Hollow Da Don Vs Charlie Clips Teaser

Old 01-04-2015, 10:22 PM   #1
hiphopisreal.com
hiphopisreal.com

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
hiphopisreal.com has seen da-feet
Hollow Da Don Vs Charlie Clips Teaser

http://www.hiphopisreal.com Presents Hollow Da Don Vs Charie Clips Teaser

This is a Teaser from the highly anticipated battle between Charlie Clips Vs Hollow Da Don!!!

Please Share, Comment & Subscribe
To Our Channel!!!
https://www.youtube.com/user/HipHopIsRealUniverse
Old 01-04-2015, 10:23 PM   #2
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

Mentioned: 371 Post(s)
uuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarctica
man what a waste of a hollow battle ;
Old 01-04-2015, 10:24 PM   #3
hiphopisreal.com
hiphopisreal.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
man what a waste of a hollow battle ;
Why you say that??? Charlie Clips not worthy???
Old 01-04-2015, 10:26 PM   #4
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

uuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiphopisreal.com View Post
Why you say that??? Charlie Clips not worthy???
he just doesnt bring the fire that it takes to get at hollow ..... we are gonna see "angry eye brows " clips and its gonna be completely plain

as one genius concluded on here like a week ago ---> clips is the real deal of url

there are just better ppl for hollow to be battling STYLE wise ..... and god forbid after this mediocre ass battle we might even have to endure a damn dizaster vs hollow ...........

2015 not looking good so far
Old 01-04-2015, 10:28 PM   #5
Beaux Jangles
bojangles snappin!!!

Mentioned: 386 Post(s)
Beaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICE
I got clips winnin a close one but this shit should be a classic hollow can't write buddens material!!!
GoldRaffleBojangles,SnowsCastleBojangles,QuoteSnap pleBojangles,ClothesNaturalBojangles,BrosBlackHole Bojangles,PulpedMangosBojangles,WroteDjangoBojangl es,SoakedFlannelBojangles,RogueAngelBojangles,Home NashvilleBojangles,CrowsHateLawsBojangles,ToveAvri lBojangles,ThrowShrapnelBojangles,GrossRainbowBoja ngles,NoRacialBojangles,RomeStatueBojangles
Beaux Jangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 10:34 PM   #6
hiphopisreal.com
hiphopisreal.com

Quote:
he just doesnt bring the fire that it takes to get at hollow ..... we are gonna see "angry eye brows " clips and its gonna be completely plain

as one genius concluded on here like a week ago ---> clips is the real deal of url

there are just better ppl for hollow to be battling STYLE wise ..... and god forbid after this mediocre ass battle we might even have to endure a damn dizaster vs hollow ...........

I disagree but i respect your view on this battle.. i think its a classic in the making !!!
Old 01-04-2015, 10:41 PM   #7
slo_mo
Turnt Up For Lil' Boo

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
slo_mo is a PY Poster
Quote:

Yep.

It's a shit style match up. Clips will more than hold his own, and Hollow will win convincingly. By December of next year, I highly doubt anyone recommends this for battle of the year.
slo_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 10:57 PM   #8
BoyWhoCriedWolfLove
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
BoyWhoCriedWolfLove is a PY Poster
Charlie Clips will surprise a lot of people.
BoyWhoCriedWolfLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 11:25 PM   #9
David Deas

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
David Deas is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_mo View Post
Yep.

It's a shit style match up. Clips will more than hold his own, and Hollow will win convincingly. By December of next year, I highly doubt anyone recommends this for battle of the year.
Thats laughable.

You tell me what version of Hollow that we have seen in the past couple of years could beat Clips?

Is it the Hollow that faced Surf? Nope. He'd get killed.

Is it the Hollow that faced Lux? Nope. He'd lose.

Is it the Hollow that faced Joe Budden? Nope. He'd die just as good.

You want to predict a Hollow win? Fine. But just know that anybody saying that Hollow might beat Clips is banking on seeing an entirely new version of Hollow that we just have not seen anywhere on camera in the last couple of years. Honesty, anywhere *ever*

OTOH. There are several versions of Clips that shit on Hollow's best recent performances.
David Deas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 11:28 PM   #10
David Deas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyWhoCriedWolfLove View Post
Charlie Clips will surprise a lot of people.
Only if he loses.

People who don't follow battle rap religiously are not as impressed by Hollow. A lot of casual fans who only watch the important battles don't see anything special about him. And I don't blame them.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:35 PM   #11
BoyWhoCriedWolfLove
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Deas View Post
Only if he loses.

People who don't follow battle rap religiously are not as impressed by Hollow. A lot of casual fans who only watch the important battles don't see anything special about him. And I don't blame them.
Hollow Da Don is the favorite though, either way. He is coming off of beating Joe Budden while Charlie Clips just lost to Charron. Not saying that either of those things really matters when evaluating their respective talents, but they do reflect on their statuses. Charlie Clips is top tier, but Hollow Da Don is super top tier. Regardless, I do think Clips battling so often has fooled people into believing he can't be one of the most potent writers in the game when he's focused, which is why I said he would surprise a lot of people. People are expecting the same Clips they saw against Charron or Illmaculate. That clearly will not be the case. Expect something like his T-Rex performance except much more personally hard-hitting. I also expect Hollow to be just as, if not more, prepared. He's clearly been writing for Clips since around the time of the Goodz battle.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:10 AM   #12
Beaux Jangles
bojangles snappin!!!

Mentioned: 386 Post(s)
Beaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICE
Quote:
Hollow Da Don is the favorite though, either way. He is coming off of beating Joe Budden while Charlie Clips just lost to Charron. Not saying that either of those things really matters when evaluating their respective talents, but they do reflect on their statuses. Charlie Clips is top tier, but Hollow Da Don is super top tier. Regardless, I do think Clips battling so often has fooled people into believing he can't be one of the most potent writers in the game when he's focused, which is why I said he would surprise a lot of people. People are expecting the same Clips they saw against Charron or Illmaculate. That clearly will not be the case. Expect something like his T-Rex performance except much more personally hard-hitting. I also expect Hollow to be just as, if not more, prepared. He's clearly been writing for Clips since around the time of the Goodz battle.
i get what you're sayin but REALLY clips is comin off destroyin trex...I know you may care about the charoon thing but it's pretty much nonexistent!!!
GoldRaffleBojangles,SnowsCastleBojangles,QuoteSnap pleBojangles,ClothesNaturalBojangles,BrosBlackHole Bojangles,PulpedMangosBojangles,WroteDjangoBojangl es,SoakedFlannelBojangles,RogueAngelBojangles,Home NashvilleBojangles,CrowsHateLawsBojangles,ToveAvri lBojangles,ThrowShrapnelBojangles,GrossRainbowBoja ngles,NoRacialBojangles,RomeStatueBojangles
Beaux Jangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 12:27 AM   #13
wreker17

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
wreker17 is a PY Poster
Quote:
I doubt hollow been writing that long, I know he had a bar about him but he only had like 1 or 2 battles at the time, his battle with clips only really been thought of since the lux battle. He'll be very prepped though no doubt, as will clips, his career has been building towards this battle.

Personally I don't think I've seen a clips performance vs anyone that's as good as hollow vs big t or lux. He was nice vs Rex but I one thing that annoys me about him is his rhyming is still fairly basic. He still relies on only rhyming at the end of each bar. I also still rate hollow as the better freestyler.
wreker17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 12:57 AM   #14
CBA

Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
CBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICE
Honestly, I think the Don is going to fuck Clips up. He went light on Joe Budden, but don't forget, 90% of the people thought Lux was like the God tier of this battle rap stuff until Hollow knocked him off. Clips is good, but the Real Deal comparison is accurate I think. It's like he's missing something, maybe it's a lack of aggression or something else, but I got Hollow winning.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 01:13 AM   #15
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE
hollow hasn't had a clear W in years
@VapeHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 01:20 AM   #16
averagejoe

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by @VapeHop View Post

averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 02:11 AM   #17
David Deas

Quote:
Exactly.

To say he's going to clearly beat Clips is insane. He couldn't clearly beat Surf, who Clips smoked like a bubble gum cigarette.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:24 AM   #18
David Deas

Quote:
The only people who saw Clips vs Illmac and Clips vs Charron in the first place are battle rap geeks. Casual fans have not seen those battles, as evidenced by the very low number of views, and do not care about those battles. Nobody really cares about those battles.

However, casual fans did see the Hollow battle versus Lux and the Hollow battle versus Budden. Lot of views there. So, the general consensus amongst casual fans about Hollow is that, thats the sort Hollow we can expect. He's not expected to beat Clips, who is coming off of a performance at Summer Madness the caliber of Hollow has never delivered in his entire career.

Like I said before. Casual fans are not so impressed with Hollow because Hollow hasn't given much material to be impressed by in his last two out of three main stage appearances. Only battle rap geeks hold him in that high of a regard. He's not expected to beat Clips.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:33 AM   #19
David Deas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharronBeatArsonal View Post
Honestly, I think the Don is going to fuck Clips up. He went light on Joe Budden, but don't forget, 90% of the people thought Lux was like the God tier of this battle rap stuff until Hollow knocked him off. Clips is good, but the Real Deal comparison is accurate I think. It's like he's missing something, maybe it's a lack of aggression or something else, but I got Hollow winning.
Lux is still at the top by virtue of the fact that he gave a performance that is still considered the gold standard for big stage events, and has yet to be equaled by any battle rapper at any major event since.

And I don't agree that Hollow "knocked him off" at all. Not acknowledging that the battle was debatable is just not acknowledging reality. Mook is the one who clearly beat Lux. Not Hollow.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:35 AM   #20
BoyWhoCriedWolfLove
Banned

Quote:
The only people who saw Clips vs Illmac and Clips vs Charron in the first place are battle rap geeks. Casual fans have not seen those battles, as evidenced by the very low number of views, and do not care about those battles. Nobody really cares about those battles.

However, casual fans did see the Hollow battle versus Lux and the Hollow battle versus Budden. Lot of views there. So, the general consensus amongst casual fans about Hollow is that, thats the sort Hollow we can expect. He's not expected to beat Clips, who is coming off of a performance at Summer Madness the caliber of Hollow has never delivered in his entire career.

Like I said before. Casual fans are not so impressed with Hollow because Hollow hasn't given much material to be impressed by in his last two out of three main stage appearances. Only battle rap geeks hold him in that high of a regard. He's not expected to beat Clips.
Plenty of casual fans have not seen Charlie Clips vs T-Rex either. While it clearly has way more views than either of the two other recent Clips battles, the casual fan doesn't really have any more exposure to it. The extra views can be attributed to multiple viewings, more page subscriptions and people caring more about T-Rex than Charron or Illmaculate. It's not as if there's a huge fan base that watched the T-Rex battle, but is completely unaware of Clips' performances in KOTD. Charlie Clips vs T-Rex isn't a culturally iconic battle like Loaded Lux vs Calicoe or Loaded Lux vs Hollow Da Don so you don't have a completely new audience coming in to watch it. It was just more popular within the confines of battle rap as it is.

Hollow was completely right about his name being synonymous with battle rap just like Murda Mook and Loaded Lux, but Charlie Clips is not in that category. It's not a comment on his ability, just the fact that he didn't build his brand as effectively and hasn't proven as much to as many people. If Clips was more active on camera earlier in the game, things may be different. As things are though, Hollow Da Don has a higher status in battle rap than Charlie Clips. Hollow is a no-brainer on the battle rap Mt. Rushmore, while Clips is still fighting to hopefully earn his spot one day soon, possibly with this battle.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:36 AM   #21
StabYourself
Seasoned Fan

Mentioned: 337 Post(s)
StabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Hollow is gonna have to Big T clips tbh
StabYourself is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 02:49 AM   #22
ekelon
Banned

Mentioned: 591 Post(s)
ekelon Three rounds of Loe Pesci chokesekelon Three rounds of Loe Pesci chokesekelon Three rounds of Loe Pesci chokes
Not excited.
ekelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 03:10 AM   #23
David Deas

Quote:
Plenty of casual fans have not seen Charlie Clips vs T-Rex either. While it clearly has way more views than either of the two other recent Clips battles, the casual fan doesn't really have any more exposure to it. The extra views can be attributed to multiple viewings, more page subscriptions and people caring more about T-Rex than Charron or Illmaculate.
Seems arbitrary.

Why not? Why isn't the much, much higher view count attributable to a greater amount of eyes having viewed the battle? Why is it necessarily all a bunch of repeats rather than the much more simple explanation which doesn't require that I bend over backwards with my reasoning?

I mean. To start with, you have a lot of casual fans who only watch the big important events. Summer Madness. Total Slaughter. Ether. They're never gonna care enough to look at these smaller events in the first place regardless of who is rapping.

Then on top of that, many of those folks are only going to care about the must see battles within those events. The must see battles being the ones that are getting a lot of press or buzz for whatever reasons; those reasons usually being either somebody got punched or somebody gave some kind of great performance for the ages.

So why not the simplest explanation?

Quote:
It's not as if there's a huge fan base that watched the T-Rex battle, but is completely unaware of Clips' performances in KOTD.
Why not?

If nothing remarkable happened in the KOTD battle, then why not? Its just another one of the hundreds of battles per year that now take place that the casual fan has little interest in keeping up with.

I know casual battle rap fans who did not watch the Cassidy battle because they heard it was total ass.

Last edited by David Deas; 01-05-2015 at 03:14 AM.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:10 AM   #24
averagejoe

averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
hollow gonna show yall why hes #1
Old 01-05-2015, 03:57 AM   #25
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 836 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I've never been one to think that hollow is on a tier above all the other top tier URL type battlers, but that's how it seems like he's been treated the last few years. Like, I really wanna see evidence that he's on a level above your aye verbs and your tsu surfs, etc. what has he done that is so spectacular?
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 04:03 AM   #26
David Deas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdk View Post
I've never been one to think that hollow is on a tier above all the other top tier URL type battlers, but that's how it seems like he's been treated the last few years. Like, I really wanna see evidence that he's on a level above your aye verbs and your tsu surfs, etc. what has he done that is so spectacular?
Nothing. Certainly nothing in the last three or so years.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:18 AM   #27
hiphopisreal.com
hiphopisreal.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by stabyourself View Post
hollow is gonna have to big t clips tbh
yes but clips way better then big t
Old 01-05-2015, 04:33 AM   #28
BoyWhoCriedWolfLove
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiphopisreal.com View Post
yes but clips way better then big t
Big T beat Clips, but you're right.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:39 AM   #29
Maven

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Maven probably likes in here/hair word play
massive battle!
Maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 12:12 AM   #30
CBA

Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
CBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICE
Quote:
Lux is still at the top by virtue of the fact that he gave a performance that is still considered the gold standard for big stage events, and has yet to be equaled by any battle rapper at any major event since.

And I don't agree that Hollow "knocked him off" at all. Not acknowledging that the battle was debatable is just not acknowledging reality. Mook is the one who clearly beat Lux. Not Hollow.
I don't know on this one, I think Lux did give a good performance but it helped that the crowd dick rode him hard. I think for UW, the environment was had some bias against Hollow too, and Mook just re-used angles that Hollow pretty much came up with. Not to mention it looked like Lux choked in the second and third, whereas against Hollow, Lux had no slip ups at all.

Clips took an L to B Magic too, honestly I think Clips just has a lot of opponents that shit the bed, but he won't find that with Hollow I bet.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 01:58 AM   #31
hiphopisreal.com
hiphopisreal.com

Quote:
Big T beat Clips, but you're right.
Big T beat Clips when and where???
Old 01-11-2015, 04:57 AM   #32
David Deas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharronBeatArsonal View Post
I don't know on this one, I think Lux did give a good performance but it helped that the crowd dick rode him hard. I think for UW, the environment was had some bias against Hollow too, and Mook just re-used angles that Hollow pretty much came up with. Not to mention it looked like Lux choked in the second and third, whereas against Hollow, Lux had no slip ups at all.

Clips took an L to B Magic too, honestly I think Clips just has a lot of opponents that shit the bed, but he won't find that with Hollow I bet.
I don't remember Clips losing to Magic, but its OK if he did. Magic is underrated. Very hard to really beat Magic when he's hitting you with those heavy bars and flows.

Out of the 15 battles Clips had last year he probably only battled for stripes a handful of times. And in those battles for stripes Clips hardly ever disappoints. You have battles against low tier fodder like Illmac and Heartless. You have battles against mid tier rappers on bootleg leagues like against Marv and Red. But none of those battles were for stripes.

This battle with Hollow will be for stripes. The last battle Clips had for stripes was against Rex and I expect to see the same Clips. Hollow, OTOH? I honestly don't know what he's going to do. What angles is he going to take? There are so many angles to take against Hollow, but virtually none to take against Clips. I don't know how people expect him to win.
Old 01-11-2015, 11:45 AM   #33
Lucid Jackson
Banned

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Lucid Jackson is a PY Poster
Hollow da best finna be a classic if not I'm going to be sad
Lucid Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 12:29 PM   #34
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Hitchslap is not the worst person
Quote:
Slap yourself ya fucking dimwit.
Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 02:18 PM   #35
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchslap View Post
Slap yourself ya fucking dimwit.

oh its that lil tryhard fuckboy stan again.

surf = most ppl said surf actually won, when footage came out it was still split

lux = probably 50/50 when it happened 60/40 to hollow over time.

budden = same shit. and really its a lot like the cassidy/diz battle where hollow lost for making it even questionable.

im not personally saying he's lost any/all of these battles but there were certainly a large number of ppl who said he lost when they all dropped.
Old 01-11-2015, 02:30 PM   #36
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

are u idiots seriously talking about Ws and Ls ........... its RARE for there to be clear Ws or Ls in this day n age

the fuck is wrong with u morons ....... its about the quality of the performances ......... hollows performance vs buttons was weak and actually kinda awkward - he was lucky that buttons put the mic down or else he woulda lost (IMO ) ; hollow vs lux is a classic ; hollow vs surf was a waste of time similar to this clips vs hollow battle ;

i really cant understand why anyone would want to drag down hollow hes part of the elite best in the whole damn thing .........
Old 01-11-2015, 03:09 PM   #37
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Hitchslap is not the worst person
Quote:
oh its that lil tryhard fuckboy stan again.

surf = most ppl said surf actually won, when footage came out it was still split

lux = probably 50/50 when it happened 60/40 to hollow over time.

budden = same shit. and really its a lot like the cassidy/diz battle where hollow lost for making it even questionable.

im not personally saying he's lost any/all of these battles but there were certainly a large number of ppl who said he lost when they all dropped.
miss me with that most ppl said surf won/budden bullshit

it must be convenient to just make shit up

Tsu Surf 30 23.26%
Hollow Da Don 99 76.74%

View Poll Results: who won?
Hollow 354 72.39%
Budden 135 27.61%

yeah these are lookin' neck and neck.....

You're a lame making lame shit up. Stay in your lane.
Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 03:59 PM   #38
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

oh right i forgot in sweden battle rap exists entirely via this forum for ya... carry on
Old 01-12-2015, 03:50 AM   #39
averagejoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchslap View Post
miss me with that most ppl said surf won/budden bullshit

it must be convenient to just make shit up

Tsu Surf 30 23.26%
Hollow Da Don 99 76.74%

View Poll Results: who won?
Hollow 354 72.39%
Budden 135 27.61%

yeah these are lookin' neck and neck.....

You're a lame making lame shit up. Stay in your lane.
i love factual argumemts vs hypothetical onez
Old 01-12-2015, 04:44 AM   #40
David Deas

Quote:
are u idiots seriously talking about Ws and Ls ........... its RARE for there to be clear Ws or Ls in this day n age

the fuck is wrong with u morons ....... its about the quality of the performances ......... hollows performance vs buttons was weak and actually kinda awkward - he was lucky that buttons put the mic down or else he woulda lost (IMO ) ; hollow vs lux is a classic ; hollow vs surf was a waste of time similar to this clips vs hollow battle ;

i really cant understand why anyone would want to drag down hollow hes part of the elite best in the whole damn thing .........
Hollow hasn't really earned his reputation. He's been good, but not great.

Tags
charlie clips, hhir, hiphopisreal.com, hollow da don, nome 5, urltv.tv