Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Spin: KOTD Will Become #1 Because They're A Hipster Battle League

Old 11-18-2015, 04:41 AM   #1
Vanilla
Original RMBVA Dondatta

Mentioned: 729 Post(s)
Vanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Spin: KOTD Will Become #1 Because They're A Hipster Battle League

Brownz you're a stone cold pimp, but I had to

KOTD as an organization is chic

And that is appealing to a very powerful group of people...this yuppie/hipster hybrid that has taken over has dominated whatever they've come across/whatever they want

Christ...look at Oakland and Harlem ffs ..they take over cities and do what they want

The founder of KOTD is a hipster so surprise surprise...deliver the product to the largest audience that wants it...as the hipster fad continues to expand (as it has steadily), as too will KOTD...it's an upward trajectory

By this time next year KOTD will officially be the main platform ...URLs audience will decline due to thin content and conversion of audience to hipster...the numbers don't lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganikHipHop View Post
after all of this.. yall will still call us hill billys downplay our role and our history... but it aint gonna change shit
Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 04:48 AM   #2
gregrieke20
Media

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
gregrieke20 is not the worst person
Are we supposed to "answer" this? It seems like a statement. Will "Alright./thread" be sufficient then?
Old 11-18-2015, 04:57 AM   #3
Vanilla
Original RMBVA Dondatta

Vanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVanilla is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregrieke20 View Post
Are we supposed to "answer" this? It seems like a statement. Will "Alright./thread" be sufficient then?
Agree or disagree is typically a good way to start a discussion...you'd think this was your first time on a forum dude

Quote:
after all of this.. yall will still call us hill billys downplay our role and our history... but it aint gonna change shit
Old 11-18-2015, 05:00 AM   #4
Vanilla
Original RMBVA Dondatta

@gregrieke20 by the way fuck you for being a snob

Quote:
Old 11-18-2015, 05:10 AM   #5
gregrieke20
Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Agree or disagree is typically a good way to start a discussion...you'd think this was your first time on a forum dude
There may be some truth to what you're saying but i think you may be exaggerating a bit lol.
Old 11-18-2015, 05:10 AM   #6
gregrieke20
Media

Quote:
@gregrieke20 by the way fuck you for being a snob
lmfao fair enough
Old 11-18-2015, 05:14 AM   #7
Toronto
rip bambam

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Toronto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaToronto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaToronto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
i prefer the URL style of rapping. 4 of my top 5 are "URL" rappers but honestly ive been less interested in their battles the past year, ill still watch everyone of their battles (except random fuckers like krucial ken vs skates *lol*) but something is missing from URL battles nowadays and i just dont know what it is.

maybe its because most of their top tier battles are in front of 1000+ people and that usually kills it for me. the more people in the audience the less i enjoy the battle tbh and im def not looking forward to them having an event in MSG. not to mention URL has one of the worst crowds in battle rap period.

but i dont see KOTD taking over the numbers anytime soon cuz Bender vs Soul from 3 weeks ago is at around 53k while Ave vs Nunn Nunn from 3 weeks ago is at 116k
Old 11-18-2015, 05:25 AM   #8
Mark Doubt

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Mark Doubt is not the worst person
to say organik is hipster is flat out wrong. for pete sakes when he was starting kotd and still battling he wore like 4x Tees and baggy ass esco jeans.
Mark Doubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 05:26 AM   #9
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
what??? if anything this is what KOTD is NOT...lol

KOTD is a dope league that brings together all types of rappers which is really cool...but having Bishop Brigante as the resident Swag Man? The name? All of the fans being wiggers? Truthfully, I wouldnt be caught dead in a KOTD t-shirt... a SMACK/URL t-shirt I would wear if paid... maybe.

not taking anything away from KOTD - i respect what theyve done and the free entertainment that theyve provided... but i keep that shit under my (fitted KOTD) hat

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 08:24 AM   #10
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
I don't really get calling Organik a hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 08:49 AM   #11
Prelec
kevin

Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Prelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICE
because he looks like a hobo ^
Prelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 02:16 PM   #12
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1466 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
I don't really get calling Organik a hipster
Hahaha I have no idea what battle fans think that means anymore
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 02:34 PM   #13
corny

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
corny is a PY Poster
kotd is crafting into a brand that taps into almost any label u want to call someone

to me for that alone kotd has a chance of being number 1 eventually.
Old 11-18-2015, 02:35 PM   #14
grandgroove

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
grandgroove is better than Grind Time Australiagrandgroove is better than Grind Time Australia
I could see the old, aughts version hipster applying somewhat to the Hollywoodized, culture vulture sect of Fresh Coast.

But KOTD as a hipster fad?!? That's a weird stretch at a minimum.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk
grandgroove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 02:41 PM   #15
ukallday
We FUCK THAT

Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
ukallday is better than Grind Time Australiaukallday is better than Grind Time Australia
classic thread after classic thread!
ukallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 03:03 PM   #16
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
hipster audience > j roc impersonators
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 03:03 PM   #17
riffic
RYD ;

riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
Jay Rock > hipster audience > j roc impersonators
finished the equation
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Old 11-18-2015, 03:07 PM   #18
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Shoutout to Rupert Common
wwjjddd? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 04:23 PM   #19
Vanilla
Original RMBVA Dondatta

Wait....it's not commonly known that KOTD and staff are hipster? Well obviously from a hipster perspective they would never admit they're a "hipster"..it's all about embracing irony.

I guess I could break it down into 3 columns:

1. You are the company you keep: PoRich, Kid Twist, Jack Shitt, Bender, etc.. these guys were the face of the company and also his friends. That was the core. Hipster to the bone. Not to mention, you remember that pathetic pile of poo they called "Yaz"..he's in a hipster band

"Yeah, after review I'd definitely say Kid Twist got that"

2. Organik's style of clothing for the longest time was mirroring the "real hip hop" crowd of the early 2000's. He rocked this style of clothing until 7 months ago. He's not stupid. It's not because he's "Canadian" - they have internet up there and can see trends. He did it to be ironic. You're out of your mind if you think he dressed like that off cam.

3. The way the KOTD brand is represented: You look at the match ups he's made. Hipster vs Street battler. Hipster vs. Street battler. Rinse and repeat. This is a common pleasure of hipsters, just look at the facts.

How many views does "Thug gets brutal beat down by quiet nerd" type videos on YouTube get? A lot. Because it's empowering and a lot of people, especially hipsters, are "under dogs". So apply that to battling. People cheer for the nerd taking down the thug bully ie. URL battlers. Hence why Soul Kahn was so popular even though he's never been good. It's novelty.

There's more obviously but ill start with that...then we'll continue discussion if you disagree from there

Quote:
Old 11-18-2015, 04:25 PM   #20
grandgroove

grandgroove is better than Grind Time Australiagrandgroove is better than Grind Time Australia
My head has exploded. Seeking help to put it back together

Old 11-18-2015, 04:31 PM   #21
Vanilla
Original RMBVA Dondatta

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregrieke20 View Post
lmfao fair enough
Lmao

Quote:
Old 11-18-2015, 04:32 PM   #22
Vanilla
Original RMBVA Dondatta

Quote:
Wait....it's not commonly known that KOTD and staff are hipster? Well obviously from a hipster perspective they would never admit they're a "hipster"..it's all about embracing irony.

I guess I could break it down into 3 columns:

1. You are the company you keep: PoRich, Kid Twist, Jack Shitt, Bender, etc.. these guys were the face of the company and also his friends. That was the core. Hipster to the bone. Not to mention, you remember that pathetic pile of poo they called "Yaz"..he's in a hipster band

"Yeah, after review I'd definitely say Kid Twist got that"

2. Organik's style of clothing for the longest time was mirroring the "real hip hop" crowd of the early 2000's. He rocked this style of clothing until 7 months ago. He's not stupid. It's not because he's "Canadian" - they have internet up there and can see trends. He did it to be ironic. You're out of your mind if you think he dressed like that off cam.

3. The way the KOTD brand is represented: You look at the match ups he's made. Hipster vs Street battler. Hipster vs. Street battler. Rinse and repeat. This is a common pleasure of hipsters, just look at the facts.

How many views does "Thug gets brutal beat down by quiet nerd" type videos on YouTube get? A lot. Because it's empowering and a lot of people, especially hipsters, are "under dogs". So apply that to battling. People cheer for the nerd taking down the thug bully ie. URL battlers. Hence why Soul Kahn was so popular even though he's never been good. It's novelty.

There's more obviously but ill start with that...then we'll continue discussion if you disagree from there
Bumped for realness (and visibility )

Quote:
Old 11-18-2015, 04:49 PM   #23
Toronto
rip bambam

Toronto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaToronto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaToronto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
im the flyest non-famous canadian

nawm saying?

Old 11-18-2015, 06:57 PM   #24
Vanilla
Original RMBVA Dondatta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
im the flyest non-famous canadian

nawm saying?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN8VOsJCJLk
That's gilly tk lmao to a fuckin T

Quote:
Old 11-18-2015, 06:58 PM   #25
Vanilla
Original RMBVA Dondatta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
i prefer the URL style of rapping. 4 of my top 5 are "URL" rappers but honestly ive been less interested in their battles the past year, ill still watch everyone of their battles (except random fuckers like krucial ken vs skates *lol*) but something is missing from URL battles nowadays and i just dont know what it is.

maybe its because most of their top tier battles are in front of 1000+ people and that usually kills it for me. the more people in the audience the less i enjoy the battle tbh and im def not looking forward to them having an event in MSG. not to mention URL has one of the worst crowds in battle rap period.

but i dont see KOTD taking over the numbers anytime soon cuz Bender vs Soul from 3 weeks ago is at around 53k while Ave vs Nunn Nunn from 3 weeks ago is at 116k
Not even a year from now? I believe in KOTD slowly (but surely) gentrifying the market and being able to bring Smack's audience over

Quote:
Old 11-18-2015, 07:06 PM   #26
grandgroove

I originally read this thread title as an article from Spin Magazine. Then I remembered that magazines don't exist anymore

Old 11-18-2015, 07:13 PM   #27
Toronto
rip bambam

Quote:
That's gilly tk lmao to a fuckin T
nahh famm dont insult J to the R.O.C like dat

he aint nothing like gully da squid
Old 11-18-2015, 07:16 PM   #28
west coast style

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
west coast style is not the worst person
organik is a hipster? lol
west coast style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 08:10 PM   #29
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
If you think KOTD is "hipster" you definitely don't live in a city.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 08:26 PM   #30
soul khan
VIP

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
soul khan is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
If you think KOTD is "hipster" you definitely don't live in a city.
Really. I think people assume that if someone wears plastic framed glasses or tighter fitting clothes, they're a hipster.
soul khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:44 PM   #31
EchosMyron

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
EchosMyron is not the worst person
All hipsters I know wouldn't be caught dead watching rap battles lmao.

No rap battle got Best New Music on pitchfork.
EchosMyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:49 PM   #32
SHOWTIME

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
SHOWTIME is better than Grind Time AustraliaSHOWTIME is better than Grind Time Australia
I agree. Dizaster, dirtbag, caustic... All have somewhat hipster images.

Nothing is hipster about nu nu nellz... And I believe KOTD will be the bigger marketable brand, but URL will get the numbers on YouTube.
SHOWTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:54 PM   #33
Anti
Mr. Articulate

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Anti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time Antarctica
NuNu >>>>>>>>>>>
Anti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:57 PM   #34
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME View Post
I agree. Dizaster, dirtbag, caustic... All have somewhat hipster images.
not in any way tho
Quote:
Old 11-18-2015, 09:59 PM   #35
Anti
Mr. Articulate

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Anti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Hipster is a synonym for "white" btw, that's all.
Anti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 10:19 PM   #36
3xthoroughb
Crakk Nicholson

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
3xthoroughb is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
jay rock > hipster audience > j roc impersonators
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
finished the equation
close riffic

and cant forget

http://crakknicholson.com/
3xthoroughb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 10:36 PM   #37
steveelite

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
steveelite has seen da-feet
Vanilla is the biggest crybaby loser on this forum. All you do is rage. If KOTD gets you that emotional on a daily basis you should avoid battle rap all together.
steveelite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 12:30 AM   #38
Chromium
Banned

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Chromium is not the worst person
Michael White exists. So does D'Meitz. Can we just leave the hipster thing? LOL
Chromium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 12:38 AM   #39
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 641 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
KOTD delivers. Why not say KOTD is for everyone? A lot of Rappers got big off of KOTD so the league is like an opportunity for great emcees.
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 12:57 AM   #40
Nick H.
on her mind, in her mouth

Mentioned: 471 Post(s)
Nick H. is better than Grind Time AustraliaNick H. is better than Grind Time Australia
Send a message via AIM to Nick H.
Yeah OP has no clue what the term hipster means lllllolllll

Tags
bars, blessed