Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
my interest in battle rap is dying

Old 05-28-2015, 08:59 PM   #41
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
all these small leagues throwing random ass events with one big name battle thrown in has fucked some shit up too.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:59 PM   #42
medium sean

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
medium sean is better than Grind Time Australiamedium sean is better than Grind Time Australia
e ness vs bill restored some of my faith in battling
@Ness Lee please battle ness and/or bill
medium sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:00 PM   #43
Breakneck
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Breakneck is better than Grind Time AustraliaBreakneck is better than Grind Time Australia
Also numbers are up in general so maybe while the older , core fans are getting sick of it the mainstream and casual fans are catching on more now.

Ie. This site has definitely cooled off it seems, but Facebook groups unfortunately took over for many people

Last edited by Breakneck; 05-28-2015 at 09:03 PM.
Breakneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:16 PM   #44
PurelyDef
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
PurelyDef is not the worst person
Every single big name battler was a nobody at some point. Ness Lee, Illmac, Eurgh, Organik, Pat Stay, even Loaded Lux and Mook were complete nobodies. One of the realest things I've ever heard Drake say on a track is that whole segment where he's talking about being in the car with a girl, playing his mixtape and her being like "Who is this?" - "It's me" - "Word" then ask if we could listen to Ludacris

People put too much stake in names and not enough in talent. That's why battle rappers overprice the hell out of themselves and have no idea what their value is, and that's why battle leagues PAY them and have no idea what their value is.

Maybe the cats at the top of the chain arent hungry like they used to be - but there are plenty of people at the bottom who are hungry. I see them battle at local events every weekend, and the fact of the matter is, there are so many amazingly talented battle rappers out that they're all competing with each other to one-up the next guy while all the dudes at the top are busy figuring out where they're gonna get the next paycheck

Shit is different now - making the climb to the top is much harder than it used to be. Getting known as a battler is much harder than it used to be because there's so much saturation. But there's nothing wrong with that. It breeds competition and competition breeds next level talent. Small leagues are just trying to do their best to give those people exposure

Is battle rap regressing in popularity? Possibly. Who knows. Shit will never be dead though. As long as someone is posting on a rap forum somewhere doing an audio battle online or just having a freestyle battle at work - battling won't die. But if it's gets to the point where battles are only doing 10,000 views instead of 1 million - some of us are okay with that.

Last edited by PurelyDef; 05-28-2015 at 09:20 PM.
PurelyDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:23 PM   #45
PurelyDef
Battle Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
we're getting michael cera like gimmicks just pretending to be a cat obsessed awkward teenager every battle.
Deems is a god, c'mon
Old 05-28-2015, 09:31 PM   #46
CBA

Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
CBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICE
Haha, Ness has a point for me at least, I've been planning to watch that Rone vs Thesaurus for 2 days and still havent' gotten around to it. A big part of the problem is the length of the battles (not for Rone and Thesaurus), but too many of them are like 30 to 60 minutes long and you can tell the performers have to tactically put in filler just to get through the rounds, content wise.

I really think battles should only be 20 minutes tops, and less battles with more quality is the best route to go.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:37 PM   #47
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
i love michael cera
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:54 PM   #48
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness Lee View Post
i'm sure it'll happen eventually. will anyone give a fuck by the time it does is my question lol
110% yes!

I feel (and have done for the longest time) stopping judging killed a lot of the competitive side of battling. Even if I didn't agree with a decision, still there was a outcome to a battle.

There's just too Much out there now, with very little quality control too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:26 PM   #49
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 836 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Maybe but when there's a smack event it still creates mayhem

People are still into it. Who knows where it's gonna go...we definitely need more star battlers or else they are going to run out of matchups
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:35 PM   #50
The Chef
KingOfThaKitchen

Mentioned: 305 Post(s)
The Chef is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Chef is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Chef is better than Grind Time Antarctica
When you get old this tends to happen. May i suggest a new hobby?
A Feat Would Be To Do Lines Completely Unrelated To A Game Or Movie That Clearly Reference Them.
The Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:51 PM   #51
Smokey-Clovn
Krakkka Killa

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Smokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICE
Bitches ain't hungry anymore and everybody kinda like sounds alike
The craft is dead just a bunch of copy N paste guy's.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:58 PM   #52
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
It's strange, I expect pretty much every hobby to have a shelf life with some people, but almost to a person, interest in battle rap has cooled off. Hell telling Ness I like his music better than his battles today has been the only time discussing battle rap has been even remotely interesting lately
Old 05-28-2015, 11:05 PM   #53
Ness Lee
VIP

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Ness Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef View Post
When you get old this tends to happen. May i suggest a new hobby?
lol damn near all of your favorites in any league are as old or older than me
Ness Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 11:07 PM   #54
UserName

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
UserName is a PY Poster
Quote:
i'm sure it'll happen eventually. will anyone give a fuck by the time it does is my question lol
I still want to see you vs. A-class b
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 11:14 PM   #55
Defcee

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Defcee is not the worst person
My question: since quality control plays a part in it, will leagues be willing to leave wack battles in the vault if they paid top-tier talent to participate in em?
Defcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 11:45 PM   #56
Ness Lee
VIP

Ness Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Deuce View Post
It's strange, I expect pretty much every hobby to have a shelf life with some people, but almost to a person, interest in battle rap has cooled off. Hell telling Ness I like his music better than his battles today has been the only time discussing battle rap has been even remotely interesting lately
because we had a discussion. something with substance. no ass hurt or trolling. grown man shit
Old 05-28-2015, 11:53 PM   #57
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
battle rappers as a whole aren't getting laid enough & it shows

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:22 AM   #58
Beaux Jangles
bojangles snappin!!!

Mentioned: 386 Post(s)
Beaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyProehl View Post
battle rappers as a whole aren't getting laid enough & it shows
battlers abstinencizin!!!
GoldRaffleBojangles,SnowsCastleBojangles,QuoteSnap pleBojangles,ClothesNaturalBojangles,BrosBlackHole Bojangles,PulpedMangosBojangles,WroteDjangoBojangl es,SoakedFlannelBojangles,RogueAngelBojangles,Home NashvilleBojangles,CrowsHateLawsBojangles,ToveAvri lBojangles,ThrowShrapnelBojangles,GrossRainbowBoja ngles,NoRacialBojangles,RomeStatueBojangles
Beaux Jangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:22 AM   #59
averagejoe

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
@Ness Lee ur right but ima single handledly change it

dont u worry, special has a plan.
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:30 AM   #60
AdarOne
shoots fair ones

Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
AdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Step Easy View Post
Rounds are too long and all of the content is way too similar imo

Battling lacks the comedic traits it once had.
Quote:
bruh, that first statement....the accuracy. gimme 24 minutes or less. if you cant cook a nigga in 3 minutes....a REAL three minutes then its something wrong with your shit
glad you guys know whats up...shit is just boring now

I'm at the point of tuning in just to see anything out of the box

saurus and done was good...classic not really...i watched it twice to review it, by than it was played out
AdarOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:07 AM   #61
Okwerdz
We Have A The Saurus

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Okwerdz is not the worst person
i dont think its dying at all, we are just in WRCs all over again except everyone biting conceited and QP instead of saurus and illmac. this been happening for years: trend catches on, everyone does it to fucking death till battle rap sucks so much and the next thing eventually comes that makes us all excited again.....the jaze juces of the world always fade away and the originators stay and keep kicking ass. i am bored as fuck watching it too ness but dont lose faith battle rap got too much steam and too many supporters to die completely, just got some growing pains & stale periods from time to time.

Last edited by Okwerdz; 05-29-2015 at 01:13 AM.
Okwerdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:12 AM   #62
Okwerdz
We Have A The Saurus

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Okwerdz is not the worst person
also, watch E-ness new battle with bill collector, best thing i seen all year easily.
Okwerdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:13 AM   #63
averagejoe

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
maybe they should start keeping score

u know so its actually competitive................

its almost a reach to call them battles now they just rap offs
rap performances

a battle has a winner and it has a loser
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:49 AM   #64
The Chef
KingOfThaKitchen

The Chef is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Chef is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Chef is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
lol damn near all of your favorites in any league are as old or older than me
Pedro? Charron? Chess? Chef trez? Tsu surf? How old are you anyways brah, any battle rapper over 30 should chill...... Except ICE
A Feat Would Be To Do Lines Completely Unrelated To A Game Or Movie That Clearly Reference Them.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:53 AM   #65
The Chef
KingOfThaKitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okwerdz View Post
i dont think its dying at all, we are just in WRCs all over again except everyone biting conceited and QP instead of saurus and illmac. this been happening for years: trend catches on, everyone does it to fucking death till battle rap sucks so much and the next thing eventually comes that makes us all excited again.....the jaze juces of the world always fade away and the originators stay and keep kicking ass. i am bored as fuck watching it too ness but dont lose faith battle rap got too much steam and too many supporters to die completely, just got some growing pains & stale periods from time to time.
= battle raps jesus christ superstar
Old 05-29-2015, 01:54 AM   #66
PurelyDef
Battle Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef View Post
Pedro? Charron? Chess? Chef trez? Tsu surf? How old are you anyways brah, any battle rapper over 30 should chill...... Except ICE
Most battle rappers these days are over or around 30 because they were in their 20's when shit started popping off around 07

illmac - 29
loaded lux - 30
cassidy - 32
serius jones - 33
ph is like 40 something i think lol

Last edited by PurelyDef; 05-29-2015 at 01:59 AM.
Old 05-29-2015, 02:23 AM   #67
Lebron Jereurghmy
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿(⌐■.■)

Mentioned: 237 Post(s)
Lebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICE
I think its just the novelty of battle rap has worn off, people who have been watching for like ten years or more must be getting tired of the same format every time of course you're not going to have the same fervor for it.

At the same time I think there's still dope matchups to be done and old battles to revisit, but it hasn't really changed much over the years just different bars/jokes to say to be more relevant with the times.

Can't say its dead though, the business and talent pool have just changed. In terms of popularity though smack battles still reach 1 mill views and I see more people talking about it on fb on other forums than they probably would've before- its just reaching out to a different demographic and age group than battle rap used to.

I can tell this is a problem for a lot of people there seems to be a generational gap between people who have been fans of battles since WRC and the first smack DVDs who say its not as good as it used to be but then there are newer fans who don't see anything wrong with whats happening now and aren't even aware of most of the grindtime stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaux Jangles View Post
because I find it extremely fun to blow my load on her face and send her off to her man....crazy...maybe...but life is good!!!

Quote:
I had more in my arsonal I would have fucked you until daylyt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin0 View Post
you are now getting pure facts delivered to your notifications on rmbva and if you dont like you can suck my fat dick
Lebron Jereurghmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 02:26 AM   #68
B.O.B

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
B.O.B is a PY Poster
Quote:
same way i called it when grindtime was dying and everybody thought i was crazy...i'm calling it now...battle rap as a whole? dat nigga dead b

well, not quite dead but its heading that way. i dont think it'll ever be truly dead because at this point its been embedded in us to be here. its a bonafide culture. but in comparison to the ferver there once was, it seems like you all feel the same way

look at all the stickied battles. i havent watched one of them. according to the numbers, a lot of you havent either

but fuck complaining without a solution, what do you think the issue is?

one of my guesses would be lackadasical performances from reputable battlers. im guilty af and promise to not engage in anything i'm not 150% excited about anymore. i think a lot of us are on cruise control. we're jaded and just expect people to fuck with us/hate us. or some of us value money over our brand. or sometimes fans make up their mind as to who won before the battle begins and it affects people in it on some "oh well, fuck winning or losing, i'll be booked again anyway, get money" type shit. what can be done to bring a genuine hunger back? real fans dont want to see niggas rapping to just rap. niggas want competition.

or am i wrong? if so whats your take
You summed up how I feel as a fan.IMO they should bring back judged battles.If its a sport,then you compete for something a record/belt.Would like to see something similar to what GT did,as far as divisions and having their own channel promoting talent form within the region.For me as a fan, Grindtime was the blueprint on developing talent and having a more competitive atmosphere.

Last edited by B.O.B; 05-29-2015 at 02:39 AM.
B.O.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 02:27 AM   #69
Lebron Jereurghmy
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿(⌐■.■)

Mentioned: 237 Post(s)
Lebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICE
there's obviously gotta be something new to revolutionize the game maybe its actually creating a league with corporate sponsors and competitions that matter, maybe its just we're waiting for the next superstar of battle rap to take hold, but honestly Ionno what yall expected... seems like battle rap has always been a niche, take it or leave it kinda thing I think some people had idealistic visions of what battle raps future would be and its not that so it seems like its failing- it just seems like a transitional period right now everythings kinda up for grabs

in terms of qualities of battles though I'd say things are about the same though tbh, we idealize certain dudes and certain moments in battle rap but in terms of rapping ability, content, etc. things overall have prolly gotten better than worse although some people were definitely better back in those hungrier days

Quote:
because I find it extremely fun to blow my load on her face and send her off to her man....crazy...maybe...but life is good!!!

Quote:
I had more in my arsonal I would have fucked you until daylyt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin0 View Post
you are now getting pure facts delivered to your notifications on rmbva and if you dont like you can suck my fat dick
Lebron Jereurghmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 02:33 AM   #70
ICeeZeeI
Oliver ClothesOff

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
ICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time AustraliaICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time Australia
The not trying phase ruined this for me. Im here to watch you. And you dont try. No need to even check if it aint Hitman or a couple others.

You gotta be out of your mind to get paid then you show up with bullshit. Im telling you if they had a 1,000$ best round or best battle of the night on these cards these lazy battlers would show up every time. How could you go wrong?

You couldn't. Everyone on earth wants free 1,000$. Especially if you tried really hard.
ICeeZeeI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 02:39 AM   #71
vokab206
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
vokab206 is not the worst person
Quote:
same way i called it when grindtime was dying and everybody thought i was crazy...i'm calling it now...battle rap as a whole? dat nigga dead b

well, not quite dead but its heading that way. i dont think it'll ever be truly dead because at this point its been embedded in us to be here. its a bonafide culture. but in comparison to the ferver there once was, it seems like you all feel the same way

look at all the stickied battles. i havent watched one of them. according to the numbers, a lot of you havent either

but fuck complaining without a solution, what do you think the issue is?

one of my guesses would be lackadasical performances from reputable battlers. im guilty af and promise to not engage in anything i'm not 150% excited about anymore. i think a lot of us are on cruise control. we're jaded and just expect people to fuck with us/hate us. or some of us value money over our brand. or sometimes fans make up their mind as to who won before the battle begins and it affects people in it on some "oh well, fuck winning or losing, i'll be booked again anyway, get money" type shit. what can be done to bring a genuine hunger back? real fans dont want to see niggas rapping to just rap. niggas want competition.

or am i wrong? if so whats your take
I think it's "watching battles". I would rather go spend a Saturday afternoon or evening at an event watching them live then seeing on Youtube. It takes the fun away. Usually something else distracting you etc, watching at different times, not drinking or with your friends at an event.

It's just stale. The same people are favorited and given attention but then again leagues give you free reign to do what you want and earn a name for yourself. Just too much saturation plus it's not worth the effort.

I did a 3 round 2 minute round battle at AHAT WA and was put on the next channel and it has about 450 views. All of that work for 450 views? Not worth it at all.

I got a battle next Friday in Vancouver and the only way from now on that I'll do battles is if I can get a 10-15 minute set to perform music. Real talk. It's got to be worth our time. It's on to the next generation of battlers. They need to carry the torch. Battling will always be there. Good to take a break every now and again.

soundcloud.com/vokab206
https://vokab206.bandcamp.com/releases
vokab206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 03:15 AM   #72
Neanderthol

Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
Battlerap is alive and well and is going nowhere

shit is a mirrow image of mainstream Hiphop in the sense that ppl walkin round sayin rap sucks now but dope shit drops constantly ,at the rate that u almost can't keep up wit it but if u out the loop or dedicated to a certain sub-genre or somethin that has lost its luster or is not whats poppin currently, you will feel it sucks but the reality is that its your ears are out of date

I happen to love Ness Lee as a battler and I have def noticed this lack of inspiration lately but 'm sorry I can't cosign this sentiment

saying u loved Chilla vs Math but won't watch it an example that shows its not battlerap,its you

I agree wit Okwerdz tho about the trends (minus the bitter salty verbiage) but as he said the trends will continue, as we all know as we seen them continue to cycle

I hope u get back that feeling cuz u are one of those cats (altho largely unsung) that usually transcend these type arguments
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 03:42 AM   #73
Frelarmi

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Frelarmi is a PY Poster
Shit got old. Simple as.

The same reason you loose interest in your favorite video game or favorite TV show over time. It's unavoidable you eventually reach a point where you feel like whatever "new" stuff they introduce you either feel you've seen it before or you grab your nostalgic glasses and convince yourself it was much better before the change.
Frelarmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 03:49 AM   #74
sorryplayer
HookersAtThePoint

sorryplayer is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
all these small leagues throwing random ass events with one big name battle thrown in has fucked some shit up too.
yea that has to be one of my biggest pet peeves with this shit. seen so many cards where there is one decent battle and the rest i wont even check for based on their weird names lol

" twin cans, I'm Steve Austin with the budweiser"
sorryplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 03:51 AM   #75
mek

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
mek is not the worst person
Cause it sounds... like...

Niggas try to... ---- (Stomp feet)

Re-con-struct- a sentence... (move hands around in air like im moving words around in a sentence)

in mid air--///

.. if you dont *u's* a square

here I win/Heroin in vein, I am stamped, bitch

i AM.... on.... a tear! (slow down and emphasize dramatically last line.. punch is only so so, but i pretend its the hottest shit ever)

also.

See AYE VERBS career... i mean. he wakes niggas up early.. he IS a rooster. fucking rooster.

Last edited by mek; 05-29-2015 at 03:57 AM.
mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 03:55 AM   #76
Water Mage

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Water Mage is not the worst person
battles should be hybridized with boxing, rounds of rapping interspersed with rounds of boxing... let's face it, its the only chance to make this shit entertaining and end the perrenial "did pat get punked" debate
Water Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 04:07 AM   #77
ubr0ke
upnorth

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ubr0ke is a PY Poster
the fans ruin battle rap. Over analyzing a battle instead of enjoying it for what it is..entertainment..
its the same way hip hop died in the 90's...backpackers over analyzed and forgot what music is...entertainment...
ubr0ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 04:12 AM   #78
thekotdchain

thekotdchain probably likes in here/hair word play
We get 1000 threads about people starting absolute nonsense and 5 threads worth sifting through to find interesting and enjoyable topics.

We got fucking losers like willyrockbags making 1000 threads a day that are solely created to bait people into arguing, and then fags like brodeezy doing the same shit.

over it.

I used to enjoy talking on the forums.. it's a joke now
  • Pat Stay
  • Real Deal
  • Head Ice

thekotdchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 04:19 AM   #79
Paul Robeson
Loe Pesci's Biggest Fan

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Paul Robeson is not the worst person
Quote:

Been saying this shit for a while homie. This style of entertainment cannot endure. I think it has to die and maybe can come back in a resurrected form years down the road. . or something.

I used to think when I lost interest in battling it was just because there weren't many high tier matchups going down. But nowadays, there is some high tier dude battling every other week and I don't give a shit. Maybe its oversaturation. I dunno. Just got zero interest in this shit for a long time now.
Top Ten White People: 1. Norman Bethune 2. Vladimir Lenin 3. Abraham Lincoln 4. George Carlin 5. John Brown 6. Frank Thompson 7. Lyudmila Pavlichenko 8. Anna Louise Strong 9. Woody Guthrie 10. Tadeusz Kościuszko
Paul Robeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 04:27 AM   #80
Ness Lee
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthol View Post
Battlerap is alive and well and is going nowhere

shit is a mirrow image of mainstream Hiphop in the sense that ppl walkin round sayin rap sucks now but dope shit drops constantly ,at the rate that u almost can't keep up wit it but if u out the loop or dedicated to a certain sub-genre or somethin that has lost its luster or is not whats poppin currently, you will feel it sucks but the reality is that its your ears are out of date

I happen to love Ness Lee as a battler and I have def noticed this lack of inspiration lately but 'm sorry I can't cosign this sentiment

saying u loved Chilla vs Math but won't watch it an example that shows its not battlerap,its you

I agree wit Okwerdz tho about the trends (minus the bitter salty verbiage) but as he said the trends will continue, as we all know as we seen them continue to cycle

I hope u get back that feeling cuz u are one of those cats (altho largely unsung) that usually transcend these type arguments
i definitely said "my interest". there also seems to be more people sharing the sentiment.