Old 03-12-2014, 11:32 PM   #201
SuperNegger
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
SuperNegger is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by KebertXela View Post
^^^super negger job huntin!!!
That would be amazing to be able to help bring you guys these events live.

Light travels at 186,000 miles per second. In a single year light will travel 5,865,696,000,000 miles. It would take 100,000 light years to travel, in a straight line, from one side of our galaxy to the other at the speed of light. The nearest galaxy is 2,000,000 light years away from ours. More galaxies exist in the Universe than there are grains of sand on every beach on Earth.

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - Albert Einstein
SuperNegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:33 PM   #202
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Mentioned: 637 Post(s)
King Fly is not the worst person
Quote:
come on guys, they did give us that gastown ppv for free.

i am not sure how this whole intranets works, fucking tubes and shit, but could kotd set up a second page through the same company that they only share with people who bought the previous BO4 ppv could access and buy. that way its not two options from the same page like wd, but two separate pages with only one option per page.

just spit balling so kingfly please dont tell me to just a fan and stick to watching the battles. i dont like you when you're mean.

looking at some of the recent battles/match ups they have offered, has kotd ever thought of doing a ppb (pay per battle)?
nah we cant set it up like that bro.
we had tried for wd4 i think - where it was 2 different pages for each days battles, also with different purchase options to buy either day or both.

however that system crashed big time and everytime someone refeshed they lost access and i had to email them a new link -numerous times a day per person. multiply that by 1000+ people

our current system wont allow for two diff pages with 2 diff purchase options. perhaps in the future we will look for a better system, but for now this is what we have to deal with
King Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:34 PM   #203
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNegger View Post
Still very possible with 0.3-0.4mb/s. You just make it a smaller image size like 640x480 or even 540x360. Most of the videos you download on lets say torrents are perfectly fine to watch and have been compress from either 1080p/720p TV episodes or DVD/Blu-Rays. Go look up any torrent video and compare 1080 or 720 vs the 480 versions. It encodes the files from a 1.2gb tv show files down to about 240mb. It's completely doable. It's not debatable. Just have to get someone with the know how on-board.
As long as the speed doesn't drop or fluctuate in any way. The base package for a lot of internet providers is 0.5mbp/s upload, which usually means it's anywhere between 0.1-0.4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:35 PM   #204
Dynamo Dan
D-D-D-D-Dan namsayin'?

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Dynamo Dan is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun So Big View Post
im not dyslexic at all
You must be dyslexic cus I clearly never called you dyslexic in that post. Reread.
Dynamo Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:37 PM   #205
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Still very possible with 0.3-0.4mb/s. You just make it a smaller image size like 640x480 or even 540x360. Most of the videos you download on lets say torrents are perfectly fine to watch and have been compress from either 1080p/720p TV episodes or DVD/Blu-Rays. Go look up any torrent video and compare 1080 or 720 vs the 480 versions. It encodes the files from a 1.2gb tv show files down to about 240mb. It's completely doable. It's not debatable. Just have to get someone with the know how on-board.
we tried that for blackout 2 - our first ever ppv- which was also live.
had TONS of complaints on quality
in fact still have 3 battles from that event free on ustream
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/19913861
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/19913445
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/19913157

and since the quality of our ppvs has dramitaclly increased, we didnt want to take 2 steps back (quality) for one step forward(live)

but like i said, since the UW ppv it is something we are actively looking into
Old 03-12-2014, 11:37 PM   #206
KebertXela
after school pottery star

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
KebertXela is not the worst person
thanks for the reply and i was figuring you guys weren't doing it because you couldn't not because you wouldn't.

@pjsumroc and @jeremylambic set up @GunSoBig and @King Fly on B.A.
KebertXela is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:39 PM   #207
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
thanks for the reply and i was figuring you guys weren't doing it because you couldn't not because you wouldn't.

@pjsumroc and @jeremylambic set up @GunSoBig and @King Fly on B.A.
if there was any other option to do this, we would of. each time is also a learning experience which we try to improve on for the next time. Maybe we will figure something out after this to rectify this issue for the future
Old 03-12-2014, 11:43 PM   #208
SuperNegger
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin0 View Post
Except no one wants to watch a 540x360 stream with 16 bit image depth. I thought we were talking about High Stakes quality PPV - 720p at minimum.
Bullshit, you would be surprised to see the image quality even though the image is smaller. In Cali it would be very easy to do with the speeds out here. In Canada you would just reduce image size, not quality - there is a difference.

For instance:

This would be 720p

This would be 480p

There is no loss in image quality. It's like watching 1080p on a youtube page without doing a fullscreen, perfectly watchable.
Light travels at 186,000 miles per second. In a single year light will travel 5,865,696,000,000 miles. It would take 100,000 light years to travel, in a straight line, from one side of our galaxy to the other at the speed of light. The nearest galaxy is 2,000,000 light years away from ours. More galaxies exist in the Universe than there are grains of sand on every beach on Earth.

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - Albert Einstein
Old 03-12-2014, 11:44 PM   #209
SuperNegger
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
As long as the speed doesn't drop or fluctuate in any way. The base package for a lot of internet providers is 0.5mbp/s upload, which usually means it's anywhere between 0.1-0.4.
Well, yes obviously. It's possible though. Free Healthcare yet shitty internet? Damn you crazy canucks.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:45 PM   #210
SuperNegger
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Fly View Post
we tried that for blackout 2 - our first ever ppv- which was also live.
had TONS of complaints on quality
in fact still have 3 battles from that event free on ustream
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/19913861
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/19913445
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/19913157

and since the quality of our ppvs has dramitaclly increased, we didnt want to take 2 steps back (quality) for one step forward(live)

but like i said, since the UW ppv it is something we are actively looking into
Yeah, you mean back when "they" didn't know what they were doing. It's a new day and someone gon learn today!

Old 03-12-2014, 11:45 PM   #211
KebertXela

bar out with GSB on air king fly, this is what the culture is calling for right now. make it happen tonight.

yall two just rap your point of views(and your hearts out) and the issued is settled officially.

if GSB looses he buys the ppv at full value, if KF looses he sends GSB a KOTD shirt
Old 03-12-2014, 11:47 PM   #212
3Face
Banned

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
3Face is a PY Poster
Quote:
bar out with GSB on air king fly, this is what the culture is calling for right now. make it happen tonight.

yall two just rap your point of views(and your hearts out) and the issued is settled officially.

if GSB looses he buys the ppv at full value, if KF looses he sends GSB a KOTD shirt
looses
3Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:47 PM   #213
Seanzo
We in here

Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Well, yes obviously. It's possible though. Free Healthcare yet shitty internet? Damn you crazy canucks.
We have 33 million people in the second largest country in the world! And a telecommunications industry that unfortunately suffers due to over regulation and the mother fucking CRTC.
Quote:
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:

Old 03-12-2014, 11:51 PM   #214
SuperNegger
Super Moderator

Quote:
We have 33 million people in the second largest country in the world! And a telecommunications industry that unfortunately suffers due to over regulation and the mother fucking CRTC.
Well, the funny part is the hardware is there and they are forcing digital caps and filters to restrict speeds. It's physically capable to handle higher speeds. Coaxial and Telephone line hasn't change in what, 60 years? We aren't talking fiber optics speeds here, Lol. Crazy to think they shit on you guys like that.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:52 PM   #215
KebertXela

Quote:
looses
exactly. are you afraid you loose to KF?
Old 03-12-2014, 11:54 PM   #216
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:

hahaha, i think i'd lose- have you seen me battle before??? hahaha its not a pretty sight.
i know this is phone only but still, i know he'd beat me lol
Old 03-12-2014, 11:56 PM   #217
3Face
Banned

3Face is a PY Poster
Quote:
hahaha, i think i'd lose- have you seen me battle before??? hahaha its not a pretty sight.
i know this is phone only but still, i know he'd beat me lol
see.. thats a troll.. i am not a troll
Old 03-12-2014, 11:57 PM   #218
Seanzo
We in here

Quote:
Well, the funny part is the hardware is there and they are forcing digital caps and filters to restrict speeds. It's physically capable to handle higher speeds. Coaxial and Telephone line hasn't change in what, 60 years? We aren't talking fiber optics speeds here, Lol. Crazy to think they shit on you guys like that.
Yeah, it's brutal. My internet at home (that I share with 3 other people) is 100Mbps download and 5Mbps upload, and that's the best I can actually get. I live in a dense urban area, too.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-12-2014, 11:58 PM   #219
KebertXela

i have seen you, thats why i suggested a phone battle.

you the gheorge muresan of battle rap
Old 03-12-2014, 11:59 PM   #220
SuperNegger
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yeah, it's brutal. My internet at home (that I share with 3 other people) is 100Mbps download and 5Mbps upload, and that's the best I can actually get. I live in a dense urban area, too.
Shit, that's 625kb upload. Hell, you could stream the battles live from your house then.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:02 AM   #221
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maven View Post
I said moral of the story is not to buy the PPV to eliminate the bitching when battles dont happen, and are rebooked at different events.

Time for KOTD to announce disclaimers when doing events...like:

*all battles not guaranteed to go down
we do. all cards have been and always will be "subject to change"
it may have been left off the flyer but there are posting around the live venue that state that for this specific reason.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:03 AM   #222
Beaux Jangles
bojangles snappin!!!

Mentioned: 386 Post(s)
Beaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICEBeaux Jangles is NICE
Quote:
we do. all cards have been and always will be "subject to change"
it may have been left off the flyer but there are posting around the live venue that state that for this specific reason.
king fly bodied maven!!!
GoldRaffleBojangles,SnowsCastleBojangles,QuoteSnap pleBojangles,ClothesNaturalBojangles,BrosBlackHole Bojangles,PulpedMangosBojangles,WroteDjangoBojangl es,SoakedFlannelBojangles,RogueAngelBojangles,Home NashvilleBojangles,CrowsHateLawsBojangles,ToveAvri lBojangles,ThrowShrapnelBojangles,GrossRainbowBoja ngles,NoRacialBojangles,RomeStatueBojangles
Beaux Jangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:06 AM   #223
Mr.Mumbles905
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Mr.Mumbles905 is a PY Poster
Good for tax he can kill suge

Wow bigg k vs thesaurus debatable like illmac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr.Mumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:06 AM   #224
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
see.. thats a troll.. i am not a troll
im trolling cuz i think i suck at battling and think you would win??

bro you need to learn what troll means lol
Old 03-13-2014, 12:08 AM   #225
SuperNegger
Super Moderator

Old 03-13-2014, 12:10 AM   #226
3Face
Banned

3Face is a PY Poster
Quote:
im trolling cuz i think i suck at battling and think you would win??

bro you need to learn what troll means lol
no i meant dude was trolling you.. im being completely genuine with you
Old 03-13-2014, 12:25 AM   #227
thagodzombie

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
thagodzombie is a PY Poster
I dont see why all the anger about this PPV, as far as I understood and correct me if Im wrong, but for anyone who bought BO4 they can watch all the make up battles that they missed from BO4 completely FREE, so in reality we lost JC vs. Rone out of BO, if you want to see the other battles buy the PPV, if you want only the make up battles you still get them, thus the fans get the battles the supposedly got fucked over for, how exactly are the people that got fucked on BO4 losing out, you still get those battles. No big deal.
thagodzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:26 AM   #228
Mr.Mumbles905
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Mr.Mumbles905 is a PY Poster
What are you guys looking for them to do

You are still getting what you paid for in the Bo ppv and this one
Who gets screwed is those who went to bo4 live to see those battles abd get nothing

How many people really wsnted to see verb big t shotty live

Mr.Mumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:29 AM   #229
thagodzombie

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
thagodzombie is a PY Poster
Yeah I suppose the live fans missed those battles but wasn't it said that if you have proof of purchase King Fly will hit you off with a link? Not perfect but fuck these guys are working there asses off to soften the blow
thagodzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:33 AM   #230
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mumbles905 View Post
What are you guys looking for them to do

You are still getting what you paid for in the Bo ppv and this one
Who gets screwed is those who went to bo4 live to see those battles abd get nothing

How many people really wsnted to see verb big t shotty live

Quote:
Originally Posted by thagodzombie View Post
Yeah I suppose the live fans missed those battles but wasn't it said that if you have proof of purchase King Fly will hit you off with a link? Not perfect but fuck these guys are working there asses off to soften the blow
yeah i totally agree it sucks for those who went live, especially for those from other countries who came specifically for shotty or someone like that.

but like zombie said, if someone can provide a proof of purchase for bo4 tickets to me and email me at kingfly@kingofthedot.com or support@kingofthedot.com, i will gladly hook them up with an account for the 3 bo4 battles

its just hard to do to those who bought at the door as there is no proof.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:35 AM   #231
3Face
Banned

3Face is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by thagodzombie View Post
I dont see why all the anger about this PPV, as far as I understood and correct me if Im wrong, but for anyone who bought BO4 they can watch all the make up battles that they missed from BO4 completely FREE, so in reality we lost JC vs. Rone out of BO, if you want to see the other battles buy the PPV, if you want only the make up battles you still get them, thus the fans get the battles the supposedly got fucked over for, how exactly are the people that got fucked on BO4 losing out, you still get those battles. No big deal.
ok dark side nova scotia
Old 03-13-2014, 12:37 AM   #232
Hanzaki

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Hanzaki is not the worst person
I love people acting like the five battles that aren't from BO4 aren't worth $4 dollars each. Fuck, I bought balcony tickets, a hotel room and drove to Canada to see BO4. I'll get to watch the battles I missed for free and KOTD will gladly get my $20 dollars for the other 5 battles. It's fucking $20 for Bigg K vs Thesaurus and Rum Nitty vs B Magic alone it's worth it.
Hanzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:47 AM   #233
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
I legit have no idea what the main event will be
Old 03-13-2014, 01:24 AM   #234
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Deuce View Post
I legit have no idea what the main event will be
me either
Old 03-13-2014, 01:26 AM   #235
Exenexex
project pattahhhhh

Mentioned: 322 Post(s)
Exenexex is better than Grind Time AustraliaExenexex is better than Grind Time AustraliaExenexex is better than Grind Time Australia
Holy Don Juan Demarco

B-Magic vs Rum Nitty
buying for shore
Exenexex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:35 AM   #236
5treet5truck
Loyalty Over $$$

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
5treet5truck is not the worst person
Quote:
me either
can you confirm the last announcement will be the main event?

Or is it Shotty Vs Verb?

http://soundcloud.com/johndillin
5treet5truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:37 AM   #237
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5treet5truck View Post
can you confirm the last announcement will be the main event?

Or is it Shotty Vs Verb?
honestly with big t/bender, shotty/verb and even magic/nitty, im not sure the last would even be a main event.
we kinda never went into this thinking of an actual main event for v2r - just wanted to get some good battles together.

Last edited by King Fly; 03-13-2014 at 02:37 AM.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:30 AM   #238
Jerry

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Jerry is a PY Poster
wow why does danny myers get kg the poet and cortez when rum nitty gets magic? get dude some real competition.. anyways card looks solid af, source vs bigg k should be tight
Old 03-13-2014, 02:40 AM   #239
Agro

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Agro is a PY Poster
tbh i think saurus will get 3-0'd by k, probably bodied

illmac had to pull some wizard shit and doesn't have bad breathe control, and made it debatable with k
Old 03-13-2014, 02:42 AM   #240
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
wow why does danny myers get kg the poet and cortez when rum nitty gets magic? get dude some real competition.. anyways card looks solid af, source vs bigg k should be tight
danny called out kg when he battled nitty in his only kotd battle, makes sense his next one is vs who he called out
dont know bout tez, not our league

Tags
fans are greedy bitch ass niggas, kingfly acting like a fag yet again, kingfly finally fired?, kotd salty, onyx goes harder than kingfly, v2r