Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
What the hell is Organik thinking putting HFK on TV to Rep his Brand???

Old 02-15-2016, 11:03 PM   #41
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Deuce View Post
How could this have gone well? Someone sees HFK is then immediately thinks "this is something I need to watch consistently"? If this were the first battle i ever saw I would have never seen a second one
lol init, this battle is terrible to the general public & battle fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:04 PM   #42
Serge T
Magitek Mayhem

Mentioned: 314 Post(s)
Serge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local league
Gay poetry slam on Canadian TV. HFK with a massive opportunity to really put himself out there, decided to double down and stick to his guns and talk about having sex with his (male) opponent. Let's not forget how he beat Fresco by saying that he wanted to have sex with him for months.

Moral of the story: No matter where or when, HFK wants to fuck you.
Serge T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:04 PM   #43
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
props might be an overstatement, but c'mon. the idea of offending sensitive old people on a morning news show is pretty humorous even though they are damn cringeworthy.
being offensive without an ounce of creativity isn't funny. if it was Xbox Live would be the pantheon of comedy.
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:05 PM   #44
timesup

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
timesup is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
tbh right now the segment is being labelled homophobic and misogynistic. i dont think thats beneficial in any way in 2016. as a company, u still gotta keep up ur public image. it isnt as easy as "DO SOMETHING OFFENSIVE AND GENERATE $$$$"

and its not even really semi-viral, its just getting shit on. they arent even spreading around the kotd name in their criticisms. they're just saying its shit. it just hurts battle rap in canada

labelled by who? people who wouldnt go to a battle rap event in the first place
case closed
i think you guys are looking way too hard into this
timesup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:06 PM   #45
timesup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge T View Post
Gay poetry slam on Canadian TV. HFK with a massive opportunity to really put himself out there, decided to double down and stick to his guns and talk about having sex with his (male) opponent. Let's not forget how he beat Fresco by saying that he wanted to have sex with him for months.

Moral of the story: No matter where or when, HFK wants to fuck you.
dead
Old 02-15-2016, 11:08 PM   #46
Serge T
Magitek Mayhem

Serge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by timesup View Post
dead
Even Eminem dropped "Hi, my name is" before letting everyone know who he really is. Nah, not HFK. He is who he is and proud of his homosexual prowess.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:09 PM   #47
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
being offensive without an ounce of creativity isn't funny. if it was Xbox Live would be the pantheon of comedy.
i didn't watch the segment because i know i will feel second-hand embarrassment for them. they most likely weren't funny at all. but seeing old people be outraged by what we consider totally cringeworthy is humorous imo.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:09 PM   #48
averagejoe
©

Mentioned: 1158 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
this hurting the brand overall bs is just that, bs

this clearly dont touch their fanbase at all they are trying to promote this specific event (locally?) just for yall reading into this.

sumthin tells me those grandmas werent coming to black out anyways

like this wasn't a youtube video promotion just awareness for their 1 event (wit bit background)
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:11 PM   #49
averagejoe
©

averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
all that being said who the fuck was the target audience on a morning show besides crack heads who forgot to go to bed
Old 02-15-2016, 11:16 PM   #50
brodeezy

Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
Originally Posted by timesup View Post
labelled by who? people who wouldnt go to a battle rap event in the first place
case closed
i think you guys are looking way too hard into this
do you think sponsors are gonna be lining up to invest in a company described as homophobic, misogynistic, etc in 2016? ppl gonna endorse them? or do u think that doesnt matter for a business?

that shit was on network television lmao, it isnt even about not getting new fans off of it lol

and the point is more based around "there was literally no gain to be had here, just potential harm to the company". i mean realistically not much bad is gonna happen, it was just a stupid fuckin move no matter what their intentions were.

the old lady rage is fuckin hilarious tho

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here

Last edited by brodeezy; 02-15-2016 at 11:19 PM.
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:17 PM   #51
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 427 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post

this clearly dont touch their fanbase at all they are trying to promote this specific event (locally?) just for yall reading into this.

like this wasn't a youtube video promotion just awareness for their 1 event (wit bit background)
are we not their fanbase? are we not saying how retarded this is?

I rest my case
ledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:19 PM   #52
riffic
RYD ;

riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
i didn't watch the segment because i know i will feel second-hand embarrassment for them. they most likely weren't funny at all. but seeing old people be outraged by what we consider totally cringeworthy is humorous imo.
It'd be funny if what they were getting offended over wasn't stupid as shit
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Old 02-15-2016, 11:19 PM   #53
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I think the fact that this could effect future endorsements and sponsorships is a huge deal.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:19 PM   #54
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Charron in a leather shirt >>>>
mike rigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:20 PM   #55
riffic
RYD ;

They have every right to be offended by two dipshits rapping about blowing eachother on a morning show
Quote:
Old 02-15-2016, 11:21 PM   #56
JAR

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
JAR is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
lol init, this battle is terrible to the general public & battle fans.
To be fair, the general public still thinks battle rap is the exact version of 8 Mile and that was like 14 years ago. And c'mon, you know these guy can't go on this show and "bar out", people will have NO idea what they are talking about it. And who were they supposed to get, some randoms from Ground Zero?

This "battle" was like the original version of KOTD back in 2009, it was hilarious because it was like a time warp, light hearted and based on comedy. I actually appreciate the dumbed down punches and the rebuttals. I'd still watch 3 minutes of this and not 45 minute URL big stage battles.

Shitty network TV having to apologize because it might offend 65 year old women. Anyway, TV show shouldn't just had a 3 minute sit down with Organik and had him hand pick some previous live battle verses instead of having HFK vs. Charron live.

Last edited by JAR; 02-15-2016 at 11:23 PM.
JAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:21 PM   #57
Serge T
Magitek Mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post

Oh that's definitely not THE target audience, but if it gets people talking then sure. I'm just saying, wtf is with all the dick sucking/man rape? I know that everyone's got their shtick but come on already.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:22 PM   #58
JAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledge View Post
I think the fact that this could effect future endorsements and sponsorships is a huge deal.
Nah dude, the kind of company that is going to sponsor a rap battle league will do it's research on what the hell they are endorsing. If HFK & Charon were rapping a out puppies and rainbows and some company throws then dough and THEN finds out this isn't what they expected....well, good luck to that.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:23 PM   #59
God of Rap

God of Rap is a PY Poster
That was so unprofessional. Didn't Organik or whoever go over what they should rap about? They could have done it any other way. Fucking morons.
God of Rap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:24 PM   #60
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Btw they wrote this together before the show, prescripted rebuttals and everything, this was the best they could come up with.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:25 PM   #61
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Canada, you've done it again. Salute.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:25 PM   #62
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike rigs View Post
Btw they wrote this together before the show, prescripted rebuttals and everything, this was the best they could come up with.
rhyme sinister
Quote:
Old 02-15-2016, 11:27 PM   #63
averagejoe
©

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge T View Post
Oh that's definitely not THE target audience, but if it gets people talking then sure. I'm just saying, wtf is with all the dick sucking/man rape? I know that everyone's got their shtick but come on already.
if i heard it was these two id think great because they can be funny and appeal to broad spectrum. like charron makes my dad laugh

but yea u right awkward would be under statement
Old 02-15-2016, 11:28 PM   #64
riffic
RYD ;

they definitely appeal to a certain spectrum
Quote:
Old 02-15-2016, 11:29 PM   #65
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of Rap View Post
That was so unprofessional. Didn't Organik or whoever go over what they should rap about? They could have done it any other way. Fucking morons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:31 PM   #66
cdizzle

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
cdizzle is not the worst person
They obviously picked he two most unintimidating rappers on purpose smh its on a morning talk show. Of course this was calculated
cdizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:32 PM   #67
JAR

Quote:
But for real, who are they looking to impress, battle rap fans on message boards? It wasn't great, but that's just how it is, probably had 2 days prep.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:35 PM   #68
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAR View Post
But for real, who are they looking to impress, battle rap fans on message boards? It wasn't great, but that's just how it is, probably had 2 days prep.
so they're not going for the tv show's audience

and they're not going for battle rap's audience

this leaves us with a question
Quote:
Old 02-15-2016, 11:36 PM   #69
killa_b_kilt

killa_b_kilt is not the worst person
i put that battle up there with chilla vs jc and surf vs big t due to its sheer rawness. j/k . I'd proud of charoon for being able to grow facial but he should have called arcane to give him the true story laser fade beard. woulda went well with his shirt
killa_b_kilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:38 PM   #70
JAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
so they're not going for the tv show's audience

and they're not going for battle rap's audience

this leaves us with a question
They wanted easy understand comedy punch lines for a broad audience, which kind of falls in the middle of both. They would've made it on air if HFK didn't have the closer, haha.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:40 PM   #71
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAR View Post
Nah dude, the kind of company that is going to sponsor a rap battle league will do it's research on what the hell they are endorsing. If HFK & Charon were rapping a out puppies and rainbows and some company throws then dough and THEN finds out this isn't what they expected....well, good luck to that.
Exactly my point you are gathering.

No one wants to touch the company after doing their research and seeing this being broadcasted on national tv.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:41 PM   #72
Serge T
Magitek Mayhem

Quote:
Lmao@

"Ok at this part, I say that you sucked my dick. It's gonna be awesome."
"WORD! We're gonna kill it when you start talking about us having sex in rhyme form."
Old 02-15-2016, 11:42 PM   #73
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

oh shit they took down the vid...... "dont worry we kept the file" *lux voice*

Last edited by mike rigs; 02-15-2016 at 11:45 PM.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:44 PM   #74
JAR

Quote:
Exactly my point you are gathering.

No one wants to touch the company after doing their research and seeing this being broadcasted on national tv.
All good. I know what you are saying, they had a national spotlight and opportunity to attract sponsors. but yeah, this was extremely light compared to current battle rap standards though. Battle rap is so niche still.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:48 PM   #75
The Wise Owl

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
The Wise Owl is not the worst person
Quote:
oh shit they took down the vid...... "dont worry we kept the file" *lux voice*
Old 02-15-2016, 11:51 PM   #76
The Wise Owl

Old 02-15-2016, 11:53 PM   #77
riffic
RYD ;

and we back

Quote:
Old 02-15-2016, 11:55 PM   #78
The Wise Owl

lmfao @ gets vaulted by morning show.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:56 PM   #79
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wise Owl View Post

i hope this is legit.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:57 PM   #80
timesup

Quote:
are we not their fanbase? are we not saying how retarded this is?

I rest my case

haha so youre not gonna watch anymore kotd battles from now on i take it

Tags
8212, morals2016, x2019, xfbml