Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
more disappointing comeback soul khan or dumbfoundead?

Old 05-08-2020, 06:05 PM   #1
track 1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
track 1 is not the worst person
more disappointing comeback soul khan or dumbfoundead?

both were terrible coming back after long years layoff
track 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 08:59 PM   #2
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Antarctica
SK was waaay worse; Dumb came back the same as he ever was just the game has changed
In Soul Kahn's case we fucking wish we could say that
Neanderthol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 09:04 PM   #3
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 945 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
I would say Soul Khan but I'm not sure if people even cared enough to be disappointed
SonnyDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 09:43 PM   #4
ThaDiz
A bump bump bump

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ThaDiz is not the worst person
SK was more disappointing simply because I kinda hoped he would be decent, whereas I cared even less about a DFD comeback so wasn't as disappointed. Wasn't excited for either but had minimal expectations for SK as compared to non whatsoever for Dumb lol. Still can't work out what Soul Khan was trying to do lol.
ThaDiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 11:50 PM   #5
Emancee

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Is this even a question?!? I actually enjoyed both of DFD's comeback battles. His style is a little dated, but the battles were relatively entertaining and he got off some punches.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:28 AM   #6
iamHBY

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I actually really enjoyed Dumbfoundead's performance against Conceited, I thought he had some solid gems in there. While I do think Soul Khan had some material here and there that was decent, I'd say he was more disappointing from a combination of his voice being so fucked up that he couldn't properly project or rap, and then just how long every round was.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:53 AM   #7
KebertXela
after school pottery star

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
KebertXela is not the worst person
At least when DFD returned it was a battle. Whatever soulcial justice warrior khan did was him doing him to stroke his own ego.
KebertXela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 10:20 AM   #8
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
soul khan clearly worse , not even worth debating
Old 05-09-2020, 11:23 AM   #9
averagejoe
©

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
lol was khan that bad
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 03:51 PM   #10
Felicity Halsey
Certified vet

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Felicity Halsey is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy View Post
soul khan clearly worse , not even worth debating
facts
Old 05-10-2020, 09:36 AM   #11
clapburn

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
clapburn is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity Halsey View Post
facts
All of this. Come on man
clapburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 10:48 AM   #12
Emancee

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
lol was khan that bad
Not in the uploaded battle, but you had to see the unedited footage to realize how bad it was. Avo is a miracle worker to make an almost watchable battle out of that mess.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 08:59 PM   #13
StankDaddy

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
StankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Yes - consensus is correct. THe SK battle is genuinely bad (apart from like sparse moments) including Diz parts.
DFD vs Conceited was a GOOD battle. Not amazing, but good and Dumb was actually really good for someone coming back after five years.

Shoutout to KOTD and OVO one time - for flying out Jet Li on A leer (Aaliyah) jet cuz lil Romeo Must Die

That was PURE flames. Though, he had nothing else that good in the entire battle LOL
StankDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 01:36 PM   #14
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Sk was awful... not bashing his approach because he had pretty good angles. But that booming projection that sk used to have just wasn’t there.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. surf
5. geechi
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 01:37 AM   #15
iamHBY

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by StankDaddy View Post
Yes - consensus is correct. THe SK battle is genuinely bad (apart from like sparse moments) including Diz parts.
DFD vs Conceited was a GOOD battle. Not amazing, but good and Dumb was actually really good for someone coming back after five years.

Shoutout to KOTD and OVO one time - for flying out Jet Li on A leer (Aaliyah) jet cuz lil Romeo Must Die

That was PURE flames. Though, he had nothing else that good in the entire battle LOL
I liked the polygraph line, and it was fun to watch Conceited break character after Dumb's line about how thanks to being short, Conceited's able to get the Jordans all cheap.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 07:26 PM   #16
StankDaddy

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
StankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I liked the polygraph line, and it was fun to watch Conceited break character after Dumb's line about how thanks to being short, Conceited's able to get the Jordans all cheap.
LOL yes, that was good. And the idea that his hot tubs are all sinks. I guess it was more the execution - real simple Grindtimey stuff in an era that has evolved.

Edit: Though, in his defense he addressed that with the 'slow it down' chunk
StankDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags