Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives > Hall of Shame
Original Content Beards and Battles: KOTD and the Charron vs HFK Debacle

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 03:37 AM   #81
brodeezy

Mentioned: 630 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
and the difference is criticisms of URL are damn near encouraged; criticisms of KOTD get labelled as hate no matter what. if u call a battler who battles primarily on URL shit, it's fine. if u call a battler who battles primarily on KOTD shit, chances are theres gonna be people that are ready as fuck to call u a hater.

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
Old 02-16-2016, 03:38 AM   #82
CBA

Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
CBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
and the difference is criticisms of URL are damn near encouraged; criticisms of KOTD get labelled as hate no matter what. if u call a battler who battles primarily on URL shit, it's fine. if u call a battler who battles primarily on KOTD shit, chances are theres gonna be people that are ready as fuck to call u a hater.
By who? The mods?
Old 02-16-2016, 03:38 AM   #83
justin0

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
justin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICE
let me put it to you this way, if you spend more than an hour a week on this board shit talking a league you don't like vs discussing what you're a fan of, you're a fuckin autist nerd who should reevaluate their lives

me included
Old 02-16-2016, 03:39 AM   #84
brodeezy

brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
So people don't ever criticize KOTD or their cards on this site?
some people, sure. most people, no. the majority of people on rmbva are innately more bias towards KOTD than any other league.

its funny when you compare thread activity of battles from some of the street leagues to some of the shittiest kotd battles. unless its an undeniable classic, people around here just care less when its two black dudes battling.

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Old 02-16-2016, 03:39 AM   #85
The Wise Owl

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
The Wise Owl is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
tbh, I didn't want to accuse him of lying but it's pretty suspect, eh?
yea i mean its unneccessary.

he could of just told u that he thought the tweets were out of pocket and that he was disappointed in u.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:39 AM   #86
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
tbh, I didn't want to accuse him of lying but it's pretty suspect, eh?
Nah, that's actually super suspect lmao

I don't understand why that would happen

I'm pretty sure that CTV doesn't know anything about rmbva's relevance to KOTD, and even if they did, what would they expect to accomplish by sending him the tweets from this one obscure twitter account? Something smells rotten in the Province of Ontario, if you asketh me
Old 02-16-2016, 03:40 AM   #87
brodeezy

@CBA are u high right now be honest

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Old 02-16-2016, 03:40 AM   #88
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:
By who? The mods?
Nah, it's not enforced but the fact that KOTD staff used to post on here regularly definitely kept them from criticism that other leagues got. The site opinions are very pro-KOTD. Not only that, we have advertised KOTD PPVs primarily, though that's because some leagues haven't got me banners when asked for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Old 02-16-2016, 03:41 AM   #89
CBA

Quote:
some people, sure. most people, no. the majority of people on rmbva are innately more bias towards KOTD than any other league.

its funny when you compare thread activity of battles from some of the street leagues to some of the shittiest kotd battles. unless its an undeniable classic, people around here just care less when its two black dudes battling.
So there are people that are saying Tycoon Tax, for example, is putting out classics? Or 100 bullets? I will admit I've seen a few Loe Pesci fans tho. I smell a reach here however.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:42 AM   #90
CBA

Quote:
Nah, it's not enforced but the fact that KOTD staff used to post on here regularly definitely kept them from criticism that other leagues got. The site opinions are very pro-KOTD. Not only that, we have advertised KOTD PPVs primarily, though that's because some leagues haven't got me banners when asked for it.
How is the heel turn going thus far Seanzo?
Old 02-16-2016, 03:42 AM   #91
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 427 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I'm watching the Grammys right now and it's mindblowing that, all these people sharing the same stage, and no one has talked about blowing each other.

Last edited by ledge; 02-16-2016 at 03:44 AM.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:43 AM   #92
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
ghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarctica
i really thought organik was smarter than this
Old 02-16-2016, 03:43 AM   #93
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
They're pretty clear to me, man. Organik should be able to tell it's sarcasm and even if CTV didn't take it that way my comment is just one of many and in no way constitutes me getting shit for those tweets. The guilt for the incident rests on KOTD and I think blaming me and places like this is absolute horse shit. Make sense?
No, I get what you are trying to say and I'm sure it makes sense to you.

Organik isn't directing his anger at you (RMBVA apparently) because he thinks you are the only one that said anything negative, he's angry because he knows you (the site's twitter) as a fixture in this small tight knit community adding fuel to this fire.

Is his anger misdirected considering the circumstances? Sure. Is he wrong for having words with possibly the only voice he knows on a personal level (or at least is acquainted with by being part of this small community) in a sea of anonymous internet outrage? Not really.

I mean, the only people who would even get your "joke" are in this community so I don't really see what you were hoping to accomplish with those tweets in the first place, but I see why is Organik decided to take out his frustration on you, not even that I agree with him or how KOTD, Charron, and HFK have handled this situation.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:43 AM   #94
brodeezy

Quote:
So there are people that are saying Tycoon Tax, for example, is putting out classics? Or 100 bullets? I will admit I've seen a few Loe Pesci fans tho. I smell a reach here however.
i mean, u really gonna use extreme examples of shitty battlers when we're talking about community norms here? thatd be like me using DNA as an example of rmbva hating on black battlers as if DNA isn't worth hating.

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Old 02-16-2016, 03:44 AM   #95
Serge T
Magitek Mayhem

Mentioned: 314 Post(s)
Serge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledge View Post
I'm watching the Grammys right now and it's mindblowing that, all these people sharing the same stage, and no one has talked about blowing each other.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:44 AM   #96
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1466 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Gary Clark Jr. hasn't even acknowledged Chris Stapleton's penis smh
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
Old 02-16-2016, 03:44 AM   #97
brodeezy

i like job ones point about only people following rmbva would understand the joke

as if the only people literally following the twitter account arent people that follow rmbva

hes smart

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Old 02-16-2016, 03:45 AM   #98
Throwback Mike
I'M NOT PAT STAY

Mentioned: 806 Post(s)
Throwback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Eh let's not overreact here. It was a bad segment but it's not like this is the end of KOTD or anything.
I kind of wish it were the end of KOTD, but that's just me...

I know just about everyone else here is very supportive of KOTD though (which makes Organik's response even more pathetic), so I'd feel bad for the rest of the board if they did go under.

Last edited by Throwback Mike; 02-16-2016 at 03:47 AM.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:46 AM   #99
The Wise Owl

So basically Organik and KOTD hate RMBVA.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:46 AM   #100
CBA

Quote:
i mean, u really gonna use extreme examples of shitty battlers when we're talking about community norms here? thatd be like me using DNA as an example of rmbva hating on black battlers as if DNA isn't worth hating.
Fair point. But is anyone really overhyping this black out 6 card, for example? I dunno for example the URL typically has a lot of gun bars. Have you seen the text battle section of this site yet?
Old 02-16-2016, 03:48 AM   #101
riffic
RYD ;

riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
we don't have text battles, we let our techs battle
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Old 02-16-2016, 03:50 AM   #102
6000GP
tupac back

6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Yep, and there's not even anything wrong with it, imo. I like kotd, too, otherwise I wouldn't spend so much time on this site, or money on their PPVs.

It just sucks that kotd doesn't seem to respect or appreciate how much they are supported here.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:50 AM   #103
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:
Old 02-16-2016, 04:01 AM   #104
The Wise Owl

Old 02-16-2016, 04:09 AM   #105
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wise Owl View Post
Damn, there's some good stuff in this post
Old 02-16-2016, 04:26 AM   #106
justin0

justin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
we don't have text battles, we let our techs battle
format c for life, i let that boot disk rattle.
install a boot loader, i let ntloader in the saddle.
explorer.exe, ntkrnl, win32 made in seattle,
dont praise linux or os x in my shop, thats psycho babble.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:32 AM   #107
wreckedangle
@wreckedangle

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
wreckedangle is not the worst person
fuck is up with that OP
two fags submitting their master thesis on the societal implications of the man-poem
whoa
ONLY DUMB NIGGA'S THINK ITS THE SAME PAIR I GOT SO MANY I COULD START A LINE...SLIME
WHOA!!!!
Old 02-16-2016, 04:33 AM   #108
justin0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckedangle View Post
fuck is up with that OP
two fags submitting their master thesis on the societal implications of the man-poem
lol exactly

repped
Old 02-16-2016, 04:37 AM   #109
Ness Lee
VIP

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Ness Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf View Post
I have learned over the years of supporting multiple leagues and multiple battlers that you can say 1000 nice things and they won't remember, but the first time you criticize or say something negative you will get classified as a "hater" or "anti ____"

The persecution / underdog complex is very real in this community
i used to as well. life is much easier when you get rid of that mentality.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:45 AM   #110
AdarOne
shoots fair ones

Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
AdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICE
lol, @ the OP

Jesus christ your pretty invested in this shit aren't you boys.

Let me summarize what you said.
Seanzo:
I sent out a tweet about this bullshit on CTV, now organic is acting like I'm to blame for the whole thing, and dislikes rmbva less than he already did. My feelings are hurt.

Ledge:
Im just here to over analyze, and insert dry, overly wordy humor into this situation. Also if you feel like everything I ever write is condescending...well than your right!

Riveting fellas. Really.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:46 AM   #111
Seanzo
We in here

Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdarOne View Post
lol, @ the OP

Seanzo:
I sent out a tweet about this bullshit on CTV, now organic is acting like I'm to blame for the whole thing, and dislikes rmbva less than he already did. My feelings are hurt.

Ledge:
Im just here to over analyze, and insert dry, overly wordy humor into this situation. Also if you feel like everything I ever write is condescending...well than your right!

Riveting fellas. Really.
Quote:
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:

Old 02-16-2016, 04:47 AM   #112
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 427 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdarOne View Post
lol, @ the OP

Seanzo:

Ledge:

Riveting fellas. Really.
dope breakdown tbf
Old 02-16-2016, 04:48 AM   #113
Rapsin
Queensbridge Murderer

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Rapsin is not the worst person
Quote:
this is so fucking true lmao.
How many times have you seen blatant hate on URL talent.
Anyone over here that thinks that this isn't a KOTD > URL board is lying to themselves lol.

Nobody will ever hate on The Saurus or other KOTD battlers here without someone getting butthurt just because they're members.

On topic though lol this was a bad look for KOTD but it'll very soon be forgotten.

Last edited by Rapsin; 02-16-2016 at 04:54 AM.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:51 AM   #114
Profess

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
@Seanzo you fucked up making those tweets. Just apologize to Organik and move on. This thread is hall of shame worthy.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:53 AM   #115
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf View Post
I have learned over the years of supporting multiple leagues and multiple battlers that you can say 1000 nice things and they won't remember, but the first time you criticize or say something negative you will get classified as a "hater" or "anti ____"

The persecution / underdog complex is very real in this community
Got dayum, from my perspective, this is the realest shit you ever wrote
Old 02-16-2016, 04:53 AM   #116
Seanzo
We in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
@Seanzo you fucked up making those tweets. Just apologize to Organik and move on. The thread is hall of shame worthy.
Nah, I disagree. See OP for why.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-16-2016, 04:56 AM   #117
Rapsin
Queensbridge Murderer

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Rapsin is not the worst person
Quote:
RMBVA is not a cancer on battle rap; the idea that a fan website could be detrimental and horrible is.
lol @ Organik.

Minus the dickriding and biasness at times, RMBVA isn't that bad.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:12 AM   #118
Paul Robeson
Loe Pesci's Biggest Fan

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Paul Robeson is not the worst person
Holy shit yall gotta look at the actual facebook post there are like 100s of senior citizens GOING IN on KOTD lmao
Top Ten White People: 1. Norman Bethune 2. Vladimir Lenin 3. Abraham Lincoln 4. George Carlin 5. John Brown 6. Frank Thompson 7. Lyudmila Pavlichenko 8. Anna Louise Strong 9. Woody Guthrie 10. Tadeusz Kościuszko
Old 02-16-2016, 05:13 AM   #119
Profess

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Nah, I disagree. See OP for why.
Well, I think you should reconsider because you seem like a reasonable guy. Even though it was a funny inside joke, most people can't spot this fake outrage. And since you are the voice of rmbva and always go above and beyond for the culture and the KOTD brand you are going to be held to a higher standard. I think that you love KOTD so much that you really were outraged by how bad those guys repped on Canadian TV.. but instead of just saying that you went with a cryptic humor that didn't go over well. Have you talked with Travis? I'm sure he doesn't really think you are outraged but to cite Poe's law.. things on the internet will be taken out of context and literal and perception is reality. This situation should blow over soon when cooler heads prevail, but I think we can all agree that you are sorry that your message was taken the wrong way and you weren't trying to sabotage KOTD. All that said, KOTD cronies should give you some space to operate and talk to you directly... if I am understanding this correctly. I'm sure you feel like you got thrown under the bus here, but it is great that @ledge had your back in creating this unorthodoxly structured OP.. chin up buddy
Old 02-16-2016, 05:15 AM   #120
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
What a shitshow
Closed Thread

Tags
6000gp ignores wife on valentine's day, 6000gp wears bedazzled jeans, 8216, 8217, 8230, detour, heelseanzo, heelseanzo in da house, profess loves the cock, riffic is on an ultra light beam, riffic is the tallest, riffic's got sweet shoes