Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives > The Yard
How would you book Wrestlemania 32?

Old 03-05-2016, 04:22 AM   #1
Rant
Monochrome.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Rant is not the worst person
How would you book Wrestlemania 32?

I saw a post about wrestling bars here, and thought there might be some fans. So, starting from the Royal Rumble, how would you have booked Wrestlemania 32?
Rant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 05:15 AM   #2
Toronto
rip bambam

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Toronto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaToronto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaToronto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Old 03-05-2016, 05:24 AM   #3
Rant
Monochrome.

#fined
Old 03-05-2016, 07:46 PM   #4
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
The Royal Rumble coming down to Dean Ambrose and Triple H was unexpected and cool. I was fine with Triple H wining but I wish it would've been more of an Ambrose vs HHH feud going forward into WM.

I was looking forward to Undertaker vs Cena but Shane coming back was incredible. That'll be a good one. Although I'd like to find out why Undertaker is so motivated to fight Shane just because Vince said to.

other than that, I'd like to see

Charlotte vs Sasha, no Becky (divas title)

Owens vs Styles (IC title)

Dudleys vs New Day, some type of hardcore match (tag titles)

Bray Wyatt vs Lesnar

Reigns vs Jericho (it was hard coming up with something for Reigns)
JC
All Day is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 08:21 PM   #5
Rant
Monochrome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Day View Post
The Royal Rumble coming down to Dean Ambrose and Triple H was unexpected and cool. I was fine with Triple H wining but I wish it would've been more of an Ambrose vs HHH feud going forward into WM.

I was looking forward to Undertaker vs Cena but Shane coming back was incredible. That'll be a good one. Although I'd like to find out why Undertaker is so motivated to fight Shane just because Vince said to.

Bray Wyatt vs Lesnar

Bolded match is happening at Roadblock. Too bad it'll be a squash. Bray needs to go over more. He's getting stale, because of this burial booking.

Here's how I book the Royal Rumble, and Fastlane(main events only for now, I'll fill in more in the OP, or in future posts.)

Roman goes over in the Rumble.(I know, I get boo'd, it's whatever, it's worth it for the swerve.) Once Reigns goes over, Fastlane becomes Dean vs. Brock in a singles match.(Alternatively, Brock could be substituted for HHH to protect Brock. But, I like Ambrose/Lesnar in a match. It's a draw.) Roman Reigns interferes in the Brock/Dean match, helping Dean win. Reigns, on Raw the following night, expresses that he helped Dean because he didn't think Dean could win on his own. This leads to a (slow burning)Reigns heel turn going into Mania for Dean/Roman.
Old 03-05-2016, 08:47 PM   #6
CBA

Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
CBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICE
Sting vs Taker in a retirement match - Sting goes over.... giving Taker that retirement he badly needs at this point. Even if these guys put out a bomb of a match, the fans will still respect them enough not to boo.

Reigns vs HHH for the title - Yeah I know Reigns isn't popular with the teenage fan base. Still think the guy could be good for the business if fans just chill. This is the only match up that really makes sense for Reigns, there's only so many decent heels and he's already beaten LON and Wyatt.

New Day vs. Booker T and Goldust - one of the most popular tag teams from the Attitude Era vs the Most Popular team now. It's been a long time coming since we've seen both dudes reunite, of course New Day should go over through some cheating.

AJ Styles vs Kevin Owens for the IC title (this could probably be turned into a triple threat match)

Dean Ambrose vs Brock Lesnar - Dean isn't really on that main event level yet but this is the type of match that could help him get there. Brock going over of course, but this is what could really get the guy to be respected, kind of similar to that Undertaker vs Jeff Hardy match

Rusev vs the Rock - Rusev wouldn't be too hard to build (well now it's too late, but all he would need is like 3 or 4 months), the Rock feud could turn him from a shaky upper mid card guy back into a bonafied main eventer. DQ finish seems best with the Rock standing tall.

Bray Wyatt vs either a returning Jeff Hardy or Kurt Angle with Bray going over
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 09:25 PM   #7
Rant
Monochrome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
Sting vs Taker in a retirement match - Sting goes over.... giving Taker that retirement he badly needs at this point. Even if these guys put out a bomb of a match, the fans will still respect them enough not to boo.

Reigns vs HHH for the title - Yeah I know Reigns isn't popular with the teenage fan base. Still think the guy could be good for the business if fans just chill. This is the only match up that really makes sense for Reigns, there's only so many decent heels and he's already beaten LON and Wyatt.

New Day vs. Booker T and Goldust - one of the most popular tag teams from the Attitude Era vs the Most Popular team now. It's been a long time coming since we've seen both dudes reunite, of course New Day should go over through some cheating.

AJ Styles vs Kevin Owens for the IC title (this could probably be turned into a triple threat match)

Dean Ambrose vs Brock Lesnar - Dean isn't really on that main event level yet but this is the type of match that could help him get there. Brock going over of course, but this is what could really get the guy to be respected, kind of similar to that Undertaker vs Jeff Hardy match

Rusev vs the Rock - Rusev wouldn't be too hard to build (well now it's too late, but all he would need is like 3 or 4 months), the Rock feud could turn him from a shaky upper mid card guy back into a bonafied main eventer. DQ finish seems best with the Rock standing tall.

Bray Wyatt vs either a returning Jeff Hardy or Kurt Angle with Bray going over
The biggest reason Reigns doesn't work, is because he isn't getting a heel push. If you check out his brief stint in NXT, his heel promos are DEFINITELY a cut above his face promos. And he just sort of has that natural heel personality.(E.G. Saying during a shoot interview that the fans hate themselves. That's a heel move through and through.)

There are two issues with booking the Rock. 1.) His work schedule is sooooo tight. 2.) He's not cleared to wrestle due to insurance conflicts. But, since this is fantasy booking, it's whatever. Rusev could be really strong.

The rest are pretty solid matches, and Sting/Taker is a dream booking.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:18 PM   #8
CBA

Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
CBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rant View Post
The biggest reason Reigns doesn't work, is because he isn't getting a heel push. If you check out his brief stint in NXT, his heel promos are DEFINITELY a cut above his face promos. And he just sort of has that natural heel personality.(E.G. Saying during a shoot interview that the fans hate themselves. That's a heel move through and through.)

There are two issues with booking the Rock. 1.) His work schedule is sooooo tight. 2.) He's not cleared to wrestle due to insurance conflicts. But, since this is fantasy booking, it's whatever. Rusev could be really strong.

The rest are pretty solid matches, and Sting/Taker is a dream booking.
I hear yah on Reigns, I'm mixed on him and while I think he would be a very good heel, he already had a heel run in the Shield. I can definitely see them trying to play up to it, but at the same time, the WWE has been pussyfooting with this guy's push, they just need to pull the trigger here, no more changing booking. If it doesn't work out, change shit from there, but don't stop in the middle of it, I think. Still, if they did turn him heel, I wouldn't be upset about it.

Yeah Rock vs Rusev... personally I since the Great One still has a lot of juice left it only makes sense they utilize the guy. Of course, this isn't reality but this is one of those matches that could have a very memorable build up if done right. Of course the two have been in the ring before for promo's and I gotta say I think the whole thing had a natural feeling to it (more so then the stuff with Cena). Rusev is one of those dude's that can be in that Brock Lesnar category if they book him right, hell he was already just about there.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 11:27 PM   #9
Rant
Monochrome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
I hear yah on Reigns, I'm mixed on him and while I think he would be a very good heel, he already had a heel run in the Shield. I can definitely see them trying to play up to it, but at the same time, the WWE has been pussyfooting with this guy's push, they just need to pull the trigger here, no more changing booking. If it doesn't work out, change shit from there, but don't stop in the middle of it, I think. Still, if they did turn him heel, I wouldn't be upset about it.

Yeah Rock vs Rusev... personally I since the Great One still has a lot of juice left it only makes sense they utilize the guy. Of course, this isn't reality but this is one of those matches that could have a very memorable build up if done right. Of course the two have been in the ring before for promo's and I gotta say I think the whole thing had a natural feeling to it (more so then the stuff with Cena). Rusev is one of those dude's that can be in that Brock Lesnar category if they book him right, hell he was already just about there.
Rusev got buried because Lana revealed their engagement while he was working the Summer Rae angle. Because her doing so was a shoot. He caught a loooot of heat from creative/corporate for her actions regarding that situation. Perhaps even as much so as her herself.(E.G. Jobbing to Brie Bella at Wrestlemania. Lol.) Prior to that, though, man was he getting pushed strong. And looked good while it was happening.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:29 PM   #10
Mindless

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Mindless is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Day View Post

Bray Wyatt vs Lesnar

WUT? I mean, WUT? Becky Lynch is fantastic. The whole division is getting a lot better now that they're bringing up girls from NXT.

I kind of feel bad for Roman. All the hate he gets isn't really his fault. He's green as goose shit and they brought him up anyway because Vince loves Samoans and big guys and Reigns is both. It's not like he could say no when they came up to him and told him they were going to push him to the fucking moon. He really needed more time in developmental/NXT before he was ever set loose on his own.
Mindless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 12:14 AM   #11
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
I like Becky but I'm looking for a 1 on 1 classic divas match at wrestlemania. There's always a tendency to throw extra women in because they don't dedicate much time to them. But hopefully not this time.
JC
All Day is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:45 PM   #12
Rant
Monochrome.

Becky's better in the ring, Sasha has better character development. If you were looking for a one on one classic, then Becky would give you the better match between the ropes. Edit: Just in my opinion.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:19 PM   #13
grandgroove

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
grandgroove is better than Grind Time Australiagrandgroove is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Becky's better in the ring, Sasha has better character development. If you were looking for a one on one classic, then Becky would give you the better match between the ropes. Edit: Just in my opinion.
I'm woefully behind on the Divas and NXT Women's Division(?) events. Need to get back on that.

Who's got the belts? I know Charlotte Flair recently went up against someone.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk
grandgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 06:12 PM   #14
Rant
Monochrome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandgroove View Post
I'm woefully behind on the Divas and NXT Women's Division(?) events. Need to get back on that.

Who's got the belts? I know Charlotte Flair recently went up against someone.

Charlotte Flair, and Bayley are the current women's division champions. Charlotte is defending in a triple threat against Becky and Sasha at Mania, and Bayley is defending against Asuka at Takeover. I expect both titles to change hands. If not both, then almost certain Bayley's, as she's on her way to the main roster in the near future.
Old 04-03-2016, 09:41 PM   #15
grandgroove

grandgroove is better than Grind Time Australiagrandgroove is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Charlotte Flair, and Bayley are the current women's division champions. Charlotte is defending in a triple threat against Becky and Sasha at Mania, and Bayley is defending against Asuka at Takeover. I expect both titles to change hands. If not both, then almost certain Bayley's, as she's on her way to the main roster in the near future.
Nice summary. Thanks, dude!
Old 03-14-2016, 08:56 PM   #16
grandgroove

I think the Shane Mcmahon reveal is still yet to come. Like, there will be more post-WM.

Solomonster ran down the card really well.

PLEASE let the NJPW buys have some screen time, too

Old 03-15-2016, 06:53 AM   #17
Rant
Monochrome.

Can't wait for Shinsuke in NXT. Stoked for that.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:18 PM   #18
grandgroove

Quote:
Can't wait for Shinsuke in NXT. Stoked for that.
Me too!

Anyone watched that Edge and Christian show? AJ Styles was on it. They have a segment called "Will the WWE Talk About It?". It was great.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:06 PM   #19
Toronto
rip bambam

Toronto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaToronto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaToronto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
bruh not gonna lie kinda excited for wrestlemania this year

been pretty weak previous years
Old 04-10-2016, 05:28 PM   #20
grandgroove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
bruh not gonna lie kinda excited for wrestlemania this year

been pretty weak previous years
Now that WM32 is in the books, what did y'all think?

I wished that AJ Styles would have won. That and NXT Dallas was the real excitement for me.

Just really disappointed overall.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:10 PM   #21
Toronto
rip bambam

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandgroove View Post
Now that WM32 is in the books, what did y'all think?

I wished that AJ Styles would have won. That and NXT Dallas was the real excitement for me.

Just really disappointed overall.
honestly for the card it was, it wasnt that bad of a show but compared to NXT Dallas is doesnt come close. Shinsuke Nakamura, Womens triple threat and Shane jumping off the cell was the highlight of the weekend for me.

all in all, Wrestlemania 32 was aight

zack ryder tho? dafk
Old 04-13-2016, 02:34 AM   #22
grandgroove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
honestly for the card it was, it wasnt that bad of a show but compared to NXT Dallas is doesnt come close. Shinsuke Nakamura, Womens triple threat and Shane jumping off the cell was the highlight of the weekend for me.

all in all, Wrestlemania 32 was aight

zack ryder tho? dafk
Prior to NXT Dallas, I never saw NXT. I am hooked
Old 04-11-2016, 07:19 PM   #23
Rant
Monochrome.

A lot of the finishes were really wonky to me. The matches overall were decent for the WM Main Card(aside from Brock/Dean. What a fucking shit show.) But, there wasn't anything that really stood out strongly. Nakamura/Zayn match of the year, though.

Check me out on Soundcloud.

Tags
fined