Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Crucifixes and battler beliefs (plus Dallas vs. Empire!!!)


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2015, 04:59 AM   #121
Njeshizzle
Registered User
 
Njeshizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Njeshizzle is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by y100dude View Post
I was trying to say that if scientists and critical thinkers of that time period were alive today, they might have a different opinion on the matter. You replied that 'what is truth tuesday is truth wednesday' but I am failing to see how someone's belief turned to truth? Einstein did NOT believe in a god, so therefore that 'truth' stayed the same on wednesday. But you can insert someone who didn't believe and say the same thing. Someones personal belief on the matter does not = truth and that's what you were implying by stating that a fact is a fact.
Yeah and I stated that science does not hinder nor assist the matter as it's not within its scope or domain to do so, therefore, it's irrelevant to the question. God is a metaphysical concept and not a physical one. So when fuck boy astronomers go in outer space and utter vapid statements like where is God theyre simply making a categorical mistake, a very basic one at that.
Njeshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:02 AM   #122
y100dude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 506
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
y100dude is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njeshizzle View Post
Yeah and I stated that science does not hinder nor assist the matter as it's not within its scope or domain to do so, therefore, it's irrelevant to the question. God is a metaphysical concept and not a physical one. So when fuck boy astronomers go in outer space and utter vapid statements like where is God theyre simply making a categorical mistake, a very basic one at that.
Yeah, those damn fuck boy astronomers! fuck them man. fucking magnets, how do they work?
y100dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:09 AM   #123
Njeshizzle
Registered User
 
Njeshizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Njeshizzle is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by y100dude View Post
Yeah, those damn fuck boy astronomers! fuck them man. fucking magnets, how do they work?
Lol listen man science is great it's done a great job of extending the invietable through its medical discoveries and such, but the end of the day it's just another distraction from that pitiless void that faces each being. You fuck boys have treated science as some sort of a savior a lower case god with scientist being the new priests of this era and that's misguided.
Njeshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:12 AM   #124
y100dude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 506
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
y100dude is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njeshizzle View Post
Lol listen man science is great it's done a great job of extending the invietable through its medical discoveries and such, but the end of the day it's just another distraction from that pitiless void that faces each being. You fuck boys have treated science as some sort of a savior a lower case god with scientist being the new priests of this era and that's misguided.
What the fuck does this even mean. You're weird hatred of science is more than enough to tell me I'm not dealing with a stable person. You've so far referred to scientists, astronomers, and the scientific community as 'fuck boys' 3 times. Science is a distraction from a pitiless void that faces each being? What the fuck are you on man that sounds like a bad trip. I'll stick with science you stick with your savior that has absolutely no basis in reality.

Last edited by y100dude; 08-20-2015 at 05:27 AM.
y100dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:16 AM   #125
Njeshizzle
Registered User
 
Njeshizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Njeshizzle is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by y100dude View Post
What the fuck does this even mean. You're weird hatred of science is more than enough to tell me I'm not dealing with a stable person. You've so far referred to scientists, astronomers, and the scientific community as 'fuck boys' 3 times. Science is a distraction from a pitiless void that faces each being? What the fuck are you on man that sounds like a bad trip. I'll stick with science you stick with your savior that has absolutely no basis in reality. Have fun.
I don't have a hatred of science, I do, however, despise modern scientist who lack a proper understanding of philosophy (ie, fuckboys) and ur a very dismissive human being and incredibly defensive.
Njeshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:21 AM   #126
y100dude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 506
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
y100dude is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njeshizzle View Post
I don't have a hatred of science, I do, however, despise modern scientist who lack a proper understanding of philosophy (ie, fuckboys) and ur a very dismissive human being and incredibly defensive.
Ok I just need to set the record straight - if anyone's a 'fuck boy' its priests, not modern scientists. I'm dismissive of people who dismiss credible science in favor of something that is unknowable, basically a never ending argument. Have fun on your carousel.
y100dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:26 AM   #127
StabYourself
Seasoned Fan
 
StabYourself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: 831
Posts: 3,798
Mentioned: 337 Post(s)
StabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Wow look at this thread lol
StabYourself is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:26 AM   #128
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,969
Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
mapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge T View Post
Ok fine, but Newton did. As did Copernicus and Galileo. They were kinda smart too I think. Apparently that depends on whom you ask though.
in an age where you would be killed for being a non believer we would never really know who believed and who didn't tbh

Copernicus wouldn't even publish a lot of his work while he was alive in fear of what would happen to him
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf View Post
I hope the event gets shut down so they have to do Diz vs Cass in a parking lot or some shit
mapleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:27 AM   #129
AdarOne
shoots fair ones
 
AdarOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: South Bay CA
Posts: 3,831
Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
AdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabYourself View Post
Wow look at this thread lol
its fucking great, so much goin on in here, I'm basically only chiming in to be a part of it
AdarOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:28 AM   #130
Njeshizzle
Registered User
 
Njeshizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Njeshizzle is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by y100dude View Post
Ok I just need to set the record straight - if anyone's a 'fuck boy' its priests, not modern scientists. I'm dismissive of people who dismiss credible science in favor of something that is unknowable, basically a never ending argument. Have fun on your carousel.
I'm not dismissing science, that much is obvious, I do dismiss any metaphysical system that's derived by science such as materialism or naturalism. But, again, you're clearly an emotional person incapable of doing basic abstractions or research instead of spewing nonsense about priests and religions when I certain you haven't the faintest idea about either.
Njeshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:30 AM   #131
y100dude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 506
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
y100dude is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njeshizzle View Post
I'm not dismissing science, that much is obvious, I do dismiss any metaphysical system that's derived by science such as materialism or naturalism. But, again, you're clearly an emotional person incapable of doing basic abstractions or research instead of spewing nonsense about priests and religions when I certain you haven't the faintest idea about either.
Shut up fuck boy
y100dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:32 AM   #132
Njeshizzle
Registered User
 
Njeshizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Njeshizzle is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by y100dude View Post
Shut up fuck boy
In the words of the great freestyle battler Eli Porter, I got one question tell me who next.
Njeshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:34 AM   #133
Willy Pilgrim
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,794
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Willy Pilgrim is better than Grind Time AustraliaWilly Pilgrim is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf View Post
in an age where you would be killed for being a non believer we would never really know who believed and who didn't tbh

Copernicus wouldn't even publish a lot of his work while he was alive in fear of what would happen to him
Facts
Willy Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:41 AM   #134
y100dude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 506
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
y100dude is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njeshizzle View Post
In the words of the great freestyle battler Eli Porter, I got one question tell me who next.
Are you deluding yourself into thinking you somehow 'won' something here? Don't mistake someone's unwillingness to bang their head against a wall continuously for you somehow coming out on top in an argument. When you used the word 'fuck boy' to describe modern scientists and the scientific community a handful of times, I just had to point out that it is in fact priests and philosophers who have a much more extensive history of actually fucking boys.
y100dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:43 AM   #135
AdarOne
shoots fair ones
 
AdarOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: South Bay CA
Posts: 3,831
Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
AdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by y100dude View Post
Are you deluding yourself into thinking you somehow 'won' something here? Don't mistake someone's unwillingness to bang their head against a wall continuously for you somehow coming out on top in an argument. When you used the word 'fuck boy' to describe modern scientists and the scientific community a handful of times, I just had to point out that it is in fact priests and philosophers who have a much more extensive history of actually fucking boys.
nah bro you took that L...just bow out gracefully homie
AdarOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:44 AM   #136
y100dude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 506
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
y100dude is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdarOne View Post
nah bro you took that L...just bow out gracefully homie
So you agree with him about despising modern science and astronomers and they are all fuck boys?
y100dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:44 AM   #137
Njeshizzle
Registered User
 
Njeshizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Njeshizzle is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Pilgrim View Post
Facts
There's some truth to this, certainly, but again it's not black and white, the medieval era just like any era is highly complex and intrinsic. Copernicus was not going against church teaching, per se, as the view that the Earth Centered View of the universe as opposed to the heliocentric view was not Church teaching, it was simply something that the church had believed to be true because it was held by Aristotle and it coincided with what they knew at the time. I mean that view preceded Christians.
Njeshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:44 AM   #138
AdarOne
shoots fair ones
 
AdarOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: South Bay CA
Posts: 3,831
Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
AdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICE
AdarOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:44 AM   #139
Willy Pilgrim
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,794
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Willy Pilgrim is better than Grind Time AustraliaWilly Pilgrim is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by y100dude View Post
Are you deluding yourself into thinking you somehow 'won' something here? Don't mistake someone's unwillingness to bang their head against a wall continuously for you somehow coming out on top in an argument. When you used the word 'fuck boy' to describe modern scientists and the scientific community a handful of times, I just had to point out that it is in fact priests and philosophers who have a much more extensive history of actually fucking boys.


I've never seen a Gjonja battle before. I always just thought his name looked like a typo. I'll have to check one now.
Willy Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:46 AM   #140
Njeshizzle
Registered User
 
Njeshizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Njeshizzle is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Pilgrim View Post
Facts
Quote:
Originally Posted by y100dude View Post
Are you deluding yourself into thinking you somehow 'won' something here? Don't mistake someone's unwillingness to bang their head against a wall continuously for you somehow coming out on top in an argument. When you used the word 'fuck boy' to describe modern scientists and the scientific community a handful of times, I just had to point out that it is in fact priests and philosophers who have a much more extensive history of actually fucking boys.
Lol fuck boy was meant in a sort of tounge and cheek way, it was meant to be subversive as you clearly worship these man and hold them in absurdly high esteem, it's meant to show them human and limited in their knowledge. They're clearly defunct when it comes to philosophy that's for certain.
Njeshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:48 AM   #141
AdarOne
shoots fair ones
 
AdarOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: South Bay CA
Posts: 3,831
Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
AdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by y100dude View Post
So you agree with him about despising modern science and astronomers and they are all fuck boys?
nah im not saying that. the first argument you guys got in you lost though, the one were you got emotional and blocked him, this second argument you are trying to make is just in order to throw shade over your original L...which you took
AdarOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:49 AM   #142
AdarOne
shoots fair ones
 
AdarOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: South Bay CA
Posts: 3,831
Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
AdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Pilgrim View Post


I've never seen a Gjonja battle before. I always just thought his name looked like a typo. I'll have to check one now.
i was thinking the same shit
AdarOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:50 AM   #143
y100dude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 506
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
y100dude is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njeshizzle View Post
Lol fuck boy was meant in a sort of tounge and cheek way, it was meant to be subversive as you clearly worship these man and hold them in absurdly high esteem, it's meant to show them human and limited in their knowledge. They're clearly defunct when it comes to philosophy that's for certain.
Yes, I hold some of the brightest minds of our time in high esteem. They may be human and limited in their knowledge, but we all are.
y100dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:55 AM   #144
AdarOne
shoots fair ones
 
AdarOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: South Bay CA
Posts: 3,831
Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
AdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njeshizzle View Post
Lol fuck boy was meant in a sort of tounge and cheek way, it was meant to be subversive as you clearly worship these man and hold them in absurdly high esteem, it's meant to show them human and limited in their knowledge. They're clearly defunct when it comes to philosophy that's for certain.
other than this david bentley fellow who are you fucking with?
AdarOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:56 AM   #145
y100dude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 506
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
y100dude is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdarOne View Post
nah im not saying that. the first argument you guys got in you lost though, the one were you got emotional and blocked him, this second argument you are trying to make is just in order to throw shade over your original L...which you took
So emotions now determine 'wins and losses' and not facts or evidence? Yeah I got frustrated because he said some fucking ridiculous things. Did you read his post about science just being a distraction from our pitiless lives or some weird shit? And how astronomers are fuck boys? I'd rather have logical thinking on my side and get emotional than have some of the thought processes this dude has.
y100dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:58 AM   #146
Njeshizzle
Registered User
 
Njeshizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Njeshizzle is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by y100dude View Post
Yes, I hold some of the brightest minds of our time in high esteem. They may be human and limited in their knowledge, but we all are.
def, the issue is that you have people extend their expertise outside of their field, so you have people quoting Einstein on religion and other topics to offer their claims credibility. Einstein was not a philosopher nor a theologian so I don't particularly care what his view is on either. It seems, and, perhaps, I may be caricaturing your view here, that you seem to think that scientist need to be consulted on matters of religion and other such subjects just in virtue of them being scientists. If that's the case, you clearly do not know what science is or what scientist are, and, unfortunately, there's a lot of scientist who don't either so you'd be in good company.
Njeshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:03 AM   #147
riffic
RYD ;
 
riffic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: apartment c above the gogo spot
Posts: 10,875
Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
you guys are glossing over the fact that scientists are fucking nerds with no bars
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:05 AM   #148
Willy Pilgrim
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,794
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Willy Pilgrim is better than Grind Time AustraliaWilly Pilgrim is better than Grind Time Australia
K Im watching Gjonja vs Born. He's aight. I don't know if he has better delivery and aggression than Diz like people are saying. He's a better writer. What happened to the Diz that was writing EAIOU bars to Locksmith?
Willy Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:07 AM   #149
Throwback Mike
I'M NOT PAT STAY
 
Throwback Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,040
Mentioned: 806 Post(s)
Throwback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Religious people don't literally believe in the God of the Bible or Q'uran, as a general rule. What they believe in is the sense of community and belonging that comes from being part of a religion. It has little to nothing to do with intelligence. In fact, the most intelligent people are often the most capable of self-deception--which is a large component of religious belief.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
this is like the KKK doing a track with 2PAC's Mom.
Throwback Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:07 AM   #150
Njeshizzle
Registered User
 
Njeshizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Njeshizzle is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdarOne View Post
other than this david bentley fellow who are you fucking with?
(Literary) G.K Chesteron, Walker Percy, T.S. Elliot, Flannery O'Connor, Evelyn Waugh, Hilaire Belloc, Gerard Manley Hopkins, et al.,

(Philosophy) Charles Taylor, Aquinas, Augustine, Kierkegaard, Jacques Maritain, G.E.M Anscombe, Wittgenstein ..fuck there's too many you get the drift, ironic all these people existed in the 19-20th century and are some of the brightest thinkers to ever exist and also Christians but fuckboys would have you believe that that's a contradictions ...lol go read Dawkins you philistine fucks and Hitchens, whose brother Peter Hitchens, also a brilliant journalist is actually a committed Christian
Njeshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:08 AM   #151
AdarOne
shoots fair ones
 
AdarOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: South Bay CA
Posts: 3,831
Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
AdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by y100dude View Post
So emotions now determine 'wins and losses' and not facts or evidence? Yeah I got frustrated because he said some fucking ridiculous things. Did you read his post about science just being a distraction from our pitiless lives or some weird shit? And how astronomers are fuck boys? I'd rather have logical thinking on my side and get emotional than have some of the thought processes this dude has.
the thing about emotions is they are so contrary to logic though...im not saying everything the dude is saying is 100 , but at least he's thought out enough to have an actual argument.

you were on to something when you stated belief's equaling facts.

my personal beliefs here are, yes i believe in God, and no i can't prove it. all i know is when i believe, and take the actions that respond in accordance to what i believe...my life goes better, and generally the lives of the people around me do also. so while science is great it doesn't do much for me when i get emotional and act contrary to my own logic.


i would also like to point out that I'm not religious, but I'm not against it because a lot of religious people have good points...i dont agree with everything, just like i dont agree with everything say Richard Dawkins or Sam Harris talk about. Although they make good points also when they aren't completely wrapped up in trying to disprove God.
AdarOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:09 AM   #152
Willy Pilgrim
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,794
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Willy Pilgrim is better than Grind Time AustraliaWilly Pilgrim is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwback Mike View Post
Religious people don't literally believe in the God of the Bible or Q'uran, as a general rule. What they believe in is the sense of community and belonging that comes from being part of a religion. It has little to nothing to do with intelligence. In fact, the most intelligent people are often the most capable of self-deception--which is a large component of religious belief.
Willy Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:09 AM   #153
grandgroove
Registered User
 
grandgroove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,071
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
grandgroove is better than Grind Time Australiagrandgroove is better than Grind Time Australia
Beliefs are intensely personal and understood only by the person. It may be bliss, or it may be contradictory chaos. I only care about the personality. That other stuff is private and not worth a thought unless it's being beaten over your head. (figuratively or literally)



"Your dad's been dead for years." -Zain Asrai
grandgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:10 AM   #154
AdarOne
shoots fair ones
 
AdarOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: South Bay CA
Posts: 3,831
Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
AdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
you guys are glossing over the fact that scientists are fucking nerds with no bars
AdarOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:12 AM   #155
Njeshizzle
Registered User
 
Njeshizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Njeshizzle is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwback Mike View Post
Religious people don't literally believe in the God of the Bible or Q'uran, as a general rule. What they believe in is the sense of community and belonging that comes from being part of a religion. It has little to nothing to do with intelligence. In fact, the most intelligent people are often the most capable of self-deception--which is a large component of religious belief.
Nah breh ur just regurgitating some played out 19th century secular bullshit, you can find community and belonging in a shared culture and shared language. Intelligence is a vacuous term, if they have reason for their belief than that's enough for grounding a belief.
Njeshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:14 AM   #156
Willy Pilgrim
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,794
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Willy Pilgrim is better than Grind Time AustraliaWilly Pilgrim is better than Grind Time Australia
Willy Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:15 AM   #157
AdarOne
shoots fair ones
 
AdarOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: South Bay CA
Posts: 3,831
Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
AdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICE
also @riffic give gjonga his red name
AdarOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:19 AM   #158
AdarOne
shoots fair ones
 
AdarOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: South Bay CA
Posts: 3,831
Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
AdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njeshizzle View Post
(Literary) G.K Chesteron, Walker Percy, T.S. Elliot, Flannery O'Connor, Evelyn Waugh, Hilaire Belloc, Gerard Manley Hopkins, et al.,

(Philosophy) Charles Taylor, Aquinas, Augustine, Kierkegaard, Jacques Maritain, G.E.M Anscombe, Wittgenstein ..fuck there's too many you get the drift, ironic all these people existed in the 19-20th century and are some of the brightest thinkers to ever exist and also Christians but fuckboys would have you believe that that's a contradictions ...lol go read Dawkins you philistine fucks and Hitchens, whose brother Peter Hitchens, also a brilliant journalist is actually a committed Christian
aquinas is good shit...richard rohr or nah?
AdarOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:23 AM   #159
y100dude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 506
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
y100dude is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdarOne View Post
the thing about emotions is they are so contrary to logic though...im not saying everything the dude is saying is 100 , but at least he's thought out enough to have an actual argument.

you were on to something when you stated belief's equaling facts.

my personal beliefs here are, yes i believe in God, and no i can't prove it. all i know is when i believe, and take the actions that respond in accordance to what i believe...my life goes better, and generally the lives of the people around me do also. so while science is great it doesn't do much for me when i get emotional and act contrary to my own logic.


i would also like to point out that I'm not religious, but I'm not against it because a lot of religious people have good points...i dont agree with everything, just like i dont agree with everything say Richard Dawkins or Sam Harris talk about. Although they make good points also when they aren't completely wrapped up in trying to disprove God.
So wait, you still think he presented a better argument ? Or was it just that it appeared better because he maintained composure? Because if you go back and read what he said, where he talks about facts being facts no matter the passage of time, then he dismisses science but says the personal beliefs of a few people he cherry picks are facts... that logic does not hold up. He also went out of his way to try and discredit modern scientists and to say he despises them and calling them fuckboys. So I'm still not sure if you agree with what he had to say overall more than what I did, or if it was just the composure more so that sold you? I didn't think I said anything too out of line like comparing scientists to being 'the new priests' which in itself is putting priests on a pedestal I'm not sure they are deserving of given what I thought the criteria we were aiming for. And being dismissive of the scientific community when their basic agenda is to find truths and test them rigorously, while a religious community's normal agenda is to perpetuate a 'truth' that has been set in stone for hundreds of years and will continue to be set in stone.
y100dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:23 AM   #160
Njeshizzle
Registered User
 
Njeshizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Njeshizzle is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdarOne View Post
aquinas is good shit...richard rohr or nah?
Never heard of him, Thomas Merton is cool too.
Njeshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bars, bright flower, caesar salad, checkmate, illuminati, racism white supremacy, saltine support group, saltinemindz


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
Forum Stats
Members: 5,554
Threads: 27,185
Posts: 733,733
Total Online: 2813

Newest Member: atysilezy

Latest Threads
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by Emancee
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:18 PM.