrong." Avo could try that too, worked for Trudeau.
Water Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 09:58 AM   #42
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 422 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
Avo's gonna be on an episode of Geechi's No Studio'N Podcast tonight about the video (the episode should be up tomorrow or Saturday), and he's also doing a Ruin Your Hour stream on Sunday with Geechi, Pass, RX and Sistar Outspoken to talk about the video, accountability and more.
@Feral Linguist doing something like this is what i was talking about. having black people on to discuss it.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 04:43 PM   #43
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Pretty sure this was addressed in 24/7 vs Eurgh years ago and literally nobody remembers (or cared, at the time)

Being that this is resurfacing the day after Avo makes his statement about caffeine, can't help but feel like the timing is opportunism at its lamest.

I got 4 more bars hold on ..

then rap a whole 16
RonRon da Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 07:01 PM   #44
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
@Feral Linguist doing something like this is what i was talking about. having black people on to discuss it.
I don't think anyone would disagree that black folk need to be heard, it was just that B Dot is not somebody I've heard much respectable out of.
Feral Linguist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 09:36 PM   #45
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Linguist View Post
it was just that B Dot is not somebody I've heard much respectable out of.
Hmmn..strange, my experience has been the opposite

either way here are some words from B. Dot

Last edited by Neanderthol; 08-28-2020 at 09:41 PM.
Neanderthol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 09:45 PM   #46
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I also saw that twitter found 24/7's info and job and all dat and well you know...
Neanderthol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 10:11 PM   #47
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 945 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthol View Post
I also saw that twitter found 24/7's info and job and all dat and well you know...
According to some Twitter updates it looks like people have gotten in touch with his school district's superintendent's office and they're taking the allegations seriously.
SonnyDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 10:14 PM   #48
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthol View Post
Hmmn..strange, my experience has been the opposite

either way here are some words from B. Dot
http://twitter.com/BDotTheGod/status...99355892285440
seems well-thought out. tough love but thats a true friend, not sugar-coating/keepin it a buck

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Old 08-28-2020, 11:01 PM   #49
Emancee

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post
According to some Twitter updates it looks like people have gotten in touch with his school district's superintendent's office and they're taking the allegations seriously.
I was a bit more worried about that honestly. Avo will find work in something even if it's not battle rap, but a teacher with on-record racist comments is at a much bigger risk
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 11:16 PM   #50
Water Mage

Water Mage is better than Grind Time AustraliaWater Mage is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post
omg seriously? you guys got links / SS for this? How'd they even find him, I thought he went dark a while back
Old 08-28-2020, 11:23 PM   #51
Profess
I am the Chef

Mentioned: 259 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
omg seriously? you guys got links / SS for this? How'd they even find him, I thought he went dark a while back
Looks like someone just @'ed his school on the thread below

**mod note: we aren't allowing people to out others' addresses and personal info.
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 11:30 PM   #52
Profess
I am the Chef

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Old 08-28-2020, 11:32 PM   #53
Water Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post

http://twitter.com/ej_alwayz/status/1299080225943412742
Thanks... DAMN... Found his school too.. There's a pic of him and his work email and everything

https://www.collierschools.com/domain/682

omg this is crazy can you imagine all the emails / phone calls and faxes he's going to get -_-

Last edited by Water Mage; 08-28-2020 at 11:36 PM.
Old 08-28-2020, 11:51 PM   #54
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
Thanks... DAMN... Found his school too.. There's a pic of him and his work email and everything

https://www.collierschools.com/domain/682

omg this is crazy can you imagine all the emails / phone calls and faxes he's going to get -_-
Looks like the best man in 24/7's wedding is black. What are the odds Avo shot this wedding video?

Last edited by Profess; 08-28-2020 at 11:54 PM.
Old 08-29-2020, 12:15 AM   #55
vokab206
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
vokab206 is not the worst person
Quote:
Looks like the best man in 24/7's wedding is black. What are the odds Avo shot this wedding video?

http://vimeo.com/196232599
Best part is the old guy dancing at 6:45

soundcloud.com/vokab206
https://vokab206.bandcamp.com/releases
vokab206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 01:11 AM   #56
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

http://vimeo.com/196232599
When the original video dropped, Ness Lee actually came on to stick up for 247, so it seems like he still gets some love
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Old 08-29-2020, 01:20 AM   #57
brodeezy

Mentioned: 631 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
I was a bit more worried about that honestly. Avo will find work in something even if it's not battle rap, but a teacher with on-record racist comments is at a much bigger risk
at least kids wont be learning from a racist no more!!!

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 01:25 AM   #58
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 945 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
SonnyDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 02:02 AM   #59
Ode To Street Hassle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Ode To Street Hassle is not the worst person
Def agree with roger's second paragraph. as an aside, small town racist alcoholic sex addict is a big very white america life.

also and obv this is no excuse but dude is 35? he said? not that it is any better today but do you know how racist small town white dudes were in 1985? black battle culture can accept or shun that is their prerogative, but he's been growing sounds like, knows he fucked up, and more nefarious maybe stuff like he didn't have a financial incentive to care could be raised, but overall that movement from sidelines to immersive is all part of his br narrative and narrative at large. To me he doesn't seem to have intentional feelings. It's so part of white culture it takes time to realize you have to actively turn against it. It isn't an excuse it just unfortunately is the sitch until enough.
Ode To Street Hassle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 02:12 AM   #60
Profess
I am the Chef

This is probably the best things for Avo.. I bet he will have a good deal soon and Oprah will be interviewing him
Old 08-29-2020, 08:27 AM   #61
Emancee

Quote:
This is probably the best things for Avo.. I bet he will have a good deal soon and Oprah will be interviewing him
I hope not. Avo will probably not learn the lesson that his massive ego about the whole Caffeine thing was what lead him down this route. It's not surprising that someone saw his self-loving video and thought that they're going to take him down. There was a way to try to get in with URL's Caffeine power moves, but making a smug video about it made him too tempting a target.
Old 08-29-2020, 08:58 AM   #62
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
this doesen't sit well with me
Old 08-29-2020, 12:29 PM   #63
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy View Post
this doesen't sit well with me
for real. part of me thinks he deserves it, and part of me just hates cancel culture.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Old 08-29-2020, 01:18 PM   #64
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

i think it's important that we show videos of black battle rappers supporting avo too

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Old 08-29-2020, 04:47 PM   #65
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
and part of me just hates cancel culture.
that's the thing

how can we all imagine that people that deeply involved in hip-hop are *against* black people on principle or white supremacists?

i mean everyone on Earth is ignorant, I just think the people thinking they can judge someone, let alone "cancel" them (the whole idea is just a waste product i.e. shit, vomit of this social media 'everyone is an authority' development that's gotten way out of hand) (it's sickening to even mention to aid it's legitimacy)..... are the ones who are profoundly ignorant, and deeply in the wrong here

i mean fuck, wow. made some stereotypical jokes while drinkin and laughed about them? yeah, burn them at the stake

these people are totally insane and out of touch with reality, and/or purely opportunistic haters... culture vultures

Last edited by Feral Linguist; 08-29-2020 at 04:52 PM.
Feral Linguist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 06:06 PM   #66
Water Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Linguist View Post
that's the thing

how can we all imagine that people that deeply involved in hip-hop are *against* black people on principle or white supremacists?

The TLDR version of my post is that the great rappers they admire are considered superior to the general population of that race, therefore views of superiority / racism can co-exist with love of hip-hop, or a sports team with black team members, etc..

I'll try to address this, cuz I actually knew white guys who made racist remarks and seemed genuinely hateful despite being into hip hop:

I had high school classmates who wore Biggie, Pac or Big Pun T-shirts to school and yet they used racial slurs against various ethnicities if they didn't like someone, and just an unspoken belief of their superiority

I think the idea was, "The black rappers I like are not like the rest of them.. They are exceptional, just like me"

and I think that's how it works, happened to a female friend too where some of her white friends would make racist jokes about her own ethnicity in front of her and when she got offended they would say "Don't worry, you're not like them, so it doesn't apply to you".

I have mixed-emotions about cancel culture too, tho.. I personally follow the raver's code from the 90's, lol, Peace Love Unity and Respect (PLUR)

Last edited by Water Mage; 08-29-2020 at 06:09 PM.
Old 08-29-2020, 06:20 PM   #67
Profess
I am the Chef

Some people think LeBron is most responcible for fanning the flames of racial discontent

Old 08-29-2020, 06:23 PM   #68
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
The TLDR version of my post is that the great rappers they admire are considered superior to the general population of that race, therefore views of superiority / racism can co-exist with love of hip-hop, or a sports team with black team members, etc..

I'll try to address this, cuz I actually knew white guys who made racist remarks and seemed genuinely hateful despite being into hip hop:

I had high school classmates who wore Biggie, Pac or Big Pun T-shirts to school and yet they used racial slurs against various ethnicities if they didn't like someone, and just an unspoken belief of their superiority

I think the idea was, "The black rappers I like are not like the rest of them.. They are exceptional, just like me"

and I think that's how it works, happened to a female friend too where some of her white friends would make racist jokes about her own ethnicity in front of her and when she got offended they would say "Don't worry, you're not like them, so it doesn't apply to you".

I have mixed-emotions about cancel culture too, tho.. I personally follow the raver's code from the 90's, lol, Peace Love Unity and Respect (PLUR)

So they're speaking in generalities when they make their hateful remarks?
Old 08-29-2020, 06:28 PM   #69
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
I hope not. Avo will probably not learn the lesson that his massive ego about the whole Caffeine thing was what lead him down this route. It's not surprising that someone saw his self-loving video and thought that they're going to take him down. There was a way to try to get in with URL's Caffeine power moves, but making a smug video about it made him too tempting a target.
Good point.

His "I am the chef!" remark dripped of hubris. He usually seems humble or humble in a practiced way. Do you think someone got in his ear like "now is the time to stick up for yourself, go ahead, brag a little, Kyle."? Or his ego just kicked in and thought since he doesn't usually overtly tute his own that it would be received well?
Old 08-29-2020, 06:57 PM   #70
Water Mage

Quote:
So they're speaking in generalities when they make their hateful remarks?
That's how I understand it, but also using stereotypes and social problems to belittle and bully others when they aren't around which is despicable...

It also it feels like there is an unconscious idea that top x% of race x is in the same league as us" kinda thing. Sort of a racist ven diagram if you will. But who knows if it's even race specific, they may feel the same way about their fellow whites, many do. A lot of people are narcissists and elitists, and they have a general feeling of superiority that is larger than just racism...

Also, a lot of people who seem racist may just be narcissists who consider themselves to be elite, only what they perceive to be the top x% of any race, including white, is good enough for them... btw I think narcissism is contributing a lot more to racism than some would assume. And narcissism is a widespread and toxic social problem, independent of race relations.

It can also just be a case of having "conditions of worth" set for people... Any person, like you have to conform to a certain set of standards to be categorized as "good" - Whose set of standards get to become the preeminent standards in the world? Who gets to decide what those standards are? Carl Rogers said that to promote psychological growth humans need 2 things: Empathy and unconditional positive regard, if we deny any person this, we are basically toxic and holding them back from psychological growth -- And to think that we live in a society where people are walking around saying and doing things that basically amounts to "ME GOOD U BAD"

Furthermore, 24/7, as an unapologetic backpacker, seems to feel a genuine disdain for URL rappers, and I think that's where a lot of this behavior is coming from, from a backpacker vs the "gangster" style of rap... Like there are backpackers who would only listen to Biggie or Pun ironically. A lot of the whites going crazy for Head I.C.E. do so ironically, it's like, to be a true artist you have fit the ideal of a european poet to be truly artistic... There are lines that D-Lor wrote that, if Bender had said it, the backpackers would have lost their minds but D-Lor can't get the same love that Bender would because D-Lor doesn't fit their eurocentric image of what an intellectual juggernaut should look like.

I mean I know white backpackers and hipsters who listen to Ready 2 Die like it's a meme, it's an ironic thing, but I think Biggie is an American poet and one of the best in history and I wonder what percentage of people have really listened to that album and really felt it, on a human to human level, ya know? Like did you give Ready 2 Die the same chance to speak to you as art that you did when you listened to Eyedea? It's like.. Eyedea? "Hell yeah! He was a poet!" Biggie? "Haha, gimme the LOOT! nudge nudge"

I saw the same thing happen in Philosophy classes in University where "philosophy" actually means "European philosophy" because the philosophies of the east are (wrongly) relegated to "religion" and philosophies of the ancients outside of Greece or of indigenous people are relegated to cultural anthropology, egyptology, mythology, etc. It's a very eurocentric view of the world so I think a lot of backpackers, while appreciating hip hop culture, may do so with a very eurocentric perspective and even think that they have improved or corrected it by rebuilding it according to eurocentric standards of what an artist or poet should be like.

Last edited by Water Mage; 08-29-2020 at 07:51 PM.
Old 08-29-2020, 08:21 PM   #71
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
I think a lot of backpackers, while appreciating hip hop culture, may do so with a very eurocentric perspective and even think that they have improved or corrected it by rebuilding it according to eurocentric standards of what an artist or poet should be like.
That's a valid point
Old 08-29-2020, 09:31 PM   #72
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2915 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Hey @Water Mage, you ever use the N word in a video?
Quote:
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 10:09 PM   #73
Water Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
Hey @Water Mage, you ever use the N word in a video?
Yup, and I wouldn't do it again, that's for sure. That was like.. 10 years ago, almost? Even then I meant it in a satirical way and speaking through a persona -- Making fun of people like myself or white guys who feel entitled to use whatever word they feel like just because they want to and just because they can... But it wasn't funny and totally in bad taste.. Honestly I look back on it and think wtf was I thinking? I was often in a manic state of consciousness where I had really bad judgement and didn't think about anything, really. Obviously I regret doing that and know that it's wrong, even for satirical intent, it's 100% wrong and not cool at all. And I've grown a lot as a person since then and become a lot more sensitive and aware of how my actions and words may affect others. Actually, I used to be quite toxic in general and I realize that now. I'm all about unity and trying my best to be kind and compassionate

Last edited by Water Mage; 08-29-2020 at 11:23 PM.
Old 08-29-2020, 11:25 PM   #74
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 570 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
You know what? Lol

Itís kinda cool to see my folks on this board active again. Itís like a blast from the past. Hope everyone doing well and staying safe
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 12:02 AM   #75
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

Mentioned: 1290 Post(s)
ErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Impossible for me to speak my mind on a topic like this because I'm conflicted. The simple end is I know avo is not racist, but I also know he's been a friend to battle rappers who brush along those lines and get major benefit of the doubt. He gives them endless spotlight as well. Say what you want about that.

He's also tried his hand at throwing his weight around to get others canceled for less reason. Major oversight, yes. Not worth ending a person over though.

The lost factor is that none of it matters cuz we ain't the ones who had to hear the jokes (they weren't funny) and supported him the day before regarding caffeine. They're gonna feel a way about it and the timing was anything but ideal. I have trouble judging avo cuz I have things I've voiced politically that I now changed my stance on as well. I've met avo, I know his true character, his main fault is in being impressionable. Not evil.
ErikForeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 03:01 AM   #76
KBomb
2dope4you

Mentioned: 1553 Post(s)
KBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICEKBomb is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
You know what? Lol

Itís kinda cool to see my folks on this board active again. Itís like a blast from the past. Hope everyone doing well and staying safe
this was the very sentiment i was coming in here to add. sucks its due to a shitty reason like this but cool to see everyone come back together. miss these days

but con go line made a don demarco come out my speakers for no reason
KBomb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 03:09 AM   #77
Profess
I am the Chef

Calico and Ave Verb fued over disagreeing interpretations of Avocadogate

There has been speculation they's battle at SMX, but since the recent controversy, Verb no longer wants to battle Cal. However, there is currently discussion of the two boxing instead
Old 08-30-2020, 05:38 AM   #78
Emancee

Quote:
Furthermore, 24/7, as an unapologetic backpacker, seems to feel a genuine disdain for URL rappers, and I think that's where a lot of this behavior is coming from, from a backpacker vs the "gangster" style of rap... Like there are backpackers who would only listen to Biggie or Pun ironically. A lot of the whites going crazy for Head I.C.E. do so ironically, it's like, to be a true artist you have fit the ideal of a european poet to be truly artistic... There are lines that D-Lor wrote that, if Bender had said it, the backpackers would have lost their minds but D-Lor can't get the same love that Bender would because D-Lor doesn't fit their eurocentric image of what an intellectual juggernaut should look like.
Do you remember Music for the Advancement of Hiphop? This totally pretentious collection of songs that were supposed to start some incredible new movement by saying nothing in a weird voice.

This whole thing reminds me of that.
Old 08-30-2020, 06:31 AM   #79
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 570 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBomb View Post
this was the very sentiment i was coming in here to add. sucks its due to a shitty reason like this but cool to see everyone come back together. miss these days
Imagine how crazy itís gonna be when weíre in our 50s and we look back at the stupid shit we were posting on the internet in our 20s
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 12:10 PM   #80
Casual

Mentioned: 455 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Yeah I unno, B Dot kinda hit the nail on the head for me. Up to individuals to decide whether or not they can forgive Avo at this point and rock with him. Like he said, black people don’t have the time to sit around researching whether he’s changed and is a true ally or not, not their responsibility. It’s gonna be a deal breaker for some and others are gonna look beyond that because of their personal experience with Avo.

Him being a part of the culture makes it more complex. I’ve seen people say that you can’t be racist if you’re participating/a fan of URL and that’s just kinda laughable. Plenty racist people out there who have some fascination with some aspect of the culture that they otherwise dislike. It gets even murkier when you’re now making money off that culture.

6 years ago really ain’t that long and i know avocado says all that stuff about growing up in Colorado but like you’re at least late 20s at that point and it’s not like he’d been living in a bubble till then and just finally saw the light when he started working with URL. Even in his professional, strictly battle rap life, he’d had plenty of exposure to black culture by that point in time. I mean look at any KOTD event from that time frame, it’s not like it was still a bunch of white kids from Whitby.

Only aspect I don’t get is the Aye Verb angle, seems like Avo just thought of the first guy that came to mind and made a joke about prepping for them instead of taking care of his kids. Don’t see how that can be interpreted as a direct shot at Verb in anyway.

The timing is odd but it is what it is and at the end of the day it’s still something that happened. I’d never seen that video before tbh and I remember it being referenced in the Eurgh/24 battle but it always came across as something exaggerated for the sake of a battle angle. Seeing the video, yikes. Mad awkward to say the least. And I get the fact that some people aren’t the greatest at calling their friends out on this type of shit (which is a problem that b dot covered) but you also don’t gotta laugh and cheers it. Bagnall didn’t call 24 out but he at least made it obvious through his body language that he’s not in agreement...

Last edited by Casual; 08-30-2020 at 12:20 PM.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
8216, 8217, 8220, 8221