Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Jack Deuce Reviews B2B2 (it gets long, pause?)

Old 06-28-2015, 08:32 AM   #1
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
Jack Deuce Reviews B2B2 (it gets long, pause?)

So, as I was watching I decided to do a little review for those who hadn't seen it yet. Anyway, I was going along and ended up writing wayyyyyyy more than I intended to. I deff understand people skipping this. Whatever, if you haven't seen it yet and you want some impression as to how things went, here ya go.

- I watched the first battle which was Tricky P vs Lex D live and thought it was the worst KOTD mainstage battle in a really, really, really long time. Tricky was inconsistent, but there were glimpses of what he’s capable of in his third round. Lex D non-raps googled jokes. I will acknowledge the possibility that there is someone worse than him, but I’m really finding no evidence of this being the case. After this battle I went out but checked the threads on my phone and from all indications, it didn’t get much better. The rest of the battles are reviewed with bottom of the barrel level expectations

- Caddy conversation was ummm? He always straddles the line between funny and uncomfortable. I’m not mad at anyone who goes either way on that

- Organik’s interview was the best I’ve seen him do. He really expressed his points very well in this

- Sic’s first round is incredibly awkward, but honestly, I don’t think I’d call it terrible, but the Mein Kampf was one of the most predictable things I’ve ever heard.
Caddy is actually a really talented rapper, and E Farrell bar was fun af
Sic’s 2nd started really terribly. Like honestly, there’s so many fucking spongebob bars in battle rap. Can we not???
Caddy’s 2nd is one of those things where you’d say “you’d never say that in a URL setting”, except I have every reason to believe he would. You know, at least when Caddy’s uncomfortable it’s on purpose
Sic’s third isn’t bad actually, but it’s already down 2-0 and unless Ron fucks up terribly he’s got this
Caddy’s rebuttals all battle long were actually really good. Third was solid. Caddy 3-0

- Holy fuck Deadman. Yep, this crowd is fuckin terrible. QP is cookin in his first with some Bulletz is white shit. QP is clearly the like a fuckin genius.
Bulletz’ round is good, that Rampage bar was like really, really good. I have it 1-0 QP, but I’m ok with people giving it to Bulletz
Yeah this may be one of the best QP’s we’ve ever seen. Great second round.
So…Bulletz is funny? The start of this second has me dying.
QP keeping up the aggression in the 3rd. Fuckin loved the Mario jumpin on Bulletz line
Bulletz’ third was also really good, shit got a bit more personal which I generally don’t like but I think it was effective in this case. I think QP got every round, but all being razor thin. Could see someone saying 3-0 Bulletz just as easy. Easily battle of the night.

- Cutter’s first is amazingly terrible
Onlyone is like an ok GZ level guy. He clearly won, but after the first we have a battle that may give Tricky/Lex a run for its money
Cutter’s 2nd is much, much better, wouldn’t call it anywhere near good though. And then he choked at the end. Lovely.
Onlyone’s second is basically what I imagine every white Canibus fan would text battle online in 2004. He’s outrapping Cutter easily, but please don’t mistake that as me saying he’s rapping well
Organik just looks sad in Cutter’s 3rd. I agree
Onlyone freestylin~!~!~! Someone please shoot me in the head. Now back to his Canibus type writtens. This is like if Bender was terrible. So yeah, 3-0 Onlyone in maybe the worst battle I’ve ever seen which didn’t involve gratuitous choking.

- JC looks like a 10 year old. JC with a very solid round which seems even better given most of the battles preceding it.
Psy has a style which is sorta polarizing. I don’t love it, but I recognize that a lot of people would. I think in a situation like that, you really have to do what you do as well as possible and recognize that there will be people like me who just don’t love the style. Anyway, his first is showing that this will essentially be a preference battle.
JC feels so confident in everything he does, the round was probably better than the first until it lost momentum at the end.
The Hebrews/Israelites thing is amazingly played out. Back to same Psycoses stuff, if you like it great, if not, then yeah. The orange ya glad I didn’t say banana thing was funny tho
3rd was more of the same from both.
I think it was a clear 3-0 from JC, but I say this with an understanding that Psy’s style doesn’t appeal to me.

- Remy’s a really good rapper. Like really good. Unfortunately he chokes.
I like Chedda more than most do, but admittedly, he’s lost a little bit of his luster lately. Chedda mentioned Carter which is interesting given the shine Carter has gotten lately. It’s all due to a “hes so nice, he’s a nerdy non-rapper” but I can’t help but feel this was a spot that should have gone to Chedda. Chedda embodies that style to the same extent Carter does, his rhymes are often self-deprecating, but he’s good. Fundamentally, it feels there have been several nerdy white stereotypes who have gotten to advance off of it, but Chedda, who’s undeniably more talented than all of them, has gone by the wayside. Just a quick little diatribe. Chedda got the first by default, but Remy’s rapping was so good it makes me think he didn’t.
Remy with a small stumble early. And then another. And a choke. At this point I have to wonder if it’s in bad taste to point out the proximity of QP given how unpolished this is compared to his last performance.
That Rem sleep bar was pretty cool by Chedda. He’s not a bad rapper himself. 2nd round seemed short (this is something I find to often be the case with Chedda)
The people talking in the background during Remy’s round about PH struck me as an immense disrespect. I know that wasn’t their intent, but it really made for a very awkward moment. Nice round but it was very short, and I have no idea how to speak about this in the context of a battle. So RIP PH, though I can’t lie, this really makes Chedda’s next round just seem kinda like it shouldn’t happen. That’s a very awkward thing to try to follow.

- Diz’s first couple bars were pretty ok. Anddddddd we’re back to classic Diz. By now you should all know what that entails.
Chilla bragging about the PH thing at least didn’t go long, but that was kinda weird. I mean, I get the bar and everything, but castration doesn’t involve cutting any part of a dick off. Jesus if someone outside of the scene sees me analyzing bars about partial penis removal it’s suicide with the quickness. Chilla is a really good writer, but the 5 minutes is probably a bit much.
Diz’s 2nd is the Diz we all know and…yeah…we all know. Chilla looks like he’s daydreaming.
Chilla’s 2nd is pretty good, but all that food he’s talking about is making me hungry. Chilla was polished, was pretty good. Diz was Diz. Chilla got this, no debating.

- Day’s first bit of the first felt umm weird. Day’s wife is really pretty and his watch is even prettier. Fuckin dying at the basketball story. Day snappin with bars.
Danja’s really picked up the aggression and delivery since the last time I paid attention to him. This is good from both sides so far and I don’t think I can call the first round.
Day’s cancer/wig on a youngster was fuckin insane, holy fuck. Good round, lost momentum at the end tho.
Aktive’s “who us” type adlibbing when Danja referenced them was fantastic. I have literally used Danja’s getting mad about an ex going through my texts. Yay for relatable bars.
Day’s third was pretty weird, but his breakdown of his antics was hilarious. Choke was disappointing, Organik’s “you sure this time”, was one of the funniest things all night.
Danja with a good third round and I think in many people’s eyes he won, I’m ok with that.

- Holy fuck that ended up taking up a bunch of words. All in all, there were a few highlights. QP/Bulletz was easily the best battle, JC did well, Chilla was polished, Danja was good and Day had moments. This said, it’s likely the worst event in several years for KOTD. A couple of transcendently bad battles started the night off, we had some chokes, and overall, just a really subpar event. I was very skeptical about the battles when the card was announced and with a combination of bad matchups, bad performances and a fucking terrible crowd, everything combined for the worst west coast event that KOTD has put on, and as I said, one of KOTD’s worst cards period. This said, sound and video were absolutely flawless and Avocado continues to push forward his goals of presenting the culture in the light that is needed. Please don’t take this bad review as some sort of condemnation of KOTD. They’ve delivered great event after great event, and law of averages dictates once in a while some are going to not be up to those standards. It’s the equivalent of your sports team taking a loss. It sucks, you brush yourself off and you go win the next game. I’m fully confident that KOTD will knock it out of the park come WD time, and hey, this shit is all subjective, so if others loved it, then that’s awesome. Anyway, if anyone read all this, congrats, you’re a masochist.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:32 AM   #2
Jack Deuce
Media

Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
Wow, that looks even longer than I imagined it would
Old 06-28-2015, 10:00 AM   #3
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
ghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarctica
this is the longest thread ive ever seen in my entire life, will come with a real response in 45 minutes when im finished reading
ghettonetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:11 AM   #4
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

ghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarctica
ok so yea this event was bad, and i saw someone else either on here or otbva saying something along these lines: remyd, dizaster, sicarrii, and joe cutter just need to stop. u guys arent good at this, just stop it, its bad, its really bad. dizasters second round and all of sicariis rounds were some of the most awkward shits ive seen in a while, u guys need to save urselves the embarrassment and just stop trying to be battle rappers
Old 06-28-2015, 10:19 AM   #5
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

sicarii especially, u were rapping in front of the damn fresh coast crowd and got zero reactions for 3 straight rounds....those ppl cheer for pretty much anything that rhymes...this should be a sign for u to pack it up and move on to other things in life
Old 06-28-2015, 10:34 AM   #6
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

Mentioned: 371 Post(s)
uuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarctica
looks like i didnt miss out on much ; oh well; salute @Jack Deuce and @ghettonetics
Old 06-28-2015, 11:15 AM   #7
Briscoe

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Briscoe is not the worst person
Only watched Diz's first round so far, ranged from good to the Diz that got played out a few times over the course of the round. I'd prefer if he kept doing Big T kinda battles where it's light-hearted and funny because he'd actually good at that, as well as being pretty observational, which again works well when he's picking apart someone's style, but then he goes into those schemes about wearing Ironman suits in apartment complexes or whatever and he loses me almost straight away.

Also why is this a 2 round battle with such flimsy time limits? Would it not have made more sense to do 3x2 minute rounds than two 5+ minutes ones?
Briscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:41 AM   #8
Briscoe

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Briscoe is not the worst person
Caddy is dope when he's not doing the shock value racist shit, he's probably let that define him now though soooo...

Sicarii has been almost enjoyably not good so far.
Briscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 02:10 PM   #9
Exenexex
project pattahhhhh

Mentioned: 322 Post(s)
Exenexex is better than Grind Time AustraliaExenexex is better than Grind Time AustraliaExenexex is better than Grind Time Australia
Sic wasnt that bad really its just the crowd didnt wanna give him a chance whatsoever
plus his style is more geared towards the eastcoast crowds (413, iBattle, Traphouse, WGHTV, etc.)
Exenexex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 03:04 PM   #10
Nick Vayne
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Nick Vayne has seen da-feet
Sic and Diz were way better than you gave them credit for, but that's just preference.

Qp/Bulletz and Remy/Chedda breakdowns are on point, I missed most of Tricky/Lex but it doesn't look like I'll be rewatching that tyvm
Nick Vayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 04:00 PM   #11
Casual

Mentioned: 452 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
on point from what i saw man. thanks for the recap, i missed danja/day, remy/chedda, and the second round of diz/chilla. guess i only gotta was danja/day.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 04:03 PM   #12
Jack Deuce
Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Vayne View Post
Sic and Diz were way better than you gave them credit for, but that's just preference.

Qp/Bulletz and Remy/Chedda breakdowns are on point, I missed most of Tricky/Lex but it doesn't look like I'll be rewatching that tyvm

When there is literally 0 crowd reaction it's really fuckin awkward, so it's hard for me to be positive about sic. Diz was what he was, if people like that then they'll like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-28-2015, 07:42 PM   #13
rebel

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
rebel is not the worst person
Good breakdown. QP vs bulletz will be the only one of these that I'll watch.
rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 07:47 PM   #14
Jack Deuce
Media

I'm 97% sure this is going to offend KOTD staff, and that's really unfortunate
Old 06-28-2015, 11:43 PM   #15
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1181 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
Good review my man!

Love these reviews let's keep em coming
AVOCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:44 PM   #16
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

uuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVOCADO View Post
Good review my man!

Love these reviews let's keep em coming
where can i purchase this ?
Old 06-28-2015, 11:52 PM   #17
AVOCADO
VIP

AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
where can i purchase this ?
www.kotdtv.com bro

Brad this didn't offend me at all if anything I agree with a lot of what you said a lot of people provided with the platform didn't show and prove so it is what it is
Old 06-28-2015, 11:55 PM   #18
Jack Deuce
Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVOCADO View Post
www.kotdtv.com bro

Brad this didn't offend me at all if anything I agree with a lot of what you said a lot of people provided with the platform didn't show and prove so it is what it is
Good, I was trying to be as objective as possible on it (while trying to be funny in some spots so it didn't get too boring). Some of the things like Psycoses I didn't love because I just don't love that style, but I think he did that style like amazingly well. Onlyone did much better in most people's eyes than he did in mine, so that could be preference as well. And to that, a lively crowd tricks me into thinking things are better than they are, so a better crowd would have helped
Old 06-29-2015, 12:06 AM   #19
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Deuce View Post
Good, I was trying to be as objective as possible on it (while trying to be funny in some spots so it didn't get too boring). Some of the things like Psycoses I didn't love because I just don't love that style, but I think he did that style like amazingly well. Onlyone did much better in most people's eyes than he did in mine, so that could be preference as well. And to that, a lively crowd tricks me into thinking things are better than they are, so a better crowd would have helped
your name is brad ?
Old 06-29-2015, 12:10 AM   #20
Jack Deuce
Media

Quote:
your name is brad ?
lol yep
Old 06-29-2015, 12:13 AM   #21
AVOCADO
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Deuce View Post
For sure bro!
Old 06-29-2015, 12:18 AM   #22
brodeezy

Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
smh the moment wen u realize its actually brad deuce

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 12:20 AM   #23
Jack Deuce
Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
My already blown cover being ever more blowner?

I think I'm gonna pause that though to be honest, it barely makes sense
Old 06-29-2015, 05:55 AM   #24
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
The rest of the battles are reviewed with bottom of the barrel level expectations
Doesn't read like it. Reads like you knew you were going to dislike the event and were hoping to be surprised by some miracle.

QP vs Bullets sounds genuinely dope but goddamn if the negativity throughout didn't make me keep asking why the fuck someone would force themselves to watch something it sounded like they had no interest in.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:53 AM   #25
ass2myface

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOBone View Post
Doesn't read like it. Reads like you knew you were going to dislike the event and were hoping to be surprised by some miracle.

QP vs Bullets sounds genuinely dope but goddamn if the negativity throughout didn't make me keep asking why the fuck someone would force themselves to watch something it sounded like they had no interest in.
I miss the old N64 Bond game.. Cats would actually get heated over peeps taking Jobone in the game cause he was so small and tough to shoot.... We used to make bets that if you take his bushwick bill ass, and don't finish in the top 2, you got a wet sponge slapped in your face, and had to take Jaws lanky ass in the next match lol.... Miss the 4 person games, even good looking chicks would mix it up playing some old school bond

U a weirdo though, cat gave his honest opinion on the card, that he actually SEEN... And a couple other cats that I respect the opinion of, had similar stances... WOW it's 2015 and u still buying into WWF beefs with battle rappers, and acting like you taking a 2 week vacation from a site clouded your judgment lol....
ass2myface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:09 AM   #26
JOBone
Seasoned fan

JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by ass2myface View Post
I miss the old N64 Bond game.. Cats would actually get heated over peeps taking Jobone in the game cause he was so small and tough to shoot.... We used to make bets that if you take his bushwick bill ass, and don't finish in the top 2, you got a wet sponge slapped in your face, and had to take Jaws lanky ass in the next match lol.... Miss the 4 person games, even good looking chicks would mix it up playing some old school bond

U a weirdo though, cat gave his honest opinion on the card, that he actually SEEN... And a couple other cats that I respect the opinion of, had similar stances... WOW it's 2015 and u still buying into WWF beefs with battle rappers, and acting like you taking a 2 week vacation from a site clouded your judgment lol....
What is this?

Odd Job. That's the name you were looking for.

You feel better? You just summed up the 3 posts I've made from the 3 different threads I've read on this forum today.

Taking time off hasn't clouded my judgment, it's the opposite. It's made me realize how pessimistic people are on this forum. It's like every thread I click on is people bitching about shit. It even has me jumping in here on some angry shit. lol

I got bodied 3-0 for even logging back on.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:37 AM   #27
ass2myface

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
Quote:
What is this?

Odd Job. That's the name you were looking for.

You feel better? You just summed up the 3 posts I've made from the 3 different threads I've read on this forum today.

Taking time off hasn't clouded my judgment, it's the opposite. It's made me realize how pessimistic people are on this forum. It's like every thread I click on is people bitching about shit. It even has me jumping in here on some angry shit. lol

I got bodied 3-0 for even logging back on.
looking for a good track to describe you.... 2 short, get in were you fit in? Couldn't let go of Rapmusic.com and had a tough time making the change after RMBVA blew up pooh man sucked a ton of west coast cats dicks to fit in lol... short killed him on a track and later more came with Spice 1, you know you done fucked up right track.... Point is, nobody cares for a fake ass kisser like you, that feels some sense of INTERNET entitilement lol... You tried to be loyal to a internet site before in rapmusic.com lol, and held out like you were part of the players union during strikes .. Are u a scab? dork prolly doesn't even get that

You Always, bought into and got emotional about battler rap blogs, way before your last 3 post you aren't even trolling, and it's weird

throwback track for you on rapmusic.com

ass2myface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:02 AM   #28
JOBone
Seasoned fan

lol What is going on?

ass2myface must be living out some kind of fantasy right now.

He has all this ammo he's been storing up to rip into me.

Oh no man, I submit!

You are the superior internetter with the sick burns.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:09 AM   #29
JOBone
Seasoned fan

@Jack Deuce you are still good in my book, regardless of whatever your opinion on rapping battles are.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:11 AM   #30
JustJ123

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
Quote:
your name is brad ?
This shit leaned the fuck out of me
Old 06-29-2015, 12:12 PM   #31
Nick Vayne
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Nick Vayne has seen da-feet
Quote:
The rest of the battles are reviewed with bottom of the barrel level expectations
Quote:
Doesn't read like it. Reads like you knew you were going to dislike the event and were hoping to be surprised by some miracle
Well.. yeah.. isn't that implied by 'bottom of the barrel level expectations'?

I'm confused
Nick Vayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 01:50 PM   #32
brodeezy

Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:

jobone once again doing his best at disallowing people from disliking anything to do with battle rap.

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote