Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Is Lux Really Autistic? WTF Is Wrong With This Nigga?

Old 07-23-2014, 11:38 PM   #1
Soda Popinski
Bitches Love Soda

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Soda Popinski is not the worst person
Is Lux Really Autistic? WTF Is Wrong With This Nigga?

Watching this interview and I think he legit has a mental illness of some kind. Someone please give me insight on this. This is a word-for-word transcript of how he just answered a very simple question in this interview.

http://urltv.tv/lux-on-murda-mook-we...d-next-time-2/

Interviewer: "You had a big battle, what was your mentality going into the rematch? How were you focusing on Mook?"

Lux: "Um, you know, uh.. this one was a little different. You know what I'm sayin', in regards going into it. You know, I always wanna still, you know... give uh, the people a great display of the culture. You know what I'm sayin', I think ya'nahmean some things are just... it's just perfect, you kno'mean, for the way the whole design is supposed to come out in the overall end. I mean, the way I see it from my perspective but you know, yeah as far as umm... my mentality ya'nahmean, in terms of going into it... I focused on it the way I felt I needed to focus on it. And in regards into my initial, you know what I mean, point of view of going into it, yeah... you know what I mean, as far as what I was going there to display... you know what I'm sayin', but... you know. Uhh... if you gotta know, what being in the thick of things... you know what I'm saying, some things, you know... you find out a little bit later on, you know what I'm saying. How,but that's why I say it's all part of the way this thing is supposed to go. It's all necessary. You know what I'm mean, like you know for me, it's legacy, it ain't a lick, you know. So, that's for everything and everybody included. I learned a lot, you know what I'm saying, on the journey, still learning on the journey. You know, it's on the job training for me. You know what I mean, so everybody get to see it, you know mine, my life just happen to be, you know, filmed. But you know, every experience is one to add, one to grow with, you know. Yeah, but my mentality was right, on the initial..."

WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN?!

What the fuck is this nigga's problem? Was that not a simple question?
Old 07-23-2014, 11:41 PM   #2
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
ghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarctica
lux is stupid as fuck thats for sure
ghettonetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:43 PM   #3
Metazone
(⌐■_■)=/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Metazone is better than Grind Time AustraliaMetazone is better than Grind Time Australia
Yeah I watched that on VladTV and turned it off halfway through, it was giving me a headache.

The guy can rap and comes with some decent angles some of the time. The rest of the time it is just random crap stuck together to "sound" clever when it literally makes zero sense if you brake it down.

And in his interviews he just babbles on and on about nothing, I remember when someone posted a link to a 40 min breakdown he did after the hollow battle about his rounds. You would have to pay me to sit through a 40 min Lux interview the guy is mental.
Metazone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:43 PM   #4
john babingus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
john babingus probably likes in here/hair word play
lux and dizaster have the worst most rambling interviews of all time
john babingus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:46 PM   #5
Soda Popinski
Bitches Love Soda

I would love for someone to break down that response though.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:48 PM   #6
JustJ123

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I think he just tries to sound deep all the time so it comes off as gibberish.

I def don't think he's autistic.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:54 PM   #7
BLEEZY
Capped In America

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
BLEEZY is better than Grind Time AustraliaBLEEZY is better than Grind Time Australia
Smack's got some competition for number of times "nahmsayin" and yahmean" are said in one interview
BLEEZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:56 PM   #8
Ness Lee
VIP

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Ness Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time Australia
loooool this nigga sound slow man
Ness Lee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:57 PM   #9
thatguy

Mentioned: 767 Post(s)
thatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Lux enjoys being known as the 'intelligent' rapper so he tries to say shit that will sound smart / confuse dumb fans. He is more intelligent than a lot of his peers and definitely more intelligent than most battlerap fans. In the real world Lux can't get a job and has average intelligence so this is his outlet. It's all relative. See this thread to learn more:

http://rmbva.com/its-time-stop-actin...9.html?t=11609
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
Dizaster is my most favorite battle rapper of all time.
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:03 AM   #10
theORB
Banned

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
theORB is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda Popinski View Post
I would love for someone to break down that response though.
He said he didn't realize how things would play out until they did and he learned some things.
theORB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:27 AM   #11
erfworm

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
erfworm is better than Grind Time Australiaerfworm is better than Grind Time Australia
erfworm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:30 AM   #12
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
he def took the long route but shit made sense to me
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:31 AM   #13
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Mentioned: 805 Post(s)
Luke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time Australia
Remember that this has made Lux his money.

After Calicoe, everyone and their mother looked at Lux as some sort of super conscious, intellectual, role model dude....

... even though he's obviously isn't that intelligent and that a quick view of his personal life shows that he is not a role model.

So he has to keep doing this. It's got him paid... I can't blame him.

Top Five Best at "Flow", all time - Joey Jihad, E Ness, Arsonal, Calicoe, Yung Ill (when he is on point)
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:32 AM   #14
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Lux is from another planet. But he's not some "idiot"

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:35 AM   #15
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Luke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
He's not an idiot, but he is not intelligent either.

He's the type of guy to repost a Facebook infographic that says something like "Did you know that the original Statue of Liberty was a black woman?" .... then caption it with "I'm big on history! Stay well read!"

FYI this is something that Angryfan dude did lmao

Top Five Best at "Flow", all time - Joey Jihad, E Ness, Arsonal, Calicoe, Yung Ill (when he is on point)
Old 07-24-2014, 12:42 AM   #16
Metazone
(⌐■_■)=/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Metazone is better than Grind Time AustraliaMetazone is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
He's not an idiot, but he is not intelligent either.

He's the type of guy to repost a Facebook infographic that says something like "Did you know that the original Statue of Liberty was a black woman?" .... then caption it with "I'm big on history! Stay well read!"

FYI this is something that Angryfan dude did lmao
Yeah well it's no secret that angryfan is a fucking moron
Metazone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:43 AM   #17
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metazone View Post
Yeah well it's no secret that angryfan is a fucking moron
Yeah, that guy is not bright.

Lux isn't stupid though.... just fake intellectual

Old 07-24-2014, 12:58 AM   #18
thatguy

Mentioned: 767 Post(s)
thatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Lux isn't stupid though.... just fake intellectual
exactly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
Dizaster is my most favorite battle rapper of all time.
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:12 AM   #19
Brandon Miller

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Brandon Miller is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
damn space got bodied so bad on battle addict he had to change his name

btw Lux is autistic

-Big L
Brandon Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:46 AM   #20
My Kall

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
Just because Lux emphatically exhibits his intellectual capacity, doesn't mean that he's a pseudo scholar. I dunno how anyone who's observed the inane aura of commercial Hip-Hop can turn round and say Lux isn't cleverer than that, do you honestly think these radio rappers could replicate Lux's epideictic rhetoric?

The fact that Lux explores serious subjects, without resorting to cliches like a lot of conscious rappers, certifies his intelligence for me.

Lux won't be as sophisticated as some of the best posters on this web-site, but if you wanna lambast someone for being a philistine, there's like fifty other Battle-Rappers you should target before Lux.

Lux definitely isn't autistic or aspergers affected. Most battlers are astonishingly self-assured, audacious and immune to insecurity, whereas Lux's probably just quite self-concious and diffident, maybe he's OCD perfectionistic, all of that can unravel into slightly akward social interactions, especially if the other parties are ultra confident. It's normal though.

I'm no expert, but the aspergers sufferers I've seen are actually really vivacious and expressive of emotion, to the point of being irritating to some, and Lux doesn't do any of that.
My Kall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:57 AM   #21
Sky2real

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthol View Post
he def took the long route but shit made sense to me
Made sense to anyone with a brain. The Lux haters continue to embarrass themselves lol.
Sky2real is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:58 AM   #22
haatley

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
haatley is a PY Poster
He better hire that manager back to handle his interviews again.
haatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:59 AM   #23
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Miller View Post
damn space got bodied so bad on battle addict he had to change his name

btw Lux is autistic
weirdo's followin me around

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:00 AM   #24
AdarOne
shoots fair ones

Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
AdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICE
Quote:
Lux: ".. this one was a little different. in regards going into it. I always wanna still give the people a great display of the culture. I think some things are just...perfect, for the way the whole design is supposed to come out in the overall end. I mean, the way I see it from my perspective, but my mentality, in terms of going into it... I focused on it the way I felt I needed to focus on it. And in regards into my initial, point of view of going into it, as far as what I was going there to display. Uhh... if you gotta know, what being in the thick of things... some things... you find out a little bit later on.But that's why I say it's all part of the way this thing is supposed to go. It's all necessary. For me, it's legacy, it ain't a lick. So, that's for everything and everybody included. I learned a lot, on the journey, still learning on the journey. it's on the job training for me. so everybody get to see it, you know my life just happen to be, filmed. every experience is one to add, one to grow with. Yeah, but my mentality was right, on the initial..."
So i took out the "nah means" and the "know what I'm sayings" and its slightly clearer. I was hoping this would clear things up. turns out he just says words in hopes to sound intelligent. fuckin crazy.
AdarOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:02 AM   #25
EchosMyron

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
EchosMyron is not the worst person
He's just a dude trying, and failing, really hard to sound deep and intelligent.

Happens all the time.
EchosMyron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:08 AM   #26
Soda Popinski
Bitches Love Soda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky2real View Post
Made sense to anyone with a brain. The Lux haters continue to embarrass themselves lol.
It makes sense to a degree, in an I can kinda see where he was attempting to go with it type of way, but let's be clear, that was a whole lot of nothing. He went on an unnecessary tangent in response to a simple question. He DIDN'T answer the question and he's terrible at expressing exactly what, I assume, he really wants to say. I can't bring myself to believe that THAT'S really what he had in mind as a legit response.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:08 AM   #27
Bpayne

Mentioned: 265 Post(s)
Bpayne is a PY Poster
He studied at the Smiiiidddack school of Dialect they offer courses on how to speak for 20 minutes and only actually communicate 2 coherent sentences in that time.. it's really a gift to be that well spoken..it truly is.
Bpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:11 AM   #28
Soda Popinski
Bitches Love Soda

This nigga @Sky2real negged me.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:13 AM   #29
Sky2real

Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
It makes sense to a degree, in an I can kinda see where he was attempting to go with it type of way, but let's be clear, that was a whole lot of nothing. He went on an unnecessary tangent in response to a simple question. He DIDN'T answer the question and he's terrible at expressing exactly what, I assume, he really wants to say. I can't bring myself to believe that THAT'S really what he had in mind as a legit response.
As others have stated,he tries to give these amazing intellectual answers and fails miserably. But yea the gist of what he was saying was clear. Been doing it for years.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:14 AM   #30
Sky2real

Quote:
Don't take it personally. I neg anybody that badmouths the GOAT.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:15 AM   #31
WillyBoFung

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
WillyBoFung is a PY Poster
Quote:
he been all fucked up since lux got killed lmfao
WillyBoFung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:28 AM   #32
PieMan

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
PieMan is not the worst person
It felt like he was almost about to make sense at some point. He smiles like he's conveying an amazing point in his head, but what's coming out of his mouth is incomplete sentences and MANIAC NOISE.

It feels like he doesn't know that other people don't know what he's thinking.
PieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:41 AM   #33
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
i evened it out for you with a +rep. keep up the good threads Sodes.
mike rigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:44 AM   #34
SBOfficial
RUOfficial?

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
SBOfficial is not the worst person
"We live, learn, and grow on a platform where our progress is out on consistent display, that helps to fuel the culture. Now taking it all in, as I continue to progress in my efforts of betterment, I realize more that it's about longevity not a quick payoff. Being in the middle of such an elaborate platform at a prime stage, I see I still have much to learn, I admit that... because it's a constant learning curve. However, I feel my mentality going into this particular battle was right where I felt it should be at that moment" - Lux
SBOfficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:49 AM   #35
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
lol @ 5:16 with Micheal Hughes trying to rephrase his rambling answer and almost sounding unsure that he was able to condense a couple minutes of scattered thoughts into one short coherent sentence.
JOBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:08 AM   #36
barz2AM
NawmSayin

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
barz2AM is a PY Poster
nawmeantistic
Old 07-24-2014, 04:43 AM   #37
Throwback Mike
I'M NOT PAT STAY

Throwback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time Antarctica
This whole "Lux isn't actually intelligent" trope is really petty and borderline racist in a lot of instances. How effectively someone communicates is a certain facet of intelligence (in my opinion at least), but there are plenty of brilliant people who aren't necessarily the best speakers. If anything, it just seems like Lux might be over-thinking things. You'll notice that, as the interview goes on and he gets more comfortable, his speaking becomes much more fluid. Lux always makes sense though--even if he says things in a roundabout way.
Throwback Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:44 AM   #38
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kall View Post
Just because Lux emphatically exhibits his intellectual capacity, doesn't mean that he's a pseudo scholar. I dunno how anyone who's observed the inane aura of commercial Hip-Hop can turn round and say Lux isn't cleverer than that, do you honestly think these radio rappers could replicate Lux's epideictic rhetoric?

The fact that Lux explores serious subjects, without resorting to cliches like a lot of conscious rappers, certifies his intelligence for me.

Lux won't be as sophisticated as some of the best posters on this web-site, but if you wanna lambast someone for being a philistine, there's like fifty other Battle-Rappers you should target before Lux.

Lux definitely isn't autistic or aspergers affected. Most battlers are astonishingly self-assured, audacious and immune to insecurity, whereas Lux's probably just quite self-concious and diffident, maybe he's OCD perfectionistic, all of that can unravel into slightly akward social interactions, especially if the other parties are ultra confident. It's normal though.

I'm no expert, but the aspergers sufferers I've seen are actually really vivacious and expressive of emotion, to the point of being irritating to some, and Lux doesn't do any of that.
Well I guess I'd say first that I disagree highly with your assertion that Lux is NOT a fake intellectual.

Second, I'll say that I am an Autism/Aspergers/EBD professional and your understanding of Aspergers is way off...

Old 07-24-2014, 04:47 AM   #39
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwback Mike View Post
This whole "Lux isn't actually intelligent".
Is it really though?

We seem to attribute intelligence to anyone who can string a sentence together. White or black, I don't think any of these guys are "intellectual"

Old 07-24-2014, 04:52 AM   #40
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 832 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Honestly I think he's just one of those people who tries to make everything he does sound super important. Grandiose, if you will. That's the basic root of it, anyway.
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote