Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Martin Shkreli needs to stay gar far away from battle rap

Old 07-25-2016, 01:29 AM   #41
Carl Spackler
Cinderella story

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Carl Spackler is better than Grind Time AustraliaCarl Spackler is better than Grind Time Australia
Shkreli has bars.

Carl Spackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 01:49 AM   #42
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 836 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
Shkreli's fucking hilarious. He is the modern supervillain. Dude's incredibly smart and his "price hike" is geared around making big business pay more -- not the average consumer. He didn't make it inaccessible, he started reform to make big business not want to take advantage of leaps in medicine.

Also, the fucking Wu-Tang thing. Oh my god, he's the best. If Shkreli comes to World Dom, he'll most definitely find the most heel battler at the event and take their corner.
Ur wrong.

Anyways, I'm sure kingfly just did that as a joke or whatever
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 01:53 AM   #43
bobbylight

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
bobbylight is not the worst person
Dude seems alright. I would throw him a hand job if we shared a bunk bed in jail or like a summer camp scenario.
bobbylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 01:57 AM   #44
bobbylight

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
bobbylight is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Deuce View Post
We preach capitalism and then we want business people to be compassionate? That's umm not how it works
There are companies that seem to actually treat customers and workers well and excel in a capitalistic society. I have heard working for Costco is amazing and they pay well above industry average. They also have low prices for consumers and have great customer satisfaction. There is a way to be successful and compassionate. In fact, it is good business to be compassionate to your employees and customers. Pissing people off might help you in the short term but employee and customer loyalty are very important for the long term.
bobbylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 02:00 AM   #45
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbylight View Post
There are companies that seem to actually treat customers and workers well and excel in a capitalistic society. I have heard working for Costco is amazing and they pay well above industry average. They also have low prices for consumers and have great customer satisfaction. There is a way to be successful and compassionate. In fact, it is good business to be compassionate to your employees and customers. Pissing people off might help you in the short term but employee and customer loyalty are very important for the long term.
There's absolutely something to that, but even in that case it's strictly pragmatic. It may well be good business practice for Shkreli to not be a monster, but if not, then we're bashing him for something that any capitalist in his position would do. If we're bashing a system where this sort of thing can be rewarded then cool, sign me up, but if not it feels strange to single him out.
Jack Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 02:33 AM   #46
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Deuce View Post
There's absolutely something to that, but even in that case it's strictly pragmatic. It may well be good business practice for Shkreli to not be a monster, but if not, then we're bashing him for something that any capitalist in his position would do. If we're bashing a system where this sort of thing can be rewarded then cool, sign me up, but if not it feels strange to single him out.
Why not single him out? Sure, the industry is corrupt and he is only a small part of the horrendous business practices in it, but it gives people a figurehead for change. Human nature responds better to 'let's change the industry to prevent more people like Shkreli' than 'let's change the industry because the industry is terrible' which likely means nothing to most people.
Michael Vick/ dogs bars
Unironic kids movie gun bars
Any reference to a movie where you state exactly what happened in that movie without changing it
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 02:39 AM   #47
Ryuha

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Ryuha is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by el gordo View Post
Fuck this site. What the hell happened ???
It's definitely NOT the old RM....
Ryuha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 02:56 AM   #48
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Why not single him out? Sure, the industry is corrupt and he is only a small part of the horrendous business practices in it, but it gives people a figurehead for change. Human nature responds better to 'let's change the industry to prevent more people like Shkreli' than 'let's change the industry because the industry is terrible' which likely means nothing to most people.
Good point. (sorry if that response sounds evasive af, it's just a good point and something I didn't consider)
Jack Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:33 AM   #49
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

Mentioned: 1285 Post(s)
ErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by medium sean View Post
yea trying to buy the gun that killed trayvon martin is super cool lmao

if you like shrekli you're an edgy retard
Lmao did he do that?
ErikForeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:50 AM   #50
griminey

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
griminey is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
Shkreli's fucking hilarious. He is the modern supervillain. Dude's incredibly smart and his "price hike" is geared around making big business pay more -- not the average consumer. He didn't make it inaccessible, he started reform to make big business not want to take advantage of leaps in medicine.

Also, the fucking Wu-Tang thing. Oh my god, he's the best. If Shkreli comes to World Dom, he'll most definitely find the most heel battler at the event and take their corner.
That would be arcane.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
griminey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:54 AM   #51
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Hitchslap is not the worst person
Dizaster about to hold another L from a New Yorker!!!!
Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 04:08 AM   #52
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 640 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
Want to explain to me what's this all about?
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 04:32 AM   #53
nixstix

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
nixstix probably likes in here/hair word play
Martin Shkreli is the man, plus hes ballin..... isnt that what hip hop's all about???

lolol i see a lot of you be salty.....
nixstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 11:40 AM   #54
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
Want to explain to me what's this all about?
The influence of shape shifting lizards on hip hop culture
wwjjddd? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 01:11 PM   #55
medium sean

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
medium sean is better than Grind Time Australiamedium sean is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikForeman View Post
Lmao did he do that?

yeah Google it
medium sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 02:11 PM   #56
SCVTTERBRVIN
Unregistered User

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
SCVTTERBRVIN is not the worst person
Martin Shkreli is cool.
SCVTTERBRVIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 02:28 PM   #57
JonDemarco
I'm Nationwide.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
JonDemarco is not the worst person
Martin Shkreli needs to stay gar far away from battle rap

I don't preach capitalism

Last edited by JonDemarco; 07-25-2016 at 04:28 PM.
JonDemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 06:05 PM   #58
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Didn't know there were so many Trump supporters here.

That's what we are talking about, right?
Old 07-25-2016, 06:24 PM   #59
My Kall

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
This is one of a multitude of reasons I hate battle-rap now, too much corporate interest for my liking. I actually have a hunch that secret investors have instructed the leagues to simplify the content, replace substance with style, perpetuate stereotypes etc. Battle-Rap's just an extension of mainstream Hip-Hop now and if this Martin guy doesn't conquer battle rap, some other hustler will colonize it.
My Kall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 06:31 PM   #60
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
The influence of shape shifting lizards on hip hop culture
Come on man you think I'm going to believe in that bullshit? I don't get brain washed or believe in bull shit but if I want to get distracted I'll play xbox and kick people's ass with ease like it's a game of chess.
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
Old 07-25-2016, 06:43 PM   #61
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Come on man you think I'm going to believe in that bullshit? I don't get brain washed or believe in bull shit but if I want to get distracted I'll play xbox and kick people's ass with ease like it's a game of chess.
Bro I'm not dissing you right now but I will body you on the chess board dog
Old 07-25-2016, 06:51 PM   #62
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Quote:
Bro I'm not dissing you right now but I will body you on the chess board dog
oh a cool way to play a friend in chess is on the Mini Sega Genesis Classic. I like at least 10 games on the console but it's been like that with every console I always play my top 10.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:24 PM   #63
cooldoctormoney

cooldoctormoney is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti View Post
This can't be true.
yeah the dude who paid a million dollars for a fucking wu tang album would never subscribe to a battle rap channel on yt, thats crazy.
cooldoctormoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 11:30 PM   #64
cooldoctormoney

cooldoctormoney is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kall View Post
This is one of a multitude of reasons I hate battle-rap now, too much corporate interest for my liking. I actually have a hunch that secret investors have instructed the leagues to simplify the content, replace substance with style, perpetuate stereotypes etc. Battle-Rap's just an extension of mainstream Hip-Hop now and if this Martin guy doesn't conquer battle rap, some other hustler will colonize it.
you hate battle rap? why do you post here?
cooldoctormoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 11:43 PM   #65
3xthoroughb
Crakk Nicholson

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
3xthoroughb is not the worst person
may have to take a break from this site after reading this thread...smh hall of shame here we come

http://crakknicholson.com/
3xthoroughb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:31 AM   #66
Ryuha

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kall View Post
you sir...are correct
Old 07-26-2016, 03:00 AM   #67
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Quote:
oh a cool way to play a friend in chess is on the Mini Sega Genesis Classic. I like at least 10 games on the console but it's been like that with every console I always play my top 10.
You have an iPhone? Get the chess app dog I think it's called chess with friends
Old 07-26-2016, 03:09 AM   #68
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Quote:
You have an iPhone? Get the chess app dog I think it's called chess with friends
nah I got a government phone that was given to me for free. I got sick of buying phones last year. The first Iphone was in 2009 and it sucked so bad and I paid 500 for it and it was like 1,500 a year to use it. Then in 2014 I had a samsung phone with little data and it always froze and then it stopped working altogether. MY GF has a smartphone and calls it a dumbphone cause even those types are a shitty plan to sign up with. These Damn phone companies are scammers. I'm sorry after like 12 years of shitty phone service I was like fuck it.
Old 07-26-2016, 03:16 AM   #69
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Quote:
nah I got a government phone that was given to me for free. I got sick of buying phones last year. The first Iphone was in 2009 and it sucked so bad and I paid 500 for it and it was like 1,500 a year to use it. Then in 2014 I had a samsung phone with little data and it always froze and then it stopped working altogether. MY GF has a smartphone and calls it a dumbphone cause even those types are a shitty plan to sign up with. These Damn phone companies are scammers. I'm sorry after like 12 years of shitty phone service I was like fuck it.
Thx man I was legit curious about your past regarding cell phones. We might have to play some chess on a website in the future tho
Old 07-26-2016, 01:35 PM   #70
Dog Debarko
Pupper In Charge

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Dog Debarko is not the worst person
Quote:
Thx man I was legit curious about your past regarding cell phones.

https://soundcloud.com/dog-debarko/dogdebarko

*Press SFX buttons*

CLICK ME ->Dog Debarko Hits The Airhorn
Dog Debarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 02:11 PM   #71
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Thx man I was legit curious about your past regarding cell phones.
I can't rep you anymore apparently, so i must publicly say this slayed me

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 03:59 PM   #72
My Kall

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldoctormoney View Post
you hate battle rap? why do you post here?
Because I used to like Battle-Rap when I was a juvenile idiot lol. Over the last 3 years I've done a lot of soul-searching and self-analysis, listened to a lot of historical rare purist Hip-Hop, and it's put into perspective just how preposterous, contaminated and drama/gossip obsessed Battle-Rap is. It's like the leagues have spent the last 5 years trying to emulate TMZ or some shit. To some extent I'm also channelling my own jealousy and low self-esteem into Battle-Rap.

As for this Martin Shkreli guy, I'm sure Kingfly wouldn't have publically co-signed him if he didn't intend on doing business with him in the future.
My Kall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 04:16 PM   #73
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
that video that foreman posted did make the dude look semi-likeable...but the bottom line is that he made a lifesaving drug unaffordable - therefore, he deserves to be despised

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 06:00 PM   #74
Ryuha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
that video that foreman posted did make the dude look semi-likeable...but the bottom line is that he made a lifesaving drug unaffordable - therefore, he deserves to be despised
but he gettin money doh! stop hatin...you
salty mayne!
Old 07-27-2016, 11:48 PM   #75
Nick Vayne
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Nick Vayne has seen da-feet
Lupe knows

Nick Vayne is offline   Reply With Quote