Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
SMACK has finally put Norbes in the vault

Old 04-28-2020, 07:57 PM   #1
Casual

Mentioned: 454 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
SMACK has finally put Norbes in the vault

Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 08:00 PM   #2
Casual

Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Twork finally got a body on his resume.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:32 PM   #3
Emancee

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
To actually release an official statement that explains you suck must be pretty devastating, lol.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...

Last edited by Emancee; 04-28-2020 at 11:34 PM.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 11:39 PM   #4
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
has been abusing his power for a while tbf
Old 04-29-2020, 12:25 AM   #5
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Also saw that PGs are being discontinued and the Crucible will be the new road into URL.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Old 04-30-2020, 03:37 AM   #6
Profess
become the conspiracy

Mentioned: 257 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Norbes should goto AHAT
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 05:35 AM   #7
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Norbes should goto AHAT
Norbes will almost certainly pop up somewhere else.

Organik and Norbes would be hilarious if that happened.
Old 05-01-2020, 07:47 AM   #8
clapburn

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
clapburn is a PY Poster
Wow. Great firing. Now if smack just fired himself, beasly and the kotd staff.. battle rap would be pretty legit
clapburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 07:49 AM   #9
clapburn

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
clapburn is a PY Poster
I saw norbes catch that beat down and twork really took it easy on him.. he should say thanks
clapburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 08:11 AM   #10
Profess
become the conspiracy

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Norbes will almost certainly pop up somewhere else.

Organik and Norbes would be hilarious if that happened.
A team up like that would be great. I'm rooting for a buddy comedy spin-off
---
But seriously, I really don't know if he would be a good employee or not for a battle rap company. Some people say he is great at recruiting talent and others say he abuses his power. I've always thought of him as a bozo and a punchline. That being said, I've listened to a couple of his podcasts/ interviews over the years and what really stood out to me was his sense of self-importance. So I'd bet that he isn't extremely talented at recruiting, is very lazy, was just in the right place at the right time to link up with url. Lets say he met SMACK in 2001.. how high was the bar to be SMACK's flunky at that point?

----

Best WWE scenario is ARP & Norbes teaming up to ruin the URL's relationship with Caffeine. Or here is my favorite fan theory, Norbes has been planning to leave the URL for a while so hitting on Twerk's BM was part of his strategy to shine a bad light on one of the URL's rising stars to their corporate sponsors and URL staff took the bait.

Old 05-01-2020, 08:58 AM   #11
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Lol at that second paragraph.

"shares URL management in a statement" as in this statement or is there actually a separate one they are quoting from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
It's a fact that The Saurus didn't back down and let Pat Stay be the alpha male and all of that has a FACTUAL basis in primate psychology.

Last edited by rogermellie; 05-01-2020 at 09:02 AM.
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 02:14 PM   #12
Casual

Quote:
A team up like that would be great. I'm rooting for a buddy comedy spin-off
---
But seriously, I really don't know if he would be a good employee or not for a battle rap company. Some people say he is great at recruiting talent and others say he abuses his power. I've always thought of him as a bozo and a punchline. That being said, I've listened to a couple of his podcasts/ interviews over the years and what really stood out to me was his sense of self-importance. So I'd bet that he isn't extremely talented at recruiting, is very lazy, was just in the right place at the right time to link up with url. Lets say he met SMACK in 2001.. how high was the bar to be SMACK's flunky at that point?

----

Best WWE scenario is ARP & Norbes teaming up to ruin the URL's relationship with Caffeine. Or here is my favorite fan theory, Norbes has been planning to leave the URL for a while so hitting on Twerk's BM was part of his strategy to shine a bad light on one of the URL's rising stars to their corporate sponsors and URL staff took the bait.

Yeah.

I wanna see Norbes team up with ARP and then URL steals Gully from KOTD to replace Norbes. URL really missing out on the cop some for ya girl market.

Last edited by Casual; 05-01-2020 at 02:23 PM.
Old 05-02-2020, 01:33 AM   #13
Profess
become the conspiracy

Some people say Lush disrespected KOTD.. so are he and Norbes in the same category?
Old 05-02-2020, 01:46 AM   #14
Profess
become the conspiracy

Old 05-02-2020, 04:03 AM   #15
Casual

Quote:
lol damn norbes got fired again.
Old 05-02-2020, 04:09 AM   #16
iamHBY

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
ARP pulled out some receipts for that video.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 06:19 AM   #17
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
Quote:
Some people say Lush disrespected KOTD.. so are he and Norbes in the same category?
yeah they're in the same category
Feral Linguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 03:12 PM   #18
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
norbes seems to have a lot of connections to battle leagues which would lead me to believe that he'd have a landing spot for a smaller league but ARP ethered him

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. surf
5. geechi
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 05:58 PM   #19
Profess
become the conspiracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Linguist View Post
yeah they're in the same category
Exactly like you and Ekolon
Old 05-02-2020, 06:00 PM   #20
Profess
become the conspiracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
norbes seems to have a lot of connections to battle leagues which would lead me to believe that he'd have a landing spot for a smaller league but ARP ethered him
They'd need to put him on a tight leash.. perhaps install spy software on his company devices
Old 05-02-2020, 06:02 PM   #21
Feral Linguist
otbva

Quote:
Exactly like you and Ekolon
yes, or like you and 40 Tyson
Old 05-02-2020, 06:05 PM   #22
Profess
become the conspiracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
ARP pulled out some receipts for that video.
He didn't rule out allowing Norbes to do consulting for RBE. ARP said something along the lines of if Norbes wants to tell us about promising talent then he should go thru the appropriate channels.

That said, if Norbes wants to stay in the industry he might find success working for himself as a consultant. He could potentially use this slogan "I find 'em, you grind 'em"
Old 05-02-2020, 06:07 PM   #23
Profess
become the conspiracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Linguist View Post
yes, or like you and 40 Tyson
I suggest you focus on becoming a better person. Welcome to the block party

Last edited by Profess; 05-02-2020 at 06:10 PM.
Old 05-03-2020, 02:19 PM   #24
Feral Linguist
otbva

Quote:
I suggest you focus on becoming a better person. Welcome to the block party
insert offensive comment here