Battle RBE Presents: Swave Sevah vs B-Dot

View Poll Results: Who won?
Swave Sevah 6 66.67%
B-Dot 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2018, 07:23 PM   #1
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
RBE Presents: Swave Sevah vs B-Dot

iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 06:32 PM   #2
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
This battle is awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:20 PM   #3
Feral Linguist

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
havent watched yet gotta put my money on Swave with a clear body
Old 10-23-2018, 08:34 PM   #4
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I’d say this and Danny/Pat were the best battles of this event.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:06 PM   #5
Feral Linguist

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
swave's 2nd and 3rd were exactly what i expected.

notice how bdots 3rd fully constituted the shit swave had on him in the 2nd

and he didnt have a single rebuttal

he's a trashbag actor

what does anyone see in him and why does anyone compare him to Lux?
Old 10-24-2018, 03:31 AM   #6
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Swaves 2nd sums up bdots career. Pseudo intellectuals annoy everyone.

Bdot says he listens to sam harris’ podcast (when he was on illmacs on RYD) but still seems to be predictively and stereotypically “woke”. Guess he only cares to listen to the atheist stuff and none of the other gems sam harris drops guys brilliant.

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 04:00 AM   #7
gordyacres

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
gordyacres is not the worst person
Swave exposed him, I'll never look at B Dot the same again.
This was worse than Diz vs Gjonij IMO.
By the third round B Dot was admitted to biting Lux style too, smh. And the fact B Dot was salty between rounds and especially at the very end, watch him look at Swave after the battle. Swave smoked him.
gordyacres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:41 AM   #8
Assassin Ben

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
B Dot's 1st was actually pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChopChoiceBeats
www.facebook.com/ChopChoiceBeats

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. MF Doom
4. Notorious BIG
5. Rick Ross
Assassin Ben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:55 AM   #9
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
b-dot's 1st round ender was great, oh shit should have ended on the dojo brick bit.

swave too much 'you playing off of all of that hurt and that pain for your own personal gain'

dot's 3rd great, but just love how swave leaves spaces in his performance, stuff sits better.

Last edited by Cuntoffs are Jumps; 10-24-2018 at 10:41 AM. Reason: wait
Cuntoffs are Jumps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:27 AM   #10
Profess

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyProehl View Post
Swaves 2nd sums up bdots career. Pseudo intellectuals annoy everyone.

Bdot says he listens to sam harris’ podcast (when he was on illmacs on RYD) but still seems to be predictively and stereotypically “woke”. Guess he only cares to listen to the atheist stuff and none of the other gems sam harris drops guys brilliant.
I only know a couple German phrases, but one of them describes the pseudo-intellectual well: Gefährliches Halbwissen

Of course, I only know that because it takes one to know one
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 12:28 PM   #11
Dusted123

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Dusted123 is not the worst person
Dot had that stuff about Swaves father teaching martial arts and "bowing to the east"

Quite possible one of the worst angles I've ever heard, certainly goes hand in hand with the pseudo-intellectual think he's woke but doesn't even understand the history

There is a very strong correlation between martial arts in NYC at that time and black power teaching

If you were black with a dojo in NYC at that time you for sure were using martial art teachings to help empower black youth, Bruce Lee was a huge rolemodel in the hoods and while it sucks that black people had to look to an Asian for inspiration thats a reflection of systematic racism and just having a minority in his position in a sea of white people was huge

Shit was very big in fighting the culture war at the time and for someone who is so open about black power you would think he would know some history a bit better, especially if you plan to write a round about it trying to paint it in a negative light

Combine all of that with Swave saying "You still fighting over colors" and that line hits harder than everything BDot said
Dusted123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 12:55 PM   #12
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Sick battle, while some of B dots angles fell flat for me he was still rapping his ass off. Swave got this for me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 02:09 PM   #13
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
@Dusted123 @Profess

To be fair truly pulling off conscious rap is exceedingly difficult. Theres very few actual bonafide intellectuals that you cant poke holes through their work.

Swaves approach is much better in that regard. Hes not preachy but a little wise which garners respect

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 02:11 AM   #14
Profess

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
@Dusted123 @Profess

To be fair truly pulling off conscious rap is exceedingly difficult. Theres very few actual bonafide intellectuals that you cant poke holes through their work.

Swaves approach is much better in that regard. Hes not preachy but a little wise which garners respect
I liked how Swave mentioned the relief work he did after hurricanes and then compared that to B-Dot's contribution being just words. Had B-dot had another round at that point he may have had a good response. Maybe that's why the coin toss winner usually points at the other guy to go first

I enjoyed B-Dots rounds too.

Last edited by Profess; 10-25-2018 at 02:14 AM.
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 03:27 PM   #15
grandgroove

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
grandgroove is better than Grind Time Australiagrandgroove is better than Grind Time Australia
RBE Presents: Swave Sevah vs B-Dot

Does B Dot sniff a line or pop an Adderall before his performances? Maybe those tics are just neurotypical responses to stress. Either way, it’s always very noticeable. No judgments either way. Just curious.

Swave’s Rd2 opener was the funniest shit I’ve seen in a long time. Also, his Rd3 was perfectly placed. B Dot was strong for this debut, but he covered the same book learning stuff he always does.

You don’t set expectations on a different metric for Swave, but you do have to judge his shit on its own merits. This clash brought out great material from both sides and is hard to call.
grandgroove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 04:45 PM   #16
Dusted123

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Dusted123 is not the worst person
Quote:
@Dusted123 @Profess

Ya thats fair

I feel like this kind of just poked holes in itself though, I don't know if Swave and his boys were laughing at the same thing(I think they were) but I had that exact reaction at the same time to the angle I saw BDot painting

But I get what you mean, you see it a lot with BDot where people go out of their way to try and make him look unintelligent
Dusted123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 11:06 AM   #17
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Legit my top 10 battles in 2018. Dot raps incredibly well, but I choose substance over quantity.

Swave 2-1 on first watch. Will definitely rewatch.
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 01:49 PM   #18
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
B Dot is so damned talented

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 07:32 PM   #19
grandgroove

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
grandgroove is better than Grind Time Australiagrandgroove is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusted123 View Post
Ya thats fair

I feel like this kind of just poked holes in itself though, I don't know if Swave and his boys were laughing at the same thing(I think they were) but I had that exact reaction at the same time to the angle I saw BDot painting

But I get what you mean, you see it a lot with BDot where people go out of their way to try and make him look unintelligent

There’s no denying that he’s dedicated to what he raps. He’s a young lion, and many of us were there: talking about change and uplifting folks. I see him leaving the battle rap stage and doing community work of some kind in a couple of years. Or, hell, perhaps he wants to use battle rap as that platform for a time. At any rate, I can’t take anything from him, especially after his Rd3 against EK.
grandgroove is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
8217, 8220, 8221