Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives > The Vault
*KOTD GZ* Pay Day vs Sixxo

View Poll Results: Who you got taking it?
Pay Day 4 100.00%
Sixxo 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2014, 10:58 PM   #1
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
[CALGARY DIVISION] - Pay Day vs. Sixxo (don't sleep)

Sketch Menace
Yesterday
Pay Day vs Sixxo drops tomorrow on GZ Battles!

DO NOT SLEEP ON THIS ONE!

Since the west coast has a problem with time limits (end of paydays first) so this shit doesn't go to waste cause Malathion has becoem the standard for keeping time on the west side of NA...strong closer i think, definitely would have hit in toronto, not sure if calgary knows bishop actaully had a pretty good rap career in TO.

I wreck ha ok young Christopher walken
slick with the talking got the crowd nodding they head like they bid at an auction...
so quit with talkin.... think u can manage?
Try it dawg this left hands a sleep sandwich with extra tired sauce....
naw im just playing around but don't get it mixed up...
cuz this right hand bishop it ll throw six up!

@deathstare if you'd like to reach out to your fellow aboriginals village and have him provide the bars that he missed that's cool. if not, whatever

and im just realizing flight distance sampled this..smh
@OrganikHipHop i get that this was before the series, but can you get sketch to trade in that ugly nets hat for a We the north tee next event? just in case drake is peepin. In fact, maybe for this foul, sketch should have to battle a local Toronto rep...pay day seems to fit. Pay day gets a chance to take revenge for raptors fans, young stitch (the north remembers) and the several jerkings/lame battles/lost footage he's had due to sketch's division. Wd5 needs a Canadian vs Canadian grudge match. You're gonna fly sketch out for the event regardless, and there's typically been a west coast rep at these events...pay day is the best option. We don't want another boring wize guy performance. Thoughts @SketchMenace?

Last edited by Casual; 05-04-2014 at 07:25 AM.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:03 PM   #2
Casual

Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
oh shit. it;s out.

i don't subscirbe to GZ battles, my mistake. i would subscribe but i expect pay day will be on the main channel for all future battles, so no need.
Old 05-03-2014, 11:11 PM   #3
Casual

shoutout to @SketchMenace doing his best malathion impression and cutting off paydays first after 90 exact seconds despite the fact he had to wait like 15 for reactions.

At least the judges weren't dumbasses this time.

Oh and pay day single handedly keeping the put yo money where your mouth is relevant.

Last edited by Casual; 05-04-2014 at 05:31 AM.
Old 05-03-2014, 11:20 PM   #4
Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin0 View Post
pay day even rhymes with pat stay wtf
yeah by that logic it also rhymes with bigg k....pay day is calgarys equivalent so it makes sense.
Old 05-03-2014, 11:26 PM   #5
Casual

Quote:
dude bit the pat stay flip style / missile / get down / this round / bitch round / chris brown / sit down flow repeatedly.
well biting pats style is getting charron a title shot so it's a proven method.

although i disagree with the repeaatedly part...he used it in the second round for like 5 bars... he used the delay to connect parts of schemes a few times (but never more than one bar)...like 50% of battlers do that...
Old 05-03-2014, 11:32 PM   #6
Og Smokinstein
Deathstro da great

Mentioned: 510 Post(s)
Og Smokinstein is better than Grind Time AustraliaOg Smokinstein is better than Grind Time Australia
Battle was trash.. Pay day was ok..
Og Smokinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:06 AM   #7
Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinstein View Post
Battle was trash.. Pay day was ok..
sigh. pay day beasted, probably the best performance by a calgary division battler since (i honestly cant even remember) can't blame him for sketch menace's lack of matchmaking ability.

i realize there's a lack of talent in the calgary division and the only half decent battler that would make sense is probably fingaz (chedda just isn't a good matchup imo)...but get him a decent name from out of town.

i see the god @I am LIL ILL viewin, how bout an educated opinion? confirm/deny, payday has top 3 bars of calgary division.
@Seanzo with the best reactions in the crowd tbh. maybe second to notez.

Last edited by Casual; 05-04-2014 at 12:10 AM.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:16 AM   #8
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Haha. I judged this battle. It was really dope. Easiest decision I've ever made.

Payday is a beast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:19 AM   #9
Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
Haha. I judged this battle. It was really dope. Easiest decision I've ever made.

Payday is a beast.
at least sixxo doesn't have to worry about his name being flipped again...think payday took every good one availalbe...
Old 05-04-2014, 12:19 AM   #10
Seanzo
We in here

Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
at least sixxo doesn't have to worry about his name being flipped again...think payday took every good one availalbe...
Haha. Yeah. I like that I'm in the background when he says "emo haircut".
Quote:
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:

Old 05-04-2014, 12:23 AM   #11
Casual

Quote:
Haha. Yeah. I like that I'm in the background when he says "emo haircut".
haha, you do stand out in that crowd man.

sixxo was decent tbh, crowd was sleeping on some of his bars...he needs to get more aggressive (same thing was happening to pay before this battle). and damn @ those teeth, never seen something this horrendous, even a british dentist would say that shits expensive. need to get him and notez side by side smiling.

mind changing the title of the thread for me?
Old 05-04-2014, 12:27 AM   #12
Seanzo
We in here

Quote:
haha, you do stand out in that crowd man.

sixxo was decent tbh, crowd was sleeping on some of his bars...he needs to get more aggressive (same thing was happening to pay before this battle). and damn @ those teeth, never seen something this horrendous, even a british dentist would say that shits expensive. need to get him and notez side by side smiling.

mind changing the title of the thread for me?
Got you.

Yeah, I feel like I look out of place in Calgary...but only at battle rap events.

Sixxo, to me, just didn't have very many punch lines. Kind of just...multi syllabling for the sake of it; nothing landed.

BTW, I was in the audience for that Wildcard vs Pay Day battle. Pay Day was great. He and Card were neck and neck through the entire battle. Shame the footage is lost.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-04-2014, 12:32 AM   #13
Casual

Quote:
Got you.

Yeah, I feel like I look out of place in Calgary...but only at battle rap events.

Sixxo, to me, just didn't have very many punch lines. Kind of just...multi syllabling for the sake of it; nothing landed.

BTW, I was in the audience for that Wildcard vs Pay Day battle. Pay Day was great. He and Card were neck and neck through the entire battle. Shame the footage is lost.
yeah i was pretty disappointed when he said it wasn't gonna be coming out, figured he would kill it. ah well, hope he's earned a decent name now.

@justin0 im still baffled that you think he used the pat stay flow repeatedly. though you've always had terrible opinions...for the time limits i thought he switched up the flows more than enough times...

Last edited by Casual; 05-04-2014 at 12:35 AM.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:38 AM   #14
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 640 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
@Casual ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
yeah what he said
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:46 AM   #15
Og Smokinstein
Deathstro da great

Mentioned: 510 Post(s)
Og Smokinstein is better than Grind Time AustraliaOg Smokinstein is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
sigh. pay day beasted, probably the best performance by a calgary division battler since (i honestly cant even remember) can't blame him for sketch menace's lack of matchmaking ability.

i realize there's a lack of talent in the calgary division and the only half decent battler that would make sense is probably fingaz (chedda just isn't a good matchup imo)...but get him a decent name from out of town.

i see the god @I am LIL ILL viewin, how bout an educated opinion? confirm/deny, payday has top 3 bars of calgary division.
@Seanzo with the best reactions in the crowd tbh. maybe second to notez.
I really dont fuck wit the gz battles. The nigga was nothing special.
So lets not over hype his performance, he was decent at best.
Compared to the url pgs, those niggas suck.
Og Smokinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:20 AM   #16
Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinstein View Post
I really dont fuck wit the gz battles. The nigga was nothing special.
So lets not over hype his performance, he was decent at best.
Compared to the url pgs, those niggas suck.
you seem to have a bias against white people, so ill settle for decent at best.

frankly, compared to url pgs, the entire calgary division (and frankly, 95% of KOTD canada, sucks).

personally, if this were a URL PG battle, this shit would all get tons of reaction:

watup sixxo
shit..you and me are pretty similar in height, what are you..6'0?
growing up he had dreams of riding around that city in the six fo'
but instead he got a minivan with spinners it's a six do'
i might have to repeat these next bars cause i know six slow
if i find out how much money that six owe
im releasing the dragon like sisqo
have that six go
let six blow
bodies on the stage, brains is in that sixth row
im battling sixxo???
shit...does six know?
im one of them starting five little homie play that bench thats where that sixth go

raise that pistol like the father of pete maverich (basketball bar, guaranteed reaction)

long nose in my jeans like a jewish family

park for amusement just to see if six flags (gang related bars, guaranteed reaction)

bang em out like an emo haircut (i dont even think this was anything amazing but making fun of a white stereotype that doesnt typically associate with blacks..guaranteed reaction. ie. white boy gauges in your ear)

only here to hit six like the dealers got a facecard (this ones 50/50...blackjack bar...not necessarily the demographic of URL but i feel like this is the one they' react to just cause they think it'll make them seem knowledgable)

third round opener (slow it down that isn't incredibly forced...guaranteed smack reaction)

no high fives in prison in lindsay they give me that lohan...not sure if this would get reaction on smack, i was surprised it got reaction in calgary as its a jail in ontario...i figure this is the scenario where the reaction was mostly cause they knew it was dope despte not being able to put it together)

here to make him fadaway like jordan on his pivot foot (basketball shit, this would probably get a don demarco edited into the video)

1 in 6 like shaq at the freethrow (same as above)

now i challenge you...read these bars in snos voice, don't change the flows....and tell me im lyin
@Luke thoughts on this? you know what URL fans like @VAallDAY just cause you had mentioned sno to me in the matchup thread

but just so we're clear i see where you're coming from...this thread was mostly to get payday a big opponent on a calgary card..not to get him on smack. all relative. i dont think ive ever seen sketch menace so happy during a battle though so i think he'll get that battle.

Last edited by Casual; 05-04-2014 at 02:47 AM.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:51 AM   #17
Casual

Quote:
shoutout to @SketchMenace doing his best malathion impression and cutting off paydays first.
Aright, just so this shit doesn't go to waste...strong closer i think, definitely would have hit in toronto, not sure if calgary knows bishop actaully had a pretty good rap career in TO.

I wreck ha ok young Christopher walken
slick with the talking got the crowd nodding they head like they bid at an auction...
so quit with talkin.... think u can manage?
Try it dawg this left hands a sleep sandwich with extra tired sauce....
naw im just playing around but don't get it mixed up...
cuz this right hand bishop it ll throw six up!

and im just realizing flight distance sampled this..smh
@OrganikHipHop i get that this was before the series, but can you get sketch to trade in that ugly nets hat for a We the north tee next event? just in case drake is peepin.

Last edited by Casual; 05-04-2014 at 02:09 AM.
Old 05-04-2014, 02:08 AM   #18
Casual

Quote:
i like the flight distance one better.
yeah i agree...think it benefits from being like 10 years younger tho...six up was a banger back in the day @Bishop Brigante

one of benders sickest verses too.

her lips are sayin yes while her mouth is sayin no
Old 05-04-2014, 04:20 AM   #19
Bnas

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Bnas is a PY Poster
THIS KOTD PG FUCKING KILLS ANYTHING AND EVERYTHIN

Bnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:22 AM   #20
Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnas View Post
THIS KOTD PG FUCKING KILLS ANYTHING AND EVERYTHIN

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOIx1jn...tW8VsYzA1GJbGw
Repped thanks for the bump g.

lil ill with the cosign, what else do you guys need to watch 3 90 second rounds?
Old 05-04-2014, 04:22 AM   #21
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 640 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
everyone neg Bnas for spamming all our threads
this is what this faggot looks like

Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:23 AM   #22
Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
everyone neg Bnas for spamming all our threads
this is what this faggot looks like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M8W7pW0Ab0
Damn. Will neg next time I see him. Two times.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:41 AM   #23
Casual

He thought after the *second round* that we were *tied* well I'm a frayed knot/afraid not

Last edited by Casual; 05-04-2014 at 05:51 AM.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:55 AM   #24
Robby

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Robby is not the worst person
Pay Day killed this battle and is clearly the best coming out of Calgary. Shame Sketch cut him off in the first. He better get a good opponent next @SketchMenace
Robby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:00 PM   #25
Wildcard
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Wildcard is a PY Poster
Pay day that dude. My battle with him was crazy. Would have no problem battling him again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:16 PM   #26
Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
Pay day that dude. My battle with him was crazy. Would have no problem battling him again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah sucks that shit happened, everything I've heard made it seem like a dope battle, and a lot closer than this one. It's tough to capture it again though, not sure how it'd work out.

Think you'd both be better off with bigger names now tho, get the views up.

Last edited by Casual; 05-04-2014 at 03:19 PM.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:31 PM   #27
SketchMenace
VIP

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
SketchMenace is not the worst person
These guys agreed to strict time limits before the battle. didnt want to cut em off but you gotta keep it kosher
SketchMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:54 PM   #28
Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SketchMenace View Post
These guys agreed to strict time limits before the battle. didnt want to cut em off but you gotta keep it kosher
I hear you. I kinda forgot money was on the line so I guess it's gotta be more strict then (let's be honest tho, pay had him smashed after 8 bars like a pub crawl).

Still think that you coulda gave him at least a few more bars considering e lost about 15 seconds to those reactions.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:21 PM   #29
Casual

Quote:

jk, im trolling @Casual at this point, pay day was actually pretty dope.
i can't be trolled man.

glad you see the light tho. it's too bad majority of GZ channel subscribers only did so because KOTD made them do it to see trailers for events. that plus no quality control (seriously, if a GZ battle isn't good, why bother releasing it at all? it's not like the views are big enough to generate money...PG model is better) means most of them scroll past it on their YT page by default.

not hating on anyone cause i do the same.