Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives > Hall of Shame
Original Content Beards and Battles: KOTD and the Charron vs HFK Debacle


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2016, 03:42 PM   #161
Spacelab
Registered User
 
Spacelab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Yukon
Posts: 1,016
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Spacelab is not the worst person
You're telling me you have a national spot, which needs a charismatic family-friendly ready-for-Hollywood talent and you don't put on THIS GUY??

It should have been a compliment battle too

__________________
"Wake up and smell the Maxwell"

Last edited by Spacelab; 02-16-2016 at 03:46 PM.
Spacelab is offline  
Old 02-16-2016, 03:56 PM   #162
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald
 
RonRon da Dong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,647
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacelab View Post
You're telling me you have a national spot, which needs a charismatic family-friendly ready-for-Hollywood talent and you don't put on THIS GUY??

It should have been a compliment battle too

This^ had they gone with 2 likeable personalities and did a compliment battle instead the reception would've been completely different. Not that this show speaks to a demographic they want or need, still a pretty unwise decision on kotd/organiks part.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine View Post
I'd be like

I got 4 more bars hold on ..

then rap a whole 16
RonRon da Dong is offline  
Old 02-16-2016, 04:03 PM   #163
Spacelab
Registered User
 
Spacelab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Yukon
Posts: 1,016
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Spacelab is not the worst person
Chedda vs Tricky P

most polite rap battle ever, you make people laugh, it's jokes about helping old ladies cross the street. Tie it into Family Day and have the battle for most Family-Friendly battler


Ain't nobody want to hear about HFK's dick
__________________
"Wake up and smell the Maxwell"
Spacelab is offline  
Old 02-16-2016, 04:12 PM   #164
Jack Deuce
Media
 
Jack Deuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,165
Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
Wow yeah, compliment battle would have 100% been the way to go


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Check out BattleRap.com for all news, interviews, and telling me in the comments that the person I said was good is actually trash.
Jack Deuce is offline  
Old 02-16-2016, 04:38 PM   #165
CBA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,273
Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
CBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICE
Spacelab cracked the case here. Tricky P would've been >>>>>>
CBA is offline  
Old 02-16-2016, 04:40 PM   #166
averagejoe
©
 
averagejoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 13,864
Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
charron and hfk basically laughing at the producer (the one on organiks twitter) and saying they shud of expected that but they are mad at seanzo

organik should apologize
averagejoe is offline  
Old 02-16-2016, 04:45 PM   #167
Casual
Registered User
 
Casual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10,649
Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Now that Charron has embarrassed himself and the company on national television, KOTD should cut ties with him. Or just let him battle in GZ with HFK.

Never be able to make it big with that image holding you back.
Casual is online now  
Old 02-16-2016, 04:58 PM   #168
TonySharks
Sharks Industries
 
TonySharks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sharks Tower
Posts: 356
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
TonySharks is not the worst person
5* Shit.
__________________
TOP 10 IDIOTS IN BATTLE RAP (PAST N PRESENT)

01 - CHRISTIAN 818
02 - ALKI DAVID
03 - G MONEY
04 - FILMON
05 - MANIK
06 - NORBES
07 - DAYLYT
08 - LAURA TARSI
09 - BILLY BOONDOCKS
10 - GUY WHO GOT KNOCKED OUT BY SHOW OUT

TonySharks is offline  
Old 02-16-2016, 05:05 PM   #169
Nick Vayne
Battle Rapper
 
Nick Vayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,777
Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Nick Vayne has seen da-feet
Wow this has 17 pages?

Since when did people start acting like battlerap is anything more than creative, yet no less immature, name-calling?
I mean it was expected from white knight Seanzo, no offence that's just his gimmick, but people actually agree with this shit?

What they put on perfectly represents freestyle battlerap, did you expect them to waste some actual heaters on a breakfast show where the target audience is middle aged white women? Or 'diss' eachother with Dora the Explorer schemes? RMBVA pls
Controversy is always better than people thinking "ok that was alright, but not for me" and moving on.

Sure, RMBVA has a clear bias against HFK and Charron, but in all fairness, do you think people would've been any less offended if some of this site's darlings like Calicoe or Bigg K stood there rapping about selling drugs, shooting/beating each other up?
It was some light-hearted, improvised comedy ffs, you people take this WAAAY too seriously.

It's understandable Foreman and the mods try to keep this site somewhat alive with the 'all trolling should be allowed (unless Seanzo doesn't like it)'-policy, but you can't blame promoters for evading this site and considering it destructive to the culture. Almost NO battlerapper fucks with this site, even the ones you love so dearly, and there's a good reason for that.
Nick Vayne is offline  
Old 02-16-2016, 05:21 PM   #170
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser
 
cripplesunday1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Tea n Crumpets
Posts: 2,460
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
So KOTD shun Porich into obscurity but let this pair of cunts set the company back a couple of years.

Not putting Tricky P on to the charm the fuck outta everyone was a dumb move.
__________________
It's all subjective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is offline  
Old 02-16-2016, 05:26 PM   #171
Serge T
Magitek Mayhem
 
Serge T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,025
Mentioned: 314 Post(s)
Serge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Vayne View Post
Wow this has 17 pages?

Since when did people start acting like battlerap is anything more than creative, yet no less immature, name-calling?
You're missing the whole point. There was just nothing original about it. It wasn't even on Charron, to be quite honest. He did his thing. It's the use of an offensive angle with NO rapping or rhyme to it. Saying "Charron sucked my dick" for the fuck of it is just retarded, especially on that platform. If it had been at Blackout, I can assure you that the thread about the battle would be shitting on how bad the battle was and emphasizing on how HFK did HFK again. He would've been better off calling Charron a "fucking faggot" within a rhyme scheme. In fact, it should've been what he did.
Serge T is offline  
Old 02-16-2016, 05:34 PM   #172
Nick Vayne
Battle Rapper
 
Nick Vayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,777
Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Nick Vayne has seen da-feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge T View Post
You're missing the whole point. There was just nothing original about it. It wasn't even on Charron, to be quite honest. He did his thing. It's the use of an offensive angle with NO rapping or rhyme to it. Saying "Charron sucked my dick" for the fuck of it is just retarded, especially on that platform. If it had been at Blackout, I can assure you that the thread about the battle would be shitting on how bad the battle was and emphasizing on how HFK did HFK again. He would've been better off calling Charron a "fucking faggot" within a rhyme scheme. In fact, it should've been what he did.
Nah that's exactly the point I made. It WASN'T on Blackout, it was to a casual/mainstream audience. So HFK made an approachable, mildly funny joke about fellatio (boo fricking hoo, is Canadia really just as sensitive as the USA?) because it was Valentines day and they were 2 grown men doing poetry to each other, it fitted the situation.

I hope you're somehow joking that calling someone a 'fucking faggot' is better than him implying they had some friendly, homosexual relations before the show.
Nick Vayne is offline  
Old 02-16-2016, 05:39 PM   #173
CBA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,273
Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
CBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge T View Post
You're missing the whole point. There was just nothing original about it. It wasn't even on Charron, to be quite honest. He did his thing. It's the use of an offensive angle with NO rapping or rhyme to it. Saying "Charron sucked my dick" for the fuck of it is just retarded, especially on that platform. If it had been at Blackout, I can assure you that the thread about the battle would be shitting on how bad the battle was and emphasizing on how HFK did HFK again. He would've been better off calling Charron a "fucking faggot" within a rhyme scheme. In fact, it should've been what he did.
While I do think the battle was pretty cringey to watch, I do think there is just a slight overreaction from you and some others here. I guess to play devil's advocate you could say "well HFK saying he got a blow job from Charron is meant as an insult to Charron". From there you could go into "well, HFK would be gay too since he received the blow job" but I think HFK didn't really put that deep of thought into it.

I'll be honest the line isn't funny, with one exception, and this is a weird one, but this was some sort of trollish/Tom Green type of angle where they are discussing highly inappropriate stuff on the local news. Not saying it's good, but did you really expect HFK to churn out some sort of Aye Verb 3rd round vs Hitman stuff on the local news instead?

Last edited by CBA; 02-16-2016 at 05:41 PM.
CBA is offline  
Old 02-16-2016, 05:53 PM   #174
God of Rap
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
God of Rap is a PY Poster
reply back with some poetry @op
God of Rap is offline  
Old 02-16-2016, 05:56 PM   #175
God of Rap
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
God of Rap is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
While I do think the battle was pretty cringey to watch, I do think there is just a slight overreaction from you and some others here. I guess to play devil's advocate you could say "well HFK saying he got a blow job from Charron is meant as an insult to Charron". From there you could go into "well, HFK would be gay too since he received the blow job" but I think HFK didn't really put that deep of thought into it.

I'll be honest the line isn't funny, with one exception, and this is a weird one, but this was some sort of trollish/Tom Green type of angle where they are discussing highly inappropriate stuff on the local news. Not saying it's good, but did you really expect HFK to churn out some sort of Aye Verb 3rd round vs Hitman stuff on the local news instead?
Nah. Pat Stay should have gone at the autistic sufferers again tbh. Or the dementia sufferers.
God of Rap is offline  
Old 02-16-2016, 06:10 PM   #176
Casual
Registered User
 
Casual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10,649
Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
this thread bout to blow up.

or be mysteriously deleted.


anyway, in the context of 1-2 days prep the charron/hfk choices make more sense. still would have tried to get twist or someone who doesn't suck, but there's not many of those in the toronto area unfortunately.

i unno if it was an option but just having organik talk about it and maybe run some montage type shit would have also been preferable.
Casual is online now  
Old 02-16-2016, 06:15 PM   #177
JayceP
Registered User
 
JayceP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
JayceP is a PY Poster
Supporting KOTD for their product (rap battles), but making such a big deal about their marketing (a BO6 interview) is a little puzzling to me. The way I see it, it's like supporting Subway's sandwiches but making a scene when Jared shits the bed publicly...

I mean of course that interview was NAGL and probably hurt KOTD's brand more than it helped, but as a fan and supporter, why do you care... Do you have shares in the company?

Discussing the matter and laughing about it is one thing, but making a public statement about this is a little strange. With all due respect, either OP had a lot of spare time on his hands yesterday or he really felt like protesting something, in which case there are dozens of better causes..!

@SpecialOh is the real MVP of this thread though ahah.

Here's an idea: let's lock this thread and move on to discussing BO6.

Last edited by JayceP; 02-16-2016 at 06:18 PM.
JayceP is offline  
Old 02-16-2016, 06:16 PM   #178
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,561
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganikHipHop View Post
Ill break this down


Were currently on our media run for BO6, Meaning, were doing shows like this EVERYDAY, MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY. (We've done E Talk, Todd Shapiro Show, VIBE, 105.5, CBC, Breakfest telivision, CP24, CTVCanada AM, all in the last 6 days) **Keep in mind, all while prepping for BO6**

Now, most of these spring up with a day or two notice, in which our team struggles to try and find ppl who are available to do this.

When CTV send over the itinerary, the only stipulation on it was NO SWEARING. Now, Charron and HFK have been on multiple TV shows battle rapping where you cant swear but, do obviously cross a invisible offensive line.

CTV watched them rehearse for 15 mins and never said a word. They had them mic'd up and doing practice runs and never said a single fucking word to them. Once it hit live air, and received backlash, they ran to defend themselves and pointed the finger.

Now, i made a post on HFK's page asking ppl to tweet them nice things in hopes to try and save face for everyone a little bit since there main issue wasnt the content, but moreso the backlash they were receiving on twitter. Seanzo, being the great supporter of KOTD that he is (AS STATED IN OP) took the liberty to do exactly the opposite of what i asked and sent them disrespectful cryptic tweets to try and sabtoge our name. I sent him a very adult like, professional message as seen above.. and this is what he does... LOL

Now, yes, i do take responsibility for how things were handled yesterday and i have taken the liberty and the steps to ensure to i do share responsibility with the rappers and CTV. Ive sent a formal apology aswell as a gift set to them. So for you to come on here and speak on shit you know nothing of other then what i sent you is fucking hilarious.

Sorry, but in real life we address our issues head on. I didnt run to a forum to complain about seanzo, or blast him or RMBVA on my facebook since if im sharing responsability with the rappers, RMBVA is sharing responibility on how sean handles their twitter. I coud have easily done that, so continue on about the respect between us two cause as of right now, not a bad word about RMBVA has been posted from me while youve made seevral tweets and several forum threads about KOTD... but continue on with your delisional one way road level of respect for eachother
Ganik snapping
youdontwannabethatguy is online now  
Old 02-16-2016, 06:21 PM   #179
Casual
Registered User
 
Casual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10,649
Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayceP View Post
I mean of course that interview was NAGL and probably hurt KOTD's brand more than it helped, but as a fan and supporter, why do you care... Do you have shares in this company?
tbf, it's pretty common for fans of niche hobbies/interests to want to see associated brands succeed.

obviously no one here has shares with KOTD/URL/DF but outside of like 6000GP most of us wanna see this shit popoff and the people that deserve it to be able to make a good living off it and keep providing us with entertainment. even if that message isn't necessarily conveyed in the OP.

ill be the first to admit ive made some comments on here criticizing KOTD for one reason or another (though i think ive made a lot more comments praising them) but the reality is it's something i've been following basically since inception so i do have a certain investment in it even if it's not monetary. they've given me shittons of entertainment and it'd be nice to see them get their due, which in turn gives them the ability to give me even more entertainment. its a win win.

Last edited by Casual; 02-16-2016 at 06:25 PM.
Casual is online now  
Old 02-16-2016, 06:24 PM   #180
JayceP
Registered User
 
JayceP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
JayceP is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
tbf, it's pretty common for fans of niche hobbies/interests to want to see associated brands succeed.

obviously no one here has shares with KOTD/URL/DF but outside of like 6000GP most of us wanna see this shit popoff and the people that deserve it to be able to make a good living off it and keep providing us with entertainment. even if that message isn't necessarily conveyed in the OP.
Word, I hear you.
JayceP is offline  
Old 02-16-2016, 06:27 PM   #181
irvsykeg
Registered User
 
irvsykeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,459
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
irvsykeg is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrist View Post
for real it kills me. I've had an idea for one of my patented "battle rap not legend the wrist has somethin' to say" youtube videos that rake in 98 views for how annoying it is when someone calls it a sport for quite some time now and haven't bothered....maybe i should....!
do it brah 98 views is triple platinum with such a small sport nahmean
__________________
7 MULTI SYLLABLES FOR AN ONOMATOPOEIA AND NONE OF 'EM WAS FORCED. ADD ME ON DA FACEBOOK AND SEE ME POST RANDOM LINES FOR NO REASON!

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is offline  
Old 02-16-2016, 06:33 PM   #182
Profess
Registered User
 
Profess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 4,406
Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
@OrganikHipHop lighten up on Sean. He made a mistake and apologized for it. Granted, this thread is weird but he cares so much about that he is trying to save face I guess. Good point about us being responsible for him if you are responsible for battlers. Anyway, good luck with the media blitz.. And rmbva likes what you do but you shouldn't count on us because the outside world could see our down talking you as hate but its how we relate you motherfucker (see what I did there)

Last edited by Profess; 02-16-2016 at 06:38 PM.
Profess is online now  
Old 02-16-2016, 06:39 PM   #183
6000GP
tupac back
 
6000GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Northern California
Posts: 9,028
Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post

obviously no one here has shares with KOTD/URL/DF but outside of like 6000GP most of us wanna see this shit popoff and the people that deserve it to be able to make a good living off.
Seriously, what the fuck are you talking about? I don't want to "see this shit popoff"? Where the hell is this coming from?

And I highly doubt that seanzo tried to "sabotage kotd's name" smdh. These are accusations are insane.
6000GP is offline  
Old 02-16-2016, 06:40 PM   #184
Nick Vayne
Battle Rapper
 
Nick Vayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,777
Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Nick Vayne has seen da-feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
@OrganikHipHop lighten up on Sean. He made a mistake and apologized for it.
But what the fuck an apology mean when he turns around and makes this entire rant behind his back?

If you have this gripe, just tell the person who it's directed to (and you just so happen to be talking to at that exact same moment lmao) instead of doing this shit that just comes of snakey and attentionwhoring.
Nick Vayne is offline  
Old 02-16-2016, 06:42 PM   #185
Profess
Registered User
 
Profess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 4,406
Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Seriously, what the fuck are you talking about? I don't want to "see this shit popoff"? Where the hell is this coming from?

And I highly doubt that seanzo tried to "sabotage kotd's name" smdh. These are accusations are insane.
I think he's making an example out of you because you have questioned questionable behavior. Don't think he's really thinks that.
Profess is online now  
Old 02-16-2016, 06:43 PM   #186
Casual
Registered User
 
Casual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10,649
Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Seriously, what the fuck are you talking about? I don't want to "see this shit popoff"? Where the hell is this coming from?

And I highly doubt that seanzo tried to "sabotage kotd's name" smdh. These are accusations are insane.
you hate kotd like gwb hates black bro.




(i was just kidding man).
Casual is online now  
Old 02-16-2016, 06:46 PM   #187
TheFakeDetour
Battle Rapper
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
TheFakeDetour is not the worst person
both you nerds suck #Detour
TheFakeDetour is offline  
Old 02-16-2016, 06:46 PM   #188
Profess
Registered User
 
Profess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 4,406
Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Vayne View Post
But what the fuck an apology mean when he turns around and makes this entire rant behind his back?

If you have this gripe, just tell the person who it's directed to (and you just so happen to be talking to at that exact same moment lmao) instead of doing this shit that just comes of snakey and attentionwhoring.
I agree that issues should be dealt head on. I think he is explaining himself here because he feels terrible about hurting the brand. The guy is obviously passionate about KOTD so saying that it is sabotage is over the top and paronoid. But this is busy season and shit happens..
Profess is online now  
Old 02-16-2016, 06:47 PM   #189
Serge T
Magitek Mayhem
 
Serge T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,025
Mentioned: 314 Post(s)
Serge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Vayne View Post
Nah that's exactly the point I made. It WASN'T on Blackout, it was to a casual/mainstream audience. So HFK made an approachable, mildly funny joke about fellatio (boo fricking hoo, is Canadia really just as sensitive as the USA?) because it was Valentines day and they were 2 grown men doing poetry to each other, it fitted the situation.

I hope you're somehow joking that calling someone a 'fucking faggot' is better than him implying they had some friendly, homosexual relations before the show.
Lmao@ how you're making a dumb approach sound professional with that spin. I commend you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
While I do think the battle was pretty cringey to watch, I do think there is just a slight overreaction from you and some others here. I guess to play devil's advocate you could say "well HFK saying he got a blow job from Charron is meant as an insult to Charron". From there you could go into "well, HFK would be gay too since he received the blow job" but I think HFK didn't really put that deep of thought into it.

I'll be honest the line isn't funny, with one exception, and this is a weird one, but this was some sort of trollish/Tom Green type of angle where they are discussing highly inappropriate stuff on the local news. Not saying it's good, but did you really expect HFK to churn out some sort of Aye Verb 3rd round vs Hitman stuff on the local news instead?
Honestly it's just an opportunity gone to waste imo. He could've been twice as offensive with something along the same lines albeit original and actually in a rhyme form. Whatever. Whether they're banned or not is a none issue to me in every other aspect and the ensuing drama is something I couldn't care less for.
Serge T is offline  
Old 02-16-2016, 06:51 PM   #190
Casual
Registered User
 
Casual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10,649
Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge T View Post
Lmao@ how you're making a dumb approach sound professional with that spin. I commend you.
i assure you nick vayne was serious.

dudes got a lip ring.
Casual is online now  
Old 02-16-2016, 06:52 PM   #191
TheFakeDetour
Battle Rapper
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
TheFakeDetour is not the worst person
So seanzo was sarcastic at first cuz he liked the battle then organik got mad at him for it so he sent sincere tweets about how funny it was while working on a 20 page essay about how much it sucked? id let organik lock me in the skeleton realm before I ever apologized that queer lmao #DETOUR
TheFakeDetour is offline  
Old 02-16-2016, 06:53 PM   #192
Serge T
Magitek Mayhem
 
Serge T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,025
Mentioned: 314 Post(s)
Serge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
i assure you nick vayne was serious.

dudes got a lip ring.
Anyone that says "friendly, homosexual relations" has either got to have an incredible sense of humor or some really good drugs.
Serge T is offline  
Old 02-16-2016, 06:54 PM   #193
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser
 
cripplesunday1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Tea n Crumpets
Posts: 2,460
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganikHipHop View Post


Now reply to this with a fucking novel since thats what you do best
Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiikessssss



Didn't realize it was only 12 hours notice. Still HFK......maaaaan.
__________________
It's all subjective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is offline  
Old 02-16-2016, 07:00 PM   #194
brodeezy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9,437
Mentioned: 630 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganikHipHop View Post
Ill break this down


Were currently on our media run for BO6, Meaning, were doing shows like this EVERYDAY, MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY. (We've done E Talk, Todd Shapiro Show, VIBE, 105.5, CBC, Breakfest telivision, CP24, CTVCanada AM, all in the last 6 days) **Keep in mind, all while prepping for BO6**

Now, most of these spring up with a day or two notice, in which our team struggles to try and find ppl who are available to do this.

When CTV send over the itinerary, the only stipulation on it was NO SWEARING. Now, Charron and HFK have been on multiple TV shows battle rapping where you cant swear but, do obviously cross a invisible offensive line.

CTV watched them rehearse for 15 mins and never said a word. They had them mic'd up and doing practice runs and never said a single fucking word to them. Once it hit live air, and received backlash, they ran to defend themselves and pointed the finger.

Now, i made a post on HFK's page asking ppl to tweet them nice things in hopes to try and save face for everyone a little bit since there main issue wasnt the content, but moreso the backlash they were receiving on twitter. Seanzo, being the great supporter of KOTD that he is (AS STATED IN OP) took the liberty to do exactly the opposite of what i asked and sent them disrespectful cryptic tweets to try and sabtoge our name. I sent him a very adult like, professional message as seen above.. and this is what he does... LOL

Now, yes, i do take responsibility for how things were handled yesterday and i have taken the liberty and the steps to ensure to i do share responsibility with the rappers and CTV. Ive sent a formal apology aswell as a gift set to them. So for you to come on here and speak on shit you know nothing of other then what i sent you is fucking hilarious.

Sorry, but in real life we address our issues head on. I didnt run to a forum to complain about seanzo, or blast him or RMBVA on my facebook since if im sharing responsability with the rappers, RMBVA is sharing responibility on how sean handles their twitter. I coud have easily done that, so continue on about the respect between us two cause as of right now, not a bad word about RMBVA has been posted from me while youve made seevral tweets and several forum threads about KOTD... but continue on with your delisional one way road level of respect for eachother
holy fuck @ "sabotage our name"

so dramatic lmao dude was making a joke at the expense of the shitty situation u put ur company in. i think ur emotional cuz u fucked up and are looking for someone to blame like u always seem to do. if u didnt notice, reaction across the board was similar to seanzos from a community that rides with kotd more than any other league. he isnt the only one that thinks this was a shitty decision. u think about how many opportunities this might fuck up for real battlers in canada trying to get interviews and shit on tv? all so u could market blackout to a bunch of 70 year old women?

if u only had 12 hours notice, why did u have to have people battle in the first place? why was it so necessary that HFK and charron had to do it? fuck, why didnt you do it? HFK doesnt even battle anymore


quoting this at you

Quote:
if ur gonna be on a fuckin old person news channel rapping and wanna stir up controversy in a demographic that doesnt and will likely never support your artform and/or brand, at least try and prove some political point thats gonna russle jimmies and get people talking about actual issues. dont write jokes about sucking dicks. terrible look for an artform that has a hard enough time being taken seriously

art is meant to stimulate thought before all else. that can be used to stimulate discussion. when you want to stir up controversy by way of art, it has to be thoughtful.

this is just fuckin stupid. "HAHA WE MADE DICK JOKES WE'RE SAVAGES MAN RESPECT THE CULTURE THIS IS OUR ART FORM FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!!" this is the type of shit that holdsthe culture back

fuck your shitty idea @OrganikHipHop and fuck your misuse of this platform @Charron @hfk
__________________
and my closing statement is:

stop bitchin up when someone criticizes you, dude.
__________________
battle rap sucks tbh

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here

Last edited by brodeezy; 02-16-2016 at 07:07 PM.
brodeezy is online now  
Old 02-16-2016, 07:04 PM   #195
talal12345
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Lahore
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
talal12345 is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge T View Post
Anyone that says "friendly, homosexual relations" has either got to have an incredible sense of humor or some really good drugs.
Cut him some slack. He learned English watching battle rap.
talal12345 is offline  
Old 02-16-2016, 07:04 PM   #196
6000GP
tupac back
 
6000GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Northern California
Posts: 9,028
Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
you hate kotd like gwb hates black bro.




(i was just kidding man).
I've spent more money with kotd than any other platform, ever. I'm talking hundreds of dollars. I think I'm entitled to give my opinion on a product that I pay for, even if it's not always celebratory. I don't hate kotd just because I'm not blind to the funnystyle shit they do.
6000GP is offline  
Old 02-16-2016, 07:05 PM   #197
Anti
Mr. Articulate
 
Anti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,370
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Anti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
if u only had 12 hours notice, why did u have to have people battle in the first place? why was it so necessary that HFK and charron had to do it? fuck, why didnt you do it? HFK doesnt even battle anymore
This is the point I'm most interested in seeing spoken on. This was a bad look for all and sundry. Hindsight is 20/20 and all that (I'm being nice), but no battle at all would have been far better.
__________________
#415
Anti is offline  
Old 02-16-2016, 07:07 PM   #198
6000GP
tupac back
 
6000GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Northern California
Posts: 9,028
Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
I think he's making an example out of you because you have questioned questionable behavior. Don't think he's really thinks that.
And that's exactly whats I've done. Questioned questionable behavior. And again, if I'm paying them my money, then I'm entitled to do so.
6000GP is offline  
Old 02-16-2016, 07:08 PM   #199
Casual
Registered User
 
Casual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10,649
Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
I've spent more money with kotd than any other platform, ever. I'm talking hundreds of dollars. I think I'm entitled to give my opinion on a product that I pay for, even if it's not always celebratory. I don't hate kotd just because I'm not blind to the funnystyle shit they do.
same.

i save all my allowance for the next big kotd event.

Even got an unopened arcane cd sitting in my drawer that I bought just to support the culture.

Last edited by Casual; 02-16-2016 at 07:10 PM.
Casual is online now  
Old 02-16-2016, 07:09 PM   #200
Serge T
Magitek Mayhem
 
Serge T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,025
Mentioned: 314 Post(s)
Serge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by talal12345 View Post
Cut him some slack. He learned English watching battle rap.
Hey I'm not one to judge Nick if he chooses to engage in friendly relations of homosexual nature. I just didn't think that he'd really get into that kind of angle in a battle that way. It's like when the hood hears a gun bar. They imagine holding the gun etc and go "DAAAAAMN WORD". Nicks thing is dick.

edit: I can't emphasize enough how there is nothing wrong with that btw.
Serge T is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
6000gp ignores wife on valentine's day, 6000gp wears bedazzled jeans, 8216, 8217, 8230, detour, heelseanzo, heelseanzo in da house, profess loves the cock, riffic is on an ultra light beam, riffic is the tallest, riffic's got sweet shoes


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
Forum Stats
Members: 5,555
Threads: 27,239
Posts: 734,741
Total Online: 2539

Newest Member: muddyswamp

Latest Threads
- by Profess
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by Profess
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:36 PM.