Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Should Leagues Crowd Fund a Battle Rap PPV?

Old 10-21-2018, 04:35 AM   #1
gordyacres

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
gordyacres is not the worst person

Like RYD. Why not set up a go fund me for a big event/battle (doesn't need to be a 10 battles card, just do 3 battles or even 1) with two big names as main event who want to battle and are friendly with RYD, like Diz / Hollow / Geechi / Anyone who's been on Watch --- ask them what fee they charge for it and include venue (or RYD studios) / equipment rentals fees, then make a gofundme for X vs X, and if you pay $15+ or some number you get the PPV for free via email link. Does this make sense or am I extra high? Always thought this would be a good idea but IDK, what you think?

gordyacres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:07 AM   #2
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Didn't DF try exactly this and then get salty at the lack of response? I seem to remember that that is the exact reason why Illmac and Soul have bars for each other.
Michael Vick/ dogs bars
Unironic kids movie gun bars
Any reference to a movie where you state exactly what happened in that movie without changing it

Last edited by Emancee; 10-21-2018 at 02:36 PM.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 06:29 AM   #3
JR77

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Didn't DF try exactly this and then get salty at the lack of response? I seem to remember that that is the exact reason why Illmac and Soul have bars for each other.
They had a reward system and different milestones, right? So if there wasnt enough funding, your money was used to pay Danny Jaqq and Impact or something. And they kinda pretended that having tea with Eurgh was worth 200$. I'd rather just receive a thank you.

I dont see why tickets/PPV cant be sold up front to make sure the event is profitable, before officially booking everything. Just minimizing risk. And it shouldnt matter much to the customers/fans.
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 07:17 AM   #4
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Part of the problem (that might have shifted in the past year or so) is that fans perceived the reason they were doing it is that DF were going broke and they were trying to get more (or any) money from fans to cover costs (think was also around the Callum from the forum slavery / eurgh keeps all the money comments) + 20 gets you....25 gets you a beer mat with Briggzy’s face on or whatever, smacked ( ) of desperation somewhat.

Think you could do it now, if was an interactive ppv where fans chose the matchups and their $$$ corresponded to weight of their vote / access to the ppv / live event etc.

We could all group together and get Cali Smoov vs Joey Gambello to take place (on the one stage that matters)

Last edited by Cuntoffs are Jumps; 10-22-2018 at 07:53 AM. Reason: $$$
Cuntoffs are Jumps is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags