Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
What the hell is Organik thinking putting HFK on TV to Rep his Brand???

Old 02-15-2016, 11:57 PM   #81
brodeezy

Mentioned: 630 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wise Owl View Post
holy fuck lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:59 PM   #82
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 427 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by timesup View Post
haha so youre not gonna watch anymore kotd battles from now on i take it

I so don't watch battles in general anymore, because of how stale and beige they are....

Ask most of the people that know me on here, they'll tell you.
ledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:00 AM   #83
Ness Lee
VIP

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Ness Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time Australia
lolololololololol i had it hfk 1-0 until the head bar. charron 4-0
Ness Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:04 AM   #84
r3flex

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
r3flex is not the worst person
So embarrassing. Has organik already done his usual song and dance to try to convince us this was actually a good look?

Should've had chedda go up there, in all seriousness.
r3flex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:11 AM   #85
DonnaDaMom
LoM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
DonnaDaMom is not the worst person
Susan Heslop for title match vs the winner of Illmac & Rone.
DonnaDaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:11 AM   #86
Nikolas34520

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Nikolas34520 is better than Grind Time AustraliaNikolas34520 is better than Grind Time Australia
this is sad, only battle i want to see charron is vs caustic so he can roast the fuck outta him
Nikolas34520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:18 AM   #87
Briscoe

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Briscoe is not the worst person
Organik should never have felt more gratitude for the state of California's existence than when HFK first opened his mouth.
Briscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:24 AM   #88
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
kinda funny....but mostly stupid that they blew any chance to promote future events there
JC
All Day is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:48 AM   #89
justin0

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
justin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
they probably all did it because they finally got a callback from someone to do an interview lol
cause smacks on the morning show weekly?

justin0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:50 AM   #90
JustJ123

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledge View Post
Exactly my point you are gathering.

No one wants to touch the company after doing their research and seeing this being broadcasted on national tv.
Those companies would do research and come to the same conclusion with or without this video...

No one that plans to invest in battle rap won't do it because of this video. If this puts them off so would countless other things from actual battles.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:52 AM   #91
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Old 02-16-2016, 12:54 AM   #92
Celph Taut
Godly..

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Celph Taut has seen da-feet
Quote:
k lets rep our brand with our two corniest faggots

great pr

Haha...
Celph Taut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:56 AM   #93
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJ123 View Post
Those companies would do research and come to the same conclusion with or without this video...

No one that plans to invest in battle rap won't do it because of this video. If this puts them off so would countless other things from actual battles.
I disagree 100%.

If someone researches the company and sees the niche they are in loving it and thriving within, they would still invest within that niche because there is no negative cloud in the mainstream media front (omg drake endorses it, Norm Kelly was one it etc)

....then when you go on national tv and now have this dark encompassing cloud that brings a negative connotation to the company as a whole...No matter what the case may be...this could easily turn away sponsors that would have done so otherwise.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:56 AM   #94
justin0

justin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celph Taut View Post
Haha...
so hey, you're still content with your stolen piece of shit name?

guess you can say you're not celph titled?
Old 02-16-2016, 12:56 AM   #95
Celph Taut
Godly..

LOL @ the old lady shit tho, but it was an obvious fucking oversight on both Organik, and the morning show's part.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:57 AM   #96
Celph Taut
Godly..

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin0 View Post
so hey, you're still content with your stolen piece of shit name?

guess you can say you're not celph titled?

Oh, you're still a faggot following me around? I see.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:58 AM   #97
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
What I wanna know is how this all went down...like did someone contact ganik and tell him to pick two dudes to come on the show with him? then he was like iight be we god charron and hfk? cause smfh.

if you got this opportunity pay a couple dudes flights who don't fucking suck and who can actually rap. fly pat out and pay him and twist to do it for the show if need be.

what a missed opportunity.
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:59 AM   #98
Casual

Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
this is why we can't tell people we watch battle rap, cause they hear battle rap and think of that charron kid they saw on AM tv.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:01 AM   #99
Casual

dead at you think you rhyme sinister.

charron been at this half his life and still hasn't bothered to even attempt at learning to rap or write a fucking setup.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:05 AM   #100
JustJ123

JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
I disagree 100%.

If someone researches the company and sees the niche they are in loving it and thriving within, they would still invest within that niche because there is no negative cloud in the mainstream media front (omg drake endorses it, Norm Kelly was one it etc)

....then when you go on national tv and now have this dark encompassing cloud that brings a negative connotation to the company as a whole...No matter what the case may be...this could easily turn away sponsors that would have done so otherwise.
This video doesn't promote anything that hasn't been promoted in KOTD before. The fact the public knows about it now won't change anything. You think people research the company without watching the product that will be associated with their company?

A company that cares about not having their name associated with this video would not want to be associated with battle rap period.

All this does is make it that much easier for these companies to know they don't want to do business. A conclusion they would all come to regardless.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:07 AM   #101
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Quote:
This video doesn't promote anything that hasn't been promoted in KOTD before. The fact the public knows about it now won't change anything. You think people research the company without watching the product that will be associated with their company?

A company that cares about not having their name associated with this video would not want to be associated with battle rap period.

All this does is make it that much easier for these companies to know they don't want to do business. A conclusion they would all come to regardless.
It's about how you present yourself as a brand to the outside world.

That's how you grow.

I assume KOTD wants to grow?
Old 02-16-2016, 01:12 AM   #102
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1466 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
I don't see what's debatable about it being better to not embarrass yourself on national tv
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:14 AM   #103
JustJ123

Quote:
It's about how you present yourself as a brand to the outside world.

That's how you grow.

I assume KOTD wants to grow?
How they present themselves won't matter if they don't paint an honest picture...Going on TV and saying one thing and displaying something entirely different when people look them up afterwards is no more effective than this video.

I just don't see this costing them any potential sponsors. Is it a bad look? ya, but not for that reason.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:16 AM   #104
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Quote:
How they present themselves won't matter if they don't paint an honest picture...Going on TV and saying one thing and displaying something entirely different when people look them up afterwards is no more effective than this video.

I just don't see this costing them any potential sponsors. Is it a bad look? ya, but not for that reason.
This was NOT an honest picture is what I'm saying dog.

HFK vs Charron talking about fellating each other is what we as fans thinks is normal?

No.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:21 AM   #105
justin0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celph Taut View Post
Oh, you're still a faggot following me around? I see.
its not that big of a forum. i can't help but see your unoriginal ass kickin around.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:23 AM   #106
killa_b_kilt

killa_b_kilt is not the worst person
#morals2016 . Ahhhhhahahahahahahahaha
killa_b_kilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:25 AM   #107
brodeezy

brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
you mean you can get on tv and not make your brand look fucking stupid?!??!?!

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Old 02-16-2016, 01:29 AM   #108
JustJ123

Quote:
This was NOT an honest picture is what I'm saying dog.

HFK vs Charron talking about fellating each other is what we as fans thinks is normal?

No.
No, but what does that have to do with sponsors? Now you're arguing something entirely different.

Like I said, this was a bad look, but not because of potential sponsors.

All these sponsors people are talking about being lost are a nonissue from people that never woulda sponsored KOTD in the first place. Thats what I'm saying.

Not that this wasn't a terrible look. Its terrible cause he picked 2 of the worst representatives of the league.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:30 AM   #109
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Quote:
No, but what does that have to do with sponsors? Now you're arguing something entirely different.

Like I said, this was a bad look, but not because of potential sponsors.

All these sponsors people are talking about being lost are a nonissue from people that never woulda sponsored KOTD in the first place. Thats what I'm saying.

Not that this wasn't a terrible look. Its terrible cause he picked 2 of the worst representatives of the league.
I'm not arguing anything different.

You want sponsors, you put out an honest representation like you said? I'm saying as a fan was that an 'honest' representation...?
Old 02-16-2016, 01:34 AM   #110
brodeezy

yah idk @JustJ123 i don't think fans are trying to relate to dudes rapping about sucking eachother off when we call ourselves battle fans.. and i dont think faggot punchlines represent KOTD as a league (anymore)

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Old 02-16-2016, 01:48 AM   #111
JustJ123

Quote:
I'm not arguing anything different.

You want sponsors, you put out an honest representation like you said? I'm saying as a fan was that an 'honest' representation...?
No...I didn't say that would get them sponsors...I said how they represent themselves wont' matter if its not an honest picture. Not that being honest means they will get sponsors...But going on that network is not how they are going to gain sponsors, regardless of what picture they paint.

They put 2 Cornballs up there like they did? We have whats happening now. They put 2 talented people up there? The end result is still going to push sponsors away if they do what KOTD does, which no doesn't mean this homo shit but battle rap does promote negativity.

They go up there and put on a compliments battle, someone takes interest, only then they notice that isn't what the company is about.

I just odn't understand why you think anyone that would seriously consider promoting battle rap would back out over this. Nothing said here hasn't been said in other battles, so even if you believe that, the youtube channel could have the exact same affect...On top of countless other things that push sponsors away.

Battle rap as a whole puts sponsors off...

This video just puts off potential fans. They aren't going to lose sponsorship money over it.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:48 AM   #112
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
words cant describe the chills

dddddddouche chills

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:49 AM   #113
JustJ123

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
yah idk @JustJ123 i don't think fans are trying to relate to dudes rapping about sucking eachother off when we call ourselves battle fans.. and i dont think faggot punchlines represent KOTD as a league (anymore)
No, but a faggot punchline is no more counter productive to sponsorship than any of the negative shit in battle rap.

The kind of people that sponsor battle rap don't give a fuck about these things, and the kind who do never would have put money in the first place.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:50 AM   #114
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Quote:
No...I didn't say that would get them sponsors...I said how they represent themselves wont' matter if its not an honest picture. Not that being honest means they will get sponsors...But going on that network is not how they are going to gain sponsors, regardless of what picture they paint.

They put 2 Cornballs up there like they did? We have whats happening now. They put 2 talented people up there? The end result is still going to push sponsors away if they do what KOTD does, which no doesn't mean this homo shit but battle rap does promote negativity.

They go up there and put on a compliments battle, someone takes interest, only then they notice that isn't what the company is about.

I just odn't understand why you think anyone that would seriously consider promoting battle rap would back out over this. Nothing said here hasn't been said in other battles, so even if you believe that, the youtube channel could have the exact same affect...On top of countless other things that push sponsors away.

Battle rap as a whole puts sponsors off...

This video just puts off potential fans. They aren't going to lose sponsorship money over it.
BUT WHAT I AM SAYING IS THAT IT WONT GET THEM SPONSORS.

Fuck sakes, I get the way you feel but legitimately what I'm saying is that there is not one possible positive outcome in funding.

I'm not saying they would have gained them otherwise, but that's not how running a company works dude...I've done shit like this, what matters is always being looked at in as positive of a light as possible and KOTD failed pretty hard, ON THEIR OWN, at this.

That's it, plain and simple.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:27 AM   #115
CBA

Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
CBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICE
Not really sure if it's a good idea to promote battle rap on the local news lol. I think the thing is, your average joe is going to think it's corny and nobody is going to want to learn the bizarre intricacies of the art form. I can't fault Organik for trying to get publicity but this is a bad look no matter how you do it.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 02:28 AM   #116
riffic
RYD ;

riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
Not really sure if it's a good idea to promote battle rap on the local news lol. I think the thing is, your average joe is going to think it's corny and nobody is going to want to learn the bizarre intricacies of the art form. I can't fault Organik for trying to get publicity but this is a bad look no matter how you do it.
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Old 02-16-2016, 02:29 AM   #117
CBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
Saw this and it was cringe worthy too lol. To be fair though Smack didn't have an actual battle on the show.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:31 AM   #118
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
Saw this and it was cringe worthy too lol. To be fair though Smack didn't have an actual battle on the show.
how was that cringeworthy? it's a pretty normal interview
Quote:
Old 02-16-2016, 02:31 AM   #119
GetPaid

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
GetPaid is better than Grind Time AustraliaGetPaid is better than Grind Time Australia
I remember HFK posting (either on here or the old site) that he thought gay people should be killed off, and was trying to emphasize that it wasn't a joke.
GetPaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 02:35 AM   #120
CBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
how was that cringeworthy? it's a pretty normal interview
Smack isn't really built for this type of media. For example "how was this rap battle different" he basically says "there's no music" lol. Like really that's it? I didn't even see the Empire show or whatever it's called but he could've went on a tangent right there.

Then "so like do you want the audience involved in the battle?" To be fair it did get a little better from there but the beginning in particular was painful.

Tags
8212, morals2016, x2019, xfbml