Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
The Tiers of Battle Rap


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2016, 12:54 AM   #1
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎
 
peace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,314
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
The Tiers of Battle Rap

there seems to be a lot of ambiguity when talking about the tiers of battle rap, so i'll give this a shot.

this is only my opinion. i say it's only my opinion because i'm open to discuss this and change my mind. i do think that i'm on the right track, though. feel free to point out the flaws if you disagree.

sorry for the length. twss.


Top Tier

top tiers are battlers who are able to regularly (key phrase: are *able* to regularly) headline grand events for one of the 3 major leagues. i'm talking about world domination, blackout, nome, summer madness, DF birthday warmup, checkpoint, etc. etc. if you're not among these battlers, then you're not top tier. simple as that.

The Icons
the absolute kings of battle rap. no one can touch their prestige. basically, this means only mook and lux, but hollow can be here with time.

The Rest

examples: charlie clips, tay roc, pat stay, dizaster, shotty horroh, tony d.


Mid Tier

Upper-mid Tier
battlers who can definitely draw attention but just not at the level of top tiers. they can be the headline of smaller (but not irrelevant) events. for example, smaller URL NY events, KOTD cali, DFUSA, etc. upper-mids can share a headline against top tiers, but only rarely do they headline anything bigger than what i just mentioned.

examples: john john da don, k-shine, dna, chilla jones, daylyt, charron, rone, bigg k, soul, raptor, ogmios.

Middle-mid Tier
right in the middle. whether or not they can headline a small, but relevant event depends on the league. DFUSA seems to be more liberal with letting mid-carders headline, but URL NY and KOTD cali... eh, not as much. most mid-carders typically aren't household names and can easily be the main event of local events.

examples: e ness, determination over trust!!!!!, madflex, sketch menace, ch-ch-cheddaaaa.

depending on their talent, popularity, skill, or relationship with the league they're under, beef with a certain battler, etc., others can be able to reach out into upper-mid tier opponents. (this is a bit confusing as it somewhat distorts the fine line between upper-mid tier and mid tier).

examples: th3 saga, gjonaj, qp (sons), uno lavoz, big kannon, ness lee, kid twist, 100 bulletz, pedro, quill.

Lower-mid Tier
battlers who hold little relevance for whatever particular reason. fresh GZ and training days graduates are here, but it's safe to say that some guys who are still in the PGs are here too.

examples of developmental graduates: jay rell is the only one i can think of. BUT... soon there will be ya boy dank schrader!!!!, frak, coma, illipsis, isaac knox, and i know i'm forgetting a few others.

PG examples: mike p and ave have gained enough traction for me to already consider them lower-mid tier.


other examples: anyone who is at the bottom of a card at DF/KOTD event.


Bottom Tier

absolutely no relevance. either a) they're still in developmental leagues or b) you've never heard their name before.

Last edited by peace; 01-28-2016 at 12:57 AM.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 02:01 AM   #2
Rapsin
Queensbridge Murderer
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 374
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Rapsin is not the worst person
lol, there are some normal people on this forum, props (Y).

I don't agree with the tiers being important anymore anyways, but looking at your list

I feel like if there was, there should be 3 placings in the top tier as well.

Legends: Mook, Lux and Hollow very soon
Upper Top Tiers (close to Legend Status) & Normal Top Tier.

Dizaster, Conceited, The Saurus, Aye Verb, Surf, Clips, Hitman, Arsonal, Yung Ill & Rex (and more) are people that can't leave the top tier category because at one point they were either Top 3 or GOAT.

Then theres current top tiers, which are much of your top middle tier list like: DNA, K-Shine, Cortez, Daylyt, Bigg K, Pass etc.
Rapsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 02:01 AM   #3
Rapsin
Queensbridge Murderer
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 374
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Rapsin is not the worst person
Nobody cry on this thread too though at the end of the day it opinionated !
Rapsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 02:03 AM   #4
barack mo drama
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 891
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
barack mo drama is not the worst person
I like this, i think there needs to be a few rearrangements but its good

Did math knock the icon status out of serius?
barack mo drama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 02:05 AM   #5
barack mo drama
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 891
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
barack mo drama is not the worst person
Thesaurus is legendary tho, I think you can argue diz too

There should be a super top tier and top tier

Last edited by barack mo drama; 01-28-2016 at 02:08 AM.
barack mo drama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 03:48 AM   #6
Emancee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3,856
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Not sure why Tay Roc is on your top-tier list. In like him too, but by your own criteria, he should be lower down. When would Tay Roc ever headlined a major event?!?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathstare View Post
and emancee is a faggot
Finally, after years of abuse, Manik snaps and, just like in the Illmac/ Saurus battle, unleashes some of the angriest texting ever.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 03:55 AM   #7
paddy87
Registered User
 
paddy87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,155
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
paddy87 is better than Grind Time Australiapaddy87 is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Not sure why Tay Roc is on your top-tier list. In like him too, but by your own criteria, he should be lower down. When would Tay Roc ever headlined a major event?!?
vs john john at a perfect day to die
__________________
"i only learned to swim because i had bridges to burn"

@hectorbizerk
paddy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 04:10 AM   #8
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎
 
peace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,314
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Not sure why Tay Roc is on your top-tier list. In like him too, but by your own criteria, he should be lower down. When would Tay Roc ever headlined a major event?!?
he was the main event for nome 5 against surf. and after the year he's had, he can certainly main event another big URL event.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:10 AM   #9
LukeWaltonisGoat
Registered User
 
LukeWaltonisGoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 3,540
Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
We're just gonna stay sleep like rex isn't a legend/icon? Good post tho
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
what in the pg-stepping fuck are we doing with Dre Dennis, b?
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
you are the sturdy femurs that keep this forum upright

@I am LIL ILL is the heart
LukeWaltonisGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:21 AM   #10
mike rigs
#trusttheplug
 
mike rigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Show Me State
Posts: 4,097
Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Tony D top tier???
mike rigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:25 AM   #11
SpecialOh
©
 
SpecialOh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 13,837
Mentioned: 1155 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike rigs View Post
Tony D top tier???
And chedda mid....

This guy is fd
SpecialOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:25 AM   #12
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎
 
peace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,314
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike rigs View Post
Tony D top tier???
hahaha out of a select DF battlers i watch, i don't know much about the UK side. never watched much of tony d. wasn't tony d champion and commonly in main events at one point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
And chedda mid....

This guy is fd
chedda is certified god tier but in battle rap, yeah. he's mid tier.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:27 AM   #13
Ness Lee
VIP
 
Ness Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,047
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Ness Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time Australia
i'm cool with that.

but john john, daylyt, dna, and k shine are all very top tier

i also have to add that once damn near every single fan of battle rap knows who you are, you are top tier. i'd at the very least put e ness at the upper mid spot. as well as dot
Ness Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:51 AM   #14
SpecialOh
©
 
SpecialOh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 13,837
Mentioned: 1155 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
hahaha out of a select DF battlers i watch, i don't know much about the UK side. never watched much of tony d. wasn't tony d champion and commonly in main events at one point?



chedda is certified god tier but in battle rap, yeah. he's mid tier.

He is not mid tier

Chedda same skill as step easy?
SpecialOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 12:01 PM   #15
theTruth
voice of reason
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 666
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
theTruth is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by barack mo drama View Post
I like this, i think there needs to be a few rearrangements but its good

Did math knock the icon status out of serius?
Perhaps Math did..Jones has a prestigious battle legacy..debatable win over Mook, first one to BODY Jin tha Emcee, fight klub darn near if not undefeated, great freestyer..accolades that ,if that KO didnt happen, would have his icon status higher imo
theTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 12:30 PM   #16
Prelec
Battlerapper
 
Prelec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: LAND OF THE DUTCH
Posts: 3,519
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Prelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
He is not mid tier
chedda is mid
__________________
ɔǝןǝɹd
Prelec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 12:44 PM   #17
phoenix
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 608
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
phoenix is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
there seems to be a lot of ambiguity when talking about the tiers of battle rap, so i'll give this a shot.

this is only my opinion. i say it's only my opinion because i'm open to discuss this and change my mind. i do think that i'm on the right track, though. feel free to point out the flaws if you disagree.

sorry for the length. twss.


Top Tier

top tiers are battlers who are able to regularly (key phrase: are *able* to regularly) headline grand events for one of the 3 major leagues. i'm talking about world domination, blackout, nome, summer madness, DF birthday warmup, checkpoint, etc. etc. if you're not among these battlers, then you're not top tier. simple as that.

The Icons
the absolute kings of battle rap. no one can touch their prestige. basically, this means only mook and lux, but hollow can be here with time.

The Rest

examples: charlie clips, tay roc, pat stay, dizaster, shotty horroh, tony d.


Mid Tier

Upper-mid Tier
battlers who can definitely draw attention but just not at the level of top tiers. they can be the headline of smaller (but not irrelevant) events. for example, smaller URL NY events, KOTD cali, DFUSA, etc. upper-mids can share a headline against top tiers, but only rarely do they headline anything bigger than what i just mentioned.

examples: john john da don, k-shine, dna, chilla jones, daylyt, charron, rone, bigg k, soul, raptor, ogmios.

Middle-mid Tier
right in the middle. whether or not they can headline a small, but relevant event depends on the league. DFUSA seems to be more liberal with letting mid-carders headline, but URL NY and KOTD cali... eh, not as much. most mid-carders typically aren't household names and can easily be the main event of local events.

examples: e ness, determination over trust!!!!!, madflex, sketch menace, ch-ch-cheddaaaa.

depending on their talent, popularity, skill, or relationship with the league they're under, beef with a certain battler, etc., others can be able to reach out into upper-mid tier opponents. (this is a bit confusing as it somewhat distorts the fine line between upper-mid tier and mid tier).

examples: th3 saga, gjonaj, qp (sons), uno lavoz, big kannon, ness lee, kid twist, 100 bulletz, pedro, quill.

Lower-mid Tier
battlers who hold little relevance for whatever particular reason. fresh GZ and training days graduates are here, but it's safe to say that some guys who are still in the PGs are here too.

examples of developmental graduates: jay rell is the only one i can think of. BUT... soon there will be ya boy dank schrader!!!!, frak, coma, illipsis, isaac knox, and i know i'm forgetting a few others.

PG examples: mike p and ave have gained enough traction for me to already consider them lower-mid tier.


other examples: anyone who is at the bottom of a card at DF/KOTD event.


Bottom Tier

absolutely no relevance. either a) they're still in developmental leagues or b) you've never heard their name before.
Where is Illmac, The Saurus, Conceited,...?
phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 06:12 PM   #18
SpecialOh
©
 
SpecialOh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 13,837
Mentioned: 1155 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelec View Post
chedda is mid

yall just bias charron a lil shit but he eats URL rappers and proved hes 2nd best in Canada after pat

chedda washed charron

prob bad example but just watch him roast on this card prob be most entertaining battle
SpecialOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 06:36 PM   #19
Prelec
Battlerapper
 
Prelec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: LAND OF THE DUTCH
Posts: 3,519
Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Prelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICEPrelec is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
yall just bias charron a lil shit but he eats URL rappers and proved hes 2nd best in Canada after pat

chedda washed charron

prob bad example but just watch him roast on this card prob be most entertaining battle
Like I give a fuck about charron

Chedda might be entertaining but he's mid
__________________
ɔǝןǝɹd
Prelec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 06:37 PM   #20
SpecialOh
©
 
SpecialOh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 13,837
Mentioned: 1155 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
ur moms fat
SpecialOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 01:47 AM   #21
VAallDAY
Registered User
 
VAallDAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: 122 SOUTH GUNS DREW HILL
Posts: 5,413
Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
VAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
lol AT putting soul, raptor n ogmios(WHO???) in the same category as bigg k, daylyt and chilla jones........
VAallDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 01:51 AM   #22
Paul Robeson
Loe Pesci's Biggest Fan
 
Paul Robeson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,072
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Paul Robeson is not the worst person
Who the fuck is this top tier guy called "Tony D" that I've never even heard of?
__________________
Top Ten White People: 1. Norman Bethune 2. Vladimir Lenin 3. Abraham Lincoln 4. George Carlin 5. John Brown 6. Frank Thompson 7. Lyudmila Pavlichenko 8. Anna Louise Strong 9. Woody Guthrie 10. Tadeusz Kościuszko
Paul Robeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 01:51 AM   #23
Paul Robeson
Loe Pesci's Biggest Fan
 
Paul Robeson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,072
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Paul Robeson is not the worst person
lol seriously how the fuck is Tony D top tier? I've never heard of this person.
__________________
Top Ten White People: 1. Norman Bethune 2. Vladimir Lenin 3. Abraham Lincoln 4. George Carlin 5. John Brown 6. Frank Thompson 7. Lyudmila Pavlichenko 8. Anna Louise Strong 9. Woody Guthrie 10. Tadeusz Kościuszko
Paul Robeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 01:53 AM   #24
Paul Robeson
Loe Pesci's Biggest Fan
 
Paul Robeson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,072
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Paul Robeson is not the worst person
I don't understand the OP because too much of it makes sense to be trolling but then he includes a random no name in the top tier.
__________________
Top Ten White People: 1. Norman Bethune 2. Vladimir Lenin 3. Abraham Lincoln 4. George Carlin 5. John Brown 6. Frank Thompson 7. Lyudmila Pavlichenko 8. Anna Louise Strong 9. Woody Guthrie 10. Tadeusz Kościuszko
Paul Robeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 02:00 AM   #25
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎
 
peace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,314
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAallDAY View Post
lol AT putting soul, raptor n ogmios(WHO???) in the same category as bigg k, daylyt and chilla jones........
UK battlers in general are unknown compared to north americans. but for DF standards, i'd say they're somewhat in the right place imo. maybe i made a mistake by placing some, but i don't think i'm too far off considering the leagues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Robeson View Post
I don't understand the OP because too much of it makes sense to be trolling but then he includes a random no name in the top tier.
if tony d ain't top tier by DF's standards, then that's my bad.

Last edited by peace; 01-29-2016 at 02:03 AM.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 02:05 AM   #26
Paul Robeson
Loe Pesci's Biggest Fan
 
Paul Robeson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,072
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Paul Robeson is not the worst person
UK battlers don't get to be "top tier" just because they are the best in their little corner of the battle world.
__________________
Top Ten White People: 1. Norman Bethune 2. Vladimir Lenin 3. Abraham Lincoln 4. George Carlin 5. John Brown 6. Frank Thompson 7. Lyudmila Pavlichenko 8. Anna Louise Strong 9. Woody Guthrie 10. Tadeusz Kościuszko
Paul Robeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 02:21 AM   #27
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎
 
peace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,314
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Robeson View Post
UK battlers don't get to be "top tier" just because they are the best in their little corner of the battle world.
i disagree. they're in the tiers. most of them aren't among north americans and in north america, but DF and the UK scene is relevant enough to acknowledge its tiers.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 07:43 PM   #28
My Kall
Registered User
 
My Kall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,478
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
Dope thread, and dope avatar @peace

However I personally don't think you can be top-tier if you battle 20 times per year on a Charlie Clips vibe, that is disastrous branding and you relegate yourself to mid tier. Lower supply = higher demand, this is why Tay Roc and Tsu Surf are top-tier and Arsonal no longer is.
My Kall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 08:00 PM   #29
My Kall
Registered User
 
My Kall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,478
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness Lee View Post
i'm cool with that.

but john john, daylyt, dna, and k shine are all very top tier

i also have to add that once damn near every single fan of battle rap knows who you are, you are top tier. i'd at the very least put e ness at the upper mid spot. as well as dot
Look at my post count, and I've never heard of Dot.

I think you'd have to be quite a fanatical Battle-Rap fan to have heard of John John Da Don and maybe even K-Shine. I never heard of either until I was on RM.com. They're definitely not top-tier in my book. Neither are Daylyt or DNA, but that's mostly due to over-saturation.

Battle-Rap's getting more compartmentalized and segregated again, so just because you're renowned in one sub-category of battle-rap, doesn't mean you're gonna be a universal icon who everybody recognizes.
My Kall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 12:47 AM   #30
Ness Lee
VIP
 
Ness Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,047
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Ness Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kall View Post
Look at my post count, and I've never heard of Dot.

I think you'd have to be quite a fanatical Battle-Rap fan to have heard of John John Da Don and maybe even K-Shine. I never heard of either until I was on RM.com. They're definitely not top-tier in my book. Neither are Daylyt or DNA, but that's mostly due to over-saturation.

Battle-Rap's getting more compartmentalized and segregated again, so just because you're renowned in one sub-category of battle-rap, doesn't mean you're gonna be a universal icon who everybody recognizes.
you hearing of them or not means nothing.

you dont battle hitman holla in an early summer madness and not be top tier. if you know smack you know k shine, john john, and dot. which means if you know battle rap period you know them. i was....reaching....with dot. but everything else i said stands

DNA and Daylyt are as big as youre going to get without being Lux or Mook. Daylyt is more popular than battle rap. if that doesnt make him top tier i dont know what does
Ness Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
Forum Stats
Members: 5,521
Threads: 26,864
Posts: 729,799
Total Online: 1558

Newest Member: Deep

Latest Threads
- by Emancee
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:36 AM.