Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Eurgh vs Sketch Menace not happening

Old 08-21-2015, 07:30 PM   #161
Triptych
ɥɔʎʇdıɹ⊥

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Triptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time Australia
We lost Rone at the press conference for this?
Old 08-21-2015, 07:41 PM   #162
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayceP View Post
Am I the only one that is a little surprised to hear now that "people guessed perfectly what happenned and who it involves", suggesting it's common practice from KOTD staff to be assholes?
I'm not surprised, at all. I've seen them do a bunch of scandalous shit over the years, and they play it off like they're decent people and it's always the other guy just hating or making stuff up about them. This type of shit is why I'm not paying $30 for one day of battles. It's the principle of the matter, and I'm not about to just give them my money for nothing. I don't respect them.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:45 PM   #163
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
I'm not surprised, at all. I've seen them do a bunch of scandalous shit over the years, and they play it off like they're decent people and it's always the other guy just hating or making stuff up about them. This type of shit is why I'm not paying $30 for one day of battles. It's the principle of the matter, and I'm not about to just give them my money for nothing. I don't respect them.
eh, the No Fly zone thing is silly, but you get that Eurgh is the asshole here, right? He and Avi have had personal issues for years, and were discussing his flight, and in an argument Avi called him a cunt. He then tried to apologise. Name calling isn't cool, but "cunt" in a Facebook message, heat of the moment?

I can't see how anyone sees this as him doing anything but backing out of the battle and looking for an excuse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:53 PM   #164
JayceP

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
JayceP is a PY Poster
Quote:

It's news to me. Pretty much all I heard over the years is that many battlers were (and still are) willing to take pay cuts to battle on KOTD. I remember Cortez calling some ppl on their bullshit and praising how KOTD ran their ship as far as the way they treated battlers.

Last edited by JayceP; 08-21-2015 at 07:56 PM.
JayceP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:54 PM   #165
FILTH
Jesucio

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
FILTH is not the worst person
lol @ a canadian no fly zone. what are they going to do bore you until you leave.. foh!
FILTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:02 PM   #166
Seanzo
We in here

Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league

how are KOTD the assholes here?
Quote:
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:

Old 08-21-2015, 08:02 PM   #167
Sky2real

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
Damn.....KOTD exposed. I guess Eurgh was in the right after all.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:02 PM   #168
6000GP
tupac back

6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
eh, the No Fly zone thing is silly, but you get that Eurgh is the asshole here, right? He and Avi have had personal issues for years, and were discussing his flight, and in an argument Avi called him a cunt. He then tried to apologise. Name calling isn't cool, but "cunt" in a Facebook message, heat of the moment?

I can't see how anyone sees this as him doing anything but backing out of the battle and looking for an excuse.
The "no fly zone" thing is beyond silly, it's hilariously pathetic. Kotd isn't a bunch of tough guys. They're not some well-connected, high-profile street gang or crime syndicate. They're a bunch of goofy backpacking kids that made an event where the main attraction seems to be rhyming Asian and Arabic jokes. The fact that they've bought into their own hype and really think that they can seriously say things like "no fly zone" is incredible to me. It's not a stretch for me to believe the guy who I've always seen keep things professional over the guys who have done a bunch of unprofessional shit time and time again.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:04 PM   #169
Sky2real

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:

Damn.....Eurgh exposed. I guess KOTD was in the right after all.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:05 PM   #170
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:

I don't believe organik. I've seen him lie or try to cover shit up way too many times. Never caught Eurgh in a lie tho.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:10 PM   #171
Seanzo
We in here

Quote:
I don't believe organik. I've seen him lie or try to cover shit up way too many times. Never caught Eurgh in a lie tho.
There's a logic to Eurgh's story that doesn't add up, though. He worked on preparing for the battle for a month and then backs out over an altercation where he says he was called a "cunt"? He then threatens to expose screen shots of conversations but then won't. Refuses to deal with this in private despite the fact no KOTD member was posting about it until the very last minute they could for him to come forward. I know Sketch still practiced his material, and Eurgh couldn't have responded to a message from him to say "Yeah, sorry, man. Not doing it.", but apologies to him publicly?

Even his own words make him look like an asshole to me.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 08-21-2015, 08:10 PM   #172
Z-Tay
Banned

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Z-Tay probably likes in here/hair word play
Eurgh shook as fuck, smh

I can't blame him though. Dizaster is a manchild who is constantly trying to start fights to prove his manhood... in his mid-30's btw. Also, KOTD co-signing Daylyt probably didn't sit well with him either.

Oh well, battle would've been ass anyways.
Z-Tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:14 PM   #173
Z-Tay
Banned

Z-Tay probably likes in here/hair word play
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoots10 View Post
have quake and sketch use their bars against each other.
Z-Tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:15 PM   #174
Nick Vayne
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Nick Vayne has seen da-feet
Quote:

Not informing fans that this battle was cancelled.. like they did numorous times before. That's just a shady ass business move.
Nick Vayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:18 PM   #175
Seanzo
We in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Vayne View Post
Not informing fans that this battle was cancelled.. like they did numorous times before. That's just a shady ass business move.
If someone says "at the moment I'm not showing up" and you message them to apologise and try to resolve the issue, offering them more money, and are waiting on a response, how do you cancel when you're still trying to make it back? They weren't canceling because they thought the battle still may happen.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 08-21-2015, 08:19 PM   #176
GMajor

GMajor is better than Grind Time AustraliaGMajor is better than Grind Time AustraliaGMajor is better than Grind Time Australia
Hope they still pay Sketch his full amount. It's not like they are losing any money from this battle not happening. Matter fact, they even saved money by not having to pay Eurgh's expenses!

Based on Battlerap.com's article, it seems like Eurgh was looking for a way to back out from the jump....maybe not from the jump, but once he decided he wanted out, he went about creating a "reason" to back out. Facts! (opinions really....but Facts!)
GMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:24 PM   #177
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
There's a logic to Eurgh's story that doesn't add up, though. He worked on preparing for the battle for a month and then backs out over an altercation where he says he was called a "cunt"? He then threatens to expose screen shots of conversations but then won't. Refuses to deal with this in private despite the fact no KOTD member was posting about it until the very last minute they could for him to come forward. I know Sketch still practiced his material, and Eurgh couldn't have responded to a message from him to say "Yeah, sorry, man. Not doing it.", but apologies to him publicly?

Even his own words make him look like an asshole to me.
That's Eurgh's prerogative... Maybe he is "posh" or sensitive or something, idk. But the part that stands out most to me is that he cancelled August 10th and kotd doesn't announce it until the day of. That part isn't debatable, and it's deceptive as hell. But if you want to believe organik and co. in spite of them getting exposed multiple times for their attempts to deceive people, then that's your choice. I don't trust them.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:26 PM   #178
Beaux Jangles
bojangles snappin!!!

Mentioned: 386 Post(s)
Beaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICE
Lol at seanso apologizin for bad business...he is kotd ride or die for life what a nut lmfao!!!
GoldRaffleBojangles,SnowsCastleBojangles,QuoteSnap pleBojangles,ClothesNaturalBojangles,BrosBlackHole Bojangles,PulpedMangosBojangles,WroteDjangoBojangl es,SoakedFlannelBojangles,RogueAngelBojangles,Home NashvilleBojangles,CrowsHateLawsBojangles,ToveAvri lBojangles,ThrowShrapnelBojangles,GrossRainbowBoja ngles,NoRacialBojangles,RomeStatueBojangles
Beaux Jangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:27 PM   #179
Nick Vayne
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Nick Vayne has seen da-feet
Quote:
If someone says "at the moment I'm not showing up" and you message them to apologise and try to resolve the issue, offering them more money, and are waiting on a response, how do you cancel when you're still trying to make it back? They weren't canceling because they thought the battle still may happen.
According to every source, he said "I'm not attending" TWO weeks before the event and stopped responding after. Then you just can't deny that waiting until ONE day before the event to inform fans makes you look terribly untrustworthy.

Organik also made clear he had some trouble with Eurgh before and if you know someone is stubborn (not the right word, but closest translation) like that, the most honest option is to inform your fans of the fact. Or at the very least tell them the battle probably isn't happening.

Whichever way you turn it, KOTD is not without blame, especially since they've done this before.
Nick Vayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:30 PM   #180
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Even if they announce that the battle was off the day they were notified, like you would expect of someone honest who wants your money, then that wouldn't preclude them from still trying to make the battle happen.

"Sorry guys. Eurgh backed out. We're trying to get him back on board, hopefully we can work it out. Thanks for your support."

THAT wouldve made Eurgh look like an asshole. Deceiving people and acting like they're tough guys takes the asshole crown away from Eurgh, even if he originally deserved it.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:32 PM   #181
Carl Spackler
Cinderella story

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Carl Spackler is better than Grind Time AustraliaCarl Spackler is better than Grind Time Australia
Eurgh acting like a paycheck, an international flight, a vacation and a weekend dedicated to something he's obviously passionate enough to spend a good chunk of his life doing isn't enough. I get that he thinks he's superior to Sketch, but grow the fuck up. A one hour layover, and being called posh is hardly a reason to act like a child.
Carl Spackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:34 PM   #182
JayceP

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
JayceP is a PY Poster
From KOTD's perspective though, haters were gonna hate either way. If they made it public 2 weeks ago, people would have been saying they were trying to do Eurgh dirty just to save face...

Everybody's human and can interpret shit differently in the heat of the moment, I'm not even mad if Eurgh felt disrespected and wanted to call off the battle. The no-answering shit that ran for 2 weeks though, is the only thing I can't wrap my mind around...
JayceP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:37 PM   #183
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:58 PM   #184
thatguy

Mentioned: 768 Post(s)
thatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
A+ thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
Dizaster is my most favorite battle rapper of all time.
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:59 PM   #185
thatguy

Mentioned: 768 Post(s)
thatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
equally bad looks for everyone involved tbh
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
Dizaster is my most favorite battle rapper of all time.
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:26 PM   #186
Emseed

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Emseed is not the worst person
I've seen a similar situation happen with a wedding once. This person didn't want to go to the wedding so they started making all these demands and racking up expenses just to try and create an argument. Of course when the argument happened they used that argument as an excuse for not going and tried to make themselves look like the victim. I mean really Eurgh is cancelling because someone said he was posh and then apologised? You gotta be kidding

And Eurgh knew kotd were still confused about whether or not he was going and he deliberately chose to leave them that way just to be petty

Last edited by Emseed; 08-21-2015 at 09:30 PM.
Emseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:41 PM   #187
Askari

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Askari is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emseed View Post
I've seen a similar situation happen with a wedding once. This person didn't want to go to the wedding so they started making all these demands and racking up expenses just to try and create an argument. Of course when the argument happened they used that argument as an excuse for not going and tried to make themselves look like the victim. I mean really Eurgh is cancelling because someone said he was posh and then apologised? You gotta be kidding

And Eurgh knew kotd were still confused about whether or not he was going and he deliberately chose to leave them that way just to be petty
Citing "professionalism" as an excuse to kick up fuss, when in reality he didn't want to have to face Diz or Daylyt, perhaps?

Ionno. I like Eurgh, but it seems like much ado about nothing. It's more hypocritical than a dying hippopotamus to criticise how professional someone is and then air the dispute out on Facebook though.
Askari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:48 PM   #188
Dank Schrader
Something whitty

Mentioned: 962 Post(s)
Dank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emseed View Post
I mean really Eurgh is cancelling because someone said he was posh and then apologised? You gotta be kidding
thats still only one side of the story though, until we see the actual messages you cant say for sure what has been said. in the interview eurgh said if you saw em you would understand (so maybe more was said, who knows its all a bit of half of one half a dozen of the other).

same with eurgh saying other battlers have been in touch with him and guessed the situation, ive never heard people speak bad of kotd, but that seems an interesting point to make.
MY WINRAR ISN'T LICENSED
Dank Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 10:41 PM   #189
Lizman

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Lizman User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayceP View Post
From KOTD's perspective though, haters were gonna hate either way. If they made it public 2 weeks ago, people would have been saying they were trying to do Eurgh dirty just to save face...

Everybody's human and can interpret shit differently in the heat of the moment, I'm not even mad if Eurgh felt disrespected and wanted to call off the battle. The no-answering shit that ran for 2 weeks though, is the only thing I can't wrap my mind around...

You Are Insanely Retarded.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:46 PM   #190
slo_mo
Turnt Up For Lil' Boo

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
slo_mo is a PY Poster
Was that an actual member of KOTD staff that declared Canada was a "no fly zone" for Eurgh?
slo_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 11:00 PM   #191
Cheddah12

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Cheddah12 is not the worst person
Why y'all acting like eurgh vs sketch not going down would be a deal breaker for people buying the ppv? Lol. How many of you would used that battle for a cigarette or taking a dump break? Hands please
Cheddah12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 01:32 AM   #192
CadalackJon

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
CadalackJon is a PY Poster
6000GP legit rubbing his hands together with this kind of material.
CadalackJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 01:35 AM   #193
DBag

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
DBag probably likes in here/hair word play
The REAL reason for Eurgh's cancellation.

Dizaster.

Which makes sense if you think about it... When Eurgh originally booked the battle, more than likely, it was probably before Dumb and Diz was booked. Since finding out, Eurgh was most likely trying to find any reason to get out of it. Which would explain his EXTREMELY superficial reasoning for doing so.

I highly doubt a staff member calling him a cunt is all it took.

Thoughts?
DBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 01:40 AM   #194
diddy_dream

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
diddy_dream is not the worst person
no lol.
diddy_dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 01:42 AM   #195
god level

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
It's cause Sketch is irrelevant
god level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 01:42 AM   #196
DBag

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddy_dream View Post
no lol.
Really? You don't think that makes any sense what so ever?
Old 08-22-2015, 01:59 AM   #197
DBag

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
Well that's gotta be the most passive aggresive announcement of a battle being cancelled.
That's weird. How you figure?
Old 08-22-2015, 02:29 AM   #198
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

Mentioned: 371 Post(s)
uuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddah12 View Post
Why y'all acting like eurgh vs sketch not going down would be a deal breaker for people buying the ppv? Lol. How many of you would used that battle for a cigarette or taking a dump break? Hands please
THANK U

homeboy @Seanzo negged me (apparently worth 3 damn points ) cuz i tried to highlight how nobody gives half a fuck about a sketch menace battle just cuz he was heated about eurgh

this battle woulda been worse than a snooze fest ; it would have been a migraine
Old 08-22-2015, 03:20 AM   #199
diddy_dream

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
diddy_dream is not the worst person
Seanzo repped me and I got 0, weird.
diddy_dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 03:36 AM   #200
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBag View Post
That's weird. How you figure?
this is weirder, how do you figure that I should figure?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
8207, canceurghlation, casual in tears, the chronicles of casuals crusade