Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Someone needs to do this

Old 12-20-2015, 10:08 PM   #1
vokab206
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
vokab206 is not the worst person
Someone needs to do this

With how busy lots of us are and how many battle leagues and battles there are, it's impossible to watch them all or keep up now days.

I was thinking that someone should make a weekly "highlight show" of the battles released by the top leagues and names for the fans. Basically someone who follows them all and then recap with video highlights and breakdowns so we can see the top events, lines, reactions etc so then we can go back and find the original video to make it worth the time. (Kind of like a Sportscenter for battling)

That is something I would check weekly. I can't follow all the Twitter, FB, Youtube stuff between family, work and sports.

Thoughts?

soundcloud.com/vokab206
https://vokab206.bandcamp.com/releases
vokab206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 10:11 PM   #2
KellyBetz of NoCoast
Columbia, Missouri USA

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
KellyBetz of NoCoast is not the worst person
Very dope idea.

Battles get stickied here but it's still not clear if it's what I'd be in to.

Wish I didn't have a life, I'd do this.
KellyBetz of NoCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 10:35 PM   #3
Breakneck
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Breakneck is better than Grind Time AustraliaBreakneck is better than Grind Time Australia
Such a good idea tbh. Wish someone would do it
Old 12-20-2015, 10:49 PM   #4
ukallday
We FUCK THAT

Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
ukallday is better than Grind Time Australiaukallday is better than Grind Time Australia
Didn't luke have some problems with uploading url footage on his videos? I imagine it would take so many hours to make this sort of video it's not worth the risk of having them flagged at any moment.

Would be cool though.
ukallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 10:54 PM   #5
vokab206
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
vokab206 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukallday View Post
Didn't luke have some problems with uploading url footage on his videos? I imagine it would take so many hours to make this sort of video it's not worth the risk of having them flagged at any moment.

Would be cool though.
I see about URL. However if someone did this and it became very big, I'm sure they'd allow someone to use "highlight" parts of their videos for league promotion considering they'd only be using about 30 seconds of footage or so.

soundcloud.com/vokab206
https://vokab206.bandcamp.com/releases
vokab206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 11:15 PM   #6
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
mapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokab206 View Post
I see about URL. However if someone did this and it became very big, I'm sure they'd allow someone to use "highlight" parts of their videos for league promotion considering they'd only be using about 30 seconds of footage or so.
I think te issue was URL not wanting their footage used in compilations that include other leagues footage, which makes sense in a way, if they see themselves as the most popular and influential league, and other leagues getting free promo by being included alongside theirs. I actually considering doing this weekly highlight idea but ultimately the time commitment vs this issue stopped me.
mapleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 11:53 PM   #7
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
ghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarctica
this looks like a job for @Luke
ghettonetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 02:22 AM   #8
Absyrd
Contributor

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Absyrd is a PY Poster
www.teamxhigh.com
interviews mega def few weeks ago but we doing a break till new years week i always shout out rmbva home of battle rap exclusive storys hahaha

respect yall
Absyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 02:50 AM   #9
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
didn't battlerap.com do a weekly wrap up video? or a monthly wrap up video? or something along the lines of that? i remember watching a fairly recent video with chris doing a brief summary of current battle rap stuff. the idea obviously didn't stick, but it would be a good way to bring attention towards good matches that have gone unnoticed.

@BattleRapChris am i mistaken? i can't find the video on youtube.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 04:24 AM   #10
BattleRapChris
Media

Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
BattleRapChris is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattleRapChris is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
didn't battlerap.com do a weekly wrap up video? or a monthly wrap up video? or something along the lines of that? i remember watching a fairly recent video with chris doing a brief summary of current battle rap stuff. the idea obviously didn't stick, but it would be a good way to bring attention towards good matches that have gone unnoticed.

@BattleRapChris am i mistaken? i can't find the video on youtube.
Yeah we did a few. Been so busy lately that I let them fall to the wayside.

We still do Top Battles Of The Month though. That's a good place to catch up on the highlights on what's been going on.
http://battlerap.com/topic/battles-of-the-month

Complete "Born Legacy 2" coverage

Complete "Blackout 6" coverage

Complete 2015 In Review coverage

Twitter -> @BattleRapChris
BattleRapChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 05:59 AM   #11
averagejoe

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokab206 View Post

Luke took clips and just let em play

Commentary on clips = as fair use as it gets
@ukallday luke I'd just lazy
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:31 PM   #12
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Mentioned: 805 Post(s)
Luke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time Australia
I don't have anything interesting to say tho

Top Five Best at "Flow", all time - Joey Jihad, E Ness, Arsonal, Calicoe, Yung Ill (when he is on point)
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:31 PM   #13
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Mentioned: 805 Post(s)
Luke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time Australia
"And this bar was good"

Top Five Best at "Flow", all time - Joey Jihad, E Ness, Arsonal, Calicoe, Yung Ill (when he is on point)
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 03:52 AM   #14
djpompey
No Coast President

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
djpompey is not the worst person
Since I have a long commute, I'd appreciate something like that in audio form (I already listen to the DBD show that way). I mention this because an audio podcast could be easier for someone to produce regularly and get out quickly.

Am I an outlier? In what form you guys like to consume your weekly battle news?

Shouts to some of the sites I already use:

djpompey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 06:39 AM   #15
averagejoe

averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I don't have anything interesting to say tho

Fucking bull shit lol. U have 1) vast knowledge
2) relevant opinions.

If u ever want to try it out I'll help u! We could even collaborate dooo it!
Old 12-23-2015, 06:42 AM   #16
averagejoe

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpompey View Post
Since I have a long commute, I'd appreciate something like that in audio form (I already listen to the DBD show that way). I mention this because an audio podcast could be easier for someone to produce regularly and get out quickly.

Am I an outlier? In what form you guys like to consume your weekly battle news?

Shouts to some of the sites I already use:

I love Seanzo n riffic podcast but I hate that there's no video or nothing. And honestly u tube is the url of hosting sites...if it's not on u tube it don't count!

DBD show only thing I can sit thru
Old 12-23-2015, 09:09 AM   #17
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
Fucking bull shit lol. U have 1) vast knowledge
2) relevant opinions.

If u ever want to try it out I'll help u! We could even collaborate dooo it!
Nah he's right. Anyway this could be done without commentary, I actually feel like that would be an easy way to ruin it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:28 AM   #18
averagejoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
Nah he's right. Anyway this could be done without commentary, I actually feel like that would be an easy way to ruin it.

Would be boring imo

Riffic can do it without commentary