Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
WFF CEO on AFR speaking on Lush One

Old 10-23-2016, 06:37 PM   #201
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
He doesn't wanna battle on kotd for the exact reasons I've been talking about in this thread lol
And those are what?
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 06:38 PM   #202
Nick H.
on her mind, in her mouth

Mentioned: 471 Post(s)
Nick H. is better than Grind Time AustraliaNick H. is better than Grind Time Australia
Send a message via AIM to Nick H.
GP hikey just speculating lol
Old 10-23-2016, 06:42 PM   #203
Nick H.

Nick H. is better than Grind Time AustraliaNick H. is better than Grind Time Australia
Daylyt just made a good point on my fb (he seems to pretty much completely agree as well)

Although he thinks it's more of a JOKES vs GUN BARS issue as well
Old 10-23-2016, 06:44 PM   #204
cooldoctormoney

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
cooldoctormoney is a PY Poster
i cant wait for the new hood rat battle league
cooldoctormoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 06:45 PM   #205
Nick H.

Well that's an awkward post lol
Old 10-23-2016, 06:51 PM   #206
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick H. View Post
More exposure and a cross over audience NEVER tarnished anyone's brand.

Yes, Rum is now a star because of URL.,
KOTD helped position him to even be on their radar in the first place tho.. Remember, this whole time I've been taking about GZ / up & coming talent.

On top of that there are contractual semantics regarding him as well which I can't get into.

And the whole Bdot thing is a perfect example of why I made these posts.. Some ppl feel some type uh way..

Regardless, a big look on KOTD for someone like Dre would get him way more fans, help acclimate the audience to more artists / styles, and help provide him with bigger future opportunities.
I kinda got to disagree with the underlined part. Flo Rida, Pitbull, Black Eye Peas, lots of different slang terms, like "bruh" and "turnt", for example.. I saw a post the other day about if jordans were to drop to $20 then they wouldn't be "cool" anymore... Now, you could argue that Flo Rida, Pitbull, and Black Eye Peas are more popular now, but they aren't respected figures in rap, that's for sure.

Theres lots of scenarios where "crossing over" can tarnish your brand.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 06:52 PM   #207
iamHBY

iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
My major nitpick isn't so much specifically regional, but more so in how a lot of newer battle rappers (not just in the West or the East, but all around) seem to be putting so much of an emphasis on wordplay, rather than trying to develop a unique delivery or any other quality of battling.
Old 10-23-2016, 06:52 PM   #208
Nick H.

Quote:
I kinda got to disagree with the underlined part. Flo Rida, Pitbull, Black Eye Peas, lots of different slang terms, like "bruh" and "turnt", for example.. I saw a post the other day about if jordans were to drop to $20 then they wouldn't be "cool" anymore... Now, you could argue that Flo Rida, Pitbull, and Black Eye Peas are more popular now, but they aren't respected figures in rap, that's for sure.

Theres lots of scenarios where "crossing over" can tarnish your brand.
Dude those are not good examples like at all..

You don't think BEP would rather be international pop icons than underground conscious rappers???
Old 10-23-2016, 06:54 PM   #209
Nick H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
My major nitpick isn't so much specifically regional, but more so in how a lot of newer battle rappers (not just in the West or the East, but all around) seem to be putting so much of an emphasis on wordplay, rather than trying to develop a unique delivery or any other quality of battling.
Yeah especially when vets switch they style up
Old 10-23-2016, 06:57 PM   #210
6000GP
tupac back

6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
And those are what?
It's not congruous with his brand/image

He's said so multiple times on different radio shows. I can't recall exactly when and where, but you could believe me or not

Its similar to how Daylyt and Danny Myers don't rep "fresh coast" because it's not a good look for what they're trying to do

My point of all this is that "unity" under a certain brand when it doesn't match up with the image you're trying to portray, or the direction you wanna go isn't necessarily helpful for some people
Old 10-23-2016, 06:59 PM   #211
Nick H.

Quote:

He's said so multiple times on different radio shows. I can't recall exactly when and where, but you could believe me or not

Its similar to how Daylyt and Danny Myers don't rep "fresh coast" because it's not a good look for what they're trying to do

My point of all this is that "unity" under a certain brand when it doesn't match up with the image you're trying to portray, or the direction you wanna go isn't necessarily helpful for some people
That I will agree with.. It's not exclusively beneficial
Old 10-23-2016, 07:00 PM   #212
averagejoe

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
since avo said any1 can use the bunker what u guys think of this idea:
Battle at the Bunker. For pink Slips.

also @Luke fuck off
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 07:01 PM   #213
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Dude those are not good examples like at all..

You don't think BEP would rather be international pop icons than underground conscious rappers???
I always though BEP was dumb ah lol. And clearly they prefer being superstars in the way they are now. But their brand as underground conscious rappers is undeniably tarnished by crossing over. Was it worth it? Probably, but that's besides the point.
Old 10-23-2016, 07:01 PM   #214
Nick H.

Lmaooooo
Old 10-23-2016, 07:02 PM   #215
Nick H.

Quote:
I always though BEP was dumb ah lol. And clearly they prefer being superstars in the way they are now. But their brand as underground conscious rappers is undeniably tarnished by crossing over. Was it worth it? Probably, but that's besides the point.
It definitely changed the dynamics of their brand.. They got rich
Old 10-23-2016, 07:02 PM   #216
Nick H.

This fool Avo got a camera soooo big
Old 10-23-2016, 07:05 PM   #217
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
It definitely changed the dynamics of their brand.. They got rich
Hey, when you're right, you're right...
Old 10-23-2016, 07:05 PM   #218
averagejoe

averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
Quote:
This fool Avo got a camera soooo big
im sick as fuck so im working all day on ur promo..but im also doing a bunker promo + business proposition for avo so i hope that dont strain our relationship
Old 10-23-2016, 07:06 PM   #219
iamHBY

Quote:
Yeah especially when vets switch they style up
Exactly. I get that doing wordplay is in now, and it's a style that's the easiest to use when around crowds that seemingly go crazy for everything every 2-4 bars (since the delivery behind it doesn't require a ton of time to build the momentum back up for after having the momentum hijacked by the crowd), but it becomes redundant to me when a bunch of people are doing it yet not adding their own spin to it.

The really good battlers to me are the ones that are either really great at one specific thing, or who can do a little of everything (punches, wordplay, angles, comedic or aggressive material, etc).
Old 10-23-2016, 07:09 PM   #220
Nick H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
im sick as fuck so im working all day on ur promo..but im also doing a bunker promo + business proposition for avo so i hope that dont strain our relationship
lol why would that strain our relationship? Avo my guy
Old 10-23-2016, 07:12 PM   #221
Nick H.

Quote:
Exactly. I get that doing wordplay is in now, and it's a style that's the easiest to use when around crowds that seemingly go crazy for everything every 2-4 bars (since the delivery behind it doesn't require a ton of time to build the momentum back up for after having the momentum hijacked by the crowd), but it becomes redundant to me when a bunch of people are doing it yet not adding their own spin to it.

The really good battlers to me are the ones that are either really great at one specific thing, or who can do a little of everything (punches, wordplay, angles, comedic or aggressive material, etc).
I miss stylistic differences period
Old 10-23-2016, 07:13 PM   #222
iamHBY

Quote:
I miss stylistic differences period
Same here.
Old 10-23-2016, 07:14 PM   #223
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 427 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

nah that's not true

I know for a fact, maybe that's what he wants to portray but I have definitive proof that ain't it
Old 10-23-2016, 07:18 PM   #224
averagejoe

Quote:
Avo my guy
this is clearly a fact
Old 10-23-2016, 07:19 PM   #225
Nick H.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him on KOTD or URL within 6 months .. Even if he "retires" lol
Old 10-23-2016, 07:19 PM   #226
Marcus

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Marcus is better than Grind Time AustraliaMarcus is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
@Marcus like son comes from father like backpack comes from street. That makes sense if you meant originally that backpack has street elements but not the reverse.
ok I get it
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 07:21 PM   #227
Marcus

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Marcus is better than Grind Time AustraliaMarcus is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see him on KOTD or URL within 6 months .. Even if he "retires" lol
Who??
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 07:21 PM   #228
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

agreed

but to throw out all this nonsense that is hearsay is hella stupid

it's not the reason...people need to stop acting like they know
Old 10-23-2016, 07:23 PM   #229
Nick H.

Yuuuuurp
Old 10-23-2016, 07:24 PM   #230
Nick H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Who??
B.Dot
Old 10-23-2016, 07:29 PM   #231
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledge View Post
nah that's not true

I know for a fact, maybe that's what he wants to portray but I have definitive proof that ain't it
If ur talking about him making a deal with URL, yeah that's already out there

Idk, I first heard him talk about this hella months ago

Maybe he was lying
Old 10-23-2016, 07:31 PM   #232
Nick H.

He don't have a deal w URL as of now I can confirm for a fact
Old 10-23-2016, 07:41 PM   #233
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Quote:
If ur talking about him making a deal with URL, yeah that's already out there

Idk, I first heard him talk about this hella months ago

Maybe he was lying
I'll say this, he was reached out to over a year ago about battling out west by avo...his reasons weren't what you think

and has been back and forth since, claiming the same reasoning he had from the jump

there was never anything about 'bad looks' or anything of that sort
Old 10-23-2016, 08:42 PM   #234
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
I'll say this, he was reached out to over a year ago about battling out west by avo...his reasons weren't what you think

and has been back and forth since, claiming the same reasoning he had from the jump

there was never anything about 'bad looks' or anything of that sort
Okay. But I did find this... http://www.blogtalkradio.com/xciledt...dio-with-b-dot (skip to 50:33)
This was from at least 6 months ago, and I heard him say something similar on AFR before that
(Btw, I don't condone or support what he said in that clip or how he said it, but that's his prerogative)

Also, here he says something about "trying to make the right moves that benefit my brand and benefit what I'm trying to do..."

So, I mean, you say there's another mystery reason that you can't talk about, and I guess that trumps what he's said out of his own mouth.
Old 10-23-2016, 08:43 PM   #235
Nick H.

Btw
Pull up and air shit out
Old 10-23-2016, 08:44 PM   #236
Nick H.

Ay is it possible to link a FB post in here?

Cuz I think all of you who don't get what I mean by racially divided will have a much clearer picture if you see the responses to my post.
Old 10-23-2016, 08:47 PM   #237
Nick H.

https://www.facebook.com/LushOneCA/p...54146252749891
Old 10-23-2016, 09:03 PM   #238
EchosMyron

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
EchosMyron is not the worst person
I really wish AngryFan's intro wasn't 10x louder than the actual conversation in every single interview he does.
EchosMyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:32 PM   #239
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Quote:
Okay. But I did find this... http://www.blogtalkradio.com/xciledt...dio-with-b-dot (skip to 50:33)
This was from at least 6 months ago, and I heard him say something similar on AFR before that
(Btw, I don't condone or support what he said in that clip or how he said it, but that's his prerogative)

Also, here he says something about "trying to make the right moves that benefit my brand and benefit what I'm trying to do..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeFXjNj_qzI

So, I mean, you say there's another mystery reason that you can't talk about, and I guess that trumps what he's said out of his own mouth.

my 'mystery reason' was from his mouth, and not in front of a camera and have nothing to do with his brand.

stop pushing the issue and prying, I'm just going off of stuff directly said by him not on some show or something
Old 10-23-2016, 09:42 PM   #240
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
my 'mystery reason' was from his mouth, and not in front of a camera and have nothing to do with his brand.

stop pushing the issue and prying, I'm just going off of stuff directly said by him not on some show or something
Lmao, I'm not prying, if you wanna keep your secret, keep your secret man hahaha

I'm perfectly satisfied with his publicly stated reasoning

Tags
gullyvsganik