Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
WFF CEO on AFR speaking on Lush One

Old 10-23-2016, 05:48 PM   #161
averagejoe

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
how many years in the making is tycoon tax? the most pushed battler in history..the opposite of a reverse live
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 05:48 PM   #162
Nick H.
on her mind, in her mouth

Mentioned: 471 Post(s)
Nick H. is better than Grind Time AustraliaNick H. is better than Grind Time Australia
Send a message via AIM to Nick H.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledge View Post
where esem from?

where urban from?
Northern California, about 5-6 hour drive from LA.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:49 PM   #163
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick H. View Post
Word up.

1. Well as far as KOTD in Canada it merely comes down to demographics. In Cali I think it's just a disenfranchisement partially due to the fact that there are so many different scenes and pockets of fans / artists throughout an area that actually has more people than the entire population of Canada. Bringing together the white artists (most of whom aren't even from LA), the Latinos on the EastSide, and the Black artists / fans together can truly create a monopoly similar to how GT had in Cali from 2008-11 .. Except now it would be modernized and run by ppl who really understand how to make it sustainable for the LongWay LongWay
Yeah, I don't think it helps the street rappers. It maybe helps the backpacker rappers/fans. Probably helps a lot of your friends. But I don't see how someone whose street cred is a big part of their image as a rapper can benefit from being associated with that agenda. If anything, it could hurt their image. It kind of contradicts what they stand for.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 05:50 PM   #164
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 427 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Northern California, about 5-6 hour drive from LA.

aight so now it's not just a California thing

it's an LA thing

shit went from diversity
to a Cali thing
but now it's an la thing
Old 10-23-2016, 05:51 PM   #165
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

it's an LA thing

shit went from diversity
to a Cali thing
but now it's an la thing

oh that's weird...

that seems like the opposite of diversity
Old 10-23-2016, 05:51 PM   #166
Nick H.

Nick H. is better than Grind Time AustraliaNick H. is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
u make it an LA thing man..KOTD is not good with building talent period. im not even gonna pretend like i know the 1 exact reason but they arent good at that and never have been since they started booking mostly other talent

im not saying its cuz they started booking mostly GT and then URL guys but thats abouts the time they completely stopped being able to build a single person from the bottom up
PNUT
PSYCHOSES
MADFLEX
DANNY MYERS
RUM NITTY
KG THE POET
100 BULLETZ
LEXX LUTHOR
ARCANE
BENDER
PAT
LOE
HOLOHAN
CHARRON
LU CYPHER
SHOTTI P

shit, I think KOTD does a much better job of developing talent than they get credit for
Old 10-23-2016, 05:54 PM   #167
averagejoe

averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Yeah, I don't think it helps the street rappers. It maybe helps the backpacker rappers/fans. Probably helps a lot of your friends. But I don't see how someone whose street cred is a big part of their image as a rapper can benefit from being associated with that agenda. If anything, it could hurt their image. It kind of contradicts what they stand for.
hey man the grass aint always greener on the other side. if u ever wanna hear our backpacker issues i think their worse than ur street rapper issues right now
Old 10-23-2016, 05:55 PM   #168
Nick H.

Quote:
That's bullshit.. One of the things that set Arsonal, Conceited, Hollow, DNA, etc off was the fact that they are diverse enough to attract fans of all types without compromising their "street credibility". And look who are all amongst the most viewed battlers..

On top of that this is being initiated by my friends from the hood scene out here WANTING to be involved on KOTD and feeling left out. So in this case I would say you assumption is 100% false.

You seem to be a separatist my guy lol
Old 10-23-2016, 05:55 PM   #169
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
If there's quality street talent and it's getting shown to J-Pro and Avocado, you can bet they're trying to book those battlers. If those battlers aren't on KOTD, it's either they haven't been seen, aren't seen as that good, or...they aren't fucking with KOTD because of past experiences/contracts with other leagues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 05:57 PM   #170
6000GP
tupac back

6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
To be fair KOTD is probably the most diverse league in the world by far..

I just, really as a fan, wanna see more of the hood scene being in the mix out here on that platform and think it would ultimately be very successful
Lol dude... Kotd is NOT a street-oriented platform. It just isn't, it never will be, and no one will ever look at it as such.

If you wanna see street rappers from california with greater representation (I definitely do), then your best bet is to just let URL do their thing, stay out of their way, and hope for the best. No one will ever respect kotd as a street-oriented platform, that's just not their lane, and that's perfectly fine.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:57 PM   #171
averagejoe

Quote:
PNUT
PSYCHOSES
MADFLEX
DANNY MYERS
RUM NITTY
KG THE POET
LEXX LUTHOR
LU CYPHER
SHOTTI P

shit, I think KOTD does a much better job of developing talent than they get credit for
take out the guys who were popular before they started booking mostly other leagues and mostly top tiers at all events...

it leaves the people i left in ur quote and im gonan be honest, a lot of them really fucking suck and i wouldnt consider them being "built" into anything
Old 10-23-2016, 05:57 PM   #172
Nick H.

Quote:

it's an LA thing

shit went from diversity
to a Cali thing
but now it's an la thing
Once again, you ain't been reading my posts brobro.. From my first post on this subject I implied more diversity in regards to incorporating the different local scenes particularly the hood out here, which also happens to be a current hot spot for rising talent
Old 10-23-2016, 05:58 PM   #173
Nick H.

Quote:
take out the guys who were popular before they started booking mostly other leagues and mostly top tiers at all events...

it leaves the people i left in ur quote and im gonan be honest, a lot of them really fucking suck and i wouldnt consider them being "built" into anything
I don't know, I think those dudes are all pretty damn solid
Old 10-23-2016, 06:00 PM   #174
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Once again, you ain't been reading my posts brobro.. From my first post on this subject I implied more diversity in regards to incorporating the different local scenes particularly the hood out here, which also happens to be a current hot spot for rising talent
who're some of the new talented dudes and can you provide links to their best battles? Maybe someone from KOTD will check this out and try to book them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 06:01 PM   #175
Nick H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
If there's quality street talent and it's getting shown to J-Pro and Avocado, you can bet they're trying to book those battlers. If those battlers aren't on KOTD, it's either they haven't been seen, aren't seen as that good, or...they aren't fucking with KOTD because of past experiences/contracts with other leagues.
And there's definitely a lot of talent that they might not be fully aware of.. Shit I learn about new hitters out here like every week.

I feel like you taking my points as a critique when its not.. I guess if you were out here you might see more what I'm striving towards.
Old 10-23-2016, 06:01 PM   #176
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Quote:
nah

you are going about this all wrong

you started the conversation by saying how oddly segregated it's getting

you literally can just say 'damn it'd be dope to put on *said battlers name* from LA, ill local talent.'

but you are 100% pot stirring by starting off the conversation that shit is segregated
Old 10-23-2016, 06:03 PM   #177
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

this is starting to look like you know like 2-3 battlers that haven't been booked and they are salty about it

you can just name names of these battlers and put them on instead of this weird sort of backhanded plea
Old 10-23-2016, 06:06 PM   #178
averagejoe

Quote:
And there's definitely a lot of talent that they might not be fully aware of.. Shit I learn about new hitters out here like every week.

I feel like you taking my points as a critique when its not.. I guess if you were out here you might see more what I'm striving towards.

maybe they should try to hold "auditions" at accessible places where the talent may be even if its just a staff member being like k meet me at the garbage can behind 8th street at 5 and spit me 3 rounds
Old 10-23-2016, 06:09 PM   #179
averagejoe

i feel like ledge is about to hit lush
can we get security here @Seanzo
Old 10-23-2016, 06:09 PM   #180
Nick H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
who're some of the new talented dudes and can you provide links to their best battles? Maybe someone from KOTD will check this out and try to book them...
Here's some of who I would like to see personally, I know some of these ppl have already been approached, and some are not all the way ready. Some already have been on GZ/KOTD but greatly improved since but:

BDOT
DRE VISHISS
8R14
GEECHI GOTTI
RON COMPTON
SO FINESSE
BEAZT GATLIN
FLYKING
DIESEL
RX
MBD

& I think that white boy Strick from Texas would actually be a BIG problem
in KOTD..
Old 10-23-2016, 06:10 PM   #181
averagejoe

Quote:
FLYKING
Old 10-23-2016, 06:10 PM   #182
Nick H.

Quote:
maybe they should try to hold "auditions" at accessible places where the talent may be even if its just a staff member being like k meet me at the garbage can behind 8th street at 5 and spit me 3 rounds
Or even get the PYs extra lit again
Old 10-23-2016, 06:11 PM   #183
Nick H.

That kid LINK gonna be a big problem in bit too
Old 10-23-2016, 06:14 PM   #184
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Quote:
i feel like ledge is about to hit lush
can we get security here @Seanzo
nah nick knows it ain't like that

Quote:
Here's some of who I would like to see personally, I know some of these ppl have already been approached, and some are not all the way ready. Some already have been on GZ/KOTD but greatly improved since but:

BDOT
DRE VISHISS
8R14
GEECHI GOTTI
RON COMPTON
SO FINESSE
BEAZT GATLIN
FLYKING
DIESEL
RX
MBD

& I think that white boy Strick from Texas would actually be a BIG problem
in KOTD..
B Dot won't battle on kotd, according to Kyle

Also dre vishis has been discussed heavily, as have some of the others for December's card, just because it ain't out there doesn't mean it's not in the works

Gonna check out the others that I don't recognize

FYI all you needed to do was post this list haha
Old 10-23-2016, 06:14 PM   #185
Nick H.

Quote:
this is starting to look like you know like 2-3 battlers that haven't been booked and they are salty about it

you can just name names of these battlers and put them on instead of this weird sort of backhanded plea
That's not how I meant for it to come off..

But there is definitely a degree of segregation in the scene out here.. I go to almost every event every league puts on so I see and hear about it quite a bit.

Why do you think Day is always tweeting about how segregated battle rap in general is ESPECIALLY in California? This not coming outta left field
Old 10-23-2016, 06:16 PM   #186
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
That kid LINK gonna be a big problem in bit too
What's his best battle to check out, for context?

But yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing 8R14 vs. Lu Cipher on a Bunker card, and Dre could put in some work on KOTD. Not sure why B-Dot doesn't want to battle on KOTD, but I've been hearing that for awhile now.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 06:16 PM   #187
Nick H.

Quote:
nah nick knows it ain't like that

B Dot won't battle on kotd, according to Kyle

Also dre vishis has been discussed heavily, as have some of the others for December's card, just because it ain't out there doesn't mean it's not in the works

Gonna check out the others that I don't recognize

FYI all you needed to do was post this list haha
Yeah I hope to see more of this talent migrate.. But keep in mind I'm referring not only to the battlers but the fans/crowds as well.
Old 10-23-2016, 06:18 PM   #188
Nick H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post

But yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing 8R14 vs. Lu Cipher on a Bunker card, and Dre could put in some work on KOTD. Not sure why B-Dot doesn't want to battle on KOTD, but I've been hearing that for awhile now.
He chokes a lot still cuz he's super young .. But u can see the potential.

Also keep in mind a lot of the guys / girls I mentioned recently had their best battles and they are not online yet
Old 10-23-2016, 06:18 PM   #189
averagejoe

since u mention daylyt id like to tell everybody that hes the only battler who retweets all my posts and gave me 60% of my subs recently without dropping any real content...real good guy
Old 10-23-2016, 06:18 PM   #190
Nick H.

Quote:
U LOLin at the name or because bro's gay?
Old 10-23-2016, 06:19 PM   #191
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Quote:
Yeah I hope to see more of this talent migrate.. But keep in mind I'm referring not only to the battlers but the fans/crowds as well.
id say it's more the crowd then any other aspect

and with that you can't force people to like shit they don't, whether it's dope to us or not
Old 10-23-2016, 06:19 PM   #192
Nick H.

Quote:
since u mention daylyt id like to tell everybody that hes the only battler who retweets all my posts and gave me 60% of my subs recently without dropping any real content...real good guy
I RT u all the time too dude
Old 10-23-2016, 06:20 PM   #193
Nick H.

Quote:
id say it's more the crowd then any other aspect

and with that you can't force people to like shit they don't, whether it's dope to us or not
But u can manipulate / change their sensibilities over time.
Think of how many eras there have been in battle rap
Old 10-23-2016, 06:22 PM   #194
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
He chokes a lot still cuz he's super young .. But u can see the potential.

Also keep in mind a lot of the guys / girls I mentioned recently had their best battles and they are not online yet
With that in mind, what's Linc's best performance that shows that potential?
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 06:23 PM   #195
averagejoe

Quote:
I RT u all the time too dude
u are the 2nd most but day's got that 100% accuracy and i never spoken to dude before. Norbes did once and then he deleted it
Old 10-23-2016, 06:24 PM   #196
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Quote:
But u can manipulate / change their sensibilities over time.
Think of how many eras there have been in battle rap
The eras were molded around what product was available though...
Old 10-23-2016, 06:29 PM   #197
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
That's bullshit.. One of the things that set Arsonal, Conceited, Hollow, DNA, etc off was the fact that they are diverse enough to attract fans of all types without compromising their "street credibility". And look who are all amongst the most viewed battlers..

On top of that this is being initiated by my friends from the hood scene out here WANTING to be involved on KOTD and feeling left out. So in this case I would say you assumption is 100% false.

You seem to be a separatist my guy lol
If there were a venn diagram for the 2 extremes in terms of battle rap styles, there would be an overlapping area where a lot of battle rappers would fall. Even still, none of that considers "star-quality" which is something that all of the rappers you named have, and that transcends style, sometimes.

That said, how does it benefit an up and coming artist who's marketing themselves as a street rapper to battle for a non-street oriented platform?

Why do you think rum nitty left for URL? Kotd gave him lots of opportunities, I'm sure he could've gotten to battle clips, and bigg k, eventually. He battled o-red, and b magic, already. But it wasn't until he battled on a street-oriented platform before people took him seriously as a street rapper. I didn't make the rules.
Old 10-23-2016, 06:30 PM   #198
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post

He doesn't wanna battle on kotd for the exact reasons I've been talking about in this thread lol
Old 10-23-2016, 06:31 PM   #199
Nick H.

Quote:
The eras were molded around what product was available though...
And the environments that led to the creation of those products
Old 10-23-2016, 06:36 PM   #200
Nick H.

Quote:
If there were a venn diagram for the 2 extremes in terms of battle rap styles, there would be an overlapping area where a lot of battle rappers would fall. Even still, none of that considers "star-quality" which is something that all of the rappers you named have, and that transcends style, sometimes.

That said, how does it benefit an up and coming artist who's marketing themselves as a street rapper to battle for a non-street oriented platform?

Why do you think rum nitty left for URL? Kotd gave him lots of opportunities, I'm sure he could've gotten to battle clips, and bigg k, eventually. He battled o-red, and b magic, already. But it wasn't until he battled on a street-oriented platform before people took him seriously as a street rapper. I didn't make the rules.
More exposure and a cross over audience NEVER tarnished anyone's brand.

Yes, Rum is now a star because of URL.,
KOTD helped position him to even be on their radar in the first place tho.. Remember, this whole time I've been taking about GZ / up & coming talent.

On top of that there are contractual semantics regarding him as well which I can't get into.

And the whole Bdot thing is a perfect example of why I made these posts.. Some ppl feel some type uh way..

Regardless, a big look on KOTD for someone like Dre would get him way more fans, help acclimate the audience to more artists / styles, and help provide him with bigger future opportunities.

Tags
gullyvsganik