Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Is Real Deal constantly bringing up his sister in poor taste?

Old 03-26-2016, 03:39 PM   #1
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Is Real Deal constantly bringing up his sister in poor taste?

For the record I like Real Deal. He's a little hit and miss at times but what he's done in matches such as Magic and Verb proves that he belongs among the upper ranks. That being said, RD has been wearing out a pet peeve of mine by constantly mentioning his sisters passing, may she rest in peace. At first when I heard about his loss I genuinely felt bad for him but was a little annoyed when he dropped a track about it within less than a few weeks afterward. I raised an eyebrow at it but I figured 'hey people deal with this sort of thing differently and he's dealing with it by rapping about it because he's a rapper, no foul'. Well then before you know it he's bringing it up in every other battle, cypher, track that he's on. I mean it's 1 thing dealing with the loss of a family member, but it's another to constantly bring it up as if you're pining for empathy to capitalize on. Idk maybe I'm wrong, but that's why I'm asking.

Is Real Deal consistently bringing up his sisters passing in poor taste or something he needs to make a slogan out of?

I got 4 more bars hold on ..

then rap a whole 16
RonRon da Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 04:05 PM   #2
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
I'm not sure, to be honest. I thought the same during the Verb battle but everyone deals with grief differently and maybe he legitimately feels like he should bring it up because it constantly bugs him? I'm not that close with my sister but I imagine if she passed I'd be pretty token up about it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 04:11 PM   #3
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
I'm not sure, to be honest. I thought the same during the Verb battle but everyone deals with grief differently and maybe he legitimately feels like he should bring it up because it constantly bugs him? I'm not that close with my sister but I imagine if she passed I'd be pretty token up about it
Which is understandable. Make a track about it, ok. Mention it in a cypher to kids in your school, alright. But constantly bringing it up in battles? He's practically begging somebody to address it, and when its possibly for nothing more than to glorify his own personal struggles, it comes off as petty and unnecessary.

then rap a whole 16
Old 03-26-2016, 04:40 PM   #4
Sky2real

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Get close with your sister before it's too late.
Old 03-26-2016, 04:47 PM   #5
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
hard to say, as others have said. i do have to say i was a bit taken aback when he mentioned it in the Verb battle as well though.

but regarding the song, i made a song about my dad passing within like a week of it happening and i don't even really rap. i've made like 14 tracks or something in my life. so for someone that considers themselves a rapper and is actively making music to do essentially the same makes perfect sense to me (and it would equally make sense if he didn't make a song about her at all, people deal with that kind of stuff differently).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 05:13 PM   #6
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Diary View Post
hard to say, as others have said. i do have to say i was a bit taken aback when he mentioned it in the Verb battle as well though..

Verb battle aside
At 17:00 quite possibly the worst rebuttal ever, and I mean EVER

Again I can understand the track shit, but that^ was a whole other level of wack

then rap a whole 16

Last edited by RonRon da Dong; 03-26-2016 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-26-2016, 05:25 PM   #7
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
im just surprised people still watch RD rounds in 2016. dude is trash regardless of subject matter.
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 07:52 PM   #8
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRon da Dong View Post
Verb battle aside
At 17:00 quite possibly the worst rebuttal ever, and I mean EVER

https://youtu.be/jpYbTaQRc5Y

Again I can understand the track shit, but that^ was a whole other level of wack
lol that was really bad but idk how much you can really say about a freestyle rebuttal. if anything that's more of a subconcious thing then for him i guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 08:32 PM   #9
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 836 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
real deal is a very genuine and nice person to be around and may he get through this difficult time in his life by whatever means necessary
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 08:47 PM   #10
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdk View Post
real deal is a very genuine and nice person to be around and may he get through this difficult time in his life by whatever means necessary
I can respect that. And I completely agree that however people deal with their grievances is their own business. I just found it strange and uncomfortable after hearing him bring it up again vs Verb. Almost like he's inviting someone to make it a discussion, or even worse, wear it like a badge of street credentials. Not saying that's what it is but it certainly is starting to give off that kind of a 'look at my struggles' vibe.

then rap a whole 16
Old 03-26-2016, 08:55 PM   #11
Profess

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Granted, Real Deal is a little corny but he is a good battle rapper and has a lot of fire lines. For example, the hit man bar against Verb. Maybe because of Willy or something else it has become cool to diss RD da Chef but I think it is fine that he has addressed the loss of his sister. And kind of weird that someone would have a problem with that.
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 09:34 PM   #12
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
yes this really bothers me as well

Real Deal is a person I have always followed and I respect his status
I am generally interested in his battle career
that said, he is probably the one battler that I continue to watch with the most moments that bring genuine "cringe" to me
"every kiss begins with K"vs. Bigg k
that really gay shit he said vs Magic end of the first
racist shit vs illmac when ur a teacher
retard helmet as a kid shit vs YK when he a teacher
his shock value Dad angle vs Okwerdz
dat rebuttal above vs Ice
the "he tried to give me the d" rebuttal vs Rosenberg
most of the rosenberg battle tbh

I personally hate awkward moments so my continued viewership of Real Deal is a mystery, the good out weighs the bad and he's paid his dues I suppose.
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 09:58 PM   #13
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
trash in any context didn't know his sister was dead cause i've never actually watched a real deal battle but watching 3 he's said it in all 3

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 10:22 PM   #14
Coma
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Coma is not the worst person
This is a cringey ass thread. Let him do whatever he needs to with his art. This shit isn't always about impressing people.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 10:24 PM   #15
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
As someone who's been in kitchens for years, I have a real problem with a teacher constantly calling himself "da chef"

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 10:25 PM   #16
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
But RD is the man

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 10:39 PM   #17
Topgunz

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Topgunz is not the worst person
Quote:
For the record I like Real Deal. He's a little hit and miss at times but what he's done in matches such as Magic and Verb proves that he belongs among the upper ranks. That being said, RD has been wearing out a pet peeve of mine by constantly mentioning his sisters passing, may she rest in peace. At first when I heard about his loss I genuinely felt bad for him but was a little annoyed when he dropped a track about it within less than a few weeks afterward. I raised an eyebrow at it but I figured 'hey people deal with this sort of thing differently and he's dealing with it by rapping about it because he's a rapper, no foul'. Well then before you know it he's bringing it up in every other battle, cypher, track that he's on. I mean it's 1 thing dealing with the loss of a family member, but it's another to constantly bring it up as if you're pining for empathy to capitalize on. Idk maybe I'm wrong, but that's why I'm asking.

Is Real Deal consistently bringing up his sisters passing in poor taste or something he needs to make a slogan out of?
So, a battle rapper venting through his music & battles about losing a close relative annoys you?

LMAO

What a dumbass.

No wonder most battle rappers with active accounts stopped posting here.

If I was Real Deal, I would slump you on site.

Last edited by Topgunz; 03-26-2016 at 10:42 PM.
Topgunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 12:00 AM   #18
averagejoe

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
Quote:

yea i mean rap is to express urself maybe its a topic he couldnt get away from
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 12:30 AM   #19
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma View Post
This is a cringey ass thread. Let him do whatever he needs to with his art. This shit isn't always about impressing people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Granted, Real Deal is a little corny but he is a good battle rapper and has a lot of fire lines. For example, the hit man bar against Verb. Maybe because of Willy or something else it has become cool to diss RD da Chef but I think it is fine that he has addressed the loss of his sister. And kind of weird that someone would have a problem with that.
Reps all round, guys.

This forum is usually faggotry-free except when Real Deal is mentioned, then normally good posters have genuinely the worst opinions ever.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 01:00 AM   #20
Chromium
Banned

Chromium is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky2real View Post
Get close with your sister before it's too late.
Even if you're joking, i 100% cosign this.
Chromium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 02:19 AM   #21
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunz View Post
So, a battle rapper venting through his music & battles about losing a close relative annoys you?

LMAO

What a dumbass.

LOL @ you being so butt hurt

And yes, sorry but to an extent it's tacky af to the point of almost being insulting to himself, especially that ish in the head ice battle. Seems more like gloat than grief.

then rap a whole 16
Old 03-27-2016, 02:22 AM   #22
Sky2real

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromium View Post
Even if you're joking, i 100% cosign this.
Nah, no joke. In life, it's you vs the world. Family members are the only ones that truly care about your existence. A sibling is precious. Whatever fractured that relationship, repair it while theres still time @Seanzo.
Old 03-27-2016, 02:42 AM   #23
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

I lost my sister in 2007. Not something I like to mention in any discussion whatsoever then again we all grieve differently so maybe that's why it's so hard for me to understand how he can hold his whole persona together while envoking something so intimate like that on an entertainment platform in a pretty open and tasteless manner like it's run of the mill punchline material. Just never hit well with me and I notice it more and more all the time now.

then rap a whole 16
Old 03-27-2016, 03:13 AM   #24
Profess

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
I lost my sister in 2007. Not something I like to mention in any discussion whatsoever then again we all grieve differently so maybe that's why it's so hard for me to understand how he can hold his whole persona together while envoking something so intimate like that on an entertainment platform in a pretty open and tasteless manner like it's run of the mill punchline material. Just never hit well with me and I notice it more and more all the time now.
It makes sense why you'd make this thread now. Different people cope differently. Anyway, sorry for your loss bro.
Old 03-27-2016, 03:32 AM   #25
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

I think ppl are under the impression that I'm needlessly hating on and attacking Real Deal and it simply isn't the case, I'm just stating the fact that how he chooses to immediately and seamlessly mix marketing with mourning can be interpreted as cheap. No disrespect to his sister whatsoever quite the contrary. Just curious to see if anyone else noticed it and agreed that it was getting repetitive and/or forced.

then rap a whole 16

Last edited by RonRon da Dong; 03-27-2016 at 03:38 AM.
Old 03-27-2016, 03:54 AM   #26
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Tbh I should've expected ppl to be weary of giving their opinion on the matter and are understandably neutral. Maybe it is just me.

then rap a whole 16
Old 03-27-2016, 04:08 AM   #27
Topgunz

Topgunz is not the worst person
Quote:
Dead @ "tasteless manner". Wtf?

You're acting like the nigga opened a gofundme page for his sister's funeral costs.

He's simply using the artform to vent his loss. Obviously there are far more destructive ways he could've chose to handle this. If this is how he chooses to vent. I don't see why this should "annoy" you.

You're clearly reaching.
Topgunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 04:50 AM   #28
Ryuha

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Ryuha is not the worst person
Quote:
wouldn't put it past him to be trying to
bait someone into mentioning it...like
he probably has rebuttals already planned...

I actually agree with your premise that its 'tacky' to continually
harp on it...mainly b/c I've dealt with lots of sociopaths-they prey upon
human emotions in social context, so I'm always wary of potentially
manipulative behavior traits...
Ryuha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 06:55 AM   #29
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
This is a good post tbh cause i was thinking this during the verb battle real deal is someone i respect as i imagine he's a chill dude in geenral but he's gotta stop bringing it up in battles tbh i dont think anyone bar arsonal would every really try to use it in a distasteful manner against him.
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:41 AM   #30
Coma
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
It makes sense why you'd make this thread now. Different people cope differently. Anyway, sorry for your loss bro.
Beat me to it. Looks like I'm not the only shrink on here. Respect.
Old 03-27-2016, 07:43 AM   #31
Coma
VIP

Quote:

LMAO

What a dumbass.

Truth has been spoken here.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:21 AM   #32
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma View Post
Beat me to it. Looks like I'm not the only shrink on here. Respect.
haha Mr Coma..We don't know each other but there been times when I wanted to hate on you but I really cant if I wanna keep it real.. respect back atcha brotha
Old 03-27-2016, 08:27 AM   #33
Chromium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthol View Post
yes this really bothers me as well

Real Deal is a person I have always followed and I respect his status
I am generally interested in his battle career
that said, he is probably the one battler that I continue to watch with the most moments that bring genuine "cringe" to me
"every kiss begins with K"vs. Bigg k
that really gay shit he said vs Magic end of the first
racist shit vs illmac when ur a teacher
retard helmet as a kid shit vs YK when he a teacher
his shock value Dad angle vs Okwerdz
dat rebuttal above vs Ice
the "he tried to give me the d" rebuttal vs Rosenberg
most of the rosenberg battle tbh

I personally hate awkward moments so my continued viewership of Real Deal is a mystery, the good out weighs the bad and he's paid his dues I suppose.
These are realllllly shitty things to bring up considering he has some ACTUALLY shit moments. All of these we're fire and trying to throw shade on them is just... tsk tsk.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:30 AM   #34
Chromium
Banned

Quote:
I know it's not the same, but i'm a stand-up and using my experiences (the darker ones) like losing friends, family members, drug addiction ive been through etc.. is really cathartic and i have no real sensitivity towards those things. I think im kind of unique in that way to some degree but it really helps me to just not put any emphasis on those things. They happened. So what? Literally, so what? I'm now where i am now and they are irrelevant. Its material, that's all.
That's not to say i didn't grieve or move through those situations at the time its just that holding onto emotional burdens is never, is any circumstance helpful for moving your life forward or developing as a human being. My experience says this, anyhow along with watching people who hold onto their emotions being really, REALLY shitty people for the most part. Its sympathy for them, not irritation but still.. They're shittier people for being so sensitive and uptight.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:12 AM   #35
ca9rl

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
ca9rl is not the worst person
it's his sister, i don't think we get to judge.

it's probably on his mind every hour of every day, so i'd imagine it seeps into his writing.
ca9rl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 01:14 PM   #36
Feral Linguist

Feral Linguist is not the worst person
Would anyone fill me in on what happened to cause his sisters death?

It can be more traumatizing if it was unexpected
Feral Linguist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 01:18 PM   #37
Chromium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Linguist View Post
Would anyone fill me in on what happened to cause his sisters death?

It can be more traumatizing if it was unexpected
OD i believe.
Old 03-27-2016, 01:45 PM   #38
Feral Linguist

Feral Linguist is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromium View Post
OD i believe.
Well there ya go - od/car accident vs cancer or something that allows more anticipation . If the former is the case, it just makes more sense
Feral Linguist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 02:13 PM   #39
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Quote:
Dead @ "tasteless manner". Wtf?

You're acting like the nigga opened a gofundme page for his sister's funeral costs.

He's simply using the artform to vent his loss. Obviously there are far more destructive ways he could've chose to handle this. If this is how he chooses to vent. I don't see why this should "annoy" you.

You're clearly reaching.
Sorry for interpreting "he said he fucked my sister.. she's dead, you're next" as being utterly tasteless. That wasn't venting, it was a needless exploit. Don't be mad at me for not being afraid to point out what I'm sure everyone else following has noticed if you're not willing to acknowledge the difference.

then rap a whole 16
Old 03-27-2016, 02:25 PM   #40
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Im sure in some battle he said something about using her dead bones to beat his opponent how can anyone possibly think that shit is in good taste?
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
gayest thread ever, go back to otbva, i thought this fag was banned, thread bad look for rmbva