Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
is it safe to say calicoe is top 3?

Old 06-27-2018, 02:24 AM   #1
shifty-c

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
shifty-c probably likes in here/hair word play
is it safe to say calicoe is top 3?

sure you can say he lost to lux even when lux choked but that angle lux took would have destroyed anyone on that night....plus it made cal come back that much harder....
just the way he be delivering his shit...
shifty-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 02:31 AM   #2
DonnieDarko1023

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
DonnieDarko1023 is not the worst person
Top 3 in his class yeah......Top 3 in Michigan yeah.......but Top 3 battlers no......Cal hit his peak against Math hasn’t been that good since
DonnieDarko1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 02:37 AM   #3
shifty-c

his build ups are ridiculous....like him vs surf and him vs roc
Old 06-27-2018, 03:24 AM   #4
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
he was at one point
JC
All Day is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 04:56 AM   #5
sleeping dogs

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
he's lazy but as a complete package i'd consider him top 5. roc, lux, hollow, surf, calico.
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, hollow, loaded lux, soul
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 05:12 AM   #6
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
maybe top 10, just not diverse enough or with enough moments that really stick in my head to reach top 5
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 05:33 AM   #7
Profess

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
He's not top 3 to me. The way he acted vs Pat Stay might be bottom 3 tbh
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 05:34 AM   #8
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
azhotazice is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Day View Post
he was at one point
Now this I agree with.

There are a few battlers in the top 15 of all time who at one point were top 3.
Old 06-27-2018, 05:42 AM   #9
steveelite

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
steveelite has seen da-feet
Calicoe lost to Pat Stay.
steveelite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:46 AM   #10
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveelite View Post
Calicoe lost to Pat Stay.
I think so too. He was mad drunk though. Shame he didn't come to actually rap and not just push Pat around as it could have definitely been a real grudge match.
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 08:34 AM   #11
JR77

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
He's got clear wins over Surf, Math, Roc, Shine, Hitman, and Arsonal.
That's a pretty insane resume.
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 11:33 AM   #12
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
irvsykeg is not the worst person
got a lil suttin for this calicoe cock it back BLAOW and bloe calicoe's wig apart WATCH THEM COWLICKS, GO!

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 11:48 AM   #13
shifty-c

He definitely beat pat stay
Old 06-27-2018, 12:09 PM   #14
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
at his best possibly , now? not even close
Old 06-27-2018, 02:30 PM   #15
Feral Linguist

Feral Linguist is not the worst person
calicoe is one of the GOAT

top 10 probably

not top 3 not even top 5

imho
Old 06-28-2018, 12:35 AM   #16
lukej

lukej is not the worst person
He's up there.
lukej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 03:22 AM   #17
Feral Linguist

Feral Linguist is not the worst person
#8 in the world?
Old 06-28-2018, 04:04 PM   #18
Tecnik

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tecnik is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty-c View Post
He definitely beat pat stay
No. Not even a little bit. All he did was act like he wanted smoke the entire time. Nothing he said was particularly fire. I don't understand the state of battle rap anymore. You don't even have to say anything dope for people to think you won, you just have to act tough. Give me a fucking break.

This shit needs to get back to where battles were judged and dudes were putting their own money up, and winner takes all. Non-judged is why this shit is over saturated with terrible rappers, or good rappers putting on terrible performances.
Tecnik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 04:15 PM   #19
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecnik View Post
Non-judged is why this shit is over saturated with terrible rappers, or good rappers putting on terrible performances.
This is one of the most persistent myths and it just makes no sense to me, what is the basis for thinking this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 04:25 PM   #20
shifty-c

No cal def won 21...
Old 06-28-2018, 05:14 PM   #21
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
For sure. Best resume in battle rap. Someones opinion on Cal is a great indicator of whether or not theyre seasoned. Thinking he aint top top tier is the equivalent of thinking Charron is.

People that think he lost to Pat also think Magic lost to Charron.
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 07:43 PM   #22
Tecnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
This is one of the most persistent myths and it just makes no sense to me, what is the basis for thinking this?
Because there is no consequences at all to being terrible aside from some people who don't matter talking shit to you on the internet. How many times have big names battled nobodies on small leagues and put on dog shit performances because the bag was already secure (Math specifically comes to mind here)? These guys can half ass and phone it in as often as they want. As long as they don't get completely washed it means nothing.

If there were actual winners and losers, I don't think leagues would be going to go out of their way to book dudes who have losing records (or are flat out terrible) instead of the ones who put the time in to always make sure they do well. Dudes wouldn't be dropping battles because they are too drunk/high, or choking because they are under prepared because they'd actually have something to lose aside from twitter followers.

There's no incentive to do your best anymore once you achieve a certain level. Where is the actual competition in this shit anymore? This has turned from competition to 2 dudes showcasing some verses that vaguely have to do with their "opponent". I'm just tired of watching these dudes who claim to be top tier take 700 battles a year and only put forth effort in 2 of them.

Would love to hear your counterpoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Someones opinion on Cal is a great indicator of whether or not theyre seasoned.
What an incredibly unseasoned way of looking at things. How "Willy" of you.

Last edited by Tecnik; 06-28-2018 at 08:00 PM.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:56 PM   #23
steveelite

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
steveelite has seen da-feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
For sure. Best resume in battle rap. Someones opinion on Cal is a great indicator of whether or not theyre seasoned. Thinking he aint top top tier is the equivalent of thinking Charron is.

People that think he lost to Pat also think Magic lost to Charron.
Cal is great. And Magic beat Charron(no bodybag tho) but Calicoe definitely lost rounds 1 and 3 to Pat. He wasnt saying anything. Idk why people hate on Pat so much on this board. Dude has been putting on for years.
steveelite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 10:33 PM   #24
shifty-c

pat stay is good but calicoe beat him 2-1.
Old 06-29-2018, 03:42 AM   #25
Tecnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveelite View Post
Idk why people hate on Pat so much on this board. Dude has been putting on for years.
It's a mix of him being Canadian and being white. A few years ago everyone was on his dick, then they shifted over to Bigg K. Now it's the cool thing to do to pretend like they were never good to begin with.

It's no wonder all K does is call them nerds. Hell, the collective faggotry displayed by a lot of the top posters these days is why you don't really see any battlers of note posting anymore. Old site had tons of actual people who battle on it. Guess why they left?
Old 06-29-2018, 04:34 AM   #26
Profess

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Guess why they left?
Rmbva doesn't do AMA's anymore.. that was a big reason why they were here
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 05:37 AM   #27
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
i still have no idea how anyone can say calicoe won the actual battle , he won the war but lost the battle pretty clearly. he didn't come to win though he came to bully pat and succeeded pat's whole aura kinda been off since then
Old 06-29-2018, 10:11 AM   #28
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Because there is no consequences at all to being terrible aside from some people who don't matter talking shit to you on the internet. How many times have big names battled nobodies on small leagues and put on dog shit performances because the bag was already secure (Math specifically comes to mind here)? These guys can half ass and phone it in as often as they want. As long as they don't get completely washed it means nothing.

If there were actual winners and losers, I don't think leagues would be going to go out of their way to book dudes who have losing records (or are flat out terrible) instead of the ones who put the time in to always make sure they do well. Dudes wouldn't be dropping battles because they are too drunk/high, or choking because they are under prepared because they'd actually have something to lose aside from twitter followers.

There's no incentive to do your best anymore once you achieve a certain level. Where is the actual competition in this shit anymore? This has turned from competition to 2 dudes showcasing some verses that vaguely have to do with their "opponent". I'm just tired of watching these dudes who claim to be top tier take 700 battles a year and only put forth effort in 2 of them.

Would love to hear your counterpoint.
If the battles are judged with money on the line then I can agree that it gives an incentive for the battlers to bring their best but that wasn't the case for the majority of judged battles and nobody really took records that seriously. Battlers raised their stock the same way they do now, by performing well on a consistent basis. URL never did judged battles and it worked out fine for them.

Losing twitter followers/fans is actually more of an incentive to try than a loss decided by Knamelis and the gang. Leagues book battlers based on how big of a name they are and the amount of tickets they can sell, why would some arbitrary wins and losses decided by some random dudes be more important to them than the battlers popularity?

The reason why URL battlers didn't try on KOTD was because it didn't really effect the way the majority of their fans thought, I honestly don't think it would have made any difference if Verb vs Illmac was judged (to give a random example).

I mean if you go back through KOTD, DF & Grindtime there were tons of terrible battlers who had good records because they battled other terrible battlers, it really didn't help with oversaturation at all. I do like when battlers do judged battles with money on the line, even for nothing it can make for extra discussion and some funny moments from wasted judges but I don't think it would dramatically improve the battle scene and make everyone better like people make out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 07:05 PM   #29
shifty-c

Calicoe beat Patrick Stay.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:12 AM   #30
SHOWTIME

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
SHOWTIME is better than Grind Time AustraliaSHOWTIME is better than Grind Time Australia
Just came back to this god-awful site to say calicoe is top 2 and he’s not 2.
SHOWTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 02:01 AM   #31
justin0

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
justin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICE
calicoe is straight gabij. on some bullshit against pat and avoids bigg k like superman avoids kryptonite. no calicoe fans want to see cal vs bigg k because it would be one sided as fuck.
justin0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 02:02 AM   #32
justin0

justin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy View Post
i still have no idea how anyone can say calicoe won the actual battle , he won the war but lost the battle pretty clearly. he didn't come to win though he came to bully pat and succeeded pat's whole aura kinda been off since then
pat imo has never been good, but what cal did just exposed him as being weak as fuck and scared that he couldn't win bar vs bar against pat.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:04 AM   #33
justin0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty-c View Post
Calicoe beat Patrick Stay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME View Post
Just came back to this god-awful site to say calicoe is top 2 and he’s not 2.

ya'll fuckin clowns.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:18 PM   #34
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
it's safe to say calicoe is top 1 lol the man came in and never fell off

only lost to heartless

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 09:37 PM   #35
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 414 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
cal's greatest performance was vs tay roc. unbeatable

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 12:50 PM   #36
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
cal is definitely one of the greatest ever. up there in the tier where you're really just splitting hairs to rank em

pretty telling that the people who hate cal are stuck on his one kotd battle from three years ago lol
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 12:55 PM   #37
riffic
RYD ;

riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin0 View Post
avoids bigg k like superman avoids kryptonite.
hahah there's pressure on calicoe to battle bigg k?? bigg k isn't even the first dude from virginia he gets asked about

it'd be a cool battle but i dunno where that's coming from
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Old 07-07-2018, 01:03 PM   #38
riffic
RYD ;

bat bat i'm bruce wayne they flyin through the cave!!!

Quote:
Old 07-07-2018, 04:45 PM   #39
brodeezy

Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
cal beat lux and is definitely top 3 yes.

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 02:40 PM   #40
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
bat bat i'm bruce wayne they flyin through the cave!!!

that round is super fuckin potent tbh.

JUMANJI.....one wrong roll and them animals appear

You a fool if you think roc wilder than any of my dogs

especially for the simple fact they roll with clowns LIKE THIS FATASS N****
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags