Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
High Stakes Radio (KOTD) w/ Bishop Brigante Debuts This Thursday!

Old 02-17-2015, 09:59 PM   #1
The Wise Owl

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
The Wise Owl is not the worst person
High Stakes Radio (KOTD) w/ Bishop Brigante Debuts This Thursday!

KOTD finally gettin' in the game. Long awaited & overdue!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bishopbrigante

Old 02-17-2015, 10:06 PM   #2
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Wonder how many people will still be hating on blogtalk radio now that kotd has a page smh

This is dope tho. I'll probably check it out sometime Friday morning at work.

Somehow I feel like this will be a lot less of a circle jerk and a lot less biased than the DBD show.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 11:04 PM   #3
TurboMikey

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
TurboMikey is a PY Poster
Does it say anywhere if they are gonna upload episodes to iTunes or soundcloud?
TurboMikey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 11:15 PM   #4
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
Yo Bishop,

if you have to do a podcast over a cell phone, you're not ready for the podcast game.
JC
All Day is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:12 AM   #5
6000GP
tupac back

6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Day View Post
Yo Bishop,

if you have to do a podcast over a cell phone, you're not ready for the podcast game.
Cell phone or no cell phone, content is king. Blogtalk is gonna be good for kotd because they can put out cheap, consistent content. Blogtalk also allows for live shows, live callers and live interviews. How else do u suppose that this is possible?
Old 02-18-2015, 12:15 AM   #6
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Wonder how many people will still be hating on blogtalk radio now that kotd has a page smh

This is dope tho. I'll probably check it out sometime Friday morning at work.

Somehow I feel like this will be a lot less of a circle jerk and a lot less biased than the DBD show.
say my name fuckface

and fuck blogtalkradio and this show.
@VapeHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:15 AM   #7
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Cell phone or no cell phone, content is king. Blogtalk is gonna be good for kotd because they can put out cheap, consistent content. Blogtalk also allows for live shows, live callers and live interviews. How else do u suppose that this is possible?
with quality equipment instead of cell phone conversations that sound like shit. podcasts are a dime a dozen these days, i can kill the work week with good audio quality shows.

if bad audio works for other people, then go ahead and enjoy
JC
All Day is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:27 AM   #8
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Originally Posted by @VapeHop View Post
say my name fuckface

and fuck blogtalkradio and this show.
Ur anger at blogtalk radio amuses me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Day View Post
with quality equipment instead of cell phone conversations that sound like shit. podcasts are a dime a dozen these days, i can kill the work week with good audio quality shows.

if bad audio works for other people, then go ahead and enjoy
The audio isn't even that bad. I listen to iTunes podcasts all day long at work, and I also listen to blogtalk radio shows if I find the content interesting enough. It's really not a big deal to me so long as I can understand whats going on. Idk why it bothers people so much.

People on this board love to hate on shit that they don't care for instead of just not fucking with it and moving along. For some reason a lot of u guys have to scream from the mountain tops "I fucking hate this stupid thing that I don't care about!"
Old 02-18-2015, 01:14 AM   #9
JustJ123

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Blogtalk is trash though. I don't know of a better alternative but there has to be one.

I'll still listen to it, just like I listen to other battle rap blogtalk shows. But they all have their terrible moments of quality that could probably be easily avoided.

AngryFan is the worst for it cause dude yells all the time so the sound cracks.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:12 AM   #10
Bishop Brigante
Contributor

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Bishop Brigante is not the worst person
hey guys.. I'm not aware of any other online radio outlets.. but I promise you a couple of things..

1 - I won't be talking off my phone.. I actually set this up proper.. (yes I will have call ins but I won't be yelling thru my cell to provide the content.. no shade)

2 - this is not just for battle rap.. I also want to premier and play music as well from the up and comers to battle rappers etc..

3 - my interviews will be cool as fuck.. lol I'll ask the shit YOU guys want to know..

on thursday I have Organik, Gully and Pat Stay to start things off..

I'll do my best to make it dope.. I did a few test runs already and the sounds are coming off proper... I don;t want this to suck lol..

give me a chance! much love guys..
Bishop Brigante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:15 AM   #11
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop Brigante View Post
hey guys.. I'm not aware of any other online radio outlets.. but I promise you a couple of things..

1 - I won't be talking off my phone.. I actually set this up proper.. (yes I will have call ins but I won't be yelling thru my cell to provide the content.. no shade)

2 - this is not just for battle rap.. I also want to premier and play music as well from the up and comers to battle rappers etc..

3 - my interviews will be cool as fuck.. lol I'll ask the shit YOU guys want to know..

I'll do my best to make it dope.. I did a few test runs already and the sounds are coming off proper... I don;t want this to suck lol..

good luck, man. i think it'll be good show, and a great promotional tool.

ur probably the best guy from kotd to take on this type of thing, and as someone who listens to a few BTR shows, i'm pretty sure that people will come around to liking it.

Last edited by 6000GP; 02-18-2015 at 03:18 AM.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:23 AM   #12
Bishop Brigante
Contributor

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Bishop Brigante is not the worst person
Quote:
good luck, man. i think it'll be good show, and a great promotional tool.

ur probably the best guy from kotd to take on this type of thing, and as someone who listens to a few BTR shows, i'm pretty sure that people will come around to liking it.
i appreciate that G.. salute..
Bishop Brigante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:49 AM   #13
6000GP
tupac back

@All Day @JustJ123, what other podcasts y'all listening to right now?

I've been listening to marc maron, the champs, brilliant idiots, nerdist, I just finished serial a couple weeks ago, and npr's invisiblia is super interesting

What else is good?
Old 02-18-2015, 03:50 AM   #14
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE
Quote:

it sounds like you're gonna be doin it via skype with a real mic which will make a huge difference, its when convo's get hyped that quality will dip significantly.

if you can carry this cadence and leave mirrors where they are i will definitely subscribe.

@VapeHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 06:25 PM   #15
The Wise Owl

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
The Wise Owl is not the worst person
Quote:

Man, I'm pretty hype yer startin this up. I been listenin to these blogtalk radio shows for mad long now when Battle Rap Arena was the only one doin it.

Always thought there was a market for the KOTD crowd in this space.
Good luk to yall and hope you have mad crossover interviews w/ personalities from other platforms.

Will also be dope if you can get a couple Canadian legends/OGs in the rap game up in there for their opionions of modern day battling. ie. Maestro & Farley Flex.

Is the phone number toll free or do we call in from skype? How does it work?
Old 02-18-2015, 06:49 PM   #16
Beaux Jangles
bojangles snappin!!!

Mentioned: 386 Post(s)
Beaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICE
Don't go too heavy on the music part plz!!!
GoldRaffleBojangles,SnowsCastleBojangles,QuoteSnap pleBojangles,ClothesNaturalBojangles,BrosBlackHole Bojangles,PulpedMangosBojangles,WroteDjangoBojangl es,SoakedFlannelBojangles,RogueAngelBojangles,Home NashvilleBojangles,CrowsHateLawsBojangles,ToveAvri lBojangles,ThrowShrapnelBojangles,GrossRainbowBoja ngles,NoRacialBojangles,RomeStatueBojangles
Beaux Jangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:41 PM   #17
RonSimmons

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
RonSimmons is not the worst person
Quote:
@All Day @JustJ123, what other podcasts y'all listening to right now?

I've been listening to marc maron, the champs, brilliant idiots, nerdist, I just finished serial a couple weeks ago, and npr's invisiblia is super interesting

What else is good?
bill burr monday mornin podcast >>>
RonSimmons is offline   Reply With Quote